Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,857 members, 7,806,423 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:24 PM

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. (30166 Views)

Poll: How do you rate the changes, compared to her original look?

I prefer the original look.: 12% (2 votes)
I prefer the new look.: 68% (11 votes)
I'm undecided.: 6% (1 vote)
I've no preference.: 12% (2 votes)
This poll has ended

t-die's 2002 Audi A4 B6 (3.0 V6) Quattro Sedan Restoration Project. / Audi S8 (AHC) 4,2L V8 32V Into Audi A4 B5 Quattro Sport. / Vw Passat Or Audi A4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2010
Some on here may remember my project car, a '96 Audi A4 Quattro Sport, which I built, with work commencing 17th November 2007, and completed 28th February 2008.

The base car was a '96 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 2,6L V6. I then built her into a B5 RS4 Sedan. Keen Audi fans will know Audi only built this fire-breathing monster in the estate bodyshell (Avant). I Proceeded to transform the stock sedan into an RS4, using brand new genuine Audi parts. The 150hp 2,6L V6 was also replaced with a 340hp 4,2L V8, from a 2001 Audi S8.

Sadly, this creation was written off this year. On the 19th April, a wooden pallet broke free from a trailer on the A14. One minute, the road in front of me was clear, next thing a wooden pallet came at me, I had no time to take evasive action. It smashed into my bonnet, which burst open, and obscured my screen. As I wasn't sure what was in front of me, I drove off the road, and something hidden in the grass verge tore off my oil pan, I did shut down the engine, but it was obvious all wasn't well with the motor!

The damage was extensive - bonnet mangled, grille broken, radiator punctured, screen smashed, roof mangled, sunroof smashed, rear screen smashed. It was obvious this car was beyond help.

Luckily, I was fully comprehensively covered, and as it was a show car, I had an agreed value policy. This meant the total loss team valued it at a sum agreed by myself, so the pay out would reflect this, rather than the market value of a standard Audi A4 quattro.

I have purchased a new replacement - a 2002 B6 Audi A4 Avant 3,0L V6 30V Tiptronic. This is of course ripe to modify, and over the next few months, I'll chronicle the build. The first change will be to get rid of the nasty 5-speed tiptronic transmission. It works well, but I'm a manual fan, and as an enthusiastic driver, prefer to shift my own cogs. I will be fitting the 6-speed manual from my old B5. This car is going to evolve into a very different animal than she currently is. Of course, as all my Audi's have always been, she's 4WD, ready to handle the power she'll be putting out, after her heart's been with something more manly, in the shape of a beefy. . . watch this space!

4 Likes

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2010
Here are some pictures of my old, written-off B5 RS4 rep. I'm glad my wife wasn't in the car with me when it met it's sad demise - she'd have gone into early labour for sure! grin

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:05pm On Jun 30, 2010
. . . And how she used to look, prior to the accident:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 30, 2010
And this brings us to my new project, a 2002 B6 Audi A4 Avant 3,0L V6 30V Tiptronic. She's pretty stock at present, but won't remain so for long:

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jun 30, 2010
More bog-standard pictures:  wink

Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by debosky(m): 10:35pm On Jun 30, 2010
Sad to hear about the demise of the former ride - I followed it's rebuilding closely.

Glad to hear you have a new baby to remake - I trust you'll do a better job this time around. cool
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 30, 2010
debosky:

Sad to hear about the demise of the former ride - I followed it's rebuilding closely.

Glad to hear you have a new baby to remake - I trust you'll do a better job this time around.  cool

You bet she'll be better - well, different!

I'll chronicle the stages as they unfold. I wonder if anyone will be able to guess what colour she'll be when completed. . . wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by inspiredm(m): 11:38pm On Jun 30, 2010
Siena:

You bet she'll be better - well, different!

I'll chronicle the stages as they unfold. I wonder if anyone will be able to guess what colour she'll be when completed. . . wink

''Brownness'' Comes As Standard

I guess Brown Color

*****Heavily Subscribing to thread******
  wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 12:22am On Jul 01, 2010
^^^ LMAO! A brown car?? shocked
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by inspiredm(m): 12:55am On Jul 01, 2010
Siena:

^^^ LMAO! A brown car??  shocked

Yeah,

Ive not pretty much seen an Orange Colored Car until i saw Your Audi B5,

So im guessing Brown cos maybe you love unique Colors. 

The Black on it is cool anyway, Can still be retained.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Busybody2(f): 12:57am On Jul 01, 2010
Awwwww that mango yellow contraption tongue tongue tongue

I know what the new colour is gonna be, its my fav colours too - sorbet pink with turquoise trim, heavenly bliss grin

debosky:

Glad to hear you have [size=14pt]a new baby[/size] to remake - I trust you'll do a better job this time around. cool

A new baby and a "new" baby shocked Only you, your username ought to be changed to Superman then tongue Well i wager a bet you'd have to wait for one of the babies to leave home at the age of 18 before getting the time to start working on the "new" baby  tongue cheesy
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 1:01am On Jul 01, 2010
Everybody just dey born pikin up and down. My turn dey come. . . . coming soon tongue

Congrats Sienna cheesy
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Busybody2(f): 1:26am On Jul 01, 2010
FL Gators:

Everybody just dey born pikin up and down. My turn dey come. . . . coming soon tongue

Congrats Sienna cheesy

Heard you had triplets too Flguguru, congrats, wonder which kain soap or water all of una dey use wey dey make you people fertile, i want some too lipsrsealed As you can see, this is a serious thread so If you reply me peren, i will report you to the admin for an outright ban for derailing the thread tongue
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by chelseabmw(m): 1:30am On Jul 01, 2010
sienna

whats happening here.Just asking.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by nkc(m): 6:13am On Jul 01, 2010
siena

sorry bro, thank God ur okay

and u didnt allow me drive it , hmmmm

well will sure drive this new one in october, be prepared oooooo grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 01, 2010
inspired_m:

Yeah,
Ive not pretty much seen an Orange Colored Car until i saw Your Audi B5,
So im guessing Brown cos maybe you love unique Colors. 

[b]The Black on it is cool anyway, Can still be retained.[/b]

Ha! I like brown on people, but on cars. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

There is some significance in the emboldened text. wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2010
chelseabmw:

sienna whats happening here.Just asking.

I'm building a show car. The blue B6 Audi A4 is my base car. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 01, 2010
nkc:

siena
sorry bro, thank God your okay
and u didnt allow me drive it , hmmmm
well will sure drive this new one in october, be prepared oooooo grin

We thank God, it could have been worse - I could have been killed.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:39am On Jul 01, 2010
FL Gators:

Congrats Sienna cheesy

Thanks, FLG. wink Anything we should know? wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 01, 2010
Busy_body:

Awwwww that mango yellow contraption tongue tongue tongue
I know what the new colour is gonna be, its my fav colours too - sorbet pink with turquoise trim, heavenly bliss grin

Kai! You've started again, huh? She was Orange! Orange!! Orange!!! grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by keba(m): 8:00am On Jul 01, 2010
Aahhh, , so sorry for your lose but i guess the next one would be purple, cheesy grin
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by knotty(m): 8:07am On Jul 01, 2010
Hey sienna, are you selling the accidented car as salvaged?

we can arrange shipment to Naija sharp sharp for a clean rebuild.

sorry about your accident, though.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by bruv(m): 10:25am On Jul 01, 2010
@Sienna; Geez Bruv, you sure are an AUDI nutter! I respect your passion. More grease and happy safe motoring. "we await her reveal, "
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by ceaser: 10:33am On Jul 01, 2010
Siena:

Here are some pictures of my old, written-off B5 RS4 rep. I'm glad my wife wasn't in the car with me when it met it's sad demise - she'd have gone into early labour for sure! grin

Hi. I wasn't on Nairaland when you worked on the first ride. Sorry about the loss. Well, I'm an avid fan of DIY stuffs and have been seriously thinking of engadgeting a 2000 Primera with some wao-this-is-crazy stuffs. Things like carputers and some other in-cabin automation. Problem is as far as Nigeria is these materials are not readily available. In-dash touchscreen LCD panel displays, mini-ATX motherboards, fibreglass moulding kits are a few example. Some stores like mp3car.com, xenarc technologies and chinavasion.com has materials but problems with delivery and quality.
I'm therefore of the opinion that we could exchange ideas and also help facilitate sourcing for these things if they're readily available in the UK. What d'you say?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by dantitiki(m): 10:39am On Jul 01, 2010
What a nice ride to be lost!

Expecting the nicer coming up.

Thumbs up bruv!

Kind regards.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by 190: 11:13am On Jul 01, 2010
Cheii
The death of my car~

I hate this new one
Looks like a wrenched 1960 volks bettle
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 01, 2010
keba:

Aahhh, , so sorry for your lose but i guess the next one would be purple, cheesy grin

Lol, we'll see. . . wink
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 01, 2010
ceaser:

Hi. I wasn't on Nairaland when you worked on the first ride. Sorry about the loss. Well, I'm an avid fan of DIY stuffs and have been seriously thinking of engadgeting a 2000 Primera with some wao-this-is-crazy stuffs. Things like carputers and some other in-cabin automation. Problem is as far as Nigeria is these materials are not readily available. In-dash touchscreen LCD panel displays, mini-ATX motherboards, fibreglass moulding kits are a few example. Some stores like mp3car.com, xenarc technologies and chinavasion.com has materials but problems with delivery and quality.
I'm therefore of the opinion that we could exchange ideas and also help facilitate sourcing for these things if they're readily available in the UK. What d'you say?

I may be able to help - give me a call when you get some spare time. My number's 07818 228 225.
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jul 01, 2010
knotty:

Hey sienna, are you selling the accidented car as salvaged?
we can arrange shipment to Naija sharp sharp for a clean rebuild.
sorry about your accident, though.

Unfortunately, I've pretty much stripped the damaged car for parts, and most are sold. I can however, supply you a base car, and all the panels required to build one in Nigeria. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jul 01, 2010
dantitiki:

What a nice ride to be lost!
Expecting the nicer coming up.
Thumbs up bruv!
Kind regards.

Thanks buddy. smiley
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by tlife(m): 9:51pm On Jul 01, 2010
Sorry about the loss Siena. Did your airbag deploy during the crash?
Re: Siena's Project B6 Audi A4 Quattro - First Pictures. by Midas02(m): 6:44am On Jul 02, 2010
Siena attaboy! , go ahead and give us something new to drool over and while you are at it, , burn a few rings around those arrogant 'M3' brats!. By the way, I keep pining to see you and one of your eccentric creations on a TopGear episode - hanging out with Jeremy Clarkson and 'The Stig'! I will give an arm and a leg to see what the 'Stig' would have done with that B5 RS4 on the track before it was damaged! So, I hope and pray it will happen with this new creation??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Traffic Laws And Penalties / Experienced Drivers, How Do We Solve This Kind Of Tyre Issue? / Toyota Sienna In Road Accident In Anambra, Driver Disappears As 1 Die, 4 Injured

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.