Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,987 members, 7,806,872 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:44 AM

Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. (5504 Views)

Woman Quits Job To Become 1950s Housewife Because "Husbands Should Be Spoiled" / Husbands Should Abstain From Breastfeeding Wives For 6 Months - Medical DG / Nigerian Couple Show Why Husbands Should Help Their Wives At Home. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 4:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
If you have a marriage where only the husband shows love to his wife because the Bible said men should live their wives then it means the wife is not under any obligation to show concern or love for him. She can practically see him as a roommate and she won't be wrong after all the Bible didn't say wives show love.

So therefore husband should also submit to wife just as wife should also show love.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Hawx(m): 4:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
You are wrong ma! God knows that man showing his wife love will make her to love him back and even submit without being coerced. Women love being shown love by demonstrating it and in response, they respect the man and submit to him willingly. Meanwhile, there is a place in the bible that talks about women being admonished to love their husbands as well - Titus 2:3-4

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Nobody: 4:28pm On Sep 04, 2018
I'm tired of this shlt undecided

5 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Mariangeles(f): 4:30pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

If you have a marriage where only the husband shows love to his wife because the Bible said men should live their wives then it means the wife is not under any obligation to show concern or love for him. She can practically see him as a roommate and she won't be wrong after all the Bible didn't say wives show love.

So therefore husband should also submit to wife just as wife should also show love.
Submit to their wives in what sense exactly ??

7 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Oluwasaeon(m): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
You've said NONSENSE!

10 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by slivertongue: 4:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
Stick to biblical theology. the bible is clear on husband &wife matters.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
Submit to their wives in what sense exactly ??

In what sense are women to submit to husbands?
Thats the sense I am talking about.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 4:39pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oluwasaeon:
You've said NONSENSE!

hahaha, e pain am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
slivertongue:
Stick to biblical theology. the bible is clear on husband &wife matters.
I sticked to biblical ideology naa,
As wife should join husband in showing love so also husband join wife in submitting

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Mariangeles(f): 4:40pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

The Bible admonished men to honour their wives...that is greater if you ask me

8 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Mariangeles:
The Bible admonished men to honour their wives...that is greater if you ask me

You are not getting the point.
Even if the bible said husbands should love their wives, it doesn't mean the wife doesn't have responsibility of showing her husband love abi?

Likewise submission in marriage should be carried out sometimes by the husband and sometimes by the wife. The husband submits to wife's decisions if she is smarter in the area where the decision is to be made.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by donbachi(m): 6:10pm On Sep 04, 2018
We don submit siinnnnnce....both in body and in cash...i know no wetin remain to submit again.

1 Like

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by postmann: 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

You're just a juvenile recalcitrant at worse or an attention seeking female suffering from hormonal mismanagement.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by GoodFaith: 9:14pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

Husband has being submitting to their wives for year
I want
I want
what does husband say ok and ok

1 Like

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by patani(m): 9:29pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

You are not getting the point.
Even if the bible said husbands should love their wives, it doesn't mean the wife doesn't have responsibility of showing her husband love abi?

Likewise submission in marriage should be carried out sometimes by the husband and sometimes by the wife. The husband submits to wife's decisions if she is smarter in the area where the decision is to be made.

This one is having some brain touch. You better wake up miss. Your analysis lack substance. Even without bible saying it, human nature tend to support patriarchy. I am sure you as a woman is attracted to strong, confident and alpha male. I will advise you stop taking weed and focus on your education ( provided you have one anyway)

10 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Ademidd: 9:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
...this feminism issue is getting stale already. Everyone now using it to seek attention undecided

8 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 10:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ademidd:
...this feminism issue is getting stale already. Everyone now using it to seek attention undecided

Lol, this topic isn't about feminism smiley
Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by yvelchstores(f): 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Sister, biko understand the Bible. It's God who created man and woman so he knows what they want most. Ask any reasonable man to choose between respect and love, he will choose respect. Ask the woman between respect and love, she will choose love. God gave u the brain in Ur head, don't try to outsmart him, u can't. To be happy just follow scripture as it is. Tq

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Ademidd: 10:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

Lol, this topic isn't about feminism smiley
no wahala then smiley

1 Like

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 10:24pm On Sep 04, 2018
yvelchstores:
Sister, biko understand the Bible. It's God who created man and woman so he knows what they want most. Ask any reasonable man to choose between respect and love, he will choose respect. Ask the woman between respect and love, she will choose love. God gave u the brain in Ur head, don't try to outsmart him, u can't. To be happy just follow scripture as it is. Tq
So men don't desire love at all?

And women don't want any type of respect from their man?

It goes both ways na, both husband and wife should love and respect each other, you can't have a marriage where the husband is the only one displaying love and affection while the wife doesn't reciprocate or the wife is the only one showing her husband respect and the man does not respect her at all.

Thats the point of this thread. Both of them should love each other even though the Bible says husband love your wife and both should submit when necessary even if that directive is given to only the wife. If the husband always has the upper hand in 100% of decision making that wouldn't be a healthy marriage, it would be tyranny and dictatorship. He should submit to his wife's need sometimes. Just like she submits to his needs.

peace.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by donpata(m): 11:32pm On Sep 04, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

It goes both ways na, both husband and wife should love and respect each other, you can't have a marriage where the husband is the only one displaying love and affection while the wife doesn't reciprocate or the wife is the only one showing her husband respect and the man does not respect her at all.

Thats the point of this thread. Both of them should love each other even though the Bible says husband love your wife and both should submit when necessary even if that directive is given to only the wife. If the husband always has the upper hand in 100% of decision making that wouldn't be a healthy marriage, it would be tyranny and dictatorship. He should submit to his wife's need sometimes. Just like she submits to his needs.

peace.

What u are saying holds no water. The biblical expectation of submission is not possible for a man cos of the way he is wired. There can't be 2 heads in the home. From time immemorial, the pattern has been the woman under the man and the man loving the woman.

Your argument abi question abt whether the man shld not love his wife at all is laughable. Whether a Christian or not, man (male and female) naturally love. Besides, Scripture teaches that the greatest command is to love God. The 2nd is to love others as urself. Sooooo, marriage aside, Scripture expects Christians to love.

Lastly, God's 'foolishness' is greater than ur greatest 'wisdom.' He wired men and women and knows their individual needs. i am married and I interpret my wife's respect for me as a part of love. Respect is paramount. I see love in her respect. For her though, her greatest needs are to say the sweet words to her, buy gifts, take her out, provide for her, hold and cuddle her, protect her, etc. That is her interpretation of love and most of those are things I care less abt.

Plus abt decision making, the man is responsible if his home shatters. Sooooo, every major decision that will have significant impact on the family must be vetted by him.

Sooooo, go get some biblical and biological education

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by cococandy(f): 1:32am On Sep 05, 2018
You can’t be married without love and submission from both parties. It’s impossible.

Some people get high blood pressure when men are mentioned in the same statement with submission but they don’t react the same way when women love their husbands.

Why? It shows insincerity. If y’all are so stuck on the Bible, you would get hyperventilatory when you hear of women loving their husbands since the Bible didn’t command them to do so, the same way you get when you hear of men submitting to their wives.

Wisdom shows that both go hand in hand. A man can’t love his wife without submitting to her. And a woman can’t submit to a man she doesn’t love. Both genders need to do both.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by crackhaus: 2:36am On Sep 05, 2018
Another simpleton on the loose cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by crackhaus: 2:44am On Sep 05, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

If you have a marriage where only the husband shows love to his wife [s]because the Bible said men should live their wives then it means the wife is not under any obligation to show concern or love for him.[/s] She can practically see him as a roommate and she won't be wrong after all the Bible didn't say wives show love.

Kindly read the Bible and stop embarrassing yourself.

There are at least three instances in the new testament where women are told/taught how to love their husbands.

4 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 6:01am On Sep 05, 2018
cococandy:
You can’t be married without love and submission from both parties. It’s impossible.

Some people get high blood pressure when men are mentioned in the same statement with submission but they don’t react the same way when women love their husbands.

Why? It shows insincerity. If y’all are so stuck on the Bible, you would get hyperventilatory when you hear of women loving their husbands since the Bible didn’t command them to do so, the same way you get when you hear of men submitting to their wives.

Wisdom shows that both go hand in hand. A man can’t love his wife without submitting to her. And a woman can’t submit to a man she doesn’t love. Both genders need to do both.

Nigerian men are something else, you see that they realize the total submission thing is nothing but tyranny and wickedness but they don't mind forcing women to accept it. How can you claim to love a person and you cannot even let the persons decision hold sway over yours at any point in time in the relationship? Even when it concerns something that is very dear to her heart?

Total submission from wives is no longer marriage for heavens sake. It pure and unadulterated slavery, lmao grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 6:15am On Sep 05, 2018
crackhaus:
Another simpleton on the loose cheesy

Oga let's be adults here, I know you have been on this forum for years now and you are certainly not a child so a let's not start posting insults like the 100 level undergraduates on Nairaland that go about shouting Afonja and flat_head and ewedu on Nairaland.
Be civil.
crackhaus:

Kindly read the Bible and stop embarrassing yourself.

There are at least three instances in the new testament where women are told/taught how to love their husbands.

The verse of the Bible that asks men to love their wives, if you interpret it correctly, you cannot separate his submitting to her in the process of showing her love. Since you want to get technical.
In 1 Peter 3:7. husbands are told to live with their wives in an understanding way, and show her honor so that their prayers will not be hindered, the verse is commanding men to honor their wives, to honor means to regard someone with great respect and high esteem. How can you respect your wife and you cannot trust her enough to let her make final decisions that affect you at all in the marriage?

And Ephesians 5:25 commands husbands to love their wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, This one outrightly asks men to give themselves up for their wives. if that isn't submitting themselves for her wellbeing then I don't know what it is.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by cococandy(f): 6:25am On Sep 05, 2018
Well it’s even unbiblical to act that way no matter what anyone says. because the Bible does task men to honor their wives. You can’t say you honor someone when you lord over them. People obviously take the bits that fit into their twisted personal agenda and make themselves the spokesmen for God.

If you didn’t know better, You would think God exists for the glory of the male gender. But you know better.
CHoccolaTE:

Nigerian men are something else, you see that they realize the total submission thing is nothing but tyranny and wickedness but they don't mind forcing women to accept it. How can you claim to love a person and you cannot even let the persons decision hold sway over yours at any point in time in the relationship? Even when it concerns something that is very dear to her heart?

Total submission from wives is no longer marriage for heavens sake. It pure and unadulterated slavery, lmao grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by crackhaus: 6:32am On Sep 05, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

Oga let's be adults here, I know you have been on this forum for years now and you are certainly not a child so a let's not start posting insults like the 100 level undergraduates on Nairaland that go about shouting Afonja and flat_head and ewedu on Nairaland.
Be civil.
Calling you a simpleton is not an insult, it just means your understanding and interpretation of the bible is skin-deep.

The verse of the Bible that asks men to love their wives, if you interpret it correctly, you cannot separate his submitting to her in the process of showing her love. Since you want to get technical.
In 1 Peter 3:7. husbands are told to live with their wives in an understanding way, and show her honor so that their prayers will not be hindered, the verse is commanding men to honor their wives, to honor means to regard someone with great respect and high esteem. How can you respect your wife and you cannot trust her enough to let her make final decisions that affect you at all in the marriage?
You're drawing parallels where you shouldn't.

Who on God's earth told you that when a woman submits to her husband, she automatically loses the right to also make some final decisions?

And Ephesians 5:25 commands husbands to love their wives, just as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself up for her, This one outrightly asks men to give themselves up for their wives. if that isn't submitting themselves for her wellbeing then I don't know what it is.

Okay you just like the idea of a husband also submitting to his wife, OBVIOUSLY.

Well I'm sure the man you're in a relationship with already submits to you, that should be all what matters.

7 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by CHoccolaTE: 7:27am On Sep 05, 2018
crackhaus:

Calling you a simpleton is not an insult, it just means your understanding and interpretation of the bible is skin-deep.

You're drawing parallels where you shouldn't.

Who on God's earth told you that when a woman submits to her husband, she automatically loses the right to also make some final decisions?

Okay you just like the idea of a husband also submitting to his wife, OBVIOUSLY.

Well I'm sure the man you're in a relationship with already submits to you, that should be all what matters.

It's really not about me to be honest.
Everyday on Facebook I see different horror stories of women who are being treated like crap in their marriages by men who consider themselves God's and dictators in their marriage. Marriage is all about mutual love and understanding from both parties not bullying or bossing your partner around because you saw 'wives submit' in the Bible.

This topic is for men ad women that have the wrong idea.

2 Likes

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Exponental(m): 7:42am On Sep 05, 2018
Op must be a professor. Submission includes love while love supersedes all. Love is an expression of stupidity, love will invariably make you submit but you just must lead.
Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
CHoccolaTE:

peace.

Cococandy:

You can’t be married without love and submission from both
parties. It’s impossible.
Some people get high blood pressure when men are
mentioned in the same statement with submission but they
don’t react the same way when women love their husbands.
Why? It shows insincerity. If y’all are so stuck on the Bible,
you would get hyperventilatory when you hear of women
loving their husbands since the Bible didn’t command them
to do so, the same way you get when you hear of men
submitting to their wives.
Wisdom shows that both go hand in hand. A man can’t love
his wife without submitting to her. And a woman can’t
submit to a man she doesn’t love. Both genders need to do
both.

You guys are on the same page.

I've always said it that for a marriage to work submission should be reciprocal.

If submission is one sided it'll always lead to subservience -and that's slavery.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husbands Should Also Submit To Their Wives. by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
cococandy:
Well it’s even unbiblical to act that way no matter what anyone says. because the Bible does task men to honor their wives. You can’t say you honor someone when you lord over them. People obviously take the bits that fit into their twisted personal agenda and make themselves the spokesmen for God.

If you didn’t know better, You would think God exists for the glory of the male gender. But you know better.
What else? The Bible is fake and the GOD character was created by men to glorify themselves.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Adult Daughter Is Too Close To Me. Is It Normal, Appropriate? / Afroman (from The "Cos I Got High" Tune) Knocks Girl Unconscious On Stage(video) / Can You Allow Your Husband Engage In Anal Sex With You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.