Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,877 members, 7,802,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times (10334 Views)

APC Governors Consensus Meeting Fails, Postponed To Later this Week / 2019: APC Will Takeover Akwa Ibom Like When Hitler Invaded Poland – Akpabio / 2019: APC Endorses Mannaseh, Passes No Confidence Vote On Dogara (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Islie: 10:57am On Sep 03, 2018
By Nasir Ayitogo

An alleged meeting of some ‘aggrieved’ members of Nigeria’s ruling party, All Progressives Congress (APC) did not hold as contained in a statement by the party.

The party had on Sunday said it was aware of plans by some of its officials to hold an “illegal meeting” on Sunday.

The party said the illegal meeting is “with a view to fault the decisions made by the NWC followed by the National Executive Committee (NEC) as regards the mode of the Party’s primary elections.”

The party through its spokesperson, Yekini Nabena, said identities of those plotting such meetings have been identified and “unless they desist from such they will be dealt with in line with the party’s constitution at the appropriate time”.

Mr Nabena alleged that the meeting was scheduled to hold by 2 p.m. at the Transcorp Hilton Hotel.

But a visit by PREMIUM TIMES to the venue at exactly 1:58pm indicated that there was no sign that such a meeting was holding or scheduled to hold at the venue.

Over 30 minutes later, people in the hotel vicinity were still going about their normal businesses with most of the hotel attendants in the vicinity not aware of such meeting. The reporter had no option but to ‘loiter’ around a bit.

“No meeting was scheduled to take place here,” a staffer of the hotel told our reporter.
When contacted to speak on the development, Mr. Nabena, who earlier raised the alarm hinted that the organisers “probably have decided to shift or call off the meeting”.

“I think they must have shifted the meeting to another venue or probably called it off because of the (media) publications,” he said.

The APC last week held its NEC meeting which was attended by President Muhammadu Buhari and Vice President Yemi Osinbajo.

One of the major resolutions of the NEC meeting was that the party would adopt direct primaries for its presidential ticket while state chapters would decide whether or not to utilise direct or indirect primaries for other tickets.

Direct primaries involves all members of the party voting to elect candidates while indirect primaries involves delegates doing the election.

The indirect primaries had been largely criticised by many due to the overbearing influence state governors have on delegates and outcomes of such primaries.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/282322-2019-apc-illegal-meeting-fails-to-hold.html

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by AngryNaijaMan: 11:00am On Sep 03, 2018
Maybe they changed the venue.

8 Likes

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by StillX10(m): 11:36am On Sep 03, 2018
APC is at verge of collapse. A party that plots evil against its own members what will it do for Nigeria

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by BruncleZuma: 11:47am On Sep 03, 2018
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by oshe11: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2018
If I say Buhari is a LIFELESS President, Zombies will say I'm an IPOB member

Well If IPOB means INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OPPOSING BUHARI, then I'm a member

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 03, 2018
Mtcheww
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 11:49am On Sep 03, 2018
Even Has d Meetinq didn't HOLd, each of 'Em will still have 1 MillioN Naira Each... Iffu kw yhu kw
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by BAILMONEY: 11:49am On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Nbote(m): 11:52am On Sep 03, 2018
Dis ppl like illegality too much
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Linzo(m): 11:54am On Sep 03, 2018
oshe11:

Guy you too much joor maybe I will become IPOB too if that is what it means

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by stefanweeks: 11:55am On Sep 03, 2018
a house divided
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by imran147(m): 11:56am On Sep 03, 2018
Only the intruder will be planning to hold a side meeting after NEC

Let the direct primary commence with that it’s transparency unlike PDP dictatorship party

3 Likes

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Nobody: 11:57am On Sep 03, 2018
oshe11:

grin grin I am a certified IPOB member

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Racoon(m): 11:57am On Sep 03, 2018
Meanwhile the meeting may have held in an obscured environment nevertheless.
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Racoon(m): 11:58am On Sep 03, 2018
RealLordZeus:
But why are they afraid of direct primaries if they truly want to serve public interest? All we are after is the decision of the electorate not of few money bought delegates..
If APC can successfully pull this through. It will be commendable
I agree too.

1 Like

Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by daveblessed(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Political bruohaha everywhere....
Just watching in 3D...

Meanwhile
Check my bio for how to get free data (All networks) with DENT
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by honestivo(m): 12:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Fear of Osho
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Sharpshooota: 12:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
Is there anything legal about the terrorist party

APC is a party of vultures
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by deafeyez: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
Change of formation from 433 to 442c lol.
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by oshe11: 12:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
grin grin I am a certified IPOB member
Abi oooocheesy
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by oshe11: 12:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Linzo:

Guy you too much joor maybe I will become IPOB too if that is what it means
No be small thing......
cheesy
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Stevengold(m): 12:22pm On Sep 03, 2018
How do they know the meeting is illegal?
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by GSA01: 12:37pm On Sep 03, 2018
The headline is suppose to be, some aggrieved members of the APC Fails to hold Meeting. Not coining headlines to mislead people..
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by Kingjames(m): 12:39pm On Sep 03, 2018
“unless they desist from such they will be dealt with in line with the party’s constitution at the appropriate time”.

ok
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by TrueLEADER: 12:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
I foresee serious internal wahala on APC path.........

Some Juicy defection Loading soon.

PDP should just get it right, enough Political "Marketers" are on their way from the Dirty broom waving party............
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by BafanaBafana: 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
That is the way of progressives. Things must be done in the right way.
If anyone is not ok with direct primaries, he is free to join pdp where irregularities is their watch ward.
God bless Oshiomole
God bless PMB.
Re: 2019: APC ‘Illegal Meeting’ Fails To Hold - Premium Times by IbrahimDamola: 3:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
oshe11:

I love IPOB, I love INTELLIGENT PEOPLE OPPOSING BUHARI (IPOB).

I wish we yoruba muslims can grow a brain and stop being illiterate zombies, even almajiris are becoming better educated than we yoruba muslims.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stronger Naira Possible By Q1 2025 – Ajuri Ngelale / Ken Nnamani Celebrates 67th Birthday Today! / Bayelsa: Furoebi Akene Named In ₦2 Billion Contract Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.