Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,394 members, 7,800,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:03 AM

2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline (13733 Views)

Why Atiku, Saraki, Kwankwaso Won’t Return To APC - Daily Trust / PDP Gives Return Tickets To Saraki, Kwankwaso, Tambuwal After Convention / I Defeated Saraki, Kwankwaso, Others In Online Poll — Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Islie: 10:45am On Sep 03, 2018
Party in dilemma over choice of presidential candidate

By Onyekachi Eze

The problem of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in choosing its presidential candidate for the 2019 is being compounded with the entrance of the President of the Senate, Dr. Bukola Saraki, and former Kano State governor, Senator Rabiu Kwankwaso, into the race.

At the close of work last Friday, nine out of the 12 presidential aspirants on the platform of the party have obtained their nomination forms, signalling their intention to vie for the ticket.

Those who paid the N12 million expression of interest and nomination forms were Saraki, Kwankwaso, Atiku Abubakar, Aminu Tambuwal, Attahiru Bafarawa, Datti Baba Ahmed, Kabiru Tanimu Turaki, Sule Lamido and Ibrahim Dankwambo.

Former Chairman of the National Caretaker Committee, Ahmed Makarfi; former Kano State governor, Mallam Ibrahim Shekarau and former Plateau State governor, Jonah Jang, are expected to obtain their forms this week. Aspirants to various positions in the party have till Thursday, September 6 to obtain and submit their nomination forms.

The high number of presidential aspirants is a source for concern to the party. PDP National Chairman, Prince Uche Secondus, last Wednesday, met with nine of the presidential aspirants who honoured his invitation for a meeting with the aspirants.

A source privy to the decisions reached at the meeting said the aspirants were told to go back and talk to themselves on how to reduce the number. “But if none of them agrees to step down, then they go to the field. What the chairman (Prince Secondus) told them is that there will be a level playing field,” the source disclosed.

He also said the aspirants would be made to sign an undertaking not to leave PDP after the primaries and to support whoever emerges as the presidential candidate, adding that about two of such meetings would be held before the presidential primaries. New Telegraph reported two weeks ago of the division in the party between the governors and stakeholders over Atiku and Tambuwal’s ambitions.

The decision of Saraki and Kwankwaso to join the race has altered the political permutations. A source revealed that Tambuwal is fast losing support because some party stakeholders believe he is not yet ripe for presidency.

“It is believed that the Sultanate is lobbying for him, but the refusal of (Senator Aliyu) Wamakko to join him in PDP is rubbing off on him. “Whether you like it or not, what Tambuwal is today in politics is made possible by Wamakko. So, it is doubtful if he can pull the crowd even in Sokoto State if Wamakko is not behind him.

”And don’t forget, some people are still holding it against him that he stabbed the party in 2011 by working with the opposition and became speaker of the House of Representatives against the wish of the party. All these things are counting against him,” he added.

PDP believes that Kwankwaso’s candidacy would divide Buhari’s support base, especially in Kano and some other states in North-West. But the party is worried of his reception in other parts of the country, especially in the South where he is seen as a fanatic.

“With Kwankwaso as candidate, PDP is sure of, at least 35 per cent (of the votes) in Kano. He still has supporters there despite what (Governor Umar) Ganduje is doing. He can also win in some other states in the North-West. But he is not liked in the South.
He just asked the party to keep his Senate seat for him in case he loses (the presidential ticket),” he stated. The PDP National Working Committee (NWC), on Friday, dissolved the executive committee in Kano State and replaced it with a caretaker committee.

The move, it was believed, is to enable Kwankwaso take control of the party structure in the state.
The source said Saraki has the identity problem because the North has not yet seen him as one of its own.

According to him, Saraki’s entrance into the race has pitched the governors against members of the National Assembly. “Some of the governors may want one of their own to pick the ticket, but Saraki will have the sympathy of members of the National Assembly.

Some will vote for Kwankwaso because he is one of them, but majority will vote for Saraki,” he said. He, however, noted that Atiku is still the candidate to beat among all the aspirants.

“He is still the strongest person,” he said, adding that some notable politicians are likely to defect to PDP if he picks the party’s ticket.

https://newtelegraphonline.com/2018/09/2019-saraki-kwankwasos-ambitions-unsettle-pdp/

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by HungerBAD: 10:46am On Sep 03, 2018
Unsettles indeed.

N12 Million of Nigerians tax payers money,earlier stolen by these criminals just wasted on the PDP like that. The PDP is the gathering of people who lack common sense to tell themselves the truth.

And the biggest lie anybody can say, is to lie to themselves. Which Presidency?who is qualified in this gathering of looting vultures wannabe Presidential candidates, that is really qualified to lead Nigeria?

APC won as a result of the coalition of Nigerians that got tired of how PDP was looting Nigeria. That Coalition is still standing today NATIONALLY.

NIgeria has lost faith in PDP a long time ago,and will never bring them to the center anymore. Buhari is not perfect, but the shoe of a Buhari, is better than any human the PDP has to offer.

That Sultan should also remember how he got there,and should not forget how the other one was deposed and banished for not being loyal.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by J2381: 10:50am On Sep 03, 2018
A house divided among itself can not stand. That's a standard fact! A house full of thieves will surely find itself stealing from its members. Now this is the case of PDP!.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by dukie25: 10:51am On Sep 03, 2018
“It is believed that the Sultanate is lobbying for him

Sultan self don join PDP, interesting, very interesting.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by fallout87: 11:33am On Sep 03, 2018
dukie25:

Sultan self don join PDP, interesting, very interesting.

He hasn't joined persay... he just doesn't want Buhari

Check my posts from months ago. Before Tambuwal defected I had already told this forum the Sultan was against Buhari and Tambuwal would defect. It was especially funny because one BMC got a job under Tambuwal administration and was chanting all his "sai baba" and praising APC. I warned him he didn't know his bosses wanted nothing to do with APC. He argued what did I know?

He hasn't returned, but now he knows that I know.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by dukie25: 11:35am On Sep 03, 2018
fallout87:

He hasn't joined persay... he just doesn't want Buhari

Check my posts from months ago. Before Tambuwal defected I had already told this forum the Sultan was against Buhari and Tambuwal would defect. It was especially funny because one BMC got a job under Tambuwal administration and was chanting all his "sai baba" a praising APC. I warned him he didn't know his bosses wanted nothing to do with APC. He argued what did I know?

He hasn't returned, but know he knows that I know.
Your explanation makes sense.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by BruncleZuma: 11:45am On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 11:46am On Sep 03, 2018
i Don't have Time For all these stories...... Jux Gv me 500 Naira and i will Vote for APC

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by ORACLE1975(m): 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin kwankwaso my next president by God grace

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I remain loyal sai kwankwaso

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2018
grin

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Racoon(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2018
Plenty gladiators in one PDP fight.Let the game begin.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Modarun(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2018
They dnt have any chioce but to support anyone that won. Why? APC doesnt have honour, they dnt honour agreements, look at how they treated Tinubu after they won? They all know thw witch hunt that wil follow if they fail to remive the APC.
All PDP needs to do now is to give a level playing ground for all so that who ever wins will emerge as the collective candidate of all. Nigerians are waiting.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by maasoap(m): 11:55am On Sep 03, 2018
PDP's headache, not mine.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Hops55: 11:58am On Sep 03, 2018
HungerBAD:
Unsettles indeed.

N12 Million of Nigerians tax payers money,earlier stolen by these criminals just wasted on the PDP like that. The PDP is the gathering of people who lack common sense to tell themselves the truth.

And the biggest lie anybody can say, is to lie to themselves. Which Presidency?who is qualified in this gathering of looting vultures wannabe Presidential candidates, that is really qualified to lead Nigeria?

APC won as a result of the coalition of Nigerians that got tired of how PDP was looting Nigeria. That Coalition is still standing today NATIONALLY.

NIgeria has lost faith in PDP a long time ago,and will never bring them to the center anymore. Buhari is not perfect, but the shoe of a Buhari, is better than any human the PDP has to offer.

That Sultan should also remember how he got there,and should not forget how the other one was deposed and banished for not being loyal.
and who's going to pay for APC 55m form?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by narrowpathy(m): 11:59am On Sep 03, 2018
Truth be told Atiku is the man to beat. Call me a fan boy but He is completely sellable to North East, Middle Belt, and the whole south especially East and Niger Delta. He's only real problem is North West which is on lock down for Buhari and even at that he can get votes from that region with proper packaging.
That being said, the presidential candidates are safer if they rally strongly behind Atiku who happens to be the strongest candidate and ensures he wins hands down. They can hide behind the party umbrella and the fact they fully supported him.
In the event that peradventure he loses, they will still be protected by the strength of party opposition and appeal court cases will weaken the government in power

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
So Pdp is a true Christian party. They celebrate the prodigal porters and take the true loyalists for granted.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by daveblessed(m): 12:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
J2381:
A house divided among itself can not stand. That's a standard fact! A house full of thieves will surely find itself stealing from its members. Now this is the case of PDP!.
True talk...
I don't think they stand a chance...
I think Baba is still going to win, come 2019...

Meanwhile
Check my bio for how to get free data (All networks) with DENT

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by cydophobia(m): 12:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
Never again...........
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=HungerBAD post=70859954]Unsettles indeed.

NIgeria has lost faith in PDP a long time ago,and will never bring them to the center anymore. Buhari is not perfect, but the shoe of a Buhari, is better than any human the PDP has to office. u will loot more since ur pointing finger is inversely pointing at u.. if they invested and created jobs... me and u wil not b gossiping in nairaland by dis working of d day..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by fallout87: 12:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
oyb:
So Pdp is a true Christian party. They celebrate the prodigal porters and take the true loyalists for granted.

Now if someone says APC is a true Muslim party because the foundations are built on desire to spill blood while impoverishing the masses, then using their lack of education to subject and oppress them...... you will cry out loudest.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Babatey: 12:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
PDP is indeed in a critical state. But if I may help them choose, I think Saraki can handle Buhari
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Walehelt(m): 12:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
atiku or saraki is ok

1 Like

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 03, 2018
fallout87:

Now if someone says APC is a true Muslim party because the foundations are built on desire to spill blood while impoverishing the masses, then using their lack of education to subject and oppress them...... you will cry out loudest.

that sounds like pdp na. a party that ate money meant to protect the masses, not so? tongue

a party that fosters division right left and center
you call apc muslim party in the south
and you call it christian party in the north

why don't you stop deflecting and ask yourself why you are welcoming, rewarding and celebrating traitors to your party. and not to background positions, but to the area reserved for front runners. na so you dey do ya bizness?

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by fallout87: 12:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
oyb:

that sounds like pdp na. a party that ate money meant to protect the masses, not so? tongue

a party that fosters division right left and center
you call apc muslim party in the south
and you call it christian party in the north

why don't you stop deflecting and ask yourself why you are welcoming, rewarding and celebrating traitors to your party. and not to background positions, but to the area reserved for front runners. na so you dey do ya bizness?

Why don't you stop yourself and ask if you are fighting corruption why is Maina running for Governor of Borno under APC?

Stop fooling yourself.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Nobody: 12:25pm On Sep 03, 2018
fallout87:

Why don't you stop yourself and ask if you are fighting corruption why is Maina running for Governor of Borno under APC?

verifiable link pls? not some mushroom blog. thanks.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by Hidohwuh: 12:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
Kwankwaso can divide buhari's votes in North west but not in south west, Atiku is not sellable in south west and can't defeat Buhari in North West. Saraki, cant defeat Burahi in both North and South west. With the defections in Akwa Ibom and Delta plus Apga in Anambra, I think Buhari will return to Aso rock in 2019.

Even if they sign undertaking, people like Atiku will still defect. Quote me anywhere.

The odds are against all PDP candidates

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by greencard: 12:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
if Nigerians can unite for the 2nd time , lets vote a fresh candidate without god fatherism or tribal and religious sentiments so we can hold him responsible

voting atiku or saraki won't change anything,

we need fresh ideas and people that would listen , (osinbajo is a good example among the APC lots) , buhuari is not any better.

if we vote these old men to power they will only increase their traveling, wardrobes and security allowances to help themselves alone while we remain poor and sorry.

they will only become more wealthy and powerful, they would have made enemies and would spend almost half of their term in court or witch hunting oppositions or expanding their empires with their power and influence while their kids become spoilt and lavish money on extravagant lifestyles and power bikes

naija stay woke

a Word they say is enough for the wise.
Re: 2019: Saraki, Kwankwaso’s Ambitions Unsettle PDP - NewTelegraphOnline by slivertongue: 1:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
All these weak narratives about candidates and geopolitical zones aint addin up.
2019 will cure all speculatns&ambitions

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures From 2013 Lagos Carnival / Agbakoba, Quakers Differ On China Loan ‘Sovereignty Clause’ / The Northern Elders Forum Warns Against The Demonization Of Law-Abiding Fulani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.