Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,792 members, 7,802,516 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:42 PM

'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar (14819 Views)

Buhari: I joined Politics Because I’m Not Corrupt / Osinbajo Says Buhari Is NOT Corrupt, Nigerians React / Only Two People Are Not Corrupt In Nigeria – Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Heavenlyminded: 6:21pm On Sep 04, 2018
Abubakar, was in Ekiti State on Tuesday to consult with Governor Ayo Fayose on his presidential ambition.

Mr Abubakar is seeking the ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party to contest next year’s presidential election.

While speaking in Ado Ekiti during the meeting, Mr Abubakar said allegations of corruption against him are false.

He was vice president under President Olusegun Obasanjo, from 1999 to 2007.

Mr Atiku fell out with his principal shortly after the 2003 elections which the PDP won. He was later accused of involvement in corrupt practices for which he was investigated by the Senate.

The Senate in 2006 carried out an investigation through an ad hoc committee of the Senate headed by Victor Ndoma-Egba, and in its report released in 2007, found him guilty of helping himself with funds belonging to the Petroleum Training Development Fund (PTDF).

Mr Abubakar consistently denied the allegations, accusing Mr Obasanjo and the Senate of political persecution and attempting to stop his ambition of becoming president.

In pursuit of his ambition, Mr Abubakar recently dumped the All Progressives Congress (APC) for the PDP, and is one of the leading aspirants in the party.

He told delegates in Ado Ekiti on Tuesday to be united ahead of the 2019 general elections, saying PDP has a good prognosis to win the presidential poll if leaders exhibited extraordinary commitments.

“I have always said that if they have any evidence of corruption against Atiku, please come forward. But nobody has been able to come forward,” he said.

It will be his second time in Ekiti State since he returned to the PDP. He was received by Ekiti State prospective delegates as well as Mr Fayose.

He noted that he had a well packaged and distinct blueprint to develop the country if elected to succeed President Muhammadu Buhari.

He however, lamented that the country had sunk into more corruption in the administration of President Buhari, and that even during the civil war, Nigeria had not been as insecure as the country was in this dispensation.

“I have come to appeal to you to support me in our party’s convention. I have the programme that will best develop this country. I wish to appeal for your individual and collective support,” he said.

He described Mr Fayose as a straight forward person, who spoke his mind when it mattered.

“I like the way you do things. You’re brutally frank. You say your mind, it’s a very rare quality. So, I commend for who you are,” he commended the governor.

“We will stand by you and the party in Ekiti until you retrieve your stolen mandate,” he said, referring to the July governorship election in the state won by the APC.

Mr Fayose called for unity of the members of the party, saying Mr Abubakar has what it takes to lead the country, praying that his efforts would not be in vain.

He also charged the party on unity, saying, “the greatest problem PDP may have is if we don’t go to that election as brothers and sisters.”

“The task before the PDP at this time is not about who has been in the party before and who is just joining. It is about rescuing Nigeria and its people from the calamity of this Buhari’s government,” Mr Fayose asserted.

The PDP state chairman, Gboyega Oguntuwase, said “we have an interest within this your project and by the grace of God, we want this your project to succeed. Nigeria shall laugh, Ekiti shall laugh.

“Atiku is the option to a ‘lifeless president.’ He’s not dead, but he is not somebody that can be counted to lead Nigeria to the promised land.”

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/282506-2019-i-am-not-corrupt-atiku.html

5 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Afamed: 6:33pm On Sep 04, 2018
Until you return from US unblemished

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by nelronaldo(m): 6:36pm On Sep 04, 2018
He is not corrupt

6 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
Afamed:
Until you return from US unblemished
When does going to the USA become a constituinal requirement before you become a President, besides he is not a travel person. Stay Nigeria to make Nigeria grow, if there is one person that so much believe in the Nigerian dream it's definitely ATIKU

85 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 04, 2018
If you think he's corrupt,all naija politicians are corrupt too,i don't like atiku but he's better,smarter and not cunning like buhari..

if you are so sure of his corruption,charge him to court...

file a case against him and follow due process ,he doesnt have impunity so why rant about corruption when there are no case against him

33 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by yarimo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

When does going to the USA become a constituinal requirement before you become a President, besides he is not a travel person. Stay Nigeria to make Nigeria grow, if there is one person that so much believe in the Nigerian dream it's definitely ATIKU
ATIKU must go to US

84 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by yarimo(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Menac:
If you think he's corrupt,all naija politicians are corrupt too,i don't like atiku but he's better,smarter and not cunning like buhari..
for your mind abi?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 7:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
yarimo:
ATIKU must go to US
Show me in the constitution then I will buy your idea

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by ivandragon: 7:42pm On Sep 04, 2018
lol...

atiku atiku...

well,

when you have a monumental disaster of hurricane proportions that is pmb, a heavy rain begins to look preferable...

5 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Jaynom(m): 8:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
Lol grin

2 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by AngelicBeing: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
shocked

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
We know grin
Sheybe stealing is not corruption grin grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by makky555(f): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
And I am Queen Elizabeth smiley kiss

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Olalan(m): 8:03pm On Sep 04, 2018
Seems he thinks we are all foolish

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by dermmy(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Ok. You are angel Michael
Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by seunroom: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
He gets my vote, anybody is better than Buahri

18 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Nobody: 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Another “stealing is not corruption” advocate spotted

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by yjgm(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Tell the upcoming generation.

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Dacronym(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Wow, I would pay back all these politicians vs elite one or the other before I die you ppl are just not cooperative if not we could make millions
This Idiot! angry person wey no reach Atiku For Customs those days Get Billions worth of Property for Ikoyi Abuja, mainland and Ogun State, and some ppl would still vote for him smh painful

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Muyiwaipere(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
Oya everybody drop your own

My mummy is a virgin cheesy

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Jaynom(m): 8:04pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

Forget dis yarn. He cannot go to the US. Him don commit plenty fraud

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
go to USA

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by contigiency(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
Who asked him?

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by directorola1(m): 8:05pm On Sep 04, 2018
no no no, you are not. we 9ja youth knew that you are not corrupt

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by gift2xl: 8:06pm On Sep 04, 2018
BIG BIG TALK
Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Enmas078(m): 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
[quote author=yarimo post=70903903]ATIKU must go to US [/quote

LOL.
He can never step his feet in US...

1 Like

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Pavore9: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
Yes, he is not corrupt. cheesy
Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by stevolution5: 8:07pm On Sep 04, 2018
We live among some evil spirits here in nigeria, and all they wanna do is pull this nation to the ground, look at these atiku supporters all you see written on them are demons,.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by Eprolist: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
here
Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by seyiseyi11: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
CROWNWEALTH019:

How much them give u

How

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
My mother is a virgin

6 Likes

Re: 'I Am Not Corrupt' - Atiku Abubakar by tetralogyfallot(m): 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
Atiku will u keep quiet?

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Caretaker Committee Holds Inaugural Meeting In Abuja / Spanish Ambassador, Marcelino Ansorena Visits Senator Orji Kalu (photos) / Adeyeye: I Won’t Be Shocked If Another Northerner Succeeds Buhari In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.