Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,039 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa (9759 Views)

Obasanjo: MKO Abiola Was Denied Presidency Because Of ‘Bad Belle’ / Ezeife: Igbos Will Support IPOB In 2023 If Denied Presidency / Tambuwal To Tinubu: When You Were Denied Buhari’s VP, You Tried To Rock The Boat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by ijustdey: 5:45am On Sep 05, 2018
Obinna Odogwu, Abakaliki

Former governor of Sokoto State, Alhaji Attahiru Bafarawa, has revealed how some northern political cabals truncated the chances of the Igbo to be Nigerian president; through Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and Dr. Alex Ekwueme, respectively.

He regretted that against the interest of the well-meaning northerners to hand over to the Igbo, on two different occasions, some northerners, for selfish reasons, quashed that quest.

Bafarawa disclosed this in Abakaliki, capital of Ebonyi State, yesterday, when he paid a courtesy call on Governor David Umahi at Government House to intimate him and other PDP stakeholders in the state, on his presidential ambition.

“I have been in politics since 1976. I was the Transition Committee chairman of my local council in 1976. I rose from that. In 1979, NPN was almost dominant in Sokoto State but I refused to join NPN. I joined NPP, together with our leader Zik. When NPN realized that NPP was a strong party and that a national party would win the election, NPN, by then, used their intrigues to divide our relationship with NPP.

“When we got to the convention, argument started. Waziri vehemently told Zik that he wanted to be the presidential candidate and also the chairman of the party. Zik said: ‘Waziri take one and leave one. If you want president, take it, if you want chairman take it. But take one and leave one. But, Waziri said he needed all because he was being pushed by the NPN to disunite us. That was what caused the division of the NPP and GNPP.

“I am trying to tell this story for you to see that in my political career, I have been one of you. I rose from that level to the state chairman of the party, NRC, where I produced a governor, under my chairmanship, in 1992, or thereabout.

“After that, resolution of June 12 crisis set in. After that, the constitutional conference started. I contested and won and became a member of the Constitutional Conference, from 1994 to 1995.

“When that was over, I was the founder of UNCP, during Abacha’s regime. After Abacha, we formed APP. I took APP to my zone; Sokoto, Zamfara and Kebbi, under my leadership, and delivered the three states, under APP. I haven’t been the governor of the state at that time.

“And also, in 2003, when I saw that the leadership of our party was trying to sell out to the ruling party, I took over the leadership of the party. I was the governor and, at the same time, the acting national chairman of ANPP, where I produced Buhari as our flag bearer…”

He appealed to PDP stakeholders and the people of the state to support his presidential ambition, with a promise to lead the country aright; if elected.

Welcoming his visitor, governor Umahi wished the August visitor goodluck in his presidential ambition

http://sunnewsonline.com/azikiwe-ekwueme-denied-presidency-bafarawa/

3 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by MichaelBukamzy(m): 5:57am On Sep 05, 2018
Na so....election don dey reach.(in oritsefemi's voice) Tell em say our eyes don clear

18 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by duduade: 6:09am On Sep 05, 2018
So how e take concern the present day
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Auladimeji(m): 6:20am On Sep 05, 2018
tongue Another way to fool that tribe

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by emmie14: 6:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Nonsense
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by KingLennon(m): 10:49am On Sep 05, 2018
Bafarawa wants to get the love of the Igbos. The Igbo's will be looking at him like

38 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by abc115: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2018
grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by BruncleZuma: 10:50am On Sep 05, 2018
grin grin grin grin

But e don pass nah?
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by tobtap: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2018
I hope d ibos won't fall for dis deciet ooo... bafarawa na scam
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Didcot: 10:51am On Sep 05, 2018
Bafarrawa trying to woo the Easterners with his sympathy and systematic apologies LOL

Olodo.... All na waste of time baba!

12 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by IbrahimDamola: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2018
We emotional yorubas will lament against this.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by eagleeye2: 10:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Election Time.....
Modified:
“I am trying to tell this story for you to see that in my political career, I have been one of you.

This is all you need to know. Aboki want to use Igbo man play okoso...

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by magoo10(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Even though bafarawa is speaking as a politician it doesn't stop the fact that all he said is a truth for historical sake.

Zombies will not like this type of revelation because they have clothed themselves with hatred.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 10:52am On Sep 05, 2018
Ah.

The pandering to the 5 percenters has begun.

3 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Youngk(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Uncle you can lie oo!
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by mercenary: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Nigeria is such a stupid country to be born into

3 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nathan2016: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Tell us something we dont know

mtchewwwww

Everything wrong with this country is all you Northerners fault.

Continue destroying it, lets see who walks out succcessfully

11 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by anonymuz(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Why this time? Well I believe time will tell when Nigeria will not be govern by only one tribe.
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by TroubleMaker47(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Lol. He wants to push igbos mumu button cheesy
So you couldn't say this when you where in power, it's now you want to run for presidency that it occurred to you!

5 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by eagleeye2: 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
Neoteny:
Ah.
The pandering to the 5 percenters has begun.
Why can't they leave Igbos with their 5% votes
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Zabilon007(m): 10:53am On Sep 05, 2018
grin
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Nobody: 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
They are now confessing.... During presidential zoning.. Wasn't Good luck an Igbo man

When we speak of Biafra they will term them SOUTH SOUTH that south south is not igbo

7 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by RapportNaija(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
smh

This one has been spilling rubbish out of his gutter mouth just because of political ambition... Lol
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by sureheaven(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Stories upandan ......

Same different stories on how PDP lost 2019 presidential election will come up next year.

To be the president of any nation in the world either by hook or crook must be approved by God.

1 Like

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Drshobz(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
so all these years you no talk am
na now you know say u go talk am
cause election don dey come

nonsense man
for your mind we dey daft or dumb
like the lifeless one

our mumu don do
Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by LZAA: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2018
Auladimeji:
tongue Another way to fool that tribe
Actually if u are wise u for notice say ndigbo have been shouting restructure or divide
Presidency in this false union is a fat joke
This union has fallen so far that living in denial is postponing the inevitable

8 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by RockHard: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2018
I don't know why these guys are wasting their time going to the south east to campaign, when we all already know that SE is PDP and PDP is SE. Even without pressing any mumu button or campaigning PDP has SE votes on lockdown.

3 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by Neoteny(m): 10:55am On Sep 05, 2018
eagleeye2:

Why can't they leave Igbos with their 5% votes

They need to be lulled into a false sense of belonging so as to keep them right here in naija rather than abroad where they sully our image with their criminal proclivities.

2 Likes

Re: How Azikiwe, Ekwueme Were Denied Presidency – Bafarawa by TheAngry1: 10:55am On Sep 05, 2018
The Igbo tribe has been reduced to an old hagged woman who would open her legs wide open for any man who tells her what she wants to hear. Just tell her she is sexy and you can bang her without a condom grin grin grin. FFK, Fayose, Atiku and now Bafarawa have all learnt the secret.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Sen Ayogu Eze And Other South East APC Governorship Candidates Visit Osinbajo / Bank To Get Forfeiture Order On Onnoghen’s Funds This Week / Anyone Asking Tinubu To Release Nnamdi Kanu Should Look At This Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.