Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,192 members, 7,807,644 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:47 PM

Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan (2541 Views)

Shocking Aftermath Of Mogadishu Bomb Blast That Killed Over 230(Graphic Photos) / Shocking Aftermath Of Las Vegas Shooting That You Really Need To See(Photos) / The Shocking Aftermath Of Hurricane Harvey In Texas(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:14pm On Sep 05, 2018
Eleven people have been killed, a million are without power and thousands have been left stranded after a fierce typhoon lashed Japan.

Hundreds more were injured when homes and infrastructure along the west coast were devastated by Typhoon Jebi Japan's most powerful storm in a quarter of a century.

Kansai International Airport one of the country's busiest was cut off when a 2,500-ton tanker smashed into the terminal's sole access road meaning thousands had to spend the night in the partially flooded facility.

This morning, boats were ferrying stranded passengers to the mainland while footage showed a caravan of buses making a perilous trip across the damaged bridge yards from the spot where the ship had crashed into the carriageway amid 135mph winds yesterday.

Runways were flooded as high waves washed into the facility on Tuesday, knocking out electricity and inundating buildings.

Kansai International Airport is built on artificial islands in Osaka Bay, and the high seas flooded the two runways (pictured).

Hundreds of flights have been cancelled across Japan after the typhoon struck.

This was the scene at Kansai International Airport yesterday.

This was the view from a window at Kansai International airport in Japan after it was flooded during the typhoon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6132639/More-100-cars-engulfed-flames-Typhoon-Jebi-smashes-Japan.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:15pm On Sep 05, 2018
This was the scene today in Kobe, western Japan after cars were left piled up in a heap.

More than 100 used cars at a storage site caught fire after the area was submerged due to a high tide as Typhoon Jebi smashed into Nishinomiya.

Lalasticlala

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by enoqueen: 12:18pm On Sep 05, 2018
Waoh!!! shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2018
The winds were so powerful that they drove this ship up and over a breakwater in Nishinomiya, western Japan (pictured today).

Dozens of large shipping containers stacked up at a port in the city of Osaka were tossed around in winds topping 135mph.

Giant cranes at a port in Nishinomiya, western Japan, came crashing down (pictured today) after being battered by high winds during the Typhoon.

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:22pm On Sep 05, 2018
Kansai International Airport, one of the country's busiest was cut off when a 2,500-ton tanker smashed into the terminal's sole access road (pictured today) meaning thousands had to spend the night in the partially flooded facility.

Passengers stranded at Kansai International Airport queue outside the terminal today as they wait for the arrival of a special bus service to transport them out of the area, in Izumisato, western Japan.

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Areaboyfriend(m): 12:23pm On Sep 05, 2018
I hope my container is not here. embarassed grin grin
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
A 2,591-tonne tanker was sent crashing into a bridge connecting Kansai airport, built on a man-made island in a bay, to the mainland. The bridge was damaged but the tanker was empty and none of its crew was injured, the coast guard said.

A truck sits at an angle on a bridge after being blown over by strong winds caused by Typhoon Jebi in Sakade, Japan.

A car is squashed by fallen ad board in Wakayama, Japan.

Man stands near a overturned car.

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Flexherbal(m): 12:27pm On Sep 05, 2018
Thank God these type of things, hardly happen in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Aldebaran(m): 12:29pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nigeria's Typhoon are the Politicians angry

8 Likes

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:30pm On Sep 05, 2018
Dash cam footage shows how lorries were blown over by the powerful winds as Japan suffered its worst storm in 25 years.

Water crashes over a sea wall in Kochi Prefecture, western Japan.

This was the scene as boats and debris drifted along in the storm in Nishinomiya City

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Explorers(m): 12:32pm On Sep 05, 2018
Japan issued evacuation advisories for more than 1 million people and cancelled hundreds of flights in the face of extremely strong winds and heavy rain as typhoon Jebi made landfall. Pictured: Foreign passengers sleep on benches as they wait for information at Osaka train station.

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by oshe11: 12:33pm On Sep 05, 2018
I was at that same Airport few hours before it struck.....

It wasnt easy bt I missed it

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by wahles(m): 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
Dz z bad
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Nobody: 12:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
Damn...Natural Disasters.

We are blessed in Nigeria
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Imustreturn(m): 1:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Nah wah. Ooo
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by gurunlocker: 1:47pm On Sep 05, 2018
Always thankful anytime I remember we don't face this type of deadly natural disasters here in Nigeria.

These guys will recover in few months, but if it's here, we will be there for decades with no solution.

Our own natural disasters are our leaders and politicians.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by konkonbilo(m): 3:46pm On Sep 05, 2018
oshe11:
I was at that same Airport few hours before that it struck.....

It wasnt easy bt I missed it
I was the guy seated beside you wearing a blue jean and a white shirt...I tell you it wasn't easy sad

3 Likes

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by galadima77(m): 6:24pm On Sep 05, 2018
gurunlocker:
Always thankful anytime I remember we don't face this type of deadly natural disasters here in Nigeria.

These guys will recover in few months, but if it's here, we will be there for decades with no solution.

Our own natural disasters are our leaders and politicians.

if u come check am sef na almost the same thing o.... only they come out looking better than us... they lose lives, we do too(from corruption), they lose properties and infrastructures... we kukuma no get, they recover looking better with warning systems and mitigative measures, we just dey like Dele. Even reverse gear dey hail Our backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Learn12: 7:26pm On Sep 05, 2018
konkonbilo:
I was the guy seated beside you wearing a blue jean and a white shirt...I tell you it wasn't easy sad

I was the one telling you both to move let me pass

2 Likes

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by blingxx(m): 8:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
dem use disaster swear for Japan? ... pls who did Japan offend nitori olohun...

ma only Japan
Hiroshima atomic bomb
Nagasaki atomic bomb
the 2011 earthquake and tsunami
nuclear disasters undecided
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by oshe11: 9:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
konkonbilo:
Wooow.....

I'm happy we left on time.....
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by konkonbilo(m): 9:07pm On Sep 05, 2018
oshe11:
Wooow.....

I'm happy we left on time.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by pacino26(m): 8:16am On Sep 07, 2018
My brothers from Alaba will be getting their tickets there now. Lots of engine parts to buy. cool cool cool Nigerians eh

1 Like

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by wirinet(m): 8:53am On Sep 07, 2018
Jay95:
Damn...Natural Disasters.

We are blessed in Nigeria

Blessed ke?
Which curse is worse than earthquake Obasanjo?
Which Tsunami is worse than Tsunami Jonathan?
Which hurricane is worse than Hurricane Buhari?

If just one of these " natural disaster" occurs in Japan, Japan will cease to exist.

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by mexicocity: 9:15am On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=pacino26 post=70976828]My brothers from Alaba will be getting their tickets there now. Lots of engine parts to buy. cool cool cool Nigerians eh [/quote
I swear market don dey. Spear part guy will be wishing for this every month
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Nobody: 10:57am On Sep 07, 2018
wirinet:

Blessed ke?
Which curse is worse than earthquake Obasanjo?
Which Tsunami is worse than Tsunami Jonathan?
Which hurricane is worse than Hurricane Buhari?

If just one of these " natural disaster" occurs in Japan, Japan will cease to exist.
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Originality007: 5:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
cry h
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by adebayo18015(m): 9:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
Explorers:
Eleven people have been killed, a million are without power and thousands have been left stranded after a fierce typhoon lashed Japan.

Hundreds more were injured when homes and infrastructure along the west coast were devastated by Typhoon Jebi Japan's most powerful storm in a quarter of a century.

Kansai International Airport one of the country's busiest was cut off when a 2,500-ton tanker smashed into the terminal's sole access road meaning thousands had to spend the night in the partially flooded facility.

This morning, boats were ferrying stranded passengers to the mainland while footage showed a caravan of buses making a perilous trip across the damaged bridge yards from the spot where the ship had crashed into the carriageway amid 135mph winds yesterday.

Runways were flooded as high waves washed into the facility on Tuesday, knocking out electricity and inundating buildings.

Kansai International Airport is built on artificial islands in Osaka Bay, and the high seas flooded the two runways (pictured).

Hundreds of flights have been cancelled across Japan after the typhoon struck.

This was the scene at Kansai International Airport yesterday.

This was the view from a window at Kansai International airport in Japan after it was flooded during the typhoon.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6132639/More-100-cars-engulfed-flames-Typhoon-Jebi-smashes-Japan.html
Lalasticlala, Mynd44
Manmen
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Alejoc(m): 4:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
shocked
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by Alejoc(m): 4:09pm On Sep 15, 2018
This is epic damage of humongous proportion shocked shocked shocked

Meanwhile abeg check wetin I dey sell and recommend. Thanks
Re: Shocking Aftermath Of Typhoon Jebi That Submerged Airport And Killed 11 In Japan by DaFlash: 1:06am On Sep 16, 2018
No wonder Japan is the largest atheist country in the world.

They stopped believing in god when all worst side of nature is constantly hitting them.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Escape Of A Behemoth!!. Drugs,cash And Gold Found In Jammehs House / Swedish Political Party Leader Burned Quran Outside Turkish Embassy (Photos) / USA Are Not Able To Overcome "superior russian" S-300 Air Defense System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.