Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:56 PM

Health Risks Of Passive Smokers - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Health Risks Of Passive Smokers (7087 Views)

5 Health Risks Of Sex With Animals - Temi Iwalaiye / WHO: Drinking Alcohol Does Not Cure Coronavirus, It Increases Health Risks / Thousands Of Smokers Celebrates Annual Holiday Of Marijuana In The U.S.(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:17am On Sep 05, 2018
You might have heard the very popular saying that 'smoking or tobacco use is injurious to health'. Well, smoking not just affects the ones using the substance, but it equally affects those who are around.When you smoke at your home, your family and kids have a 100% chance of getting affected. While you smoke with your friends who are non-smokers, you are putting them at an equal risk as well.Passive smoking is a form of involuntary smoking or exposure to tobacco smoke in the environment.

Non-smokers, or passive smokers, who are frequently exposed to smoke are at a risk of developing serious health problems. It causes lung cancer, asthma and serious heart problems. Women and children are among the worst affected by passive smoking. When the children are in their developing stage and since their immunity level is low, they are more vulnerable. They are at a risk of developing serious respiratory problems and the growth of the lung gets severely affected.Here are some serious health risks of passive smokers.

Serious health risks of passive smokers are:

1.Asthma: People who are exposed to smoking are at greater risk of developing asthma. Several studies conducted on this topic have come up with the result that passive smokers are at a risk of developing asthma. One more serious concern is that kids are among the worst affected. Parents who smoke put their kids at an increasing risk of asthma.

2.Heart Disease: When you are continuously exposed to tobacco smoke in the environment or from those who are smoking close to you, then it affects the linings of the blood vessels, causing a greater damage to the heart. When the regular blood flow gets affected, it increases the chances for blood clots.

3.Lung Cancer: Lung cancer is yet another of the major health problems that passive smokers can develop. Passive smokers are exposed to several chemicals like hydrogen cyanide, carbon monoxide and ammonia.

4.Larynx Cancer: If any of your family member is a chain smoker and you are exposed to the smoke continuously for several years, then you are at an increased risk of developing cancer of the larynx. Larynx, or commonly known as the "voice box", is the area of the throat which has the vocal cords. Breathing difficulty and change in the voice are few of the symptoms of larynx cancer.

5.Chronic Bronchitis: It is not just who are smoking, but also the passive smokers are at an equal risk of getting affected. The smoke that is emitted from cigarettes contains over 4000 carcinogens, chemicals and toxins that not just affect one's breathing but even lead to chronic bronchitis as well.

These are the health risks of passive smokers.

mynd44 lalasticlala
http://www.scandalnigeria.com/2018/09/05/serious-health-risks-for-passive-smokers/

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by choky26(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2018
Ok

1 Like

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Onyeasi(m): 10:30am On Sep 05, 2018
First to Comment...

Modified... Glo network is daniskia..
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by wosley(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2018
Smokie
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:31am On Sep 05, 2018
op u think smokers will read this and change??

4 Likes

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by 2undeee(m): 10:31am On Sep 05, 2018
okay
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by eseveli(m): 10:32am On Sep 05, 2018
Seun pass me the kpoli grin
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by RapportNaija(m): 10:32am On Sep 05, 2018
Okokobioko
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by clinsman1: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2018
Everything na wahala
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:32am On Sep 05, 2018
No one is guaranteed the next second..

1 Like

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by lordmario(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Space booked
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Bustincole(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Smokers are liable to live long.... Aki gbo buburu lenu abore

Oshewoo
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by KingLennon(m): 10:33am On Sep 05, 2018
So the passive smokers suffer the same risks as the active ones grin. Say NO to tobacco but give WEED a chance

7 Likes

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:33am On Sep 05, 2018
Smokers are liable to die young, smoking is the only short cut to death and reduced life span

Some people will still be adamant and continue to smoke
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by KingLennon(m): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2018
eseveli:
Seun pass me the kpoli grin
What are friends for grin. Lets go higher than the everest

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Biglittlelois(f): 10:34am On Sep 05, 2018
I always ask smokers the joy they derive when inhaling smoke into their lungs, none could give a reasonable answer.
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 05, 2018
Biglittlelois:
I always ask smokers the joy they derive when inhaling smoke into your lungs, none could give a reasonable answer.

Its more like alcohol, pain relievers, Blood pressure drugs, mariguana etc.. it calms frayed nerves

Its unnatural so its deadly..
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 05, 2018
Esseite:

Its more like alcohol, pain relievers, Blood pressure drugs, mariguana etc.. it calms frayed nerves

Its unnatural so its deadly..
talking from experience abi
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Okewa(m): 10:43am On Sep 05, 2018
Smokers beware
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Jerrick(m): 10:54am On Sep 05, 2018
Just bring that tiny like that sheriff grin
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2018
Who created the Tobacco and Cannabis ?

To what end ?
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Originality007: 11:01am On Sep 05, 2018
i dont smoke....
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Shayolevels: 11:02am On Sep 05, 2018
Stop smoking because smokers can die young. I said I don hear. Now dem don start new one dont passive smoke.... Abeg me don tire for all this scientific dis and that all I know is something must kill a man. Man must die weather you smoke or not all die na die

1 Like

Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 11:04am On Sep 05, 2018
Humblechuks002:
Smokers are liable to die young, smoking is the only short cut to death and reduced life span

Some people will still be adamant and continue to smoke

Of what use is long life without the experience of weed smoking, even for a day ? I have tried marijuana socially, but the withdrawal effect is crazy.

Will I try it again in future ? Hell Yeah, I must. It did make me sleep like a baby when I tried it.
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 11:17am On Sep 05, 2018
TimeMachine:

Of what use is long life without the experience of weed smoking, even for a day ? I have tried marijuana socially, but the withdrawal effect is crazy.

Will I try it again in future ? Hell Yeah, I must. It did make me sleep like a baby when I tried it.

There is a way that seemeth right unto a Man, but the end are the ways of death

He that in pleasure is already dead while he lives
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Nobody: 11:21am On Sep 05, 2018
Humblechuks002:

There is a way that seemeth right unto a Man, but the end are the ways of death

He that in pleasure is already dead while he lives

Your God is sillier than you know and I can prove it.
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by Rexnegro(m): 11:32am On Sep 05, 2018
that's true better stay away than be there
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by ArcGibson(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2018
Is smoking a food ?
Can it quench hunger?
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by lilTunechi(m): 3:21pm On Sep 05, 2018
ArcGibson:
Is smoking a food ?
Can it quench hunger?
Smoking what? Weed is the oldest and most important substance God provided free for mankind. I pity anyone who never tried weed.
Re: Health Risks Of Passive Smokers by soledibavu: 6:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
Next time I see someone smoking near me ehen.... I comment my reserve

(1) (2) (Reply)

Home Treatment For Stroke,ankle pain,back pain,freezed shoulder etc / Smokers Are Liable To Die Young, Is It True? / COVID-19 Update For March 27 2021 In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.