Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,291 members, 7,780,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 07:22 PM

Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (60549 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Mizwisdom(f): 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
ZestAri:

So population is an excuse? If at all it can be, how does Nigeria compare to USA and China in terms of population?

Yea it is an excuse especially because of population density. Lagos is a tiny state with over 20million people using the available infrastructure, yet much bigger Rwanda has less population. The higher the population density the faster the rate of using the infrastructure available and the more difficult it is to keep up with maintainance

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Aystarz: 12:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
tstx:
All we need is just one good presjdent

Even that wouldn't be enough. We'd need 200m decent, upwardly mobile people too.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by islandmoon: 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
former headquarter of the cockroaches traitors
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Airoflaw(m): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Esejojo:

Please. Let me get you right. So, you mean the more the population, the more the tendency to have potholes on the roads?
population is a major cause of Nigeria problem..we are not using it to our advantage yet we are not controlling it...image a poor Nigeria man in my area still giving birth to 7 children from 2 diff wives in this Age!!!

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by safarigirl(f): 12:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
If these are the best parts of a Country's Capital, then Nigeria is trying undecided

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chukwutope: 12:34pm On Sep 06, 2018
That's not a fair comparison. Rwanda doesn't have Buhari.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by chigo5(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
the city looks like coal city
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by tiwiex(m): 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado

Nope. I have been there. It is what you see. Drive a distance of 4 hours on a trip and NO port holes. I saw it live. Went from Kigali to Gisenyi and it was smooth sailing. 4 hours. If na by infrastructure, I give a 7/8 to them and a 3 to us as it is.

4 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by edibobo: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
There is no Lifeless President there, I think..
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by oshe11: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:
The problem with Nigeria is institutional.

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while. Jeez, I feel queasy already.
You're an embarrassment to wisdom.
Incase U dnt know, the number of road users affect its durability.....

The number of people with cars in 9ja surpasses that of Rwanda
Then the type of cars used is also a factor
How frequent these cars use the road is also considered......

These surveys are carried out before constructing a road

So don't act TOO intelligent when U don't know her angle of reasoning

7 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by SalamRushdie: 12:36pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
Thou not discrediting the progress made in that country this is just a show of the best places in the country....... If you put up pics of some places in Abuja and Lagos island you'll thing Nigeria is a mini Eldorado

Lets stop deceiveing ourselves There is no single road in Lagos without pot hole except Bourdillon which has started even disintegrating ....

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by safarigirl(f): 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
GSA01:
Showing us just Kigali is not a fair comparison, there are some part in Abuja here that are cleaner and finer than this places , though not discredit the work going on in Rwanda, it can not be compared to a polyglot society like Nigeria...
parts of Karu and Lugbe in Abuja looks better than most of these pictures I am seeing here.

Let us not even mention Asokoro, Maitama and Wuse. These pictures better be the bad parts of Kigali because even nonsense Asaba with all their terrible roads can give me better pictures

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by objobj: 12:37pm On Sep 06, 2018
Esejojo:

Please. Let me get you right. So, you mean the more the population, the more the tendency to have potholes on the roads?

That's not what he is saying. He meant the more pressure on the I infrastructure. Guess the number of cars you have in lagos alone to what is obtainable in Rwanda as a whole.

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ikpongiton: 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
Afobear:
sharrap illiterate
he is truly a stark illiterate,my man .

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Oduwils222(m): 12:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
Not bad though, but they have plenty of work to do
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by nymphomaniac(m): 12:40pm On Sep 06, 2018
I am not surprised. On the arsenal jersey, u see "Visit Rwanda" written boldly on it. I believe kigame is working hard in that country. How far have we developed since independence? The growth of a country is dependent on the vision of her leaders and not their population or wealth

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Innobee99(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
OP u try

That's Kigali, enter Kagawa, bodi go tell u
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by olanshi: 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2018

The problems is that majority of Africans have shallow minds always waiting for the So-called Western countries to come and develop your own countries for you or comparing the western countries to African countries.

Some Africans are still a big time slaves from there reasoning, views and some are so backward they find Joy in bringing down there fellow Africans while praising the westerners!

It is not all this white guys you see have Sense of reasoning, some of them are extremely daft.

Africa will be great again when we learn to embrace the greatness of AFRICA!

This development reminds of the massive transformation that happened in Japan �� after the War.

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by nymphomaniac(m): 12:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
safarigirl:
parts of Karu and Lugbe in Abuja looks better than most of these pictures I am seeing here.

Let us not even mention Asokoro, Maitama and Wuse. These pictures better be the bad parts of Kigali because even nonsense Asaba with all their terrible roads can give me better pictures
when last you enter asaba? The roads are heaven now o
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
oshe11:
Incase U dnt know, the number of road users affect its durability.....

The number of people with cars in 9ja surpasses that of Rwanda
Then the type of cars used is also a factor
How frequent these cars use the road is also considered......

These surveys are carried out before constructing a road

So don't act TOO intelligent when U don't know her angle of reasoning
Brother, I consider it belittling to make such basic excuses for our failures and lack of quality infrastructure.
The fact that we're in Africa shouldn't make us struggle to be first among failures.
We aren't in the top 5 bracket of world population and every other country in the top 10 by population has more road density than Nigeria yet they have outrightly better roads(except maybe Bangladeshi and war torn Pakistan) .
By a Mile, they have more heavy duty vehicles and vehicles with heavier tonnage. So what really is the thrust of your position?

Are we gonna blame my grandfather in his grave for not constructing roads to withstand estimated vehicular traffic? What then is the due diligence (feasibility studies) in pre-contract negotiations about?

The excuses we make for our failures is sickening at best.

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by safarigirl(f): 12:45pm On Sep 06, 2018
nymphomaniac:
when last you enter asaba? The roads are heaven now o
i was at Asaba in January of this year

Aside Nnebisi road, most of the other roads are bad, especially during rainy season. But if I enter Nnebisi snap pictures, dem go fine pass these ones wey OP post

2 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by SoNature(m): 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali

I'm afraid your argument is baseless

If you think population is the problem of Nigeria, why not split the country?

After all, the Igbos have been championing the cause for separation but the Nigerian military has been killing them while other tribes applaud the military

Nigeria is a backward country, admit it

Nigeria’s complexity is too complicated for a blackman to understand and lead

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ikpongiton: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Only 12.5 million people? That's even less than Lagos population. No wonder Nigeria is viewed as the Giant of Africa. Autojosh show us a country in Africa of about 200 million with no pot holes, that'll be a fair comparism. Nevertheless it will be nice to tour Kigali
you mean that because nigeria is big,that is the reason it's backward ? your thinking is abokilish
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by xcrew20: 12:46pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:

Yea it is an excuse especially because of population density. Lagos is a tiny state with over 20million people using the available infrastructure, yet much bigger Rwanda has less population. The higher the population density the faster the rate of using the infrastructure available and the more difficult it is to keep up with maintainance
Really? So what do you say about China?

1 Like

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by automatix: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
Olalan:
have you been to that country? They rank No 1 economically as the best in Africa.

A friend just came from there and he had a lot of good things to say about the country.

We should be ashamed of ourselves as country that elect rogues and call them leaders while still complaining of how bad the country is.
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by ghuzy01: 12:47pm On Sep 06, 2018
While taking nothing out of Rwanda,at least they 're trying.i feel we Nigerians put our country down tooooo much.im not seeing anything fantastic in these pictures.many parts of Lagos,Abuja,Calabar,Enugu are finer and cleaner than this but we take so much pride in bad mouthing ourselves.it is well with us

4 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Catastrophe1: 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
yazach:
I have no doubt that Nigeria will be one of the best countries in the world under PMB

ALLAH BLESS ME, PMB, NIGERIANS AND NIGERIA
grin grin grin grin
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Ugosample(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
tensazangetsu20:
The most backward part of Africa Is west Africa

The unfortunate truth
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by alexmaye(m): 12:48pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:

This is the dumbest comment I have seen in a long while. Jeez, I feel queasy already.
#savage
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by uuzba(m): 12:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mizwisdom:

There are only 12 million because they killed each other. Millions of them died.

What was the cause?
They had 2tribes. Hutu and Tutsi.
Hutu are short with round head and ogo.
Tutsi are tall and have head that looks like James Bond. No ogo.
When the Hutu commit crime, the Oyibos will punish them severely because they are "short and ugly".
When the Tutsi commit same crime, the Oyibos will leave them or punish little. Because they look fine like James Bond.

Punishment according to appearance

When both tribes realised that Oyibos like one and hate their other, each tribe wanted to KILL OFF the other tribe.

Meanwhile, the Oyibos carry their load waka comot.

This is what lead to the genocide in RWANADA.

Now they are tired of killing each other. They have calmed down. And decide to just live in peace without corruption.

Hence the road is smooth. Hence the population is only 12 million.

The sadness of oyibo control.
All human beings suffer racism.

3 Likes

Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by BrokenCock: 12:52pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:

hah! Embarrassment to wisdom? cheesy oboi ye!!
Re: Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War by Flexy2009(m): 12:53pm On Sep 06, 2018
Frenchfriez:

shut the Bleep up dia.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Floods At 3rd Mainland Bridge, Oworo Estate (Photos) / Russian Military Helicopter Crashes In A Fireball (Pix) / Food Aero Airline Served A Passenger While Travelling From Lagos-Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.