Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,638 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:48 AM

Nigerian Banks... The Biggest Fraudsters - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nigerian Banks... The Biggest Fraudsters (267 Views)

Fraudsters Sell Lagos Lagoon For N787 Million / Nigerian Fraudsters Jailed Over £610k Fraud In The U.K - Pictures / EFCC Arrests 4 Internet Fraudsters In Benin(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Banks... The Biggest Fraudsters by wolesmile(m): 8:34am On Sep 05, 2018
DOCTOR OLUFUNMILAYO WROTE :

"I have lived in UK a few years now and NEVER has my bank ever charged me one penny for bank transfer.
NEVER. NOT ONCE.

I’m sorry. But that 52 naira 50kobo that Nigerian banks deduct per transaction, what exactly is it for?

Why is no one speaking out against this blatant fraud?

Next is the fraudulent “Card Maintenance Fees” by our Nigerian banks. Please how are you maintaining a card that lives in my wallet?

I have about 3-4 UK Bank Cards here. Both credit cards and debit cards.
I have NEVER paid any such thing as a “Card Maintenance Fee”.
NEVER EVER.

The Nigerian Banking Sector is an unfortunately over-bloated industry that thrives on systemically entrenched policies that terribly defrauds us Nigerians and lives on cheating the average citizen of the hard earned money that is entrusted in their care to help save and invest.

You want to send money to someone from your Nigerian bank account and you first have to plan an extra 52 naira 50kobo.

Money that is electronically sent from one Nigerian bank account to another Nigerian bank account

What exactly is the charges for?
Why is this fraud tolerated?

Someone said the charges goes to NIPOST. I want to believe it is mere trolling as it makes absolutely no sense.

Please, How is Nipost involved in an ELECTRONIC money transfer?
Did I put the money in an envelope and post it? Or what?

We deserve better.
This is systemic cruelty.

When I applied for ATM Cards in UK (both debit and credit), I was NEVER charged a penny.
The card is given free.
And “maintenance”, if there’s any such thing, is done free.

IF we never get the chance to see how things happen in other places, we won’t know we are being cheated.

When I applied for an ATM Card in Nigeria, I was charged 1,000 naira to have one.
And I’m being charged some extra regularly in the pretence of an imaginary “Card Maintenance Fees”.

This is systemic corruption and a fundamental banking fraud aimed at impoverishing us Nigerians.

Let’s do a little maths, dear friends.

According to NIBSS, as at December 2017, there was almost 65,000 daily Electronic Fund Transfers in 2017.

At 52.50 naira per transaction, that’s over 3 million naira a day.
And about 1 billion naira a year.

Should this fraud continue?"

Please share it to others...
Re: Nigerian Banks... The Biggest Fraudsters by chiommy123(f): 10:05am On Sep 05, 2018
How about the ones they take without any explanations

(1) (Reply)

Teacher Sentenced To Life Imprisonment For Defiling 9 Year Old Girl In School / I Sold My Baby For N200,000 Out Of Frustration – Woman Confesses / Baby Rescued After Abandoned In The Market After Birth (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.