Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,521 members, 7,808,901 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:59 PM

Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? (14097 Views)

See The Shocking Note , The Man Who Broke My Side Mirror Placed On My Windscreen / Lady Stops Her Car To Chase Stubborn Windscreen Cleaner Away In Lagos / Man Filmed Driving A Self-made Car On The Streets Of Lagos (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by rosebase(f): 7:25pm On Sep 04, 2018
Hello house,
i want to know if I will be disturbed by either police or frsc from driving it from lagos to ibadan.

Thanks.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Alvin007: 7:41pm On Sep 04, 2018
rosebase:
Hello house,
i want to know if I will be disturbed by either police or frsc from driving it from lagos to ibadan.

Thanks.
The FRSC might issue you a ticket.
My advice; Fix the screen before traveling, or travel very early in the morning, or late in the evening.

21 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by thesicilian: 8:08pm On Sep 04, 2018
It's just a way for the government to make more money, otherwise why should anyone be penalized because of a cracked windshield that does not obstruct your vision?

Better to just change or fix the screen though, to avoid unnecessary road safety or police stress.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by rosebase(f): 9:01pm On Sep 04, 2018
Alvin007:

My advice; Fix the screen before traveling, or travel very early in the morning, or late in the evening.
ok thanks, like how much is the ticket?
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by rosebase(f): 9:02pm On Sep 04, 2018
thesicilian:

It's just a way for the government to make more money, otherwise why should anyone be penalized because of a cracked windshield that does not obstruct your vision?

Better to just change or fix the screen though, to avoid unnecessary road safety or police stress.
ok thanks
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Alvin007: 9:15pm On Sep 04, 2018
rosebase:

ok thanks, like how much is the ticket?
My pleasure. #3,000 only.

2 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by rosebase(f): 11:43pm On Sep 04, 2018
Alvin007:
My pleasure. #3,000 only.
thanks
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by directonpc(m): 8:07am On Sep 05, 2018
There aint many police check points on Lagos Ibadan Express way sha.

Extra
Hello there, I am a software developer at Build Brothers NG, at Build Brothers we are a team of passionate people that develop web and mobile apps that help solve real life problems.

One of our innovative products is the USSD Banking app with over 1,500 installs on Google play.

Do you have a business that needs a good mobile app to make processes easier?
Do you have an app Idea and need extra technical hands?

Reach us on WhatsApp, call, or send an email. details below: (we are on WhatsApp 24/7). Thank you!

4 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Swegzfreak: 8:08am On Sep 05, 2018
grin

BUYING GIFT CARDS @VERY SEXY RATES, COME TO WHATSAPP, CHECK MY PROFILE AND SIGNATURE FOR CONTACT
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Donjcco(m): 8:08am On Sep 05, 2018
Even though you would not be arrested, its paramount for you own safety and others. Some other drivers could be distracted as a result of wondering over your cracked screen and it could possibly lead to disaster. Thanks.

4 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by sleemfesh: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
Guys he knows he should fix it but what AR his options here before fixing it.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by dingbang(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
Just keep 100naira for them boiz..

If you know, you know

6 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by YurFatHer: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
why should I be arrested?

will their daddy give me money to fix the screen?

16 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by akinszz: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
Picture of cracked windshield or I don't believe in.....

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Alejoc(m): 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
You will be arrested for lesser offence on some bad days!
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by kesmiraAutos: 8:09am On Sep 05, 2018
You won't be arrested, you only be penalized by Road safety officials if they manage to see it. Police doesn't look at windshield. It's better you just fix it to avoid unnecessary disturbances since you are making a trip. Safe.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by thorpido(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2018
Yes,not arrested but will be fined.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Alejoc(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2018
You will be arrested for lesser offence on some bad days!
rosebase:
Hello house,

Thanks.

As a lady, you may be spared though
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Edopesin: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2018
Alvin007:

FRSC DEY ISSUE TICKET
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 05, 2018
Windscreen na 13-15 k
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Donjcco(m): 8:10am On Sep 05, 2018
thesicilian:

Why u dey talk like that,,, its Very necessary for safety measures.. The life every person is worth more than #3000 or more
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by sleemfesh: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2018
omopoly007:
good day fellow nairalanders,
Pls am in a very tight situation now. Am a final year student in Moshood Abiola Polytechnic, I lost my part time job recently, which left me confused on how to pay for my final year tuition fee,.
I've tried every possible means, it's still not working out. I decided to swallow my pride and cry out here before my school portal closes.

Pls am not lying with this, God knows am seriously depressed now. The remaining tuition fee is 35k.
Pls good people of this forum help me and am also an orphan trying to make life better for myself.

This my number below
O8O.8352.5526

So you opened a Nairaland account just to post this first?

6 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by israelmao(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2018
It should part road worthiness of vehicle but do they care in this country?
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by obaataaokpaewu: 8:12am On Sep 05, 2018
rosebase:
Hello house,

Thanks.
Make VIO no catch you oh grin

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Omoboricash(m): 8:12am On Sep 05, 2018
No matter how perfect your papers and all required document, pray you don't fall into FRSC, I was unfortunate to serve into hand of road safety officer, he asked of heaven and earth which I gave to him. At the end he started checking my tire one after the other including spare tire. You cant believe this guy booked me for one expired tire. To God who made me that would be the first time in my life to heard of expired tire. I begged this man but booked me
My advice don't even try it,, no matter what frsc would have one or two thing to book you

8 Likes

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by kennosklint(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
In Nigeria NO but in other part of the world kirikiri straight
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by omopoly007: 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
sleemfesh:

So you opened a Nairaland account just to post this first?
Yes cos I only use to be a guest
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Ferdinandu(m): 8:13am On Sep 05, 2018
I have been arrested and had to pay fine for that by VIO

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by lawrence35(m): 8:15am On Sep 05, 2018
You won't be arrested....

That statement depends on how bad the crack is.

Start dropshipping, see my signature.
Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by bluefilm: 8:15am On Sep 05, 2018
Omoboricash:
No matter how perfect your papers and all required document, pray you don't fall into FRSC, I was unfortunate to serve into hand of road safety officer, he asked of heaven and earth which I gave to him. At the end he started checking my tire one after the other including spare tire. You cant believe this guy booked me for one expired tire. To God who made me that would be the first time in my life to heard of expired tire. I begged this man but booked me
My advice don't even try it,, no matter what frsc would have one or two thing to book you

Words of wisdom.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Would One Be Arrested If Driving A Car With A Cracked Windscreen? by Pillarofpillar(m): 8:16am On Sep 05, 2018
Nobody will arrest you. just have your N2000 penalty with waste of time at the bank should Road Safety victimize you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Upgrading 03/04 Corolla To 05/06 / Mercedes-Maybach Teases Luxurious New Concept For 2018 Beijing Auto show / Top 12 Least Expensive Cars To Maintain In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.