Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,788 members, 7,802,460 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:50 PM

Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee (14577 Views)

APC, FG Hounded Alamieyeseigha To Death - Fayose / Photos Of Diepreye Alamieyeseigha's Wife And Children / Update On Diepreye Alamieyeseigha’s Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by ladi02(m): 11:43pm On Jun 29, 2010
Saharareporters can reveal that President Goodluck Jonathan is in possession of details of an EFCC investigation that exposed how Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, his deputy, Usman Bayero Nafada and a few principal officers shared and pocketed N500 million in a corrupt car deal. Yesterday, the Presidency issued a misleading statement to the effect that it had not received a copy of the EFCC report. “It was a blatant lie,” said one of our sources who works within the Presidency, adding that Jonathan received a copy of the report while he was still "Acting President."

The source revealed that Mr. Jonathan strategically used the report as a tool to whip the House of Representatives into line during the protracted political crisis occasioned by Umaru Yar'adua's prolonged illness and absence from Abuja.

The source, who is privy to the facts of the case, told Saharareporters this morning that Mr. Jonathan had requested for the report and discussed it with the deputy speaker. “The deputy speaker was caught unawares and told the full story to Dr. Jonathan,” said the source.

According to this source, Nafada explained how he “discovered” that 500 million naira was deposited in his account by the company that supplied cars to the House of Representatives. Mr. Nafada then stated that he gave N185.6 million to Speaker Bankole whilst the rest of the cash was split between him and other principal officers of the House as well as committee chairmen involved in the car supplies.

The encounter between Mr. Jonathan and Mr. Nafada secured a closer relationship between the two politicians, according to our source. The closeness ultimately led the leadership of the House of Representatives to retreat from their original opposition to the idea of Jonathan’s succession to the presidency. Once the truce was achieved, Jonathan was eventually made the "Acting President" by a unanimous vote of the two legislative chambers under a process defined as "doctrine of necessity".

Another source at the EFCC also confirmed that the agency had indeed forwarded its report to Mr. Jonathan, adding that yesterday’s press release denying that fact was mere hot air by Jonathan's spokesperson.

"It is a tradition that whenever the presidency or any agency of government requests an investigation of any type, the EFCC is obliged to share its report with the president before taking further action," said one of our sources.

A political source in Abuja who worked closely with the late Umaru Yar'adua revealed that it was Mr. Yar'adua who ordered the initial investigations, but sat on the report because Speaker Bankole was his right hand man.

On the other hand, Mr. Nafada is a well-known ally of Mr. Jonathan’s. Our investigations revealed that Nafada’s nominee from Gombe was the person Jonathan accepted when he was appointing new ministers. "President Jonathan is protecting the deputy speaker the same way Yar'adua protected Bankole before his death," said our source.

A source in Abuja who is a former diplomat told Saharareporters that Jonathan was exposing a reputation for embracing corrupt people. The source pointed out that Jonathan’s appointment of former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, a convicted money launderer, to a Federal Government committee, was “a slap in the face of those who are working hard to clean up Nigeria’s image.” The source added that Mr. Jonathan’s failure to take action on the Halliburton and Siemens scandals, in which top Nigerian government officials received massive bribes in exchange for funneling juicy contracts, “is making a mockery of Nigeria’s avowed crusade against corruption.”

Two civic and democratic activists told Saharareporters that Jonathan seemed to have decided to court some of the most corrupt Nigerians to support his bid to run for the presidency in next year’s election.

In one of the surest signs of Jonathan’s coziness with corrupt characters, his administration worked out a deal that enabled the ultra corrupt Vaswani brothers to return to Nigeria last week. Several sources have told Saharareporters that billions of naira changed hands in the Vaswani deal that was packaged by Attorney General Bello Adoke.

Read More: http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6384-jonathan-has-efcc-report-implicating-speaker-bankole-in-corruption.html

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Jun 30, 2010
What the frell is the ministry of communication doing in that country? Gob!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by sjeezy8: 12:42am On Jun 30, 2010
HMMMMM - LOL thats silly

Even if Alams is my brother I wouldnt appoint him to any government position- because he abused the position of Gov he had before.

smh lol- This Jonathan guy is annoying . . . . now
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by udezue(m): 12:44am On Jun 30, 2010
smh
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 12:44am On Jun 30, 2010
If this is true, then Jonathan has to be killed!!!

Violently!

If it is true though!!!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mamagee3(f): 12:45am On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

If this is true, then Jonathan has to be killed!!!

Violently!

If it is true though!!!
Tell me you intended to crack a joke.

Now, let's move on. grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by sjeezy8: 12:46am On Jun 30, 2010
lol- naija peeps funny
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 12:52am On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

Tell me you intended to crack a joke.

Now, let's move on. grin grin

I am not cracking a joke.

If it is REALLY true that he appointed and rewarded such a disgrace to the Nation, then he needs and deserves to be killed. It should be a slow and very violent death.

I am dead serious!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by 0hsisi: 12:55am On Jun 30, 2010
wonders shall never end
If this is true then he doesn't deserve that office.
If it's true may he not last long there
May he be disgraced out of office in no time if that is true
Iseeeeeeeee
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Kobojunkie: 12:56am On Jun 30, 2010
I doubt the man is this stupid . . . problem is how do we know what is true or not in this case again?
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by sjeezy8: 12:59am On Jun 30, 2010
he was readmitted back in to PDP - so who knows . . .
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Acidosis(m): 1:12am On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

If it is REALLY true that he appointed and rewarded such a disgrace to the Nation, then he needs and deserves to [s]be killed. It should be a slow and very violent death.[/s]
Impeached!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Acidosis(m): 1:14am On Jun 30, 2010
That is a silly decision from Mr President.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mamagee3(f): 1:18am On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

If it is REALLY true that he appointed and rewarded such a disgrace to the Nation, then he needs and deserves to be killed. It should be a slow and very violent death.

I am dead serious!
What more can I say?

Jonathan sucks from every point of view grin grin
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 1:24am On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

What more can I say?

Jonathan sucks from every point of view grin grin

We should not jump the gun, it might not be true.

It might be another case of "useless naija journalists".
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mamagee3(f): 1:26am On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

*Death*

You have this funny personality that is hard to understand sometimes grin grin

You got me rolling on the floor.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by shep601(m): 1:28am On Jun 30, 2010
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mamagee3(f): 1:32am On Jun 30, 2010
^^ lipsrsealed
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by OAM4J: 1:51am On Jun 30, 2010
Sagamite:

I want to assume the bold is the case and Jonathan is not that foolish.

It will not be the 1st time Saharareporters will publish a false story and they also failed to mention the name of the Federal government committee.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mbulela: 7:11am On Jun 30, 2010
Kobojunkie:

I doubt the man is this silly . . . problem is how do we know what is true or not in this case again?

the reason why Sahara remains popular (and even waxing stronger in the public domain) is that the Nigerian government has decided to deploy lies, deceit,secrecy and rumours as policy tools of governance.
This was where the likes of Olusegun Adeniyi excelled.
They rule in the dark and assume the public are a magic circus audience.
The government does not communicate with the public, when they do they tell lies.
when they are not telling lies, they are double-speaking or they spreading consiracy theories.
One day and very soon, the hunter will be hunted.
they will finally decide to tell us truth but we will no longer be interested in hearing.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 7:39am On Jun 30, 2010
oya lets start another day of flaming cheesy cheesy

beaf come and see your messiah leadng naija to that promised land grin grin grin

viva uncle johnny

unless of course you want t start discounting sahara reporters articles that you have quoted so many times in the past

10 billion anniversay
"governors forum" in uk
reintroduction of alams to pdp

in the end johnny is just another politician,

for me, he is the end obj was looking for - yardua did not toe objs line, probably becuase of his strong headed wife - Johnathan is the true proxy, which means johnny 2011 - the billboards are already in abj
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Myself2(m): 8:53am On Jun 30, 2010
So what
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by jamace(m): 10:16am On Jun 30, 2010
Oh my God! Jonathan is re-aligning with enemies of the nation. Where are the prophets? sad
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by BigB11(m): 10:53am On Jun 30, 2010
Just few weeks ago (less than 2 months as our president), Goodluck also attended Alao Akala's birthday in Ibadan hand in hand with OBJ. Infact, he (Goodluck) was the one that assisted Akala to cut the birthday cake.

Another reason for Nigerians to understand that there isn't a perfect politician, they are all the same bulls hit.
At this point the only hope for Nigeria is IBB, a man that has too much to lose if things are not done correctly, a man that knows Nigeria more than anyone else, a man that has enormous experience, a man that can not be pushed around by anyone, a man that thinks broadly, a man that has the tool to connect and promote unity among Nigerian citizens, a man that listens attentively and utilizes all great ideas effectively, a man that is willing to pay Nigeria for every single month that he spends in Aso rock as our president, a man that wants to correct things more than anything else, a man that will not take any rubbish from any governor, a man that is ready to tackle all our (invisible and visible) problems head on.

Do not be a fool, there isn't anyone else that has all these capabilities and can exercise them effectively in this country called Nigeria. They can promise you everything and anything, but business as usual and other unique obstacles will never allow any of these local champions to move this country forward the way IBB will do.
IBB will make magic happen in Nigeria in less than 6 months.

Goodluck is a good man, but doesn't have the balls and the tool to bring this country back to the top; and this is why he isn't contesting. He knows better, he will not allow OBJ and co to push him into the fire the same way Yaradua was pushed.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by hubreality(m): 11:15am On Jun 30, 2010
ladi02:

Saharareporters can reveal that President Goodluck Jonathan is in possession of details of an EFCC investigation that exposed how Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, his deputy, Usman Bayero Nafada and a few principal officers shared and pocketed N500 million in a corrupt car deal. Yesterday, the Presidency issued a misleading statement to the effect that it had not received a copy of the EFCC report. “It was a blatant lie,” said one of our sources who works within the Presidency, adding that Jonathan received a copy of the report while he was still "Acting President."

The source revealed that Mr. Jonathan strategically used the report as a tool to whip the House of Representatives into line during the protracted political crisis occasioned by Umaru Yar'adua's prolonged illness and absence from Abuja.

The source, who is privy to the facts of the case, told Saharareporters this morning that Mr. Jonathan had requested for the report and discussed it with the deputy speaker. “The deputy speaker was caught unawares and told the full story to Dr. Jonathan,” said the source.

According to this source, Nafada explained how he “discovered” that 500 million naira was deposited in his account by the company that supplied cars to the House of Representatives. Mr. Nafada then stated that he gave N185.6 million to Speaker Bankole whilst the rest of the cash was split between him and other principal officers of the House as well as committee chairmen involved in the car supplies.

The encounter between Mr. Jonathan and Mr. Nafada secured a closer relationship between the two politicians, according to our source. The closeness ultimately led the leadership of the House of Representatives to retreat from their original opposition to the idea of Jonathan’s succession to the presidency. Once the truce was achieved, Jonathan was eventually made the "Acting President" by a unanimous vote of the two legislative chambers under a process defined as "doctrine of necessity".

Another source at the EFCC also confirmed that the agency had indeed forwarded its report to Mr. Jonathan, adding that yesterday’s press release denying that fact was mere hot air by Jonathan's spokesperson.

"It is a tradition that whenever the presidency or any agency of government requests an investigation of any type, the EFCC is obliged to share its report with the president before taking further action," said one of our sources.

A political source in Abuja who worked closely with the late Umaru Yar'adua revealed that it was Mr. Yar'adua who ordered the initial investigations, but sat on the report because Speaker Bankole was his right hand man.

On the other hand, Mr. Nafada is a well-known ally of Mr. Jonathan’s. Our investigations revealed that Nafada’s nominee from Gombe was the person Jonathan accepted when he was appointing new ministers. "President Jonathan is protecting the deputy speaker the same way Yar'adua protected Bankole before his death," said our source.

A source in Abuja who is a former diplomat told Saharareporters that Jonathan was exposing a reputation for embracing corrupt people. The source pointed out that Jonathan’s appointment of former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha, a convicted money launderer, to a Federal Government committee, was “a slap in the face of those who are working hard to clean up Nigeria’s image.” The source added that Mr. Jonathan’s failure to take action on the Halliburton and Siemens scandals, in which top Nigerian government officials received massive bribes in exchange for funneling juicy contracts, “is making a mockery of Nigeria’s avowed crusade against corruption.”

Two civic and democratic activists told Saharareporters that Jonathan seemed to have decided to court some of the most corrupt Nigerians to support his bid to run for the presidency in next year’s election.

In one of the surest signs of Jonathan’s coziness with corrupt characters, his administration worked out a deal that enabled the ultra corrupt Vaswani brothers to return to Nigeria last week. Several sources have told Saharareporters that billions of naira changed hands in the Vaswani deal that was packaged by Attorney General Bello Adoke.

Read More: http://saharareporters.com/real-news/sr-headlines/6384-jonathan-has-efcc-report-implicating-speaker-bankole-in-corruption.html

How credible? I don't buy this kind of report. That source is not the State House. NO SENTIMENTS!  grin  smiley
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by oisehumen(m): 11:19am On Jun 30, 2010
Did i hear someone mention IBB here?
Am speechless angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
I thought they have put him somewhere in Ibadan Zoo. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

But this Jonathan; na wa ooo. Anyway he is a true Naija politician and a true son of his father (OBJ) cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 30, 2010
the appointment will be REVERSED!

i have classified info to that effect
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by oisehumen(m): 11:24am On Jun 30, 2010
MrPrsdent:

the appointment will be REVERSED!

i have classified info to that effect

Then disclose it sir.
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 11:27am On Jun 30, 2010
mama-gee:

*Death*

You have this funny personality that is hard to understand sometimes grin grin

You got me rolling on the floor.

That is how I normally start off o.

Before you know it, I have already joined you in rolling on the floor and start rocking your world as we rock & roll with a lot of noise making.  grin cool
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by Sagamite(m): 11:28am On Jun 30, 2010
Big B1:

Just few weeks ago (less than 2 months as our president), Goodluck also attended Alao Akala's birthday in Ibadan hand in hand with OBJ. Infact, he (Goodluck) was the one that assisted Akala to cut the birthday cake.

Another reason for Nigerians to understand that there isn't a perfect politician, they are all the same bulls hit.
At this point the only hope for Nigeria is IBB, a man that has too much to lose if things are not done correctly, a man that knows Nigeria more than anyone else, a man that has enormous experience, a man that can not be pushed around by anyone, a man that thinks broadly, a man that has the tool to connect and promote unity among Nigerian citizens, a man that listens attentively and utilizes all great ideas effectively, a man that is willing to pay Nigeria for every single month that he spends in Aso rock as our president, a man that wants to correct things more than anything else, a man that will not take any rubbish from any governor, a man that is ready to tackle all our (invisible and visible) problems head on.

Do not be a fool, there isn't anyone else that has all these capabilities and can exercise them effectively in this country called Nigeria. They can promise you everything and anything, but business as usual and other unique obstacles will never allow any of these local champions to move this country forward the way IBB will do.
IBB will make magic happen in Nigeria in less than 6 months.

Goodluck is a good man, but doesn't have the balls and the tool to bring this country back to the top; and this is why he isn't contesting. He knows better, he will not allow OBJ and co to push him into the fire the same way Yaradua was pushed.

You are retarded and need to be sectioned!
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by oisehumen(m): 11:36am On Jun 30, 2010
Imagine someone here drumming support for IBB angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Insults on Nigerians
Re: Jonathan Appoints Former Governor Diepreye Alamieyeseigha To Fg Committee by mrkoma2012: 11:36am On Jun 30, 2010
If this is tru den GLJ has credibility issues

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

BREAKING: Lawan, Akume Form Alliance / Just In: AGF Files 4 Processes In Industrial Court / NAF Commences The Airlift Of Humanitarian Relief Items Approved By FG For IDPs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.