Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,483 members, 7,781,442 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:29 PM

Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes (41398 Views)

These Are The Cutest Dog Breeds According To Science (Photos) / Checkout The Most Dangerous DOG Breeds. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by rumenase(m): 1:33pm On Sep 11, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
OMG. Bruh, read again and understand. If you want a well guarded house, get those dogs mentioned. the OP doesn't mean they are popular dogs in Nigeria. The choices are based on how ferocious or intimidating the dogs are. For example, if one sees a French mastiff and a German Shepherd side by side, naturally, the French mastiff will be feared more due to its intimidating size. The op did not mean the dogs mentioned are dogs popularly found in Nigeria.

all the same it is wrong that work is just like literature review OP has to draw his own conclusion from real life and see if it is the same you cannot draw conclusion from other people's work
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by rumenase(m): 1:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
chiboy1116:
yep...but I hvnt seen a pure Caucasian that's lazy , they can b fat , but lazy? Those dogs are deadly as Bleep , u think pittbull de aggressive ? Wait till a Caucasian attacks u....guy u de for that day , cos u ain't going no where, their hands alone can drop an average boy down . They have the strongest teeths Nd withstand pains the most .

fat and lazy go Almost together or maybe you are mistaking lazy for weak. lazy or not a caucasian is still a very strong dog. take this instance " a fat Caucasian cannot run 200m but a slim and athletic one probably would" they will get tired easily and that's laziness my friend.
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by rumenase(m): 1:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
Bizibi:
no real gsd in Edo state,only mixed breed but I don't know about abuja.

I think sublime kennel is in Edo state and I think they have superb GSDs or you can check this user "menkano" here in nairaland.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by chiboy1116: 1:48pm On Sep 11, 2018
rumenase:

fat and lazy go Almost together or maybe you are mistaking lazy for weak. lazy or not a caucasian is still a very strong dog. take this instance " a fat Caucasian cannot run 200m but a slim and athletic one probably would" they will get tired easily and that's laziness my friend.
it's not laziness when u get tired doing something..lolx....it's lazy when u don't do it at all .
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Bizibi(m): 2:03pm On Sep 11, 2018
rumenase:

I think sublime kennel is in Edo state and I think they have superb GSDs or you can check this user "menkano" here in nairaland.
okay,thanks
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by rumenase(m): 2:13pm On Sep 11, 2018
chiboy1116:
it's not laziness when u get tired doing something..lolx....it's lazy when u don't do it at all .

what about a dog that gets tired quickly?
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by PAQ(m): 5:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
INDUSTRIALFAN:
op did not say most popular dogs. Op said dogs that are beat for guarding homes in Nigeria. By that the OP is saying these are digs you should get if you really want your home guarded. Of course German shepherds are rampant in Nigeria because they are easy to find.

I can read, i know what the OP said. The GSD is popular or according to you, rampant for a reason. Google top best guard dogs in the world and see where the GSD lies in.

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by damtan(m): 10:59pm On Sep 11, 2018
My dog will definitely wag it's tail to an intruder. i don sell her sharp sharp

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by bansotosin: 3:41am On Feb 22, 2019
lol
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by danpoly60: 4:43pm On Feb 23, 2019
460ICEBEATZ:

Doberman and gsd no be mates abeg. The only thing is that gsds are more popular and too common though most of them are fake. Get a good dobbie and have rest of mind. They r.far better than gsds in everything.

So unfortunate when people talk without informed decision at all. First three most aggressive Dogs IN the world and super alerts is GSD's with the bite powerful up to 1060newton, they are the only breed that can detect Gas pipe line leakage down to 30km underground that machines will hardly detect, they are also the world's third most intelligent dogs, you need to train your GSD and then u will be amazed at what you will see in your dog. GSD has been greatly polluted that doesn't mean there are no pure. Only backyard breeders will pollute and dilute the bloodline of GSD with other breeds and worse of it all, Ekukes and still call it, GSD pure.
Gsd are so popular, yet if u want pedigree, quality, ur money in your hands will still get them. Talking about Doberman, it's just more athletic than GSD, that's all, else GSD is the best and most superb. Get your facts right before showing a dance of shame in the public.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Tennisonsoft(m): 10:22pm On Feb 24, 2019
Mine isn't aggressive at all am tired
chiboy1116:
Caucasians are very aggressive sir , and aren't good with kids .
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jul 02, 2019
rumenase:

cool
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Nobody: 8:14pm On Aug 25, 2019
@ Vianna
Where can i get one i.e Police dog.

I live in Sokoto
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Leemekzy: 8:39am On Aug 27, 2019
chiboy1116:
lolx...I no know sef ....how many pple get french mastiff ? That dog isn't evn that aggressive , just some big house pet...lolx...
Who told u french mastiff aint aggressive? i own two of the breed and they are very aggressive. mess with them at ur own risk.
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by chiboy1116: 9:21am On Aug 27, 2019
Leemekzy:
Who told u french mastiff aint aggressive? i own two of the breed and they are very aggressive. mess with them at ur own risk.
they are not aggressive by nature , unless u didn't train them well . undecided
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Leemekzy: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2019
chiboy1116:
they are not aggressive by nature , unless u didn't train them well . undecided
i hear u.
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Vianna(f): 12:02am On Aug 30, 2019
Eco2580:
@ Vianna
Where can i get one i.e Police dog.

I live in Sokoto
There's no such breed as police dog.. what Nigerians wrongly call police dogs are usually German shepherds.
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by Nobody: 5:54am On Aug 30, 2019
Vianna:

There's no such breed as police dog.. what Nigerians wrongly call police dogs are usually German shepherds.
Noted, U got any idea where i can get one?
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by temi4fash(m): 9:01am On Aug 30, 2019
Sorry whats GSD's?
Re: Top 5 Dog Breeds That Are Best For Guarding Nigerian Homes by MrrKay(m): 9:27pm On Aug 31, 2019
This one off me. Lmao

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dog Owner Offers N100K Reward For Missing Dogs, Romulus & Remus (Photo) / See The Viper That My Neighbours Brutally Executed / Meet My Latest Girl, Lady Shasha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.