Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,903 members, 7,802,929 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Ghana Vs Nigeria, Check Below Out Folks - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ghana Vs Nigeria, Check Below Out Folks (850 Views)

How Are Your Older Folks Responding To New Technology? / The Ghana Grudge(ghana Vs Nigeria) / Would There Ever Be Universal Unity With Colored/black Folks? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ghana Vs Nigeria, Check Below Out Folks by ghanaceleb: 6:57am On Jun 30, 2010
Weekly Discussions, Let’s Get Talking: Why This Animosity and Loathing Between Ghana & Nigeria?

Ghana and Nigeria are not far from each other in terms of geographical proximity. I stand to be corrected on this; I believe that in terms of culture and lifestyle, the two countries are not substantially different.

Sometimes, I find it thorny to distinguish between a Nigerian girl and a Ghanaian girl when they pass me on the street. Most of the important people in my life are Nigerians. What If I told you my girlfriend or baby’s mother is a Nigerian? To me, Nigerians are not merely our neighbours, they are our sisters and brothers and we share a lot in common than in difference.

On this platform and many others including “outside the virtual world”, there is a growing animosity and loathing between most Ghanaians and Nigerians. I have heard a Nigerian saying, I will never date a Ghanaian and have also come across a Ghanaian saying, I will never date a Nigerian. I do not only find this absurd, but also very shallow.

I believe any person who is not acute mentally constipated will not indulge in any typical stereotyping attitude by just having a prima facie mindset that, Nigerians are this or Ghanaians are that without having had any encounter to justify such malevolent thinking, Read More

http://www.ghanacelebrities.com/2010/06/weekly-discussions-lets-get-talking-why-this-animosity-and-loathing-between-ghana-nigeria/

(1) (Reply)

[videos] Black In Latin/South America / One On One With Ifa (a Yoruba Deity Blackmailed By Importers Of Foreign Culture / One Drop Rule In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.