Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,255 members, 7,807,881 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:26 PM

Igbo Are Not Well Represented On The Federal Level.... - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo Are Not Well Represented On The Federal Level.... (294 Views)

List Of Male And Female Senators Who Have Represented Abuja Since 1999 / Moderators, The Post Of Abducted Youths In IMO Is Falsely Represented On Front P / 2023: Nobody Wants You At Federal Level – Primate Ayodele Warns Tinubu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Igbo Are Not Well Represented On The Federal Level.... by kindnyce(m): 12:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
*Igbos are not well Represented at Federal level but the difference is clear* - Osita Okechukwu

I will be an idiot to come out here to say my people (the Igbo) are fully represented at the highest echelon of government. We are nowhere in the security apparatus, we are not on the board of the NNPC – Ibe Kachikwu is on the board but he is from the South-South. Yes, that is the downside of our regime. My business as a social scientist is to accept the downside but when you do a graph, President Muhammadu Buhari’s ‘upside’ far outweighs the downside.

Appointments are temporal; they are transient but when we talk of Enugu coal being revamped, it may be for the next 50 to 100 years. When we talk of the eastern rail line – the one that the British installed is over 100 years old whether we properly managed it when the British left is another matter. We are talking of tangibles now. The Enugu-Onitsha road was first constructed by the Shehu Shagari administration in the 1980s, repaired by the Petroleum Trust Fund under Buhari and was not rehabilitated in the 16 years that the Peoples Democratic Party spent in power. By then, we had the Secretary to the Government of the Federation; we had the minister of finance; the chief of army staff; we had the minister of power; we had the senate president; we had deputy senate president; we had deputy speaker of the House of Representatives, we had the chairmen, Senate and House of Representatives committees on works – all from the South-East – within that interval of 16 years that the PDP held sway but infrastructure collapsed. Now, we have somebody who we didn’t vote for, but who chose, on his own, to use his pan-Nigerian platform to borrow $100bn, divided it into $16.6bn and gave each of the six geo-political zones, including the South-East.

*PDP 1999-2015 vs APC 2015-2018 in the East*

The PDP used the second Niger Bridge as a campaign slogan for 16 good years. They even went into a public private partnership at some point. The Obi of Onitsha, who is an intellectual, reminded the then President (Goodluck) Jonathan about the promise he made about the bridge in 2011 when he went to use the same thing to campaign in 2015.

When Buhari came, he fixed the Second Niger Bridge as one of the five top priority projects of his administration and voted N14bn to start the foundation of the bridge with big pipes that are 40 feet and big radius; that has been completed. It is going to cost the Federal Government about N240 billion because Mr. President doesn’t accept half measures.

*This is a man who didn’t give us chief of staff; he didn’t give us secretary to the government or minister of finance, coordinating the economy, but you can see the paradox; we are benefiting more from him.*

We need to vote for him because of this foundation he is laying in the interest of this country.

*Buhari's Health and the need to replace him in 2019?*

It will not be in the interest of this country that another person comes in at this point.

You know why? Buhari came in, and with very little resources, he has been able to achieve what we are seeing today. This is the rainy season, most of the contractors working on road projects had to pull back to allow the rains recede before they return to site, this is normal.

I don’t want to talk about health; I lost my son, a 19-year-old boy in March this year. So, if it is about age and health, I don’t want to talk about that. This is not about propaganda.

*The facts on the ground shows that President Muhammadu Buhari has embarked on the most ambitious physical infrastructural development of the country – 5,000 kilometres of federal roads; 5,000 kilometres of rail lines; 5,000 additional megawatts of electricity and self sufficiency in food production. What more can we ask for?*

Culled from Punch
Re: Igbo Are Not Well Represented On The Federal Level.... by Almaiga: 1:42pm On Sep 05, 2018
Na them Sabi. When they decided to put your eggs in one basket during election. They openly show hate by sponsoring Propaganda against Buhari, even till date.

Buhari even try as they are still represented in his Government. If na me ehnn, hmmm. Well it serves them right.

(1) (Reply)

Who Is Saraki In Nigeria If Men Are Needed?? / I’m Surprised Nigerians Are Not Clapping For Buhari – Ngige / Ondo Government Timely Response To Collapsed Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.