Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,174 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:04 AM

Top4 Strange Things About Germany - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Top4 Strange Things About Germany (34193 Views)

Germany Faces Genocide Case Over Israel Weapon Sales / Ten Of The Craziest Things About Life In North Korea / 10 Strange Things That Are Happening Around The World Right Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by alhassanyusuf29(m): 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
just imagine u tell them ur name is Ikechukwu,na deportation straight grin cheesy
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by CheapDataGuy: 4:35pm On Sep 03, 2018
grin
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by neonly: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
Dat 4 ehhh nawo it will have good on nigeria too ooo
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by kawaodne(m): 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
Okombo!!!!

Honourable bulala lala to lala land
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by modaink333: 4:36pm On Sep 03, 2018
German shepherd
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by heinrichy(m): 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
[quote author=yomibelle post=70869767]Second FTC in 10 minutes, I think that's a record!

And you still need buhari to tell you that you're Lazy and Jobless

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by DJInfluence: 4:44pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sergentinfluenc:

1. You Are Paid 0.25€ For Keeping The Street Clean

Imagine getting paid to recycle plastic bottles?. Strange right? , but in Germany that's a normal culture and practices by the government.

They pay citizens 0.25€ to keep the streets clean and neat 24hrs. The government even stepped further in providing automatic machines to collect the plastic bottles.

this is not entirely true. The 0.25€ you get for recycled bottles are what you initially paid for when you bought the drink. E.g if you bought a bottled water for 1€, the actual cost is 0.75€. but you paid 1€, you get back your 25 cents when you returned the plastic bottle.

please correct me if am wrong..

4 Likes

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Akpacha(m): 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
bivanJohnaliuz:
4 Stranqe thinqs About Nigeria
* MASTURBATION
* ACCIDENTS
* SUICIDE
* KILLINGS...

Fact
this are normal things bro.
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by otherway: 4:46pm On Sep 03, 2018
davibid:
Op No. 4

please tell me why then Edo girls prefer Italy

undecided

Cos it's difficult to get a German visa
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by yomibelle(f): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
@ heinrichy, That's better than being lifeless, Mr. Buharist
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by smoke9910(m): 4:47pm On Sep 03, 2018
the day naija government pays people to keep the streets clean. it will go bankrupt cos the streets no be here o.
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by tunary(m): 4:49pm On Sep 03, 2018
In Nigeria the govt only think of new strategies to siphon public funds
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by tunary(m): 4:50pm On Sep 03, 2018
smoke9910:
the day naija government pays people to keep the streets clean. it will go bankrupt cos the streets no be here o.
Ur wrong, Nigeria is a very rich country
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by seunny4lif(m): 4:51pm On Sep 03, 2018
DJInfluence:

this is not entirely true. The 0.25€ you get for recycled bottles are what you initially paid for when you bought the drink. E.g if you bought a bottled water for 1€, the actual cost is 0.75€. but you paid 1€, you get back your 25 cents when you returned the plastic bottle.

please correct me if am wrong..
I was about to mention that.
I don't know that selling of cans and bottle is keeping street clean
Bottle is 0.08 cent while plastics and cans are 0.25 cents.
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by seunny4lif(m): 4:53pm On Sep 03, 2018
otherway:

Cos it's difficult to get a German visa
No
Becos you can't stay on the street .
But mind you, they are already show up from Clubs to some area like Hambung and Dortmund.
Just like Swiss
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by oladayo63(m): 4:54pm On Sep 03, 2018
Abjay97:
Adding to that list, Germany pays its citizens an equivalent of 90k naira per month till 18 years..

Also, they choose careers/courses for their citizens according to your performance in school.. E.g of you are very good in maths.. Tthe government sponsors you for a math related course like Engineering...

Folks, Nigeria is down...

Hey, how much can 90k afford in Germany? Some people must have been thinking "graduates hardly get paid up to 90k here in 9ja" grin

Let me add to it: that 90k you were referring to can't pay the school fee of a non-german kindergarten per month grin

The standard of living in Germany and Nigeria are too different; you can't compare it.

But Germany government giving child support is highly commendable!
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by eki2000(m): 5:01pm On Sep 03, 2018
Offpoint:
I guess weird has gotten a different meaning lately, cuz I don't see anything weird in the so called list. except the baby name stuff and the cleaning stuff, every other things there are practise here in Nigeria.

Next time you wanna create a weird list it should be something of these nature.

1. In Germany, kids are allowed to married their moms and fathers can impregnate their daughters and it's cool with everyone.

2. in Germany, people fried their own vomits and make tea out of it.

3. in Germany, baby poos are good source of protein.

4. in Germany, the first son of the family on his birthday, he's to lied flat on the floor and every family member will puke and poo in his mouth while he swallows it as a birthday gift.

5. in Germany, when ones grandpop is dead, they'll chop off his genitals and make everyone chew out of it as a last respect ritual.

etc
hey mhen, fvck U!

2 Likes

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Mizwisdom(f): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
The 0.25Euros they pay is already added to the prices of those drinks. For example, instead of buying coke at the normal price of 1.25Euros, you buy it for 1.75Euros. When you return the plastic bottles you get 0.25E back. Now, most of the aged ones in Germany now pick bottles for a living as scavengers do here for recycling.
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by BabaAduras: 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
yomibelle:
Second FTC in 10 minutes, I think that's a record!

No.3 got me. If that happens in Nigeria, lots of names would go into oblivion

What is there to celebrate in FTC? Does it add a penny to your acct?

I want to belief you are spending most of your time on Nairaland to be making FTC regularly. I stand corrected, for me it could only mean three things - either you are jobless or you are weirdo with no other life than Nairaland or both.

1 Like

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by AlphaStyles(m): 5:02pm On Sep 03, 2018
And you wonder why germany is so clean here own nothing concern us na to chop akara throwaway the paper for ground if dem challenge you to pick am fight don come be that abeg
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Just2endowed2(m): 5:03pm On Sep 03, 2018
They also pay for using their electricity.
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by thonyrule(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
You can pick plastics with designated signs anywhere and sell each for 0.25 euros, don't have to be a citizen. That's no payment for keeping street clean. undecided

1 Like

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Just2endowed2(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03, 2018
AlphaStyles:
And you wonder why germany is so clean here own nothing concern us na to chop akara throwaway the paper for ground if dem challenge you to pick am fight don come be that abeg

thats the sad part.

I beginning to ask, when and who told us to be dumping pure water and plastic waste in the street
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Jblaze1: 5:10pm On Sep 03, 2018
ok now we know.....NEXT!! angry angry
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by ooshinibos: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Qsscruz:
In Nigeria, everything is strange.. The country is the synonym for strange brought to you by Buhari..
I agree with you but don't worry its a genetic disposition that's what we are , at least 80 percent of us
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Angelovic96: 5:11pm On Sep 03, 2018
Abjay97:
Adding to that list, Germany pays its citizens an equivalent of 90k naira per month till 18 years..

Also, they choose careers/courses for their citizens according to your performance in school.. E.g of you are very good in maths.. Tthe government sponsors you for a math related course like Engineering...

Folks, Nigeria is down...

this is one culture that has made the country great, I can't imagin start same in nigeria
Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by HomeOfMe(f): 5:12pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sergentinfluenc:
From bizarre, to creepy, Germany features all.

The most creepy culture and daily life practices can be found only in Germany.

Ride with us, as we take you on a long deep journey into the strangest Top4 things about Germany.

Imagine getting paid to recycle plastic bottles?. Strange right? , but in Germany that's a normal culture and practices by the government.

They pay citizens 0.25€ to keep the streets clean and neat 24hrs. The government even stepped further in providing automatic machines to collect the plastic bottles.

2. You Can Drink Alcohol In The Public

Imagine buzzing alcohol in the public without any government restrictions?, yes! That's a norm in Germany.

At the age of 14, you are permitted to drink alcohol and wines alike. Imaging visiting Germany for the first time, and everyone is walking dead drunk and sober?. That must be a very strange encounter.

3. Weird Baby Names Are Rejected By The Law

Forget the fancy baby names parents always dream about. In Germany, the government have every rights to decline a weird baby name.

Next time you are going to Germany, be careful of your baby name.

4. Prostitution Is A Legal Business

The most fascinating facts about Germany is the free will to prostitution.

In 2002, a law in Germany recognized prostitution as the oldest profession. Everybody have easy access to sex legally or not.

5. Copyrights Of Postingday.com

That's our Top4 strange things about Germany. If you love our content, kindly visit the source below for more.

Source: https://postingday.com/2018/08/23/top4-strange-things-about-germany/
5. It is a landlocked country.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by sorepco(m): 5:15pm On Sep 03, 2018
My guy leave number 1 alone. U r actually taking back the money u paid as sanitation tax. For instance u go to pay for a bottle of cook. The seller say 1€. But when u want pay e go say pay 1.25 € and that u collect the 0.25 when u bring back fi empty bottle or bottles.

Sergentinfluenc:

Ride with us, as we take you on a long deep journey into the strangest Top4 things about Germany.

Imagine buzzing alcohol in the public without any government restrictions?, yes! That's a norm in Germany.

At the age of 14, you are permitted to drink alcohol and wines alike. Imaging visiting Germany for the first time, and everyone is walking dead drunk and sober?. That must be a very strange encounter.

Forget the fancy baby names parents always dream about. In Germany, the government have every rights to decline a weird baby name.

In 2002, a law in Germany recognized prostitution as the oldest profession. Everybody have easy access to sex legally or not.

That's our Top4 strange things about Germany. If you love our content, kindly visit the source below for more.

1 Like

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by Tolubory(m): 5:16pm On Sep 03, 2018
Sergentinfluenc:

This may Happen in Nigeria by the year 2030

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by iamdebby(m): 5:19pm On Sep 03, 2018
Offpoint:
I guess weird has gotten a different meaning lately, cuz I don't see anything weird in the so called list. except the baby name stuff and the cleaning stuff, every other things there are practise here in Nigeria.

1. In Germany, kids are allowed to married their moms and fathers can impregnate their daughters and it's cool with everyone.

4. in Germany, the first son of the family on his birthday, he's to lied flat on the floor and every family member will puke and poo in his mouth while he swallows it as a birthday gift.

5. in Germany, when ones grandpop is dead, they'll chop off his genitals and make everyone chew out of it as a last respect ritual.

etc

Damm! You sure have weird imaginative ideals!

1 Like

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by thonyrule(m): 5:23pm On Sep 03, 2018
You're very right
sorepco:
My guy leave number 1 alone. U r actually taking back the money u paid as sanitation tax. For instance u go to pay for a bottle of cook. The seller say 1€. But when u want pay e go say pay 1.25 € and that u collect the 0.25 when u bring back fi empty bottle or bottles.

Re: Top4 Strange Things About Germany by NairaEffect(m): 5:27pm On Sep 03, 2018
Offpoint:

etc

The genitala part. Just kill me again ..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oman's Sultan Qaboos Dies; His Cousin: Haitham bin Tariq Al, Named as New Ruler / Why Is Ukraine Not Going Offensive by attacking Moscow / Senegal Gives Jammeh Midnight To Vacate Presidency Seat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.