Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,518 members, 7,801,385 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 02:36 PM

Christ Mind - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christ Mind (2755 Views)

God Of The Old Testament Was Very Strict Before The Advent Of Jesus Christ / Meditation on The Omnipresence Of The Christ Mind / Ovie Okorodudu, Christ Embassy Pastor, Accused Of Fraud On Facebook (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:00pm On Oct 07, 2018
budaatum:

You shouid have made it a wine colour or bold black that will have tell well whatever you mean.
Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 11:06pm On Oct 07, 2018
vaxx:
lol...

You budaatum is attributing the biblical Jesus to Socrates and Plato . I am assuming you are joking. It is like me saying ORUNMILA had so many deep insight explanation to most of the issues related to life and hence a philosopher. I actually don't think he will qualifiy unless I am being biased.( though he is consider a sage but will not be taking as a philosopher today )

Jesus idea was not unique, many religious leaders of his time across major tribes preaches similar idea. "" live your dammm business and follow me to go do my stuffs""

Jesus was silent on so many things. For example, he says nothing on creations, epistemology nko ? He says he is not here to change the law, so the idea that the people of his time understand God was assumed , even the idea of you can not come to daddy except me the son was not a rigourous logic. It failed flat. Permit me to say. John 3 vs 16 should have been taking from the bible. Whoever wrote it did a bad job and likewise
On meta-ethics, I doubt he says anything.

I believe he exist, the evidence is enough to convince me but there is no evidence that he was familiar with the rich body of work from earlier Greek philosophers (the famous three - Socrates, Plato and Aristotle - all lived way before Jesus)..who will have change his method or views of thinking.

Well, the bible depict him as a learned figure.

Just as JK Rowling depicts Harry Potter as a smart little wizard..

Make the connection your self,
JK Rowling s in this case will be Eusebius. The master forger..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:10pm On Oct 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

I personally ask you once to provide whatever you have as evidence against Jesus nonexistence. Can you pls do i want to read your veiw.....

Eusebius is an important christain figure , mind you.
Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 11:16pm On Oct 07, 2018
budaatum:

There was an error with your link. I've corrected it above.

It is common for the doctrine of the new gods to be built on the ruins of the old, despite Christ alleged to have said, "you can't put new wines in old bottles". It in fact was literally the case that old bottles were always recycled. Who, after all could afford to throw them away?!

It is said that the Church had a policy of tagging Christianity on to indigenous religions and gods as it made them more acceptable to the locals. The Metropolitan Cathedral of the Assumption of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary into Heavens is a case in point. It was built atop the former Aztec sacred precinct where rituals and sacrifices dedicated to a pantheon of different deities were performed.

It might be what has been attempted with the bolt on of Christ to Yahweh, except the Yahweh idea could not be killed off, yet. It most likely is also why some Yorubas see Orunmila and Yahweh as the same entity despite them having almost nothing in common.

Or Olodumare and Yaweh, same idea different nomenclature

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:22pm On Oct 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

Or Olodumare and Yaweh, same idea different nomenclature
He made a blunder there which I let go. ORUNMILA is never likened to Yahweh. It is rather olodumare. And I agree it is a poor attempt.

Another mischievous claim is the new idea within trado christo. ( the new name i coined for those who are both traditionalist and Christian)is likened Jesus to orumila which is another poor attempt.

1 Like

Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 11:25pm On Oct 07, 2018
vaxx:
I have personally ask you once to provide whatever you have as evidence against Jesus nonexistence. Can you pls do i want to read your veiw.....

Eusebius is an important christain figure , mind you.

Google "the forged origin of the new testament" it is a good research by Tony Bushey...

In a good Friday bouquet In 1514, pope Leo x, raised his chalice and said " How profitable this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors"

What really clinched it for me was the fact that there is absolutely no connection with the old testament.. It's like me adding a biology textbook at the end of a physics textbook and giving it a new name..

Check for "the jesus the jews never knew" on Amazon, it's a good read

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

Gibbon also wrote:

"It must be confessed that the ministers of the Catholic Church imitated the profane model which they were impatient to destroy. The most respectable bishops had persuaded themselves that the ignorant rustics would more cheerfully renounce the superstitions of Paganism if they found some resemblance, some compensation, in the bosom of Christianity. The religion of Constantine achieved in less than a century the final conquest of the Roman empire; but the victors themselves were insensibly subdued by the arts of their vanquished rivals" (Gibbon, Rome, vol. iii. p. 163).

1 Like

Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:31pm On Oct 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

Google "the forged origin of the new testament" it is a good research by Tony Bushey...

In a good Friday bouquet In 1514, pope Leo x, raised his chalice and said " How profitable this fable of Christ has been for us and our predecessors"

What really clinched it for me was the fact that there is absolutely no connection with the old testament.. It's like me adding a biology textbook at the end of a physics textbook and giving it a new name..

Check for "the jesus the jews never knew" on Amazon, it's a good read
hmmmm, what about exegesis used by bible scholars
Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 11:35pm On Oct 07, 2018
vaxx:
hmmmm, what about exegesis used by bible scholars

Most of the time it is out of context quotations...
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
sonmvayina:

Most of the time it is out of context quotations...
i see where you are coming from.. but not all the time . so many effort had been invested to proto- evangelium that is even study as part of theology program in the uni.

It is a serious research business. Though it comes with own flaws. But there are good reasons to see logic in it.
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
vaxx:

You budaatum is attributing the biblical Jesus to Socrates and Plato . I am assuming you are joking. It is like me saying ORUNMILA had so many deep insight explanation to most of the issues related to life and hence a philosopher. I actually don't think he will qualifiy unless I am being biased.( though he is consider a sage but will not be taking as a philosopher today )
Socrates and Orunmila… Putting Premium On Africa’s Indigenous Philosophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrrpo4mxFkI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 11:53pm On Oct 07, 2018
budaatum:

Socrates and Orunmila… Putting Premium On Africa’s Indigenous Philosophy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nrrpo4mxFkI
I know madam Sophie very well. Not just on video here. i have been wanting to get that book anyway......i have that video with me already.

Her idea are brilliant and i welcome her veiw.
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 12:03am On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:

Meta-ethics addresses questions such as "What is goodness?" and "How can we tell what is good from what is bad?", seeking to understand the nature of ethical properties and evaluations

I suggest you read the Gospels!
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 12:36am On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

Meta-ethics addresses questions such as "What is goodness?" and "How can we tell what is good from what is bad?", seeking to understand the nature of ethical properties and evaluations

I suggest you read the Gospels!
Ok I will. If all these can be gotten from the gospel.
Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 6:34am On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
i see where you are coming from.. but not all the time . so many effort had been invested to proto- evangelium that is even study as part of theology program in the uni.

It is a serious research business. Though it comes with own flaws. But there are good reasons to see logic in it.

I don't think so.. Have you really studied or seen the basics..?

Take for example, the book of Isaiah, chapter 45:7,which says "I form the light and creates darkness, I make well being and create disaster I the Lord do all these things.
Then his supposed son in New testament is saying some one else is responsible for evil, darkness and disaster.. It does not make any sense..
The old testament is a unitary system of belief where God is 1,and responsible for both good and evil, while the new testament is a dualistic belief with separate Gods for good and evil..
I don't know if I am communicating with you?
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 10:15am On Oct 08, 2018
sonmvayina:

I don't think so.. Have you really studied or seen the basics..?

Take for example, the book of Isaiah, chapter 45:7,which says "I form the light and creates darkness, I make well being and create disaster I the Lord do all these things.
Then his supposed son in New testament is saying some one else is responsible for evil, darkness and disaster.. It does not make any sense..
The old testament is a unitary system of belief where God is 1,and responsible for both good and evil, while the new testament is a dualistic belief with separate Gods for good and evil..
I don't know if I am communicating with you?

""The true philological spirit, or critical spirit, or scholarly spirit, in biblical interpretation has as its goal to discover the original meaning and intention of the text. Its goal is exegesis --to lead the meaning out of the text and shuns eisogesis --bringing a meaning to the text."" Anonymous .

Exegesis focus is to arrive at objectivity and any form of personal interpretation is highly discarded.

Have you read the exegesis meaning of that verse?

This are simply my own opinion.
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 10:29am On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:

Exegesis focus is to arrive at objectivity and any form of personal interpretation is highly discarded.
And in your own experience, would you say people who claim to exegesise discard personal interpretation?

1 Like

Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:

""The true philological spirit, or critical spirit, or scholarly spirit, in biblical interpretation has as its goal to discover the original meaning and intention of the text. Its goal is exegesis --to lead the meaning out of the text and shuns eisogesis --bringing a meaning to the text."" Anonymous .

Have you read the exegesis meaning of that verse?

This are simply my own opinion.

Yes I have.. From wide range of authorities.. In such fields.
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 2:08pm On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

And in your own experience, would you say people who claim to exegesise discard personal interpretation?
Based on my own findings , the exegesis are based on two things and that is all what interpretation of Scripture depends: which is the process of discovering what is needed to learn, and the process of presenting what have been learned.
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 2:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
sonmvayina:

Yes I have.. From wide range of authorities.. In such fields.
And your conclusion is the verse has no no correlation with the latest verse.

1 Like

Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
Based on my own findings , the exegesis are based on two things and that is all what interpretation of Scripture depends: which is the process of discovering what is needed to learn, and the process of presenting what have been learned.
Can you point out references to "personal interpretations" in the above statement?
Re: Christ Mind by sonmvayina(m): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
And your conclusion is the verse has no no correlation with the latest verse.

Not at all, they

Most who differ are Christian apologetics... Not real Jewish rabii who explains from historical and theological perspectives.
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 4:36pm On Oct 08, 2018
sonmvayina:

Not at all, they

Most who differ are Christian apologetics... Not real Jewish rabii who explains from historical and theological perspectives.
Christianity is derived from Judaism. It is a product of Greek influence on Jewish religious philosophy and practices. The Christians apologetic had enough understanding of Greek philosophy and they adopt it to find the authentic meaning of the bible. This is what brought exegesis.

It will be too erroneous to discard their entire research of Jesus based on the proto evangelium techniques .

It will mean the bible in its whole entirety is wrong. (I mean both old and new testament).
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 4:42pm On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

Can you point out references to "personal interpretations" in the above statement?
This two things are objective method and that is the scientific study of the gospel. (Some say pseudoscience anyway)because they do not always arrive at the same conclusion.

Therefore exegesis is basically the same method but may arrive at different interpretation.
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 7:12pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
This two things are objective method and that is the scientific study of the gospel. (Some say pseudoscience anyway)because they do not always arrive at the same conclusion.

Therefore exegesis is basically the same method but may arrive at different interpretation.
Are you avoiding answering the question, or did you not understand it?

Can you point out references to "personal interpretations" (and thereby, subjective) in your statement?
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 7:19pm On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

Are you avoiding answering the question, or did you not understand it?

Can you point out references to "personal interpretations" (and thereby, subjective) in your statement?

I have explain it in details. And when I say they do not always arrive at the same conclusion. It simply means there are diffrence perspective from personal interpretation or independent body.

Catholic understanding of bible is different from Anglican. .
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 7:31pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
I have explain it in details. And when I say they do not always arrive at the same conclusion. It simply means there are diffrence perspective from personal interpretation or independent body.

Catholic understanding of bible is different from Anglican. .

Vaxx, are you admitting that while one may claim one is exegesising, objectively, one may in truth be being subjective, and even eisegetic?

Are "different perspective" and "personal interpretation" not both subjective?
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 7:51pm On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

Vaxx, are you admitting that while one may claim one is exegesising, objectively, one may in truth be being subjective, and even eisegetic?

Are "different perspective" and "personal interpretation" not both subjective?

Once the goal of defending a particular theological position replaces that goal of objectivity, biblical interpretation becomes a matter of pitting my theological prejudice against yours and it is done to favour desire and not the scope ( this is definitely subjective ). So i belief it is this approach that is causing the biggest challengies in church today.

This is why some people called the entire theology diciplne pseudoscience just like like how social science is consider soft science because of this subjective nature.
Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
Once the goal of defending a particular theological position replaces that goal of objectivity, biblical interpretation becomes a matter of pitting my theological prejudice against yours and it is done to favour desire and not the scope ( this is definitely subjective ). So i belief it is this approach that is causing the biggest challengies in church today.

This is why some people called the entire theology diciplne pseudoscience just like like how social science is consider soft science because of this subjective nature.
So, even exegesising can, and often is, pure subjectivity, right?
Re: Christ Mind by vaxx: 8:07pm On Oct 08, 2018
budaatum:

So, even exegesising can, and often is, pure subjectivity, right?
That is not the goal initially. The Bible expressed itself already. ( love your neighbour as yourself) i think this verse interprets itself without any form of ambiguity. Subjectivity is just simply based on human desire in this category and not the scope. I will agree that many bible apologetic have a penchant for isigesis (reading into the text) as opposed to proper exegesis (a critical explanation or interpretation of a text.
Re: Christ Mind by MuttleyLaff: 10:50pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
lol...You budaatum is attributing the biblical Jesus to Socrates and Plato .
I am assuming you are joking.
It is like me saying ORUNMILA had so many deep insight explanation to most of the issues related to life and hence a philosopher.
I actually don't think he will qualifiy unless I am being biased (though he is consider a sage but will not be taking as a philosopher today)
I can bet my bottom dollar you're arent familiar with Professor Sophie 'Bosede Oluwole also known as Mamalawo
I also doubt you're conversant with her works
or have read any of her books, especially the one titled "Socrates and Ọ̀rúnmìlà: Two Patron Saint of Classical Philosophy"

vaxx:
Jesus idea was not unique,
many religious leaders of his time across major tribes preaches similar idea.
"leave live your dammm business and follow me to go do my stuffs"

Jesus was silent on so many things.
For example, he says nothing on creations,
epistemology nko? He says he is not here to change the law,
so the idea that the people of his time understand
God was assumed, even the idea of you can not come to daddy except me the son was not a rigourous logic.
It failed flat. Permit me to say.
John 3 vs 16 should have been taking from the bible. Whoever wrote it did a bad job and likewise
vaxx, you're innocently unaware of the reason of and/or for Jesus

Jesus, is God, on a mission
To have anything to say on epistemology, meta-ethics or whatnot isnt the objective

vaxx:
I believe he exist, the evidence is enough to convince me
but there is no evidence that he was familiar with the rich body of work from earlier Greek philosophers
(the famous three - Socrates, Plato and Aristotle - all lived way before Jesus)..
who will have change his method or views of thinking.
Maybe you don't or didn't know, that some Greeks, came to worship, and thereafter, expressly wanted to see Jesus.
At this, the disciples relayed the request to Jesus,
but check out, how Jesus responded and what He had to say to the Greeks.
People overlook it and you wont find it explained in Sunday Schools and/or other believers' gathering

Jesus, true to His special modus operandi, immediately expressed Himself to the Greeks, at their level
and indeed spoke with the Greeks, in a way they could understand and relate to

vaxx:
Well, the bible depict him as a learned figure.
Ah-ha!
So there you are, if depicted as a learned figure,
then it's suffice to say, He would have been familiar with the rich body of work from earlier Greek philosophers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christ Mind by budaatum: 11:18pm On Oct 08, 2018
vaxx:
That is not the goal initially. The Bible expressed itself already. ( love your neighbour as yourself) i think this verse interprets itself without any form of ambiguity. Subjectivity is just simply based on human desire in this category and not the scope. I will agree that many bible apologetic have a penchant for isigesis (reading into the text) as opposed to proper exegesis (a critical explanation or interpretation of a text.
That wasn't too hard was it? By god, you are hard work!

Now go back and read where you first used the word and tell me if those you referred to are as objective as you implied.

Does just about everyone, especially the religious, not do more eisegesis, which is subjective, and claim they have objectively exegesised?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Noah's Ark: Man's Greatest Invention Of All Time? (Photos and Video) / Christainity Is A False Religion / Prosperity of a Race: Is it in the gene or belief? (Pls be scholarly)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.