Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:36 AM

How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? (1361 Views)

Man Falls From High Voltage Overhead Power Line After Being Electrocuted (video) / States/capital With Best power supply In Nigeria / Epileptic Power Supply In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? by VOJA(m): 7:50pm On Sep 02, 2018
Nairalanders, please be of immense help through your contributions or suggestions.
I recently relocated to an area where their power supply from the national grade is nothing to write home about.
Whenever they restore light, it looks as if it's a candle light and it cannot even charge a phone let alone to power on my electronics...

Please, is there anything like an appliance or a meter that I need to buy in order to stabilize the light?

Please advise...
Re: How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? by cardoso514: 8:00pm On Sep 02, 2018
Your local electrical contractor will know why there's low current.He may advise you to change phase or ask you to use stabiliser or regulator
Re: How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? by VOJA(m): 8:15pm On Sep 02, 2018
cardoso514:
Your local electrical contractor will know why there's low current.He may advise you to change phase or ask you to use stabiliser or regulator

Oh, but I already have a stabilizer. Sadly, it's of no use cos the light voltage is too low and the stabilizer can't work.

As for the regulator, I would have to make findings about it.. I don't think I've come across it before.
Re: How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? by rottennaija(m): 8:16pm On Sep 02, 2018
VOJA:
Nairalanders, please be of immense help through your contributions or suggestions.
I recently relocated to an area where their power supply from the national grade is nothing to write home about.
Whenever they restore light, it looks as if it's a candle light and it cannot even charge a phone let alone to power on my electronics...

Please, is there anything like an appliance or a meter that I need to buy in order to stabilize the light?

Please advise...

It is generally because not all phase are supplied from the transformer, thereby causing everyone to use the one or two phase in supply. Contact your electricity provider, let them come and restore the missing phase which would improve the supply
Re: How Do I Improve Upon My Low-voltage Power Supply? by zeestone99(m): 11:20pm On Sep 02, 2018
VOJA:

Please advise...
If stab can't solve d prob, den u need solar power, i have affordable ones that can do basic things.
Call/whatapp 08117398294

(1) (Reply)

Nigcomsat Free To Air Channels, No Monthly Subscription / Shocking All You Need To Know About Dw-arerben ��� / What's Wrong With First Bank USSD Code?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.