Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,681 members, 7,801,963 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:05 AM

Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? (14594 Views)

Friends Mourn Young Mother Who Died During Childbirth / NAFDAC Announces Plan To Further Regulate Sniper "Suicide" / Worst Day Of My Life: She Was Barren For 14yrs & She Died On Childbirth - Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 11:30am On Sep 03, 2018
VeeVeeMyLuv:
tax that gofment people habitually use their own two hands to chop.
Lol.
whats the difference in that and export revenue? Point is even if they are not embezzling it we are still messed up because of our population, you can't compare a man. That has one wife two children with a man that has 6wifes 20 children on same salary, that's the issue, we are messed up if we continue this way and China is not an example for us, that's a civilization that is more than 3000 years old with a land mass far bigger than ours.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 11:41am On Sep 03, 2018
dragon2:

Do you think Nigeria cannot generate more than 2Mbpd? We wont be allowed by OPEC,simple. The 11Mbpd the US generates is not for export,hence not under OPEC,but rather for growing their economy.So yes, the U.S. Government will make a lot of money from taxing its very productive population that consumes that oil. Nigeria's oil Consumption is about 300kbpd and is even subsidised for the highly unproductive population.So whereas the US Government makes money from taxing oil consumption in its country,Oil consumption is a drain on our finances gained from oil production because we are not a productive society.

EDIT

The tax and royalties,is it not from a productive population?
america subsidise it's oil consumption, go and read you talking about export, what's the difference in that with what you consume locally? And you tax, export ts generate marginally 20%max on local taxes, duties and taxes are all the same its all money, opec does not compel non members from increasing their production level,Russia, US, UK are non opec members, Nigeria maximum ever output is 3mbd and we are not currently close to 2mbp, on your last statement, its not, the issue with America is if oil price jumps up more than 30% suddenly its economy contrasts, and no government in power want that to happen on their watch, but if it goes up steadily and with shale oil right now, they might say screw it you all go screws yourself we are good, crude oil is less than 2% of America GDP so why would that affect its spending? Aftect the economy yes, other things that are of lesser value can also. Am done dude I don't think you can understand.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 12:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
resurgent2019:

Continue lying to yourself that you are a southerner. Even southern Muslims can’t think like you think. We shall be free even if it involves war.

Southern Muslims indeed.
You think you can play that regional card with me and get a pat on the back from me?
You must be joking.

What applies to Muslims in the north also applies to the ones in the South and same goes for every Muslim in the world.
You people don't define to us how we(Muslims) live our lives when government is providing zero facilities. You can't define my standards.

And as for the war part, oga madam NOBODY is holding you oh. You are free to do what you want, but don't drag some of us along with yourselves.
We live by our own standards, not by your ever erratic standard which has increased almost forms of immorality today.

To you, having illegal children and bastards (whether they have baby mummies or baby daddies) does not matter.
All you care about is how people should be reduced so that you can enjoy your life like a pig in a pigsty.

If you are so angry about this go to the north and stop them because you rant here is not relevant beyond this space.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 12:40pm On Sep 03, 2018
raumdeuter:

Then if the person becomes rich, he can have more.

Having children without resources to car for them is evil

Beautiful nonsense.
Who sets the time for being rich or poor?
You ba?
As if God tells you (like those your lying pastors say) that at so and so time your wealth will come and at so and so time it will reduce.
I don't make permutations on matters beyond my knowledge.
If we were to follow this your methodology if reducing when you are poor and increasing when you are rich. I will count people today who are from poor back grounds who are the 6th, 7th, 8th and even 9th child of their poor parents but where able to pull through to make it in life.
No child should be prevented from coming to this would because of fear of poverty.
Poverty is a result of greed not a result of population explosion.
If people would pay their tax, government would utilise such money and everybody live according to his/her means without looking for luxuries everybody will enjoy, but no. Most of us here hate to share what we have, whereas all we have ever gathered will be left by us when we go six feet below.
We focus to much on bodily satisfaction to the neglect of our spiritual body.

The world is enough to can cater for our needs,but can't cater for our greed.
Birth rate control is not the cause if poverty but greed,improper utilisation of wealth and injustice are the chief causes of poverty.

And pease, if this is how you want to live your life nobody is stopping you,but don't force it down other people's throats.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by IbnAbdullah1(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
alezzy13:

Guys pls stop this trash. No one is saying poor people shouldn't have children, but they have a manageable number.

Yes there are some rich spoilt children who become nuisances (eg cultists) but the fact remains that a majority of them are from poor families who no opportunity to empower themselves.

Imagine a case where a guys knocks at your door by 6am like he about to break it down. What's the problem? Oh sorry he says, my wife just put to bed and doesn't have N500 to pay the local birth attendant. And that's not the worst of it, the man already has a BATTALION of children at home. Almost none at school. This is not a made up story. It happens almost eveyday. Until we deal with the population issue especially if you have very poor source of income then the poverty issue will never abate

The father of such family is simply irresponsible.
So you don't go blaming other responsible men who have children they take care of with manageable income because some random male who becomes a man by knowing how to use what is between his thighs.

People are still responsible and are doing their best to live life as they see fit
Population is never a bane to a society in general except they lack ideas on how to manage human resources .

Spain and some other countries are afraid that in the nearest future that immigrants will likely take up jobs and become more in their country because the over half of their population are getting old and the young able marriageable men and women are not interest in having babies.
And this just for Spain oh. Even Japan (or some other advanced country) are seeing this,but you are too blind to see the picture bigger than it is because everything has to be based on how many material thing one is able to acquire .
This school school school you people keep shouting about. You should know everybody is not meant to go to school.
Some people are better off learning a trade or an apprentice than being in the four walls of a class room.

Life is not how you define it, it defined by God's standard.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 1:07pm On Sep 03, 2018
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 1:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
masseratti:
america subsidise it's oil consumption, go and read you talking about export, what's the difference in that with what you consume locally? And you tax, export ts generate marginally 20%max on local taxes, duties and taxes are all the same its all money, opec does not compel non members from increasing their production level,Russia, US, UK are non opec members, Nigeria maximum ever output is 3mbd and we are not currently close to 2mbp, on your last statement, its not, the issue with America is if oil price jumps up more than 30% suddenly its economy contrasts, and no government in power want that to happen on their watch, but if it goes up steadily and with shale oil right now, they might say screw it you all go screws yourself we are good, crude oil is less than 2% of America GDP so why would that affect its spending? Aftect the economy yes, other things that are of lesser value can also. Am done dude I don't think you can understand.

Let me school you.

The Nigerian Economy is oil export dependent,to generate enough receipts to function.Why? Because we don't produce enough local value to run Government. 93% of our Export earnings are oil,which accounts for 51% of Federal receipts. OPEC controls how much oil we can produce depending on Demand and Supply Factors.
Taxation of its people (Income not Corporate) brings in 48% of US Government Receipts at a Hefty $1.6 Trillion dollars. payroll tax 34%, Coorporate tax is just $324B, at 9%.Then Excise,estate tax etc. Our Earnings from oil in the First quater of this year is $13.5B. Estimates for the year can then be said to be around $50B.

Do you see the difference? The max the Nigerian Federal Government can expect as revenue is $120B of which $50B is oil. However,taxation of the people of the U.S brings in $1.6Trillion to the U.S. Government(3x our Entire Economy).

More importantly,the U.S. Government has very little receipts from Export unlike our Government for whom oil receipts are 50%,hence subject to oil shocks. Simply put.The U.S. Government makes money from taxing its highly productive LARGE population and nothing else.

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2018
dragon2:

Let me school you.

The Nigerian Economy is oil export dependent,to generate enough receipts to function.Why? Because we don't produce enough local value to run Government. 93% of our Export earnings are oil,which accounts for 51% of Federal receipts. OPEC controls how much oil we can produce depending on Demand and Supply Factors.
Taxation of its people (Income not Corporate) brings in 48% of US Government Receipts at a Hefty $1.6 Trillion dollars. payroll tax 34%, Coorporate tax is just $324B, at 9%.Then Excise,estate tax etc. Our Earnings from oil in the First quater of this year is $13.5B. Estimates for the year can then be said to be around $50B.

Do you see the difference? The max the Nigerian Federal Government can expect as revenue is $120B of which $50B is oil. However,taxation of the people of the U.S brings in $1.6Trillion to the U.S. Government(3x our Entire Economy).

More importantly,the U.S. Government has very little receipts from Export unlike our Government for whom oil receipts are 50%,hence subject to oil shocks. Simply put.The U.S. Government makes money from taxing its highly productive LARGE population and nothing else.
oga lecturer, i will keep on coming down to your level, NNPC which is government owned company generated the bulk of Nigerian oil export receipts in conjunction with the IOCs the rest comes from custom duties and taxes, the US does not av a government controlled oil company like petrobras of brasil or Aramco Saudi Arabia has, that does not mean the US does not export, the US has the highest number of export of goods and services cum its internal generated revenue it dwarfs our own revenue in all aspects, apart from its taxes from its population it will still dwarf our own economy by nothing less than 2 trillion dollars and we are still managing 40 billion dollars, let me break it down for you, its like you comparing yourself that has 40 naira with your friend that has 2000 naira, oga you are poor. We can't produce more than 2.5mbp with our reserves even without opec restrictions right now, we don't have the reserves, and you want to compare that to a nation that produce 11mbp?common give me a break, its not about the exports by the way it's about what the government earns and what the value of what the people produce.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by freshkpomo(m): 4:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
omoelerin1:
This op is very stupid and a tribal bigot.
Northerners are not giving birth for the purpose of political domination as you want us to believe. It is more or less a social cultural thing.
thanks for the isult though.... But i am not talking about politics here.... Its Islam and polygamy i am talking about
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by buzzy960: 4:21pm On Sep 03, 2018
Stallion93:
Be fruitful and multiply doesn't mean have sex and Birth children, God said replenish the earth that means be innovative, Invent things, use your brains and bless the earth. The reason why it takes 2 humans(Man and woman) to birth a child is because 2 heads should be better than 1 in setting a blueprint for the innocent child who didn't consent to be birth. Thunder fire any man that will birth a child just to start selling Water leaf at 5 yrs old
God bless u
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
masseratti:
oga lecturer, i will keep on coming down to your level, NNPC which is government owned company generated the bulk of Nigerian oil export receipts in conjunction with the IOCs the rest comes from custom duties and taxes, the US does not av a government controlled oil company like petrobras of brasil or Aramco Saudi Arabia has, that does not mean the US does not export, the US has the highest number of export of goods and services cum its internal generated revenue it dwarfs our own revenue in all aspects, apart from its taxes from its population it will still dwarf our own economy by nothing less than 2 trillion dollars and we are still managing 40 billion dollars, let me break it down for you, its like you comparing yourself that has 40 naira with your friend that has 2000 naira, oga you are poor. We can't produce more than 2.5mbp with our reserves even without opec restrictions right now, we don't have the reserves, and you want to compare that to a nation that produce 11mbp?common give me a break, its not about the exports by the way it's about what the government earns and what the value of what the people produce.

The U.S. Govt. does not make money from exports,its American Companies that do.The Govt. Simply TAXES those companies profits.Yet its income from corporate tax is dwarfed by income tax from its 300M+ active productive population. Its proceeds from the 11MBPD oil crude is got from taxing its people who consume the crude internaly not from exporting the crude. The US Govt. does not run companies ,so does not export. Understand?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Stallion93(m): 7:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
buzzy960:
God bless u
grin bless u too man
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by Dwhyte(m): 7:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
dingbang:
There is a command.. Be fruitful and multiply.

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature to register and bank your way.

You first
Be fruitful n multiply ba

If I call state now, Akwa Ibom pipo go say I don start again
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dingbang(m): 7:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dwhyte:

Be fruitful n multiply ba

If I call state now, Akwa Ibom pipo go say I don start again
grin
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by gnykelly(m): 8:43pm On Sep 03, 2018
Tundeobama:

you so dumb why do you think much poverty is peculiar to state with parents that give birth to children you can't provide food clothing and shelter?why do you think wester worlds check population through emigration and birth control.All this primary school drop out.I guess you always happy seeing Almajiri on the streetFor every child you give birth to and you cannot provide for making him criminal God will punish your likes.
right or not government don't legislate on private issues. population growth has no effect on poverty.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by MMotimo: 4:31am On Sep 04, 2018
I wish this could be a topic for debate in secondary schools so that kids can use their heads to contemplate this before childbearing age when society tells them uncontrolled childbirth without resources is fine.

1 Like

Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 8:25am On Sep 04, 2018
dragon2:

The U.S. Govt. does not make money from exports,its American Companies that do.The Govt. Simply TAXES those companies profits.Yet its income from corporate tax is dwarfed by income tax from its 300M+ active productive population. Its proceeds from the 11MBPD oil crude is got from taxing its people who consume the crude internaly not from exporting the crude. The US Govt. does not run companies ,so does not export. Understand?
oh lord of mercy, so you think the tucano that was sold to us in Nigeria, the US did not make anything from it? 11MBP and they are not collecting taxes and export duties cum royalties from the company that drill crude? Oga you are right ooo, very right, continue.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 9:28am On Sep 04, 2018
masseratti:
oh lord of mercy, so you think the tucano that was sold to us in Nigeria, the US did not make anything from it? 11MBP and they are not collecting taxes and export duties cum royalties from the company that drill crude? Oga you are right ooo, very right, continue.

"....the tucano that was sold to us in Nigeria...."
Sale was approved by the US Government because American Companies have parts in the aircraft.The Aircraft is made by The Embraer Defense Corporation. The Corporation is on the New York Stock Exchange. Any time they post their profits,the US Government will collect it's Corpoprate TAX. Again,the Income of the US Government is solely from TAX and Duties.The Oil companies pay tax of course,but the 11MBPDD oil drilled is NOT Exported.

The tax and duties from companies is only 9% of USGov. income. A whopping 49% is directly from taxing it's productive workforce from a pop. of 300+Mil.

What does this mean? The larger and more productive your population is,the more money you earn as a Government.Company taxes and duties are a pittance in comparison. The Question is.Why are we not productive?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 9:50am On Sep 04, 2018
Just in case you do not know @masseratti. The USGov does not collect duties for exports,rather it collects for imports. Infact,in some cases(just like china) it subsidises some of the products exported by reducing taxable returns. Agric products come to mind.
Money made by companies from export is charged through corporate tax which is only 9% of USGov income.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 5:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
dragon2:
Just in case you do not know @masseratti. The USGov does not collect duties for exports,rather it collects for imports. Infact,in some cases(just like china) it subsidises some of the products exported by reducing taxable returns. Agric products come to mind.
Money made by companies from export is charged through corporate tax which is only 9% of USGov income.
oga really? Have you being to the US before? So the money I paid to ship my car down to Nigeria went to a private pocket at the dockyard? Na wa oooo, oga no no dey my level abeg go and convo with primary school pupils,
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 5:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
dragon2:

"....the tucano that was sold to us in Nigeria...."
Sale was approved by the US Government because American Companies have parts in the aircraft.The Aircraft is made by The Embraer Defense Corporation. The Corporation is on the New York Stock Exchange. Any time they post their profits,the US Government will collect it's Corpoprate TAX. Again,the Income of the US Government is solely from TAX and Duties.The Oil companies pay tax of course,but the 11MBPDD oil drilled is NOT Exported.

The tax and duties from companies is only 9% of USGov. income. A whopping 49% is directly from taxing it's productive workforce from a pop. of 300+Mil.

What does this mean? The larger and more productive your population is,the more money you earn as a Government.Company taxes and duties are a pittance in comparison. The Question is.Why are we not productive?
OK ooo, you are right abeg, am done
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 5:57pm On Sep 04, 2018
masseratti:
oga really? Have you being to the US before? So the money I paid to ship my car down to Nigeria went to a private pocket at the dockyard? Na wa oooo, oga no no dey my level abeg go and convo with primary school pupils,

I have been noticing the insults you give,when you have no response,that's very poor. Shipping costs go to shipping companies who pay tax to the USGov. Or do you see any USGov official collecting money at the Ports?

".....Here’s What the Constitution Says about Taxing Exports

Although we have had to amend the U.S. Constitution a few times, for the most part, it has withstood the test of time. The Framers left us a document of remarkable clarity.

Article 1 defines how the legislative branch works—and Section 9 is a list of things Congress can’t do. It includes this: “No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.”
The Constitution prohibits the federal government from taxing exports. They can’t do it. Period. Court rulings over the years make this very clear......."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2017/02/13/the-us-has-never-had-a-tax-on-exports/#796ed1c2dac6

Have you been educated?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
dragon2:

I have been noticing the insults you give,when you have no response,that's very poor. Shipping costs go to shipping companies who pay tax to the USGov. Or do you see any USGov official collecting money at the Ports?

".....Here’s What the Constitution Says about Taxing Exports

Although we have had to amend the U.S. Constitution a few times, for the most part, it has withstood the test of time. The Framers left us a document of remarkable clarity.

Article 1 defines how the legislative branch works—and Section 9 is a list of things Congress can’t do. It includes this: “No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.”
The Constitution prohibits the federal government from taxing exports. They can’t do it. Period. Court rulings over the years make this very clear......."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/patrickwwatson/2017/02/13/the-us-has-never-had-a-tax-on-exports/#796ed1c2dac6

Have you been educated?
oga us government colletct duties oooo, and it makes money from imports into the US. #facts
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 2:51pm On Sep 05, 2018
masseratti:
oga us government colletct duties oooo, and it makes money from imports into the US. #facts

Yes it makes money from imports duties not exports. Your car was an export from the U.S.
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by masseratti: 6:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
dragon2:

Yes it makes money from imports duties not exports. Your car was an export from the U.S.
má wah ooo, so you mean America does not export anything?
Re: Should Nigerian Government Regulate Childbirth Like The Chinese? by dragon2(m): 8:13am On Sep 06, 2018
masseratti:
má wah ooo, so you mean America does not export anything?

What I said is yes,it makes money from import duties.They have no duties on exports.That does not mean they (american companies) don't export.Simply,the USGov can't charge goods american companies export. They can only tax,the companies profits.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Stop Patronizing Herbal Concoctions From Hawkers - NAFDAC / Maternity Hospitals/clinics In Lagos! / Twitter Helps Suicidal Lady Overcome Depression. See How

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.