Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,493 members, 7,808,827 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:33 PM

APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees (12733 Views)

APC Speaks On Cancellation Of Kano Presidential Rally / APC Speaks On Removal Of Orji Uzor Kalu's Name From Party's Register / APC Speaks Ahead Of Lagos Primary, Emergence Of Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by 16Ebiscoo: 8:08am On Sep 03, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) has said it was yet to receive any formal complaint about nominations fees from any of its members or aspirants.

The party last week proposed N1m for State Assembly aspirants, N3.8m for House of Representatives aspirants, N8.5 for Senate aspirants, N22.5m for governorship aspirants and N55.5m for presidential nomination forms for the 2019 general election.

The fees have sparked protest and members are positing that elective positions should not be for only moneybags.

Reacting, APC National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, explained that what the National Working Committee (NWC) presented before National Executive Committee (NEC) was a proposal which was being considered.

Nabena told Punch, “To the best of my knowledge, the party has not received any complain from any of our aspirants.

“I know that what we have are proposals being considered and NEC gave that responsibility to the NWC.”

Meanwhile, an internal crisis is brewing in the ruling party over the mode of primaries.

On Sunday, Nabena said that the party had received information that some members were working against the NEC resolutions.

The spokesman noted: “The identities of those plotting such meetings have been identified and unless they desist from such they will be dealt with in line with the Party’s Constitution at the appropriate time.

“The NWC will resist any attempt to disrupt the current peace and harmony prevailing in our great Party after the exit of some members of our Party.

“We urge any member who is not satisfied with the decisions of the Party to utillize channels provided by the Party’s constitution to air their views.”

Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-speaks-on-members-condemnation-of.html

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by iammo(m): 8:18am On Sep 03, 2018
Prices of commodity had gone up under APC's government(fuel,electricity tarrif, data cost, foodstuff, cement etc), its only fair they also enjoy the general price hike they foster on the masses. after all they make it right back through allowances, security vote, constituency allowance and running cost

27 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by StillX10(m): 8:24am On Sep 03, 2018
Useless party, even your nomination fee is high under your leadership

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2018
Thieves

7 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by lathrowinger: 9:34am On Sep 03, 2018
APC are Scammer PDP na hacker. Yahoo Nation

5 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Bolustical: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
These respective nomination fees are way too much.

This is aside campaign funds.

There is hardly how anyone who pays this will not loot the treasury and it's also giving undue advantages to the rich incumbents. So this is wrong.

You can't fight corruption by encouraging

6 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Bolustical: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
dukie25:

The much awaited implosion is about to happen. When it happens, even Tinubu would be begging to join APGA.

APGA?

What's APGA? An NGO or Trade Union?

The way you guys reason with your anus sef amuses me.

It's better you focus on the implosion that will stem from your primaries this month.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Authoreety: 9:35am On Sep 03, 2018
Pls let us just do and remove buhari, lets not give it to saraki o... buhari beta pass saraki.. someone else, not ds two pipo

Oga buhari just cum flex retirement 4 aso rock...

Saraki has nothing to write home abt

Wetin I dey yarn sef

1 Like

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by kolafolabi(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2018
This is getting interesting..

3 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by dukie25: 9:36am On Sep 03, 2018
Meanwhile, an internal crisis is brewing in the ruling party over the mode of primaries.

On Sunday, Nabena said that the party had received information that some members were working against the NEC resolutions
The much awaited implosion is about to happen. When it happens, even Tinubu would be begging to join APGA.

7 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by xtophy1(m): 9:36am On Sep 03, 2018
A very sad news i woke up to see this morning is the funding of Buhari nomination form on Facebook. I am sure that even the blind and cripple Almajiri will also contribute. It's very sad to see things like this happening in Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by maestroferddi: 9:37am On Sep 03, 2018
Kick APC out now...

6 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:38am On Sep 03, 2018
16Ebiscoo:
Nabena told Punch, “To the best of my knowledge, the party has not received any complain from any of our aspirants
Source: http://www.mcebisco.com.ng/2018/09/apc-speaks-on-members-condemnation-of.html
So you did not consider the one from Buhari because he is lifeless bah

To think that you people are quick to deceive the zombies on how you are fighting corruption!

You want to collect N8.5M from the same national assembly we are all complaining about their bogus salary

Is solution in sight at all

Where do you want these people to get these monies from if they are not corrupt

5 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by nwakibe: 9:39am On Sep 03, 2018
Na there way. Go and check nomination fees of PDP. Money making party.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by alklas(m): 9:39am On Sep 03, 2018
wow!
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Davicjoe(m): 9:40am On Sep 03, 2018
Afterall na dem increase dollars, so why form no go increase. Election is for d big wits, if u can't afford it clear road. My country my country
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:40am On Sep 03, 2018
Let's do what is right to move the nation forward....
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by ajbf: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
APC leaders are just being realistic as to the damages their administration has done to economy. In 2014, APC #27 millions party nomination form at the exchange rate of $1 to #160+ is equivalent (or approximately equal ) to #55,000,000 in 2018 if #360+ to $1 exchange rate at the moment is anything to go by.
https://www.exchangerates.org.uk/USD-NGN-31_08_2014-exchange-rate-history.html?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C3639043285

2 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by BruncleZuma: 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by Phygo(m): 9:41am On Sep 03, 2018
Corrupt Fools
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by elpj: 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
It is now that d prophesy of Baba Fela is displaying its face. Really suffering and smiling.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by patrickmuf(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
Not too young to run and now this...Makes absolutely no sense...

1 Like

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by SonOfWealth(m): 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
I belong to everybody, I belong to nobody.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by OttHin: 9:43am On Sep 03, 2018
Meaning Of APC

A - Always
P - Protecting
C - Cows

Wisdom is raping me slowly. Chai,who slap me?

2 Likes

Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by lawrence35(m): 9:44am On Sep 03, 2018
APC

The better demon we knew not.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by blackpanda: 9:44am On Sep 03, 2018
xtophy1:
A very sad news i woke up to see this morning is the funding of Buhari nomination form on Facebook. I am sure that even the blind and cripple Almajiri will also contribute. It's very sad to see things like this happening in Nigeria.

LMAO

I feel your painment

Make frustration no kill u sha
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by SEONaijaExpert: 9:46am On Sep 03, 2018
Same way I wondered where the news came from.

The same people that sat together on the NEC meetings for hours and came up with the price tag for the forms would now be the same people to condemn it? It's illogical to admit.

But of course, there are fake news and traffic happy blogs and webs everywhere and this is just uncalled for.
Re: APC Speaks On Members’ Condemnation Of Nomination Fees by RexTramadol1: 9:51am On Sep 03, 2018
If not that the country is filled with mad people

why should serving the country be priced out of the pockets of the common man

Very Absurd!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nuhu Abok Impeached As Plateau Speaker, Assembly Names Sanda As New Speaker / Ganduje's Ward In Dawakin-Tofa LGA Suspends Him From APC For Corruption / Oil Exports On Course Despite Militants’ Attacks- Vanguard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.