Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,999 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:01 AM

Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce (2881 Views)

10 Years In Marriage He Is Yet To Raise A Voice Or Cheat On His Wife(photo) / Incredible! 25 Years In Marriage He Never Raise A Voice At His Wife(photo) / Before Marriage He Told Me He Was A Car Dealer Nigerian Lady Crys Out(video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by codekanle(m): 11:16am On Sep 03, 2018
Good morning
Please your humble opinions are needed here.

A guy who just got married two weeks ago is seeking for a divorce as a result of the wife's rude behaviour to his mother at the reception hall.
What transpired was that on the wedding day, when the wedding was almost ending, a couple from the mother in-laws' side came from a far distance to grace the occasion. They came in when everything tangible to offer them has finished. A portion of food the bride left for her parents was the only good delicacy left. The mother in-law went to the daughter in-law and whispered to her to allow her collect small portion to serve those couple owing to the fact they came from a far distance to attend the wedding and it will be quiet unfair to let them go without offering food, but the lady refused bluntly that the food is for her parents. After series of pleading from the mother in-law with no positive response, the mother in-law took a plate collected food from there to serve the guest. The daughter in-law took the food from her and poured it back to the cooler. Out of annoyance, the mother in-law slapped her and she slapped her back without hesitation.

The people around the scene told the husband immediately what happened. The man decided not to create a scene at the reception hall. Two days after he applied for a divorce. The case is on-going now. Despite the plea from his mother to forget and forgive the wife after all it was her the lady offended yet he refused.

Did the man act right?
If you are the man, what will be your action?
If you're the lady, was your action towards the mother in-law justified?

So, ladies and gentlemen what is your take on this?

NB: True life story, no fiction.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by OneStep3: 11:17am On Sep 03, 2018
shocked
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Folabimi(m): 11:20am On Sep 03, 2018
shocked the wife no try at all

2 Likes

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Nobody: 11:22am On Sep 03, 2018
Well if that's the case. then why did it take him that long, to file for divorce? but if that not the case then. .....it's is lost undecided

2 Likes

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by JudasNaCarrot: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2018
Hmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by eunisam: 11:23am On Sep 03, 2018
lifeless marriage
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Olalan(m): 11:24am On Sep 03, 2018
If this is true the man should let go of the wife cause such person's who can't control their anger are capable of murder

3 Likes

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by nwaanambra1(m): 11:25am On Sep 03, 2018
ehya! 2 days fa!

the man is really a very patient man!

if am in his shoes sha heaven knows i wil tear her wedding gown, tear my suit, tear the useless marriage certificate and end the marriage there and then!

we can go court later in the evening to sign out the wedding!

you cant take a slap from my mother - me that i hav been taking it from teenage to adult hood did i die??

very stupid girl! you have the effrontery to slap my mother! my mother fa angry angry angry

7 Likes

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by LuciferKristi: 11:26am On Sep 03, 2018
codekanle:
Good morning

A guy who just got married two weeks ago is seeking for a divorce as a result of the wife's rude behaviour to his mother at the reception hall.
What transpired was that on the wedding day, when the wedding was almost ending, a couple from the mother in-laws' side came from a far distance to grace the occasion. They came in when everything tangible to offer them has finished. A portion of food the bride left for her parents was the only good delicacy left. The mother in-law went to the daughter in-law and whispered to her to allow her collect small portion to serve those couple owing to the fact they came from a far distance to attend the wedding and it will be quiet unfair to let them go without offering food, but the lady refused bluntly that the food is for her parents. After series of pleading from the mother in-law with no positive response, the mother in-law took a plate collected food from there to serve the guest. The daughter in-law took the food from her and poured it back to the cooler. Out of annoyance, the mother in-law slapped her and she slapped her back without hesitation.

The people around the scene told the husband immediately what happened. The man decided not to create a scene at the reception hall. Two days after he applied for a divorce. The case is on-going now. Despite the plea from his mother to forget and forgive the wife after all it was her the lady offended yet he refused.

Did the man act right?

Seun, Seun

Seun...

How many times have I called you?

1 Like

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by uniqUN(m): 11:27am On Sep 03, 2018
I have a feeling this is fictional. But worse things are even happening is our society now so i'll just assume this is virtual reality. There's no brandishing of words here. He did the right thing. My ppl say if a child has beaten his father with a stick, flogging anybody else will mean nothing to him. Even white ppl craze never reach where girlfriend go slap her boyfriend mother.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:31am On Sep 03, 2018
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by JONNYSPUTE(m): 11:35am On Sep 03, 2018
We should learn to control our Temper's.Always have a deep thought before taking any actions. Weigh the prons and cons of our actions
A liitle moment of madness could cause one a life time sorrow.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by chiommy123(f): 11:39am On Sep 03, 2018
Non issue made to become issue. The mother in law will not take the whole food na so why refuse to share. And its not as if she did not tell her. Some women sef get problem

1 Like

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by AmazingELixir: 11:56am On Sep 03, 2018
Couples are faced with intense stresses before and during wedding and marriage ceremonies, this however doesn't justify the daughter in-law's action, but knowing how certain mother in-laws could be, wouldn't be surprised the mother in-law's appeal wasn't subtle at all.
Besides it's belittling to ask for a share of the daughter in-law's parent's ration, it's a show of disrespect.
For the man it would be foolhardy to be contemplating divorce after spending all those time and money putting together the wedding engagement.He should rather insist the wife go to the mother on bended knee.
To err is human...........!.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
Op welldone! Title says two days,body of the message says two weeks. Does it makes it clearer...... Chai.....
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by codekanle(m): 12:31pm On Sep 03, 2018
Vizzy4u:
Op welldone! Title says two days,body of the message says two weeks. Does it makes it clearer...... Chai.....
Read it very well, the man apply for divorce two days after marriage but is now two weeks
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by Newboss(m): 12:52pm On Sep 03, 2018
Very good. angry

Hope he has fūcked his money's worth of the pussy? angry

Very good. angry

2 Likes

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by CMaritalAffairs: 1:26pm On Sep 03, 2018
I want to believe that before the wedding, the groom knew the kind of woman he was involved with. The bride slapping his mother must have been the last straw that broke the camel's back, hence the hasty decision.

Centre for Marital Affairs (CMA) is a non-governmental, non-profit organisation that seeks the best interest of marriage. We are out to be an impartial humanitarian umpire on every aspect for marital peace, unity and blissfulness. Regardless of how long you may have been married, now you have a capable place you can consult, share with or relate to in strict confidence.

The singles are not left behind. We are committed to preparing and guiding them through the choice that they have to make as to who they want to marry.

If you're a single and ready to marry, but lack the financial ability, We're here to assist. Check my signature for contact.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by DABREEZYTOS(f): 1:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
The guy should never accept any plea/apology..never
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by tayo4ng(m): 1:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
Left for me i ll not be the one that ll filled for divorce she ll be the one because right from that day no sex, no money from me to her, i ll wast little of her time before let her go.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by MeeLan: 1:55pm On Sep 03, 2018
the problem with most girls/wives nowadays is that, most of them had mothers who gavevbirth at a very young age due to "carry belle things" . these girls are brought up halfharzard without much of straitening dad input, the girls grow up without character and very difficult to behave themselves when they become wives.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by victorian(f): 2:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
All because of food! shocked

Food! Food! shocked

Jeez! That's why she slapped her mother in-law back!

Sighs

Na WA o..

Didn't the groom know the kind of woman he was dating before marriage?

O ga o
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by 1stNumeroUno: 3:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
Ayam coming...
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by 1stNumeroUno: 4:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Yoruba adage says - eni to na iya Iyawo/iyaoko see die nile ana (The person that beat his/her mother-in-law has done so much in the spouse family).

The lady's action is condemnable and sincerely irredeemable. Because if she continues in that marriage she go still see 'pepper'.
My thought - Immediately she refused, the said mother-in-law should have gone to meet the bride's mother and begged for the food. It won't have gotten to this.

That said, shey dem still get something for the cooler...I mean something light, am not really hungry. Just something light... cheesy
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by ednut1(m): 4:08pm On Sep 03, 2018
Because of food. This life
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by jidxin(m): 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
codekanle:
Good morning

Did the man act right?

story story......lies lies I cannot file divorce for a marriage not up to 2yrs
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by jeff1607(m): 6:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
I always have back up plan for events like this especially concerning food. extra food is always kept for situations like this and drinks too. just give someone who no send the key to where extra stuff is kept and relax

1 Like

Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by thedondada(m): 6:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
What concerns bride with food matter. The fact she was huzzling food on her wedding day tells alot.

Only the cake suppose concern am every other thing you bought be ready to finish.

If she didn't marry that day won't her parents eat?

Meanwhile the MIL should have slapped her and she is If wrong retaliating.
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by general111(m): 7:33pm On Sep 03, 2018
her mother inlaw did not slap her well..my mother would have slapped her two eyes off oh...
I have never returned my mothers slap,talk more of my wife returning her slap in public...
Re: Two Days After Marriage He Applied For A Divorce by codekanle(m): 8:18pm On Sep 03, 2018
general111:
her mother inlaw did not slap her well..my mother would have slapped her two eyes off oh...
I have never returned my mothers slap,talk more of my wife returning her slap in public...
wink

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pretty Lady Cries Out For Urgent Solution To Her Problems In Life(Pics) / What Your Definition Of A Big Boy/girl / What Are The Major Turn Offs And/or Turn Ons You Have For The Opposite Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.