Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:18 AM

FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded (56476 Views)

#TheBest FIFA Men's Player of the year: Salah makes three-man shortlist / Emery Reading News Of Arsenal 0 Vs 3 Man City / Lionel Messi, Ibrahimovic In FIFA 10-man Shortlist For 2019 Puskas Award(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by gmercy713: 2:41pm On Sep 03, 2018
nelsonebby:

Best player in Europe most goals and assist.
Won league and copa del Rey.
Salah won nothing

OK.

He lost this due to his poor international appearance.

Let him improve on the toward the coming ceremony.

As far as I'm concerned, Ronaldo or Modric will be winning the award.

Ronaldo spot is just unshakable smiley
Salah replaced Neymar in his usual 3rd position and Messi replaced by Modric in the 'usual' 2nd position.

sense will not kill me grin grin

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by capitalzero: 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
purplekayc:
modric has already won it
yes oh
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by ClintonNzedimma(m): 2:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
all I see is hatred by anti Messi fans that is making them not to reason objectively....Messi should be number 3 at least, Salah has no place there at all
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 2:45pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

Yea sure... No doubt.
I am straight, I can't kiss the truth.
Lol... The Truth has no gender, Mr. Bush, Will you now....
kiss the truth!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Holymann(m): 2:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
saintjimos:
THIS IS REAL
HE DOESN'T DESERVE IT
Neither does Sallah. Griezzman won the world cup and europa league.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by BiafranBushBoy: 2:48pm On Sep 03, 2018
TimeManager:

Lol... The Truth has no gender, Mr. Bush,
Will you now....

kiss the truth!

"The Truth" is a guy...

But I am straight. smiley
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by lovemaths(f): 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
But what kind of goat is Messi?
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Feelingfree: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
FortifiedCity:
grin grin grin grin

Worshipppers of messi right now

Ok
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by imam07: 2:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
It is now very funny that messi fans are now supporting Modric like the way they were supporting Juventus against R.madrid last champion league season.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

OK.

Salah replaced Neymar in his usual 3rd position and Messi replaced by Modric in the 'usual' 2nd position.

You didn't even come close to sense.. How will a Ronaldo who couldn't win Europe best, scoop home the World's best.. The voters don't think like Ronaldo fans, you know.

kiss the truth!

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by nelsonebby(m): 2:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

OK.

nah. Egypt lost all 3 matches.

Argentina still made it to round of 16 with Messi goal.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Spencer50(m): 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
No worry MESSI, your rival CR7 who not win the award, your fans are going to vote 4 modric na, trust ur fans.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by imam07: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
Chinny024:
My vote goes to MODRIC...
He deserves it this time...
messi fan detected.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Tolpre: 2:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
Christaino is a goal, messi is a sorry. D guy can actually realize is old age.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Jokerman(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
TimeManager:

You didn't even come close to sense.. How will a Ronaldo who couldn't win Europe best, scoop home the World's best.. The voters don't think like Ronaldo fans, you know.

kiss the truth!

Lol.. see you.. in 2008.. Delima lost the world cup and won UEFA best same as Modric and Iniesta, buh who won the best player award in the world those years... Zidane, Messi and now it's Ronaldo again..

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Josskute(m): 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
Messi should have replaced salah. He was europe's highest goal scorer in all competitions for God's Sake. Well, Ronaldo didn't make top 3 in 2010, so no biggie
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by gmercy713: 2:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
TimeManager:

kiss the truth!

Just the way the voters loved Messi and voted for him to be part of the top three.

You can wait till 24th before you conclude.

Anybody that wins it apart from Salah deserves it.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Butoneday2(m): 2:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
pacoson:
Messi Is From Afonja grin
Ur right bro, grin
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Butoneday2(m): 2:56pm On Sep 03, 2018
EVILFOREST:
This is simply WICKEDNESS.
In the year 2014, ARGENTINA came second, CR7 who was eliminated in the group stage, why messi.
Now both of them left same time...and Messi has been left out
Pls don't kill ya sef ooo, easy ok.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by gmercy713: 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
nelsonebby:
nah. Egypt lost all 3 matches.

Argentina still made it to round of 16 with Messi goal.

You guys will come back and tell us that football isn't about goal and often it is the team work not an individual.

He was sent parking by the Golden boy "Mbappe".

I would love to see Mbappe on the list rather than him. He played well in the world cup perhaps he won it too.
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 2:57pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

"The Truth" is a guy...

But I am straight. smiley
Hmmm!!.. "The Truth" has no description other than being a quality or state of being true. It is neither straight nor gay, Mr. Bush

kiss the truth!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by nelsonebby(m): 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

You guys will come back and tell us that football isn't about goal and often it is the team work not an individual.

He was sent parking by the Golden boy "Mbappe".

I would love to see Mbappe on the list rather than him. He played well in the world cup perhaps he won it too.

Grow up.
Messi won the league by himself without Neymar.
Same league Ronaldo Real Madrid were far behind.

You know very well Messi should be there
But, you just don’t like him for no reason

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by begwong: 3:00pm On Sep 03, 2018
Until messy leaves Barca, he won't be important again. � ✈
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 3:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

Just the way the voters loved Messi and voted for him to be part of the top three.

Messi is not in the top 3... Remember what I told you about sense?

kiss the truth!
Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
BiafranBushBoy:

When did modric score any helpful goal?
It is not highest goal scorer award. It is not just about goal scoring. Since ronaldo left Madrid, madrid strikers has been firing on all cylinders. Modric got his team to WC final trashing Ronaldo Portugal enroute

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Tracypacy(f): 3:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
Salah - PL top scorer, no trophies.

Ronaldo - CL winner, CL top scorer.

Modric - CL winner, WC golden ball.

Lionel Messi - La Liga + Copa del Rey winner, (beating Ronaldo’s Madrid to both), Pichichi, European Golden Boot, Most assists in the league.

Conclusion: Disgrace
AmazonTopaz:
Modric would win it.Ronaldo fans would not like this I am sure Mendes would cry after the award has been given.
Messi should do better he still remains a GOAT that would continue to be compared with the greatest players who have graced the game of football.
Ronaldo is still a GOAT sha.

2 Likes

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by flington4550(m): 3:05pm On Sep 03, 2018
this is the award meant for modric not the uefa best ....very confusing

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by BiafranBushBoy: 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
transformed:
It is not highest goal scorer award. It is not just about goal scoring. Since ronaldo left Madrid, madrid strikers has been firing on all cylinders. Modric got his team to WC final trashing Ronaldo Portugal enroute

What about the player that won it then?

Griezman?

So why didn't Madrid players fire on all cylinders when they met ATLETICO Madrid?

Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by TimeManager(m): 3:06pm On Sep 03, 2018
gmercy713:

UEFA, FIFA's BEST and BALLOND'OR have had the same pattern in the last one year of seperation. The nominees are the same and the winner of Uefa most likely scoops the other two awards, in this case, Luka Modric as did Ronaldo the previous yr.

kiss the truth!

PS: I was supposed to quote Jokerman.

1 Like

Re: FIFA Releases 3-Man Shortlist For Best Player, Lionel Messi Excluded by Nobody: 3:09pm On Sep 03, 2018
ollah2:
Only Grizeman deserves the award but we know it's about popularity and he might not win it.

Dude won world cup defeating Luka Croatia
He won Europa league
He won UEFA super cup defeating Luka Madrid
His team was second in La Liga.

Let see If It goes anywhere else then we confirm the fraud FIFA world best player award is
It is partly an individual award, you dont just win because your team won the world cup, and you might not win it despite scoring the most goals and providing the highest number of assists.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Gonzalo Higuain Kicks Coach In Training (Photos) / Odell Beckham Jr Checks Out Cristiano Ronaldo's N972m Customized Bugatti Chiron / After Mourinho’s Sack, Mikel Obi, The 'Consistent' One #Mikel Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.