Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,405 members, 7,800,828 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller (34083 Views)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:50am On Sep 04, 2018
chk my signature
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by qanda: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2018
Insightful
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 04, 2018
The Supposed "lazy Nigerians".Kudos 2 Every Citizen Out There Tryin 2 Eke A Livin In D Face Of Impossibilities.Nigerians Have Never Had It This Rough Until D Fulani Herder Arrived & Turned Logic On Its Head

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Yuneehk(f): 7:52am On Sep 04, 2018
Most of them earn up to that in Lagos but they pay "tax" to those unions and agberos in the streets of Lagos. By the time they're done paying, they won't have much left.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by princegeo(m): 7:53am On Sep 04, 2018
My brother our politicians are making millions per hour...
And have nothing to give to the poor masses that elected them .

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Valfrankie(m): 7:54am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:
Foolish “unschooled” educated boy!

If N80,000 is all your aspiration as a graduate, I just pity you!

Leave manual work for manual workers, it's hard work!
As an educated fellow, you work with your brain and not with your hands. It's called smart work. It's less exhausting and more rewarding!
Where can I forward my application, Please? I'm ready to work for you for the said amount. I know you rake in millions each month, please hire me. My service as you can see is affordable

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by israelmao(m): 7:56am On Sep 04, 2018
Business is good it brings daily income.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by gladisa7: 7:56am On Sep 04, 2018
oga u dont know how much he buys d fruits n transportation n how much he pays to settle whoever that gave him the stand where he sells..but I can assure you he makes more than twice or thrice wt u think he is making...such businesses re usually very profitable. Do u know whenever I buy fruit at boundary on my way coming back from Apapa sells 4 times d prize in festac n some of them buy from mile 12 or onyinbo where they can even get them cheaper.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by AlphaStyles(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2018
Self employment good jare and u can easily save it and take time of to relax
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by HarunaWest(m): 7:57am On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:
Guess what, I was in the streets of Lagos, just opposite Isolo General hospital this evening, sitting down with a very friendly Hausa fruit seller. He sells just water melons and pineapples.

I patronised him, then sat on his bench, was looking around and gisting with him. I noticed something very interesting.

In the space of like 20 minutes, this young man made like N1, 200 in sales. It was a very busy street.

I started mental calculations. That was before I took the selfie though. Lolz.

Ok. Let's assume that only N200 out of this guy's N1, 200 is his profit. This means this guy makes like N200 every 20 mins or N10 per minute.

Ok. N10 per minute equals N600 per hour. Multiply that by 10 hours per day, 8am-6pm. This equals N6, 000 per day OF PROFIT!

Multiply that by 30 days per month. These guys work everyday mind you.

That's N180, 000 per month! OF PROFITS!

Ok. Let's say we over-estimated things. Let's take away N100, 000 from this money.

Doing that, this uneducated roadside fruit seller still nets N80, 000 every freaking month!

Correct me if I'm wrong with these calculations!

Should you start selling fruits on a busy road?

I don't know.

But what I know is this. Whatever it is you do for yourself, it will surely pay you more than what some employers out there will pay you.

Believe me!
why do you have to tell us his Hausa..why not just a fruit seller..if sombori call you Nyamiri now,you would start cussing and swearing buh ur antagonising tribalism here....mtscheeeew
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Basseybruce: 7:57am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

As an educated fellow, you work with your brain and not with your hands. It's called smart work. It's less exhausting and more rewarding!
Who is this one now? What's your monthly income? Shmmm....

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by gift01: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2018
frowland:

Take the tax from the 100k OP said you can deduct from the #180,000.
Secondly, you are wrong because if that is Lagos, then that fruit guy obviously pay tax else those LG urchins will uproot you. The only market person who I think don't pay tax in Lagos might be the street hawkers and those night traders.
They also pay tax
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by flyca: 7:58am On Sep 04, 2018
Valfrankie:
Where can I forward my application, Please? I'm ready to work for you for the said amount. I know you rake in millions each month, please hire me. My service as you can see is affordable
No sir, I'm not an employer. I am employed, I work for someone. And I make much more than 80k a month. Please if you are a student, be serious with your studies. If you are already working, get busy, focus and plan a future. You'll earn by far much more. Bless!

Cc: Basseybruce
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Saao(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:
Guess what, I was in the streets of Lagos, just opposite Isolo General hospital this evening, sitting down with a very friendly Hausa fruit seller. He sells just water melons and pineapples.

I patronised him, then sat on his bench, was looking around and gisting with him. I noticed something very interesting.

In the space of like 20 minutes, this young man made like N1, 200 in sales. It was a very busy street.

Ok. Let's assume that only N200 out of this guy's N1, 200 is his profit. This means this guy makes like N200 every 20 mins or N10 per minute.

Ok. N10 per minute equals N600 per hour. Multiply that by 10 hours per day, 8am-6pm. This equals N6, 000 per day OF PROFIT!

Ok. Let's say we over-estimated things. Let's take away N100, 000 from this money.

Doing that, this uneducated roadside fruit seller still nets N80, 000 every freaking month!

I don't know.

But what I know is this. Whatever it is you do for yourself, it will surely pay you more than what some employers out there will pay you.

Believe me!
I agree with you. Sometimes back was working with a company, collecting 100k per month not knowing I made much more for the company still was owed for like 2 months then got angry one particular day and resigned my wife was surprised. Today I made already 500k net Every month. Now I earned 200k paying myself. Don't be so comfortable working with people. Dare to be self employ with principle

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by frowland(m): 8:00am On Sep 04, 2018
gift01:
They also pay tax

You mean the night traders and hawkers?
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Toeyean1507(f): 8:04am On Sep 04, 2018
J
frowland:

Take the tax from the 100k OP said you can deduct from the #180,000.
Secondly, you are wrong because if that is Lagos, then that fruit guy obviously pay tax else those LG urchins will uproot you. The only market person who I think don't pay tax in Lagos might be the street hawkers and those night traders.
Even those ones pay tax.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Sardauna24(m): 8:05am On Sep 04, 2018
Proudly Arewa we hausas are not lazy youths.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by yinnyme(m): 8:08am On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:

I don't know.

Believe me!

Na shame dey kill many people, you can't do this ,you can't do that but you are teaching with your BSc earning less than 20k,be deceiving yourselves with suit and tie, before your eyes opened time don go, old age don come and you have succeeded in enriching your employers. Look at farming, transport and several other sme,.
Small time they will transfer frustration on parents, relatives, village people, their pastors or church, government etc.
Why can't we humble ourselves and start small. Godbless all those young guys and ladies hustling day and night righteously in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by cybriz82(m): 8:12am On Sep 04, 2018
No b today aboki get money..so many of them are fucking rich just that they hate to show off...

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Mariangeles(f): 8:13am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

I didn't expect this from you
Do you have the slightest idea of how difficult it is in Naija now ...??

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by cbrass(m): 8:14am On Sep 04, 2018
showafrica:
It's better to start early when it comes to self employment. Withdrawing from blue collar job for self employment is always difficult and boring
You are not totally right, It all depends on how focus you are and the dedication
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by gift01: 8:22am On Sep 04, 2018
frowland:

You mean the night traders and hawkers?
surely they do. Funny right? Lagos don't play with taxes

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Butoneday2(m): 8:24am On Sep 04, 2018
I've done that biz b/4, honestly it generates a very kool cash. Kool without too much grammar.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by flyca: 8:24am On Sep 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
I didn't expect this from you
Do you have the slightest idea of how difficult it is in Naija now ...??
“You” who? Please stop forming familiarity with “you” online.
Is buying and selling any easier in Nigeria? Because he observed the guy selling for less than one hour, so? Iy could just like meeting a salaried earner on his pay day! Abeg park well.

Whichever line you choose to go, run it well. However, smart work still beats hard work hands down!
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Valfrankie(m): 8:25am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

No sir, I'm not an employer. I am employed, I work for someone. And I make much more than 80k a month. Please if you are a student, be serious with your studies. If you are already working, get busy, focus and plan a future. You'll earn by far much more. Bless!

Cc: Basseybruce
Thank you for the kind response. No, I'm not a student. Open to available job opportunities. So if there's a vacancy in your firm, I'm right here to fill it in.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by tiwiex(m): 8:28am On Sep 04, 2018
generationz:
I know a woman who was able to buy land and build a house from selling fruits. Her husband helps her out. she has a shop all packed with fruits at the bustop not on the road side

I also know two other women who sell fruits and corn(in season) but haven't been able to go past just a few here and there .

self employment is good
but self employment without innovation is risky.

It's not okay to just leave your job and start selling fruits without strategizing on a lot of things especially how to deal with competition.

Too much grammar that even the fruit seller has no clue what you talking about. I think humility is the key. We are generally to proud to do certain jobs but will happily work in a Mc Donalds for change. I think that is the problem in Naija. We have a big man mentality. I think the genesis needs to be traced. I have my opinion but it's mine. Let's shed the big man body and things will just get better. My take. Innovation, competition. All na grammar. If you look at our statistics. There is room for a lot of new entrants with no sophistication at all.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by DBossNG(m): 8:29am On Sep 04, 2018
Kylekent59:
Many people have the urge for self employment, but what they lack is finance, they don't have money to start.

I know of a woman who has about 20 business plan but she doesn't have enough money to start but the brain and ideas are there.

I just want to use this opportunity to tell every graduates if they know anything they can do, let them do it. Even if it's mechanic, tailoring, shoemaker, farming, anything just do it.

Nothing can stop a determined soul from getting his vision into limelight.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by demmydy(m): 8:30am On Sep 04, 2018
Mr calculator. Did he open his mouth to confession to u his total profit. Now u will make his village pple start following him.

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by sprints2: 8:31am On Sep 04, 2018
yinnyme:

Na shame dey kill many people, you can't do this ,you can't do that but you are teaching with your BSc earning less than 20k,be deceiving yourselves with suit and tie, before your eyes opened time don go, old age don come and you have succeeded in enriching your employers. Look at farming, transport and several other sme,.
Small time they will transfer frustration on parents, relatives, village people, their pastors or church, government etc.
Why can't we humble ourselves and start small. Godbless all those young guys and ladies hustling day and night righteously in Jesus name.
bro u have to start from somewhere be it 20k or less than that if u have parents uncles or siblings that can support that is fine u can start a biz wish I had that though... with 100k u can effectively run a small scale bizness together with ur 20k salary job if u are teaching maths or science its an added advantage very lucrative u can get lessons with that u can make up to or more than 50k a month together with your mini biz( such as buying and selling, mini farming, trading, mini shop) u might as well be thinking of time to look after some well it all depends on u....a lot of graduates are out there suffering not becos they don't have a bizness idea but the money to start it is a big setback...after school nobody dey send u again...
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by crackhouse(m): 8:37am On Sep 04, 2018
Why will snap sb without his consent and bring it online here to teach us how to make money? Do u know how many of his relations and friends that are seeing this online whom he may not want to know he sells fruit in lagos.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by DeBlackArabian: 8:38am On Sep 04, 2018
So y u come put ur face leave the Hausa seller na?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between BN And RC Number / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) / 5-technology Based Skills You Can Learn In 5days And Start Earning Good Income

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.