Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,398 members, 7,781,147 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:48 AM

Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! (7731 Views)

Fielding Jonathan, A Mistake – Dr. Raymond Dokpesi / Is Goodluck Jonathan's Facebook A Fraud? / Between Saraki And Jonathan: Is Goodluck Jonathan An Accident Waiting To Happen (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Onlytruth(m): 11:04pm On Jun 30, 2010
So we can either sack Lulu and his gang now and attract FIFA ban for 2 years, or we leave them alone and lament next 10 years of abysmal performance in football. Take your pick.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by chidichris(m): 11:25pm On Jun 30, 2010
this idea make no sense.
arrest and punish offenders and let the office be.
if there is any office that reauires banning, it is aso rock because that office has disappointed the country and citizens of this country from the day one.
jonathan, abeg leave soccer that is the only thing that gives nigerians happiness since everyother thing in the country has failed.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Nobody: 11:50pm On Jun 30, 2010
nothing can be more sensible, bro. Do you know the specific amount GJ (government) spent? He aided a lot of supports from corporate/private organisation. What about the dinner party? The 62 senators in S/A, over 30 NFF state chairmen in S/A. God! This man took the best step!
LOL I pray that this is sarcasm
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mensdept: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
chidichris:

this idea make no sense.
arrest and punish offenders and let the office be.
if there is any office that reauires banning, it is aso rock because that office has disappointed the country and citizens of this country from the day one.
jonathan, abeg leave soccer that is the only thing that gives nigerians happiness since everyother thing in the country has failed.

Please folks, take a look at this debate under the sports section. There you'll find info on this same topic. I say this because here in Politics, many of you guys dont know that it is more than just "arresting and jailing", and "it is just a game".
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Nobody: 12:01am On Jul 01, 2010
Johnathan aka otherwise ban cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 3:07am On Jul 01, 2010
J boy, ban all banables!! grin
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 3:15am On Jul 01, 2010
mikeansy:

Sani Lulu has put in place all machineries to re-elect himself and nobody could stop him. Not even Jonathan can do that without engaging in what will be an open interference in football based on FIFA's definition.

But Nigeria has a choice to be part of FIFA or Not, and the Nigerian authority has jurisdiction to decide what kind of associations can exist in Nigeria or who associations or agencies in Nigeria can relate to especially if it affects our National Interests and common good.

So the Nigerian Government has the power to severe relationships with FIFA in other to sought its football out and FIFA will have no say in our affairs during this window.

It will be up to FIFA though not to re-accept Nigeria if they feel the reasons for Nigeria banning itself was not for the common good of football.

I think this is a smart move and perhaps the only cards available to Jonathan since Sani Lulu wants to play hardball.
governance is not easy o!
you get several opinions from your advisers that contradict themselves.at the end of the day issues that look simple from the outside are muddled up in bureaucracy and political grandstanding.
Having said that, the haphazard way this Ebele man is going about his job is bewildering.You just can't discern any direction in government policies and directives.
To the issue at hand, if Sani Lulu has perfected his script as claimed in the post above, what stops EFCC from bringing him to book?
Does FIFA prohibit criminal investigations?
Why not send EFCC after Lulu and his fellow crooks while allowing them hold their positions from cell,next door to Bode George?
How in God's name does this move solve anything?
In addition to sending EFCC after Lulu,why not just starve NFF of funds (i know they will still have FIFA grants to chop but it will not be enough)?
Why not make an example with Lulu to an extent that loafers will be scared of running for NFF elections?
Do the supporters of this silly move realise that if the impending FIFA ban is lifted in 10 years time, Lulu's board will still be reinstated as a pre -condition for lifting the ban?

I will appreciate answers to these questions.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Kobojunkie: 4:15am On Jul 01, 2010
mbulela:

Having said that, the haphazard way this Ebele man is going about his job is bewildering[b].[size=13pt]You just can't discern any direction in government policies and directives.[/size][/b]

That is just it!
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by hatch: 4:52am On Jul 01, 2010
They say intoxicates absolutely.
Kinda reminds me of the later filipino leader Fedinard Marcos in the early 80's.
Fact remains that both Sanni Lulu and Goodluck Jonathan are obviously clueless about football and have no business calling the shots.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Myself2(m): 6:11am On Jul 01, 2010
No he's not,I thunk it's corrupt,looting peeps like Amos Adamu,Bolaji Ojoba and blind unreasonable peeps like Ibime that are megalomaniacs

Should we have continued wallowing in this rot,incompetence and disgrace
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by naijaking1: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2010
mbulela:

governance is not easy o!
you get several opinions from your advisers that contradict themselves.at the end of the day issues that look simple from the outside are muddled up in bureaucracy and political grandstanding.
Having said that, the haphazard way this Ebele man is going about his job is bewildering.You just can't discern any direction in government policies and directives.
To the issue at hand, if Sani Lulu has perfected his script as claimed in the post above, what stops EFCC from bringing him to book?
Does FIFA prohibit criminal investigations?
Why not send EFCC after Lulu and his fellow crooks while allowing them hold their positions from cell,next door to Bode George?
How in God's name does this move solve anything?
In addition to sending EFCC after Lulu,why not just starve NFF of funds (i know they will still have FIFA grants to chop but it will not be enough)?
Why not make an example with Lulu to an extent that loafers will be scared of running for NFF elections?
Do the supporters of this silly move realise that if the impending FIFA ban is lifted in 10 years time, Lulu's board will still be reinstated as a pre -condition for lifting the ban?
I will appreciate answers to these questions.

I'm not just going to let you slide with so much unreasonable venom poured on the President for a very difficult bureacratic mess. Before I begin, let me say that as drastic as this move sounds to people who don't know better, it's actually what we need in Nigeria short of a Jerry Rawlings treatment for the administrators and untouchable larger than life politicians in the ministry.

I would even suggest that the president not limit his sledge hammer on this team alone, he should hit the whole sports ministry. It's a well known joke that the various sports divisions are headed by people who not only have no idea how to play the sport, but frustrate the development of the these sports they are supposed to be promoting. Over the past 50-60 years Nigerians have been playing soccer, why is the NFF not headed by one of these retired national stars?

What we have now is what you get when you replace talent with ethnicity, religion, and mediocrity. Why is people like Lulu running our NFF? Lulu who? one may ask. Just like Sani Kaita, and the one other slowpoke running our CBN; these people cannot deliver more than they have. I mean in terms of talent, management, or even playing football, they just don't have it.
Because of overwhelming need to showcase federal character, our sports divisions are being taken over Hausa people who neither understand the game nor even really care for it. How do you explain having Hausa muslims running the women's sports division when they don't allow their own women to participate in sports at all

I am especially disappointed in your position, because you're well aware that these misfits were pushed into "lucrative" federal positions by the late president Yar'dua whom you supported whole heartedly. They got into office for one and only reason: they are Hausa people, not because they know the game better than any other person, or have better administrative skills, or better qualified, or even cared about the whole country. They were there for their own selfish and sectional interests.

EFCC couldn't start probing Lulu without him crying to FIFA, you know it, but withdrawing from FIFA would give us the opportunity to put our own house inorder. Whether the ban last 2 years or 10 years, it really doesn't matter, what's important is that the sports, the ministry, and the culture be sanitized. No victory could have come out of such a srewed-up system.

Kobojunkie:

That is just it!
That's not it. You're looking from your myopic and tribal colored lenses as usual.
hatch#:

They say intoxicates absolutely.
Kinda reminds me of the later filipino leader Fedinard Marcos in the early 80's.
Fact remains that both Sanni Lulu and Goodluck Jonathan Sani Kaita are obviously clueless about football and have no business calling the shots.
I thought you made an honest mistake.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 8:08am On Jul 01, 2010
^^^^
Ibime, come and attend to your friend o!
I would have been surprised if this epistle ended without mention of "that slowpoke running our CBN".
After reading your epistle, i 'jump and pass'
I will be glad if you attend to my questions highlighted in bold sequentially.
Then we can begin to discuss.
Another point, if you ever want me to have a discourse with you, kindly desist from ethnic and religious sentiments.
I am unable to discuss along those lines.
Kindly pardon my inability in that respect.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by naijaking1: 9:04am On Jul 01, 2010
^^^^
Reality bites grin grin grin
Can't face the truth about Hausa domination of the sports ministry angry
So long buddy, as long as you don't come here yapping as if we all fools.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by mbulela: 10:53am On Jul 01, 2010
naijaking1:

^^^^
Reality bites grin grin grin
Can't face the truth about Hausa domination of the sports ministry angry
So long buddy, as long as you don't come here yapping as if we all fools.
i was hoping you will keep away from the insults.
enjoy your warped wisdom.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by NOWORRIES: 10:57am On Jul 01, 2010
politician and not footballers have failed nigerian for the past 50 years and yet they are getting no BAN

NONESENSE

they politician in ghana are not are crooky as 9ja
no wonder they people [footballers] are doing well
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Gbawe: 12:43pm On Jul 01, 2010
There is nothing arbitrary or dictatorial about Jonathan's actions if one truly understands the current situation of Nigeria and what it will take to bring about progress. You cannot preach to Jonathan about the evil nature of the various cabals holding Nigeria down in every aspects of our national existence.

Jonathan now understands that cabals must be dismantled instantly and without ambivalence otherwise they grow stronger and do greater damage. The NFF needs to be disbanded . Simple . There are far too many incompetent and grossly corrupt individuals running our sports into the ground because of their lack of technocratic expertise. Very few of the NFF top administrators were employed on merit.

I keep saying to Nigerians that the main thing other nations are doing different to us is that they are shunning nepotism and bias in adopting merit as the main criteria for employing individuals to influential positions.
After OBJ's gangster period , when overt thugs and criminals became Governors , we are now beginning to understand that you cannot use square pegs in round holes.

Jonathan should simply back up this move by showing FIFA evidence of the gross corruption at the glass house. I am sure FIFA will be shocked enough to quickly reverse any ban meted out to Nigeria.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by naijaking1: 12:56pm On Jul 01, 2010
^^^^
Thank you. Calling the president names wouldn't cut it.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by youngies(m): 1:26pm On Jul 01, 2010
When it rains, it pours!
Now this might be the beginning of the disintegration of FIFA if they don't take care
FIFA's law of "non interference" is obnoxious and high-handed. Just like their 'no go area' with goal line technology.
Many countries are frustrated with FIFA already. There is no way EFCC can take on LULU and co effectively without attracting FIFA's hammer

Let FIFA and CAF come up with whatever additional ban they can think of
There is no law any where in the world that says a group of countries cannot come together and form there own association. It has happened before in Boxing.
FIKA - Federation of International Kickball Association.

The new name of the beautiful game will be KICKBALL

Nigeria, France, Italy and many more countries may become the pioneer members
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Freiburger(m): 1:28pm On Jul 01, 2010
It simply shows he is a coward.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by sulad82i(m): 1:29pm On Jul 01, 2010
This makes me laugh.
It shows how senseless our president is, cos it does not speak well of him
the same s.hit was done by the late abacha which eventually derail super eagle and make them look like a joke to most countries. Cos of the abacha decision and fifa's ban, Nigeria now lives in its ghost self of the past.
We should just forget that nigeria will ever be represented in international settings the way we once know after this ordeal.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by jmoore(m): 1:33pm On Jul 01, 2010
I think the president went to far. This will affect the female team also.  We will not play any qualifier for two years, our football clubs will not participate in caf league which brings revenue to them. The president was ill-advised by governor of rivers state
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by maxtop(m): 1:40pm On Jul 01, 2010
Personally i think it was a good riddance to a bad rubbish. These so called winglees Eagles have giving us enough heart attack and i welcome the Mr.president ban as something that will go a long way to check out any future occurrence. All we need is a dedicated, committed and disciplined playa who are ready to serve there fatherland instead of enriching their pockets.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by DejiYesufu(m): 1:47pm On Jul 01, 2010
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Kx: 1:54pm On Jul 01, 2010
Assuming king solomon killed the baby in dispute in the bible, would that have solved the problem?

Just for one man,lulu and his board, jonathan took dis decision.
what about other boards,what about nepa,etc,aint they corrupt? have they been banned?

Our decisions should speak of wisdom.am afraid this decision was hasty.

One last question, if u want to renovate a building,do you crush it down first?
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by harpo(m): 1:58pm On Jul 01, 2010
PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN

Im not sure all this is necessary just do a proper propbe of that NFf, overhaul it and make sure they all pay for stealing and mismanagement if found guilty and retire as many as possible, because that is where the real corruption is coming from and our football could be better
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by sim1050: 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2010
This is a self defeatist idea. So when a team fails to perform, you make them better by preventing them from playing. It doesn't make sense. I think we have far more pressing problems than the world cup

[center]www.greatbooks.350.com[/center]
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by fugocisse: 2:08pm On Jul 01, 2010
speak for ur self AND NOT FOR US, IGBOS! WE DID NOT MAKE YOU OUR FIGURE HEAD! every man has his own opinion when it comes to the nigerians issues.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by eddybanty(m): 2:09pm On Jul 01, 2010
with all these unfolding, what becomes of largerback and the coaching crew, Shuaibu  

Amodu must be smiling to himself, Last laugh u would say.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by spako4(m): 2:22pm On Jul 01, 2010
Mr President should beware of bad advisers.This decision has portrayed him as a dictator,
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by tunku(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2010
I am convinced that some people do not know the limits of their own stupidity. I cannot fathom how any football loving Nigerian could be against this rightly justified move against the NFF. First of all, those saying this should have been dealt with by the EFCC, the EFCC is part of the government; Any investigation would have incurred the wrath of Fifa. Second, Nigeria's failing is not solely the fault of players or coaches, but, as we all would readily admit, the NFF with its open and venal corruption to such an extent that it was actually costing Nigeria more in heartache and money for it to stay like this. Again, two years without football international football is not the end of the world. And anyone defending the rights of the NFF board as it currently is, is clearly off their rockers. Let the hammer come down on Lulu and co. To be quite  honest the fact that The board gets to live is way too generous imo. And no, please stop making false equivocations between Nigerian and European side. Lulu has no shame nor would he have retired like Escalettes of the FFF.
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Jeboy(m): 2:31pm On Jul 01, 2010
I think d problem most of us have is a clear understanding about the big picture.

One it is overwhelmingly clear that there is endemic corruption in the glass house NFF.Dis can be seen in football performance in Naija for over a decade.

Secondly the Govt. are the major sponsors till today. Most Private companies have refused to invest big time in Nig football because of the corruption and lack of transparency and technical expertise associated with NFF

NFF always hide under the cover of Govt. Interference which FIFA frowns out but such laws were made by FIFA for the good of football in a civilised and transparent environment

If govt. just try to clean the NFF alone with EFCC, they will still cry fowl to FIFA and accuse govt of interferance which will ultimately lead to ban

Now do we continue to put the future of Nigerian football in a bleak because we re afraid of FIFA sanctions for the selfish reasons of enjoying participation in Int'l football when their is rot underneath hindering laudable improvement

Let us look at what d country stand to gain from this rather than our selfish gains of wanting to enjoy participation of Nigeria in Int'l football when its evident that all is not well.

For me its not about just the dismall performance in d worldcup but a drastic change in d way we do our things. The govt. is just using d world cup as an avenue. So If u ask me I thinks its better for us in the long run.

Though it is going to be painful seeing our young talents and other cadre of teams not participating but that may be the needed price for the change we desire.

Hence the decision to ban herself from FIFA competition to allow govt. do the required overhauling and sanitisation
Re: Is Goodluck Jonathan A Megalomaniac: Bans Super Eagles For 2 Years! by Beaf: 2:44pm On Jul 01, 2010
Playing with numbers. grin
It puts 9ja to shame, big time! We need to suspend, disband, reject, thrash. . . Whatever can be done to destroy the current NFF, should be done. cool

[table]
[tr][td]Country[/td][td]World Cup 2010 points      [/td][td]FIFA Ranking      [/td][td]Population      [/td][td]Total Number of Teams     
Population Can Produce     
[/td][td]# Nigeria Should Be Better By     
(Based On Population)     
[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Nigeria[/td][td]1[/td][td]21[/td][td]154,729,000[/td][td]14,066,273[/td][td]N/A[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Ghana[/td][td]4 (still truckin')[/td][td]32[/td][td]23,837,000[/td][td]2,167,000[/td][td]6.5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Côte d'Ivoire[/td][td]0[/td][td]27[/td][td]20,617,068[/td][td]1,874,279[/td][td]7.5[/td][/tr]
[/table]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Plateau Indigenes Kick Over New Igp / How Nigerian Newspapers Would Have Reported US Elections / Niger Delta Will Continue To Push For Increased Derivation - Uduaghan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.