Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,679 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:17 PM

2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark (15326 Views)

Pictures From 2019 Buhari's Rally In Anambra, Yet He Couldn't 10% Votes / 2019: Buhari Is A Dictator, We’ll Not Keep Quiet – Amaechi / 2019: Buhari Will Definitely Lose In Kano, Kwankwaso Replies Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by ObserversTimes: 2:49pm On Sep 05, 2018
The Observers Times

FORMER Senate President, David Mark, has picked the expression of interest and nomination form to contest for the presidential ticket of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), confident that President Muhammadu Buhari will lose to the party in next year’s election.

Speaking to journalists moments after collecting the forms at the national secretariat of the party in Abuja on Tuesday, he observed that Buhari had become unpopular and this had become obvious to all. Asked about his chances against the president if given the party ticket, Mark said: “My chances which are actually PDP chances against the current government, you can see what is happening for yourself.

I don’t think anybody needs to preach that gospel anymore. If you can’t see it, you can perceive it. If you can’t perceive it, you can hear of it. It is obvious that the next election, PDP’s presidential candidate will win.” He said as long as the PDP had zoned its presidential ticket to the North, he was qualified to vie for it, saying that his wealth of experience gave him an advantage for the position.

He also asserted that his campaign represented the youth in consonance with the clamour for younger leaders in the country. The three-time Senator stated: “The issue is that the party has zoned the presidential vacancy to the North. Whether you are from North East, North West or North Central, we are all northerners.

And I think that that is what qualifies me in the first place. “Secondly, I think I have something to offer. I got a wealth of experience in administration. And you recognise that I was also President of the Senate for eight years. “So, I think I have garnered a lot of experience to be able to move the country in the direction that all Nigerians want.

And that is the direction of prosperity, good economic policies, reduce the level of insecurity, get Nigerians to become very proud citizens, create job opportunities for the teeming youths and change the economy. “Like I said, there are lots of young boys and girls working in my team who are very vibrant and who are very articulate and who know what they want. So, we are a focused team.”

On the move for a consensus candidacy for the PDP, Mark opined that the important thing was for the presidential aspirants to realize that it was only one of them that could be the candidate in the end. He added: “If we all agree. But all of us who have gotten the nomination forms now have to agree on that. Whether we get a consensus candidate or whether we go through the primary itself truly doesn’t make much difference. “The important point is all of us must realise that there is only one person who can occupy that seat.

And that power comes largely from God. Once God decides that this is the person, and the process through electing that person is free, fair, credible and transparent, we should all accept it.” The former Senate President said whatever the outcome of the party primary, he would not leave the PDP. He explained: “Have you heard me before saying that no matter what happens, I will never leave PDP? I have said that too many times and I keep saying it, sounding like a broken record now in that process. But that doesn’t stop anybody from coming in to join the party. “Now, PDP has become the party of choice.

That is their only reason why people are coming. Nobody will leave a party that is good and go to another party that is not a party of choice. So, the mere fact that people are coming to PDP means that PDP is now the party to be if we want to make an impression on this country. “Also, if a man comes to the party, he is an integral part of the party. And I think we should not bother too much about whether the man has been there for a long time or whether the man is coming.

But that decision will be made by the electorates.” Meanwhile, former Sokoto state governor, Attahiru Bafarawa, has become the first PDP presidential aspirant to return his completed nomination form. His campaign Director General, Senator Paul Wampana, who returned the form on his behalf to the national secretariat of the party on Tuesday, told journalists that Bafarawa did not believe in consensus candidacy and was only seeking assurances for a free, fair and credible primary.

Wampana said the more aspirants that were in the race, the better for the party. He, however, expressed confidence that having learnt from its past mistake, the PDP would indeed create room for a credible exercise. He said: “We are not against many aspirants. What we need is a level playing ground. The people will speak. It is the people we will listen to. Let there be free, fair and credible elections in this country. We have discounted the idea of anyone stepping down. The more the merrier.”

[url=http://www.observerstimes.com/news/2019-buhari-will-lose-to-pdp-%E2%80%95-mark/]Source[/url]
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Nobody: 2:53pm On Sep 05, 2018
Who don't know..

The hate for buhari is a religion in south south

40 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Nobody: 2:58pm On Sep 05, 2018
ok
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Sirpaul(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
AND YOU WILL LOSE AS WELL......

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Imoksp(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
True talk
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Azazi(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Tell them o grin grin
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Shehucom(m): 2:59pm On Sep 05, 2018
Sai baba grin

8 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by frankwyte: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
David Mark is saying what most enlightened Nigerians already know!

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Moreoffaith(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
OK sir
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by somito121(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Politics is fun in Nigeria. They play the masses openly and make jest of the masses secretly.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by tribalistseun: 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari is a big mistake that was used to destroy Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Emulti(m): 3:00pm On Sep 05, 2018
Hmm
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Butterflylleo: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Come on David mark, stay off the weed you are currently on, didn't they tell you that one of its side effects is hallucinations? grin

[img]https://media1./images/ec98b6e9f0684ff5ab8d7b564ba01984/tenor.gif?itemid=5354823[/img]

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by slivertongue: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Wishin all d presidential candidate a credible electn.
GMB knows d days ahead wil b tough bt PDP must tel us dia plans

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by futuremoma34: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Npower/Federal Ministry of Finance refuse to pay Ntax 7months stipend after working
Ntax is a category under Npower 2017 which Minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun and Vice president Yemi Osinbajo created to increase tax payment across the 36 states. They promise to train 7500 out 300,000 from 2017 Npower beneficiary, and they have started the training in Federal Treasury Academy, Orozo Abuja last year. Up to this moment they have trained 36 batches.
Here are the problem facing by each category.
Stream 1-22 have been receiving their stipend up to date
Stream 22-28 have never received any stipend. (7 months )
Stream 29-36 have not been deploy talk less of payment. (Since June)
Here is what one of the Ctlo said
"It was like a dream come through when we were all called to report for training which took us the whole week in Abuja(orozo). After the training we were deployed to our different state to carry out the voluntary assignment as CTLO under the Npower arm of special intervention programme. But it is over 7months now we have not been given a dime as promised. Many of us move up and down to carry out the VAIDS exercise with our own pocket thinking that we would be paid soon. Its over 7months now that batch 22-28 CTLOs are hoping to get paid. We have tried to reach Npower through our state to make move for our payment but all to know avail. We are appealing to the appropriate authorities to please come to our rescue as many of us are finding it difficult to feed our family. As we quite appreciate the concept of this programme, we would further appreciate if our stipend is immediately paid....
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by DaBillionnaire: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Sirpaul:
AND YOU WILL LOSE AS WELL......

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by tunapa4dem: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
And you will win.
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Sholaco: 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
Team loser grin

1 Like

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by TimeManager(m): 3:01pm On Sep 05, 2018
David Mark, Pass the weed..

kiss the truth!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by theoldpretender(m): 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
Well....with the middle belt at risk...PDP could win.

The same reasons that drove middle belt states like Nassarawa, Plateau and Benue to APC in 2015...security, etc, have not been solved....so they could go back to PDP....(Nass and Benue went for Buhari in 2015). Kwara and Kogi too are also uncertain, as is Taraba and Adamawa.

He who wins the Middle Belt wins the presidency. Forget other parts of the country...the Middle Belt is where it is at.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by 3millionia: 3:02pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Omooniya1: 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
high weed is working!!
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Sijo01(f): 3:03pm On Sep 05, 2018
By the special grace of God.
The lifeless one have over stayed his welcome angry
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by BruncleZuma: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
grin grin grin grin
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Butterflylleo: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
TimeManager:
David Mark, Pass the weed..

kiss the truth!

The man is seriously under the influence grin

[img]https://media1./images/31ba621b3cc16596c8f05e952884bba5/tenor.gif?itemid=8609157[/img]

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Kingjames(m): 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Indeed, the word of God is true. I call it day dreaming. hear what the Bible say:

Joel 2, 28:

"And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, OLD MEN WILL DREAM DREAMS, your young men will see visions.

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by SalamRushdie: 3:04pm On Sep 05, 2018
Buhari plans to rig but he will be disgraced
Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by Butterflylleo: 3:05pm On Sep 05, 2018
SalamRushdie:
Buhari plans to rig but he will be disgraced

And you saw this in a dream or nightmare?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by kboycrew: 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
Fayose said more than that in Ekiti and lost. PDP is dead

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Buhari Will Lose To PDP ― Mark by yarimo(m): 3:06pm On Sep 05, 2018
So DAVID mark you also smoke WEED? Chaii I laugh in KANURE language Kikihihmimimehahi grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Kidnaps About 16 Women In Adamawa / Multiple Bomb Attack In Maiduguri Kills 5, Wounds 13, Including University Don / Adeyeye: Why I Dumped PDP For APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.