Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,209 members, 7,807,703 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program (2298 Views)

Parenting In The UK As A Nigerian Migrant. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / The Adventures Of A New UK Migrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by frankwealth: 8:11am On Sep 05, 2018
EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program Canadian Government Won't Tell Skilled Immigrants!

Whoever that first thought about this skilled migrant program deserves an award for a well thought plan. This is in fact, the fastest way to develop any nation financially, economically and what have you. In this expository article, you will discover some shocking realities about the much publicized and talked about Canada Federal Skilled Migrant Program that has attracted thousands of finest brains from various countries of the world, especially from developing nations like Nigeria, Ghana, India, Philippines, etc.

So before you make the final decision to join the over growing population of professionals queuing in for this program, you definitely need to read this article, and please do not endeavor to share it with your friends and relatives.

Now, before we forge ahead, let me ask you: are you aware that not all the skilled migrants who make it to Canada through this infamous Canadian skilled migrant program end up securing a job on their arrival in Canada? Just in case you aren't aware, that's the sad reality on ground, but you will never get to know this until you leave your home country and arrive successfully in Canada.

This sad situation got me wondering why Canadian government invite immigrants if they don't have enough opportunities for them? Do you know the answer? You will be shocked to discover why.

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by frankwealth: 8:14am On Sep 05, 2018
The simple but shocking answer to the above question is because this is business!

Canadian government have an official commitment to invite 300,000 skilled immigrants every year.

Every immigrant will bring at least $24,000 for 12 months, families will bring more. Every year the economy will earn at least $7.2 billion on immigration alone, no spending, just earn. Now tell me, what passive income is better than this, huh? Believe me, the western world and their government are super smart, and I think African and Asian governments need to sit up because they are dulling, and this is why Africa, Middle East and Asia seem to be lagging behind in global economy, that's aside some few Asian and Middle East countries like China, Japan, Singapore, Qatar, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Taiwan, South Korea, Hong Kong, etc.

Now, the next question you should be asking by now is why does the Canadian government do this?

The answer is, Canada as a country needs to increase her population.. why? To make money through tax collection; more population means more tax, and it means more money for Canada to develop their nation to their dream land.. How?

The most obvious plan and this is a great / immediate support to Canadian businesses (rental, insurance, education, groceries, etc.) - is to invite immigrants and protect the market against massive foreign expansion. How? by increasing a barrier to get a job (assimilation criteria, language requirements, local education or work experience). Did you mention that Canadian companies hire only extremely skilled professionals, trades or low-skilled staff. Don’t forget that every immigrant will also pay fees prior immigration to government agencies, IELTS, ECA (Education credential assessment), medical and other organizations; all these earn Canada millions and billions of $$$, oh you think Canadian government love you so much and just want to help you become rich? Then think again.

Remember, if immigrants fortunately find jobs they will contribute even more to the government (by paying taxes). Canadian companies don’t hire immigrants without Canadian education / work experience - there are at least 70–80% newcomers in this category. Those who fail to find a job, will either spend their savings trying to find one or leave the country after 6–12 months to give a chance to another group of immigrants. Anyway the economy and Canadian business will benefit; whether the immigrant finds a job a decides to stay back or unable to find a job and decides to fly back to his or her country, of course poorer after spending their savings in Canada pursuing Canadian dream.

This is not a conspirology, this is a business model without negative effects on Canada.

If you are among the group of immigrants screaming that they can’t find a job, c’mon no one cares.

Remember, you can’t participate in elections or ask more rights than locals until you establish yourself in Canada. Reputation of Canada will not change even if this business model is explained to everyone. Because this opportunity is anyway better than a situation in many countries from which majority of these immigrants arrived from.

What should you do?

Before you make the final move to emigrate to Canada, plan well, think it through, evaluate the risk, taking into considerations the things I have highlighted here, and if you are better of in your home country, please stay back, don't expose your life and that of your loved ones to unnecessary risk chasing a dream that can hardly be achieved.

2 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by thesicilian: 8:29am On Sep 05, 2018
Nice exposé. The recommendations on how to cope in the Canadian system at the end of the write up makes it more worthwhile to read, as opposed to others that tend to discourage you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by frankwealth: 8:51am On Sep 05, 2018
thesicilian:
Nice exposé. The recommendations on how to cope in the Canadian system at the end of the write up makes it more worthwhile to read, as opposed to others that tend to discourage you.
thanks for stopping by, our intention is to forewarn Nigerians, so before they make the move, they are aware of the situation and be prepared ahead before making their final decision to migrate

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by drehdinho(m): 9:10am On Sep 05, 2018
The explanation is well detailed. Thank you.

That part where you mentioned that Canadian government won't employ individuals whose degree isn't gotten from Canada bothers me.

So, a certified Medical Doctor for instance in Nigeria who emigrates to Canada will have to go all over again to running medical degree if he so wishes to get a job in Canada?

Can you explain more on this, and please use a Nigerian lawyer as a case study. I want to know the chances of both certified Nigerian doctor and Lawyer getting a job in Canada; what steps do they need to take upon their successful emigration to Canada?

Thanks.
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Unlimited22: 9:21am On Sep 05, 2018
This thing was copied from Quora. And I mean word for word. I will soon find the original and paste the link here.

But as it's educative, I commend the person who opened the thread.

5 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Cyberknight: 9:32am On Sep 05, 2018
Very well said, but I would sincerely hope that this is not all news to people planning to emigrate.

I would assume most of the people planning to emigrate to Canada are aware of this and the fact that it may or may not take a while to settle down and you may possibly never get a dream job.

You should look at the Canadian venture as being mostly a second-generation plan. In other words, it is your children, perhaps not necessarily we the primary immigrants, who will enjoy the benefits of living in a developed first world country to the fullest.

This is primarily what Canada is banking on. Unlike Trump and his silly co-travellers across the border in America, the Canadians realise that they need immigrants to keep the country going, both to take up low-skilled jobs and to provide the next generation with the drive and opportunity to train for and to take up higher-skilled ones. It is a proven fact that immigrants are generally more productive overall than native-born citizens, mainly because they are driven to succeed and to achieve something in a country where they have opportunities as opposed to where they came from. So it is immigrants who drive their children to study medicine, the sciences, engineering, etc. which these developed countries need and are finding it difficult to get enough skilled persons to perform.

Again, unlike the unthinking Americans, the Canadians know that primary immigrants may be a burden on the economy for some years, but the benefits to the economy in the long run from their highly-likely-to-be-skilled children will more than offset this. The amount of fear the average immigrant has in the back of their minds about having to return to India, Nigeria or Bangladesh empty-handed is enough to ensure that they'll put their backs into making that Canadian dream work for them, and for Canada by extension.

For those planning to emigrate to Canada, the OP has made many valid points, especially about where to settle and learning or planning for a trade. If you're outside the occupations in demand and you don't get a good job soon off, be prepared to retrain and obtain some Canadian education or to spend some time maintaining yourself on lower-skilled employment while awaiting something better, and at the worst, make your peace with the fact that one may never ascend to something we term high-skilled over here. This is why the points grid gives higher points to those who are younger and/or single, as they are more adaptable than those who have children and/or are older.

7 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Cyberknight: 9:41am On Sep 05, 2018
drehdinho:

That part where you mentioned that Canadian government won't employ individuals whose degree isn't gotten from Canada bothers me.

So, a certified Medical Doctor for instance in Nigeria who emigrates to Canada will have to go all over again to running medical degree if he so wishes to get a job in Canada?

Can you explain more on this, and please use a Nigerian lawyer as a case study. I want to know the chances of both certified Nigerian doctor and Lawyer getting a job in Canada; what steps do they need to take upon their successful emigration to Canada?

Thanks.

As a lawyer, you will need to undertake at least 2 more years of training in Canada, including articling with a law firm before you are able to practice.

This is not really easy to do, as lawyers are most definitely not scarce in Canada, just like in Nigeria.

You will most likely need to pursue a masters in some lucrative area of law to have a chance of getting something good, or setting up your own law practice. The good thing is that as a resident your fees of course will be much lower than the international student fees. In any event, plan for spending more money than the funds you are required to bring to provide for yourself/your family so you can pay for some further training.

Medical doctors will find it easier in that you just have to pass exams and do not need to go back to school first. I think its called the MCCEE or something like that, but as always, do your research on the internet.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by frankwealth: 11:34am On Sep 05, 2018
drehdinho:

Thanks.
I was about responding to your question before I saw this comment I quoted which gave a good answer to the lawyer part.

As for the medical doctor part, the person will need to do some Canadian short course to be able to adapt easily and find a nice job in Canada.

Unlike UK, Canada have a very difficult labor market system that favors mostly people that studied in Canada and have what they call 'Canadian Experience'.
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Nobody: 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
I dey come
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Unlimited22:
This thing was copied from Quora. And I mean word for word. I will soon find the original and paste the link here.

But as it's educative, I commend the person who opened the thread.

Sabi Boy!!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by Mizwisdom(f): 5:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
Canada is not easy but most people are going there for their kids not themselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by resurgent2019: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
Who will help me to emigrate now?
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by frankwealth: 7:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
Mizwisdom:
Canada is not easy but most people are going there for their kids not themselves
Yeah, that's true. But unfortunately, many Nigerians are migrating to Canada with the strong hope of becoming rich instantly cry
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by ednut1(m): 10:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
Canadian companies don’t hire immigrants without Canadian education / work experience. This is false oga. See my ex colleagues. First one got his job a month after landing the second 2 months. Same/higher roles in canada. They dont have canada experience

4 Likes

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by salford1: 1:32am On Sep 06, 2018
Oga. Dey try reference your post. I read this same article on quora.
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by TheCongo2: 3:01am On Sep 06, 2018
ednut1:
Canadian companies don’t hire immigrants without Canadian education / work experience. This is false oga. See my ex colleagues. First one got his job a month after landing the second 2 months. Same/higher roles in canada. They dont have canada experience

You are 100% correct
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by maternal: 12:54pm On Sep 06, 2018
So what's the alternative ? Stay and live under a Buhari administration ? The cons of this article is irelevant to most Nigerians.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by lagosrd: 1:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
maternal:
So what's the alternative ? Stay and live under a Buhari administration ? The cons of this article is irelevant to most Nigerians.

Don't mind those guys they are just pure hopeless dudes. They prefer to keep mute even if everyone dies,
in a s much they are making small money. If they are not interested in migrating legally they shouldn't discourage others to go legally.

They don't have enythingvyet castigate those who are putting up effort. Is it not better to go to Canada and die there than die in your sleep murdered by some protected terrorists.
Re: EXPOSED: The Secret Behind Canada Skilled Migrant Program by TheCongo2: 2:56pm On Sep 06, 2018
ednut1:

And you even have Nigerians who get jobs even before landing in Canada

(1) (Reply)

Rare Photos Of The 1980 Soviet Air/Seacraft Abandoned In The Capsian Sea / Requirements To Renew Nigerian Passport In Nigeria / Best Place To Visit In The World Is Ghana.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.