Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,099 members, 7,807,292 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:58 AM

My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller (34096 Views)

My Experience At Ounje Eko Food Market In Bariga, Lagos / Rejection Of Old Dollar Notes: My Experience At The Bank Today / Lady Shares Her Experience At The ATM Which Had More Than 20 Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by qwertyboss(m): 8:39am On Sep 04, 2018
guy!
use
your
brain
not
your
eyes
to
calculate
his
profits.
it's never possible for the fruit seller to be selling every 20 minutes. did he also sell at night when everyone is asleep?
guy thing like a nairalander not like a co_fruit_seller there! cheesy

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by crackhouse(m): 8:42am On Sep 04, 2018
If he's making such amount and still selling fruit and could not afford a good accomodation, good food and good hospital then what's the need?
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by leonard002(m): 8:44am On Sep 04, 2018
ahamonyeka:
;DSo,you are the nigger I saw today opposite my shop though we were close marking you thinking you are a kidnapper. ;DSo,you are the nigger I saw today opposite my shop though we were close marking you thinking you are a kidnapper.
grin
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 8:44am On Sep 04, 2018
lereinter:

oga biz is so good

but before u jump into vonclusion

yu must understand that everyday is not the same
no mind them, am a business guy, sometimes u will never sell up to 1000 naira self, very day is not merry day.

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Topmaike007(m): 8:47am On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:
Guess what, I was in the streets of Lagos, just opposite Isolo General hospital this evening, sitting down with a very friendly Hausa fruit seller. He sells just water melons and pineapples.

I patronised him, then sat on his bench, was looking around and gisting with him. I noticed something very interesting.

In the space of like 20 minutes, this young man made like N1, 200 in sales. It was a very busy street.

I started mental calculations. That was before I took the selfie though. Lolz.

Ok. Let's assume that only N200 out of this guy's N1, 200 is his profit. This means this guy makes like N200 every 20 mins or N10 per minute.

Ok. N10 per minute equals N600 per hour. Multiply that by 10 hours per day, 8am-6pm. This equals N6, 000 per day OF PROFIT!

Multiply that by 30 days per month. These guys work everyday mind you.

That's N180, 000 per month! OF PROFITS!

Ok. Let's say we over-estimated things. Let's take away N100, 000 from this money.

Doing that, this uneducated roadside fruit seller still nets N80, 000 every freaking month!

Correct me if I'm wrong with these calculations!

Should you start selling fruits on a busy road?

I don't know.

But what I know is this. Whatever it is you do for yourself, it will surely pay you more than what some employers out there will pay you.

Believe me!
so na your face be dis, very soon mynd44 will also show us his own face..
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by ipobarecriminals: 8:48am On Sep 04, 2018
undecided sad and pls add and calculate how dey suffered/ trekked everywhere to do their biz/some of those fruits are perishable especially dat Watermelon. If u understand hausa language, u'll hear their lamentation.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by AgentGoat: 8:55am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:
Foolish “unschooled” educated boy!

If N80,000 is all your aspiration as a graduate, I just pity you!

Leave manual work for manual workers, it's hard work!
As an educated fellow, you work with your brain and not with your hands. It's called smart work. It's less exhausting and more rewarding!
see this boy. Have you run a business of your own before?

80k made from self business is more valuable than the one made from salary modafuvka. Get sense!

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by evesdon4u: 9:03am On Sep 04, 2018
These are the kind of thought-provoking posts that we should be reading here...
Thanks OP!!!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by mansoura(f): 9:03am On Sep 04, 2018
May God bless the works of our hands

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by flyca: 9:07am On Sep 04, 2018
AgentGoat:
see this boy. Have you run a business of your own before?

80k made from self business is more valuable than the one made from salary modafuvka. Get sense!
Agent. Goat. Lol grin
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by chloride6: 9:15am On Sep 04, 2018
Maga,

You went there during rush hour

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Ahmeduana(m): 9:18am On Sep 04, 2018
NA PEOPLE LIKE YOU NAIM HAUSA PEOPLE THEY CALL "sa ido" SINCE FRUITS BUSINESS IS PROFITABLE, WHY CAN YOU VENTURE INTO IT?
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Hoodbilonia: 9:20am On Sep 04, 2018
every day nor be xmas
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by crafteck(m): 9:22am On Sep 04, 2018
dingbang:
add style, neatness and packaging to your business and you will prosper. you feel me?

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first

OH God
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by crafteck(m): 9:23am On Sep 04, 2018
femidejulius:
You also didn't mention the fact that he doesn't pay any tax to nobody.

You think so..
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by crafteck(m): 9:25am On Sep 04, 2018
lereinter:

oga biz is so good

but before u jump into vonclusion

yu must understand that everyday is not the same

Would have said same but he cut 100k from the calculation so he knows what he's saying

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 04, 2018
leonard002:
Guess what, I was in the streets of Lagos, just opposite Isolo General hospital this evening, sitting down with a very friendly Hausa fruit seller. He sells just water melons and pineapples.

I patronised him, then sat on his bench, was looking around and gisting with him. I noticed something very interesting.

In the space of like 20 minutes, this young man made like N1, 200 in sales. It was a very busy street.

I started mental calculations. That was before I took the selfie though. Lolz.

Ok. Let's assume that only N200 out of this guy's N1, 200 is his profit. This means this guy makes like N200 every 20 mins or N10 per minute.

Ok. N10 per minute equals N600 per hour. Multiply that by 10 hours per day, 8am-6pm. This equals N6, 000 per day OF PROFIT!

Multiply that by 30 days per month. These guys work everyday mind you.

That's N180, 000 per month! OF PROFITS!

Ok. Let's say we over-estimated things. Let's take away N100, 000 from this money.

Doing that, this uneducated roadside fruit seller still nets N80, 000 every freaking month!

Correct me if I'm wrong with these calculations!

Should you start selling fruits on a busy road?

I don't know.

But what I know is this. Whatever it is you do for yourself, it will surely pay you more than what some employers out there will pay you.

Believe me!

Fruit sellers in busy places casually make more than 6k daily. Stop calculating N200 naira as his profit for making N1200 sales, It's weigh off the mark. In Enugu They buy one head of water melon @ N300 and they cut it into 6 and sell it 100 each, That's N600 total sales while half of it is profit.

These uneducated people make over 200k monthly, but the educated ones working in one useless firm in lagos n get paid N45k monthly will keep doubting it. They are just fukkin scared that people considered illiterate n poor earn much more than them.

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by gaby(m): 9:33am On Sep 04, 2018
There is this dude that sells fruits with a cart in Benin. He is always dressed in in a black pant, white long sleeved shirts, suspenders, a bow tie and a cap to boot.

He always serenaded his fruits with a cool blues rhythm bellowing out from the ears and nostrils of his sound system as he trudged along the hole filled clay roads of the ancient city.

You'd be amazed how many patrons he attracts on a daily on this hustle..

Whatever you set out to do, by all means do it proper...packaging is the word...

Let love lead people...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:
Foolish “unschooled” educated boy!

If N80,000 is all your aspiration as a graduate, I just pity you!

Leave manual work for manual workers, it's hard work!
As an educated fellow, you work with your brain and not with your hands. It's called smart work. It's less exhausting and more rewarding!

"" If N80,000 is all your aspiration as a graduate, I just pity you!
""

Wetin this one de talk?

Where did he say all his aspirations as a graduate is to make 80k per month?

Most graduates in Lagos are earning less than 50k monthly while their counterparts in most other Nigerian states earn less than that and ur here comparing them with people who make double of that.

And who told that selling fruits is done without brains?

Many fruit sellers make more than 200k monthly and ur here degrading them as manual workers who have no need for their sense yet they are earning far higher than u.

Abeg park well.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by lonelydora: 9:39am On Sep 04, 2018
Gistonlinebiz:
Our major problem is this silly fear of the unknown in business. Some people overlooked the unknown and ventured into business in nice locations and they are making it well. May God help us

I am one of them
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by flyca: 9:44am On Sep 04, 2018
PrecisionFx:

"" If N80,000 is all your aspiration as a graduate, I just pity you!
""

Wetin this one de talk?

Where did he say all his aspirations as a graduate is to make 80k per month?

Most graduates in Lagos are earning less than 50k monthly while their counterparts in most other Nigerian states earn less than that and ur here comparing them with people who make double of that.

And who told that selling fruits is done without brains?

Many fruit sellers make more than 200k monthly and ur here degrading them as manual workers who have no need for their sense yet they are earning far higher than u.

Abeg park well.
Do you know how flawed his analysis is? Did he not know he met the guy at rush hour? Did he consider how much of his goods get rotten or spoiled or stolen? Did he consider his rent? Did he consider his off peak periods? Did he consider the days he does not work due to “circumstances“?

So you only see graduates earning 50k? The ones earning 250k do they have two heads? A graduate is earning 50k today, he gains experience, grows in his job. Tomorrow he is heading a bigger firm. Is that magic?

Oya nah, leave your 50k job to sell fruits nah
I just tire for you and your likes.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

Do you know how flawed his analysis is? Did he not know he met the guy at rush hour? Did he consider how much of his goods get rotten or spoiled or stolen? Did he consider his rent? Did he consider his off peak periods? Did he consider the days he does not work due to “circumstances ”?

So you only see graduates earning 50k? The ones earning 250k do they have two heads? A graduate is earning 50k today, he gains experience, grows in his job. Tomorrow he is heading a bigger firm. Is that magic?

Oya nah, leave your 50k job to sell fruits nah
I just tire for you and your likes.

He removed 100k from the result of his calculation to mitigate/balance out against the rent, days he won't work, off peak hours spoilt products (which the seller actually eats grin....And thus it isn't a loss).

Fruit seller doesn't stay one place as well forever, They can move up the ladder n remain ahead of the 50k civil servant. He will open 2 or 3 more branches n double/triple his earning. He can even open a mini food mall in the future n make it big.

"" So you only see graduates earning 50k? The ones earning 250k do they have two heads? ""

Nigga take time, How many Nigerians earn 250k per month n How many Nigerians earn under 50k per month

Ultimately how many young Nigerian graduates earn 250k per month?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by jeff1607(m): 10:02am On Sep 04, 2018
Gistonlinebiz:
Our major problem is this silly fear of the unknown in business. Some people overlooked the unknown and ventured into business in nice locations and they are making it well. May God help us

and some people are suffering for it.

may God help us
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by jeff1607(m): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2018
generationz:
I know a woman who was able to buy land and build a house from selling fruits. Her husband helps her out. she has a shop all packed with fruits at the bustop not on the road side

I also know two other women who sell fruits and corn(in season) but haven't been able to go past just a few here and there .

self employment is good
but self employment without innovation is risky.

It's not okay to just leave your job and start selling fruits without strategizing on a lot of things especially how to deal with competition.

being self employed also doesn't mean one gets to relax all the time . being self employed also means you bear the risks, work over time without being paid, waking up extra early and closing extra late before the business gains a foot hold but we are always in a hurry cos we see Mr A making money and wanna be like him. we don't consider the risk and pains they took.

being self employed ain't for sissies

4 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Mariangeles(f): 10:07am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

“You” who? Please stop forming familiarity with “you” online.
Is buying and selling any easier in Nigeria? Because he observed the guy selling for less than one hour, so? Iy could just like meeting a salaried earner on his pay day! Abeg park well.

Whichever line you choose to go, run it well. However, smart work still beats hard work hands down!
Smh!

1 Like

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by WhoBeThisMan: 10:08am On Sep 04, 2018
Kylekent59:
Many people have the urge for self employment, but what they lack is finance, they don't have money to start.

I know of a woman who has about 20 business plan but she doesn't have enough money to start but the brain and ideas are there.

I just want to use this opportunity to tell every graduates if they know anything they can do, let them do it. Even if it's mechanic, tailoring, shoemaker, farming, anything just do it.
papper business is quite different from real life
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by WhoBeThisMan: 10:10am On Sep 04, 2018
flyca:

“You” who? Please stop forming familiarity with “you” online.
Is buying and selling any easier in Nigeria? Because he observed the guy selling for less than one hour, so? Iy could just like meeting a salaried earner on his pay day! Abeg park well.

Whichever line you choose to go, run it well. However, smart work still beats hard work hands down!
believe it or not, a bus driver who owns his own bus earns more that more than 70% of white collar workers
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by leonard002(m): 10:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Topmaike007:
so na your face be dis, very soon mynd44 will also show us his own face..
grin
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by MikkySexy23(m): 10:51am On Sep 04, 2018
Everybody cannot do the same thing..What works for one would not work for all. Just know what works for you and focus on that.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Nobody: 11:28am On Sep 04, 2018
They will continue to deceive themselves with bsc, nysc till the end of time.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by Caseless: 11:31am On Sep 04, 2018
femidejulius:
You also didn't mention the fact that he doesn't pay any tax to nobody.
they pay via cost of transportation and people who charge them for "produce" on the road. What about police? They pay multiple illegal tax on their way to south.
Re: My Experience At Isolo, Lagos With Hausa Fruit Seller by PRINCEVICKEY: 12:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
guy...instead of u to start thinking of what u will do wt ur life in dis buhari hard time .. u r dia calculating another person profit....on a cool tuesday morning .....continue as u know get better work to do ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Academic Writing- A Goldmine On Fiverr: Learn How I Made Over $3,000 In 5 Months / Abuja Traders Using Cars As Shops Because Of High Cost Of Rent (Photos) / Earning ₦200K Monthly In Nigeria Is Better Than £2000 In UK - Allen Onyema

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.