Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,188 members, 7,780,310 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:09 PM

Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso (8676 Views)

“I remain a member of APC” Sen Tejuoso denounces reports stating he joined PDP / Saraki, Dogara, NASS Members May Leave APC Thursday - New Telegraph / Shehu Sani And Suleiman Hunkuyi Leave APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by dre11(m): 6:38am On Sep 04, 2018
Posted By: Ernest Nwokolo

Senator Lanre Tejuoso, on Monday revealed that it was President Muhammadu Buhari who advised him to remain with APC and not quit along with other defector – Senators sometimes ago.

Tejuoso also advocated for use of direct primary as a best democratic method to select candidates in Ogun State for the next general elections by the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The Senator representing Ogun Central Senatorial District who made this known to reporters in Abeokuta, the Ogun State capital, while declaring his intention to re- contest for the seat, maintained that he still a member of the party and not a politician that moves around.

He declared that he would not leave the APC provided that President Muhammadu Buhari also remained with the party.

According to him, when he quitted the party with some Senators, the President called him that he wants him to stay
He noted that President’s action and call were a great honour done to him.

The medical doctor – turned politician recalled that President Buhari asked him what he (the Senator) wants him to tell the Senator’s monarch father, Osile of Oke-Ona, Oba Adedapo Tejuoso who is a close friend of the President, if his son leaves APC.

He revealed that he has been with President Buhari since his time in All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP) and they have both lost election together three times, describing him as a mentor and a person whose nobody can contest his integrity.

He disclosed that what happened was just a mere misunderstanding between him and the party at the local level, which, he said, has since been resolved.

“I cannot leave APC. I will only leave if President Buhari leaves. When the incident happened, Mr. President called me and told me he wants me back in the party. What happened is just a misunderstanding in the local and it has been resolved.

“You know Ogun state is known in Nigeria to be the first in most things. It has been established that for democracy to thrive and to catch up with that of the developed nations, direct primaries is the answer and since Ogun state is always the first I am sure my governor will surely support it because he always want the best for the state.

“I am sure he will lead and others will follow and we are going to do direct primaries by God’s grace in Ogun state and I am sure my governor will agree.

“So that everybody in the party can have their say and choose whoever they want. Anybody who offer themself for election let the people agree that you are competent enough. So let everybody vote.

“It shouldn’t be a scenario of where few people will just be gathered somewhere and somebody will then tell them what to do. We want a change and that is what our party is preaching.

“We want direct primaries; we don’t want indirect primaries where some people will owe some people because they are the one who help them achieve the success they have achieved.

“Some of us are beneficiaries in the past but that shouldn’t continue because we have benefitted from such, there must be a change because we can’t leave this for our children,” Tejuoso said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/buhari-prevailed-on-me-not-to-leave-apc-sen-tejuoso/

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Trapnews: 6:40am On Sep 04, 2018
Who are you fooling? undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by MrRabbi(m): 6:41am On Sep 04, 2018
So that you can help him carry his bags back to Daura.... He trust you so much.... Anu Mpama

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by levi2(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
No come back o

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by mknigeriagreat: 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
Bunch of liars. You will think he has the interest of his constituents in mind. Always for selfish and personal gains. All of you, I can bet it with you that your days are numbered. Nigerians are getting wiser now. Bring all the money to polling units on election day, we will collect your money and still vote out conscience and mind. That is the trend now. All the stolen funds we will eat it together and send all of you to where you belong and welcome trustworthy leaders.

In sane communities, people join political race based on the ideologies of that very political party. And the day you decide not to follow that party anymore, you just leave politics because you don't believe in the ideology of the other parties. But here no single ideology and they just jump around like bunch of over fed monkeys.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by chrisley(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
With the gross ineptitude of this present government and surge in deflections.. it would take a miracle for Buhari to retain the saddle after the election next year

If I were him I won't even nurse the idea of contesting

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by ednut1(m): 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
I can bet my balls that Buhari doesnt know you exist

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Omofunaab2: 6:42am On Sep 04, 2018
This one that has no electoral value in Ogun State..
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by abokibuhari: 6:43am On Sep 04, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by fukushaki(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2018
grin
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Oyinlade07(m): 6:43am On Sep 04, 2018
It is well
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Kelamma(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2018
Political gamblers.
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by seanfer(m): 6:44am On Sep 04, 2018
Mr Senator I hope you know that the Governor is going to contest against you for the Ticket? We don’t want to hear another story after the primary if it did not favour you.....

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Agbayahoo: 6:45am On Sep 04, 2018
Chai !Igbos go finish u today

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by alasene(m): 6:45am On Sep 04, 2018
Buhari or u dey fear Amosun
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by dingbang(m): 6:48am On Sep 04, 2018
cool

Meanwhile esteemed first bank customers, y'all can now perform amazing transactions on the first mobile app such as getting soft loans through the app. Click the link on my signature for steps to register and bank your way.

You first
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by kunmiiii: 6:48am On Sep 04, 2018
Ohhh!! You mean Buhari prevailed on you not to flush your aspiring political career down the toilet....You should really be thankful. Be guided accordingly next time.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Nobody: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2018
If Akpabio,a monied heavyweight can leave the party that made him a billionaire, why will this one not leave?

Oga, just keep shut and be enjoying the collective wealth of Nigerians you thieving politicians are sharing.

Useless and shady lots.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by cbnileowo: 6:49am On Sep 04, 2018
oga leave and your political career gone like Iyanya career..
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Jorge22(m): 6:56am On Sep 04, 2018
Wetin concern me with Buhari matter
I am currently enjoying the on-going rap battle between self proclaimed Rap God Eminem and the Rap Devil MGK
http://dquartz.com/machine-gun-kelly-on-eminem-new-diss-song-fck-rap-god-im-the-rap-devil/
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by israelmao(m): 6:59am On Sep 04, 2018
The next exodus will give a nostalgic feeling.
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Nobody: 7:01am On Sep 04, 2018
Buhari paints the picture of a tough man on the outside but deep down inside he'd be wetting his pampers with pee.

So he had to ordinary senator?
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by itchie: 7:05am On Sep 04, 2018
Na you sabi
Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Nobody: 7:09am On Sep 04, 2018
prevail or no prevail direct primaries will determine your fate. Your constitutients will accept or condem you

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by jaxxy(m): 7:10am On Sep 04, 2018
I’m beginning to think direct primaries is a good thing in itself. I don’t know how it be applied bt atleast older politicians don’t get to dictate who wins the primaries. It’s an open playing field now and u have to deserve it to get it.

Mr Senator ure on ur own.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by abefeb1(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2018
chrisley:

With the gross ineptitude of this present government and surge in deflections.. it will take a miracle for Buhari to retain his saddle after the election next year

If I were him I wouldn't even contest

oga stop deceiving yourself, buhari has no contenders or opponents that's just the fact, this man will win that remain the truth . I see him winning this election. take it or leave it

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Prevailed On Me Not To Leave APC – Sen. Tejuoso by Exponental(m): 7:27am On Sep 04, 2018
SLT is a baby politician. I hope he survives his actions cos he is now sitting on the fence for such action. PdP won't trust neither will APC.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Labaran Maku Still In The Governorship Race / Festus Keyamo: As Minister, No Law Stops Me From Serving As APC Spokesperson / Buhari: Four Days In Office, Achievements So Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.