Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,828 members, 7,802,651 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa (1906 Views)

“why Burna Boy Is Hating On Davido” – May D Reveals / Top 10 Highest Paid Artiste In 2018,pay Per Show, Wow See What Wizkid Gets / Alex Ozone: “Olamide Is Highest Paid Artiste In Nigeria” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by MobileGees: 10:58am On Sep 05, 2018

Burna Boy has been in the the music industry for quite sometime but to some if not most of a us he's just another "another artiste" I can't blame us all for thinking of him such I also thought so about him untill his I heard his the song 'Heaven’s Gate’ and I was like "WTF!! this guy is so talented". I immediately went ahead to get his Outside Album and I wasn't disappointed and I think I would like to believe I'm not the only one that feels this way.

While the Artiste has been given some credits for his works I think it still isn't enough, I think Burna Boy shouldnt be underrated anymore and should be pitched with the likes of Wizkid, Davido and co. Even if I think Burna Boy is better infact I think ‘Burna Boy is a genre on his own,’ ‘He is a human vibe machine’ and many more. What really struck me was when someone said in a forum ‘Burna Boy is better than Wizkid commn beat me.’
At first I was like WTF , then it hit me that maybe Burna Boy is actually as talented as Wiz, if not more.

I know some of you right now are like Is Burna Boy talented?

Asking this question feels like crossing a river to get water. It’s a fact that we all know; even the spirikokos, if it were a heaven or hell type of question, would acknowledge that Burna Boy’s music stands out from the ordinary.

To be certain I wasn't the only one that feels Burna boy is one hell of talent I went ahead to for to create a thread asking people to choose between Burna Boy and Wizkid, I was surprised to find out that majority of them opt for Burna Boy as the better singer.

I was so dumbfounded by the turnout, even me that created the thread double checked to be sure that it is Nigerians and not aliens that are actually acknowledging the abundance of Burna Boy’s talent, rating him ahead of the "invisible" Wizkid on the scale of talent deposit. Wonders will never cease o, so Naija people know just how amazing Burna Boy is.

So why is he not given enough credits, or is it a thing of character or probably attitude? I wouldn’t know for sure but I don't need anyone to tell me that walking out of award ceremonies or sponsoring a robbery attack on another singer doesn't speak well of your character.

These acts is probably enough to tarnish the image of anyone including Burna Boy’s name overtime , maybe explains why his music suffers in the area of fanbase. But the ‘bad boy’ rep cannot be the reason his talent is underappreciated because none of the A-list musicians can say they are all "saints" we all know they've all got their dark sides.

Burna Boy, they say, his hot-mannered, hyper-masculinity caused his abundant talent go to waste, but truly, a lot of his troubles are mere consequences of his deformed character.

Lets Take glimpse at the incident that happened back in the 2013 Headies award ceremony where he walk angrily out of the hall after losing the Next Rated award to Sean Tizzle the hot cake then.

BurnaBoy got the labels, ‘proud’, ‘arrogant’ and all sort of words that I can’t even write but fast forward to 2018 and you’d wonder if it was Akure weed or ogidiga that blurred people’s vision from seeing that Burna Boy had a point.

Despite all this ‘trouble making’ and even with the tough battle of self, Burna Boy has kept his music output fresh and nice.

Usually his materials come forth with brilliance. Ask your favourite artiste, if he/she would like a Burna Boy verse and you are sure to get a “hell yeah” and an excited look from him/her. I mean – that Burna Boy’s talent qualifies him to be in the class of the industry favourites, is as plain as the nose on your face. If it were a place where genre diversification is appreciated and out-of-box thinking was rewarded, Burna Boy would probably be the one enjoying the rave Wizkid is enjoying in Nigeria, today.

Our guilt isn’t far away and that’s why we always have to answer questions on whether he is underrated or unappreciated.

Burna Boy just does not make the kind of music we appreciate around here. His music isn’t what seems to have become the unofficial ‘Nigerian sound’ -Afro Pop music, and he is not interested in bending over or diluting his sound for the sake of penetration – it’s not in the character of nonconformists like him.

Why do we not rate him well when the polls show that Nigerians agree he is more talented than their most celebrated artiste? – what’s his sin? The measure of objectivity in the poll result alludes to the point that Oluwa Burna is unmatched talent-wise and he makes commendable effort to put out material but he doesn’t offer what most of us want so we move on to the suppliers of our needs.
It’s almost a case of meeting a trader who is so serious and conscious about selling a well packaged Mathematics textbook to you, when what you need is a novel.

Naturally, you’d move on to another trader who might even be uncaring, rude or arrogant with his/her approach but as long as he/she sells the exact thing you visited the market for, you’d sha bring money out and pay. It is an unfortunate twist that sees a lot of fans say ‘oh Burna Boy is good,’ ‘he is amazing’ and all but their playlist shows betrayal.

It’s a not-ideal relationship, it’s an unfair one in which one party is giving but the other is not interested in taking, leaving all the beta beta offerings to fall to earth – such a shame!

In short note l, I think Nigerians should overlook the bad side of Burna Boy and appreciate the rare talent - Burna Boy - we have.

Do you think Burna Boy's talent is truly underappreciated? Let's your your thoughts from the comment box below.

cc: lalasticlala
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by Rasheed2567: 11:00am On Sep 05, 2018
how much dem pay u
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by hungryboy(m): 11:04am On Sep 05, 2018
Burna is good, and why i like him is because he doesn't try to copy what others are doing, he has his own special sound.
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 05, 2018
if u really listen to music u would know how talented burnaboy is

1 Like

Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by Nobody: 11:19am On Sep 05, 2018
Nigeria- Burna, Falz, Coal, etc
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by ticktechh: 11:27am On Sep 05, 2018
You need a website to start an online business!
Here’s the good news…

Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by MobileGees: 12:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Rasheed2567:
how much dem pay u

dem no pay me, na me be burna boy's brother that's why I'm promoting him..... undecided undecided
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by Rasheed2567: 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
MobileGees:

dem no pay me, na me be burna boy's brother that's why I'm promoting him..... undecided undecided

na me be burna boy father, u no be my son
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by soledibavu: 7:34pm On Sep 05, 2018
y baba too de bazz
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by DONADAMS(m): 11:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
you just dey know? even the music current heavy weights know this since 2013...he's just too good
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by MobileGees: 6:45am On Sep 06, 2018
DONADAMS:
you just dey know? even the music current heavy weights know this since 2013...he's just too good

But why doesn't Nigerians know the worth of what they've got?

I'm sure if he was from a country like sa he would have been very popular.

lalasticlala
Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by somtookeke(m): 8:24am On Dec 15, 2019
Wizkid vs Burna boy , who is more famous and talented?
https://speakersden2..com/2019/12/wizkid-vs-burna-boy-who-is-more-famous.html

SHARE, LIKE, COMMENT

1 Share

Re: Opinion: Why Burna Boy Is The Most Talented Artiste In Africa by OKorowanta: 8:28am On Dec 15, 2019
Rasheed2567:
how much dem pay u

E no go pass 2k!

(1) (Reply)

Mercy Johnson Surprise Her Husband As They Make Love & Celebrate In Matching Out / Video & Pics:- Lady's Bra Strips Off During BBNAIJA Audition In Abuja / Actress Etinosa Shared Her Naked Bum Sitting On The Toilet Hits The Internet Mos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.