Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,004 members, 7,803,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:52 PM

2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race (19028 Views)

Uche Ogah Declares To Join Abia Governorship Race (Video) / Governor Tambuwal Joins 2023 Race, Formally Declares For Presidency / Dele Momodu Reacts As Jide Sanwoolu Joins Governorship Race In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by hasyak(m): 6:04pm On Sep 06, 2018
Africonji:
Smh. This thief should focus on his Efcc case and his business instead of wasting money on a hopeless venture. There is no vacancy in Abia till 2023. OVI all the way. Whoever know Uche Ogah should advice him not to waste his money because even I will follow to chop his money if he decide to campaign, but nothing for him in the end. Mark my words.
Can't understand this hatred, you called him thief? Why? When was he convicted of stealing? Even if don't like him show some respect for yourself, because you just displayed how uncultured you are..

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Banmeallday: 6:11pm On Sep 06, 2018
FOOLISH FOOLS THEY ARE...All hoping to steal and loot
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by CodeXI: 6:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
Uche is just a thief in disguise, please these are same guys that defrauded this beautiful country during the time of subsidy. He should be investigated and made to face the wrath of the law. All he wants is t push his business through the government house. I pity those that will support his ideas. if his ideas were that good then his businesses ( filling station ) should be booming.if you doubt check any masters energy filling station in your state.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by poseidon12: 6:33pm On Sep 06, 2018
Good candidate, wrong party in Abia State.
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by zuma4k(m): 7:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Elections are not won/lost online, quit the ranting, get your PVCs and vote your preferred candidates... As for me, OVI TILL 2023!

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Iceathome(m): 7:16pm On Sep 06, 2018
Dr. Alex Otti is the man for Abia State. Ogah has made a second mistake in his political ambition by accepting to declare today to gather more supporters to Apc for Chris Akomas an Ngwaman who will get Apc primary ticket. Its politics though.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by fortunechy(m): 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
since he decide to join killer party, he will lose forever
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Bullhari007(m): 7:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
My Man forget it, we love you but you are in the wrong Party... Ikpeazu we know cheesy grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Iceathome(m): 7:49pm On Sep 06, 2018
Pdp time is over in Abia. The run is btw Dr. Alex Otti masses support and Apc federal might.

Bullhari007:
My Man forget it, we love you but you are in the wrong Party... Ikpeazu we know cheesy grin tongue

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
movetoca:
Abians should forget party affiliation and vote the right candidate this time, Bleep PDP. The evil party has failed that state for over 20 years and Ikpeazu is just another monkey like Thief after orji (T.A orji). I feel ashamed everytime I go to Aba for business. If he can't fix one road in 4 fvcking years, Then what are you guys doing with such a lifeless being.
am an abian,and I stand with ovi-uche is a good alternative though
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 7:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
CHIMCO:
In a sane clime OVI will get Third place after the Election. Tagging behind Alex and Ogah. OVI is a monumental failure. May God liberate Abians from political bonage OVI is celebrating.
why is it that its mostly non-abians that are trying to choose abia's next governor?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by LadyExcellency: 8:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
mrvitalis:

Abia in terms of revenue is no worse than enugu or anambra... And this state are doing better, far better

I'm from IMO and we are not doing well too

But aba as you know has over 300,000 shops and industries and the average shop in aba pays one tax or the other amounting to over 5000 naira every month and you know that

Not to talk about the main companies and the Tax they pay... Igr of abia should be nothing less than 70bn every year can even go as high as 150bn

Plus allocation of over 70bn if you add local government you get more

What is it being used for...

It won't take 200bn to turn aba around in thems of road and infastructure

We need a smart person with proven track record who can channel abia money for abains

All I see is inexperience. Paper logic and lack of problem definition.

Abia State monthly wage bill is N2.5 billion which is three time that of Ebonyi State and 25% more than Enugu State. Hiwever, apart from the cost of running ministries, agencies and parastatals which is astronomical the cost of maintaining the current political and Judicial structures is way over board.

Do you know that the government budgeted N120 billion for the past year but ended up accomplishing around 50% of the budget.

So, your so called N200 billion to transform Aba is no money my dear and the State can't generate such money without crippling most businesses and middle-class workers and entrepreneurs.

Buhari also thought it was just all about postulations and paper logic but started mourning for lack of inheritance as soon as he was elected. By the way savings is not supported by our current constitution.
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 8:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Abia State monthly wage bill is N2.5 billion which is three time that of Ebonyi State and 25% more than Enugu State. Hiwever, apart from the cost of running ministries, agencies and parastatals which is astronomical the cost of maintaining the current political and Judicial structures is way over board.

Do you know that the government budgeted N120 billion for the past year but ended up accomplishing around 50% of the budget.

So, your so called N200 billion to transform Aba is no money my dear and the State can't generate such money without crippling most businesses and middle-class workers and entrepreneurs.

Buhari also thought it was just all about postulations and paper logic but started mourning for lack of inheritance as soon as he was elected. By the way savings is not supported by our current constitution.
9ice points.Their are only 2 SE state paying the set minimium wage of 18,500 (abia happens to be one).

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by senatordave1(m): 8:39pm On Sep 06, 2018
eduj:

9ice points.Their are only 2 SE state paying the set minimium wage of 18,500 (abia happens to be one).
Ikpeazu has failed.i see otti winning.even ogah is a better candidate but apc isnt that strong in abia.i think ogah is trying to use his popularity to gather votes for buhari.
The best way for ikpeazu to be removed is through an alliance between apga and apc with otti being governor and ogah his deputy.it will overrun pdp.i see ikpeazu going to make a deal with buhari to get abia votes for buhari while buhari will give him federal might during the guber polls
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by spencekat(m): 8:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
CHIMCO:
In a sane clime OVI will get Third place after the Election. Tagging behind Alex and Ogah. OVI is a monumental failure. May God liberate Abians from political bonage OVI is celebrating.
Thank you
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 8:52pm On Sep 06, 2018
This guy is too funny.

Currently owing his staff over a year's salaries after cutting their wages by 25% across board.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Ojiofor: 8:58pm On Sep 06, 2018
Mankosi:
Is it not the same guy that lost last time?

He lost at the PDP primaries to Okezie not in governorship election.
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Iceathome(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Bros, your grammer can't save you from the blunders you made towards Abia state issue of governance.

Abia State govt is criminal by the pdp. I can't expose my state here but have it in mind we are changing this govt whether pdp equity or not. Enough is Enough.

Buhari also thought it was just all about postulations and paper logic but started mourning for lack of inheritance as soon as he was elected. By the way savings is not supported by our current constitution.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 9:30pm On Sep 06, 2018
senatordave1:

Ikpeazu has failed.i see otti winning.even ogah is a better candidate but apc isnt that strong in abia.i think ogah is trying to use his popularity to gather votes for buhari.
The best way for ikpeazu to be removed is through an alliance between apga and apc with otti being governor and ogah his deputy.it will overrun pdp.i see ikpeazu going to make a deal with buhari to get abia votes for buhari while buhari will give him federal might during the guber polls
that ikpeazu has failed or not is open to debate.To me he is abia's best and no matter the outcome next year,just like ngige for anambra,he has raised the bar of leadership in abia.
but I see him winning next year because of a whole lot of reasons that are similar to why buhari would win.
1) last I know of,ikpeazus home block of obingwa (apga learnt how popular he his in obingwa some weeks ago) and osisioma account for over 30% of abias voters,input the other 5 or7 ukwa-ngwa lgas and he wins with some margine.
2)His deputy if from the ohafia axis .The ohafians are the 3rd biggest voting zone in abia,already ovi's popularity in that region is high because of the ohafia ring road ,bridges and the fact that the ohafians are hoping to support him in hope of producing the next governor.
3) with the defection of heavy weights like ufomba and toto,apga lost most of their structure in abia central.
4) 20 something states would be conducting elections concurrently ,it would be impossible for a concenterated show of fed might and money like what happened in ekiti state.Besides the current governor seem to be quite close to some "oga at the top" in Apc.
5)apc fielding ogah and apga fielding oti would drastically reduce their individual votes-ogah and oti have considerable followership in abia north.
6)power of incumbency
7)Above all,ovi is performing .From his model schools to his concrete roads,to his revamping of industries like the golden guniea brewery umuahia etc,I see him winning.
But I might be wrong and he gets butted out by my brothers.Am glad that about the calibre of people my state has contesting elections .May the best win.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by senatordave1(m): 9:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
eduj:

that ikpeazu has failed or not is open to debate.To me he is abia's best and no matter the outcome next year,just like ngige for anambra,he has raised the bar of leadership in abia.
but I see him winning next year because of a whole lot of reasons that are similar to why buhari would win.
1) last I know of,ikpeazus home block of obingwa (apga learnt how popular he his in obingwa some weeks ago) and osisioma account for over 30% of abias voters,input the other 5 or7 ukwa-ngwa lgas and he wins with some margine.
2)His deputy if from the ohafia axis .The ohafians are the 3rd biggest voting zone in abia,already ovi's popularity in that region is high because of the ohafia ring road ,bridges and the fact that the ohafians are hoping to support him in hope of producing the next governor.
3) with the defection of heavy weights like ufomba and toto,apga lost most of their structure in abia central.
4) 20 something states would be conducting elections concurrently ,it would be impossible for a concenterated show of fed might and money like what happened in ekiti state.Besides the current governor seem to be quite close to some "oga at the top" in Apc.
5)apc fielding ogah and apga fielding oti would drastically reduce their individual votes-ogah and oti have considerable followership in abia north.
6)power of incumbency
7)Above all,ovi is performing .From his model schools to his concrete roads,to his revamping of industries like the golden guniea brewery umuahia etc,I see him winning.
But I might be wrong and he gets butted out by my brothers.Am glad that about the calibre of people my state has contesting elections .May the best win.
Majority of abians here and offline say ikpeazu has failed.if not ouk wont still be the most loved ex governor.if its free and fair,ikpeazu will lose heavily.obingwa doesnt have the 3rd highest voting population has,bende has actually with 100,000,obijngwa has 87000.
Me and you know that what happened in obingwa was fake and fraudulent meant to stop otti from winning.in reality,not up to 20,000 votes were casted in obingwa.pdp simply inflated the figures in desperation to help otti.with new technology from inec,this will never happen again if not you will see a counter inflation from bende.
If otti actually loses out next year,he will get it in 2023.anyway,my priority is for buhari to get 25% in abia
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Bullhari007(m): 11:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
Iceathome:
Pdp time is over in Abia. The run is btw Dr. Alex Otti masses support and Apc federal might.

hahahahaha this your dream might be possible the day Apga go win governorship election in Lagos state
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by pazienza(m): 11:31pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ogah chose the wrong party. It's a pity.
All hope is now on Otti.

PDP has lost FG powers, Ikpeazu cannot hope to repeat the Obingwa massive rigging this time around. The APC controlled FG would rather Abia fell into APGA than remain with PDP.

Ikpeazu like all those before him had failed Abia

Abians must break free of the evil wicked and public funds embezzling streak, OUK imposed on Abia,which had snowballed into Ikpeazu of today.

Abia needs a clean slate, the type Anambra got when the money bags were swept off the state by Peter Obi emergence.

Ikpeazu and TA has to go down, for Abia to rise.

All true Igbos, who are not blinded by clannish politics or by crumps coming off Ikpeazu and his "papa nnukwu", wish for the above to happen. If Abia don't get it right in 2019, Abians would likely become objects of mockery before other Igbos, seeing as their inability to get their priorities right in choosing right leaders had left the state, especially Aba, to turn to object of ridicule, for Ndiigbo, before other Nigerians.

5 Likes

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Santuspuer(m): 12:16am On Sep 07, 2018
All these idiots criticizing Ogah are people who do not want progress in our state,go to Ogah's community if you want to know who he truly is,he is 100% better than the present governor who cannot even pay pensioners and teachers.Truth be told!!!,thanks.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by Nobody: 12:43am On Sep 07, 2018
senatordave1:

Majority of abians here and offline say ikpeazu has failed.if not ouk wont still be the most loved ex governor.if its free and fair,ikpeazu will lose heavily.obingwa doesnt have the 3rd highest voting population has,bende has actually with 100,000,obijngwa has 87000.
Me and you know that what happened in obingwa was fake and fraudulent meant to stop otti from winning.in reality,not up to 20,000 votes were casted in obingwa.pdp simply inflated the figures in desperation to help otti.with new technology from inec,this will never happen again if not you will see a counter inflation from bende.
If otti actually loses out next year,he will get it in 2023.anyway,my priority is for buhari to get 25% in abia
I wrote ohafia not obingwa (as of 2 months ago abias registered voters was 5000 short of being 2m ).Going by naijas last census,ohafia has more population (almost twice than bende lga).
Am almost confident that you are not an abian or residing in the state,I would try to correct some misnomer's.
ouk's popularity is a myth-a result of a well groomed media image ,is it because of his so called "china roads"?or his mamacracy (igba egbusi)? neopotism ? or his mendacious nature? some one who was gov when abia's igr was 20m per anum for 8 years,yet he cant point to 1-3 legacy projects of his standing ? someone who had a factory at ph road (neyar) yet he couldn't repair the road.
Hope you know he has lost twice in his bid for the senate ?
And pls don't get me started on the legitimacy of abia 2015 elections.If buhari- whom you rep-could get almost 7 million votes fron 3 states in his region (many northern states had a voter turnout of 80% and above ,some 90%),why can't ovi get 80,000 from his lga ? oti was busy flying round the state in chartered helicopters,moving in a convoy of the Nigerian military ( even governors make do with the police).What was oti doing at the Inec office (the gist is that he was with dangote) prior to inec canceling the results of obingwa and osisioma lga's ? can otti claim he didn't buy votes during the election's of 2015?
The candidates pdp presents for the presidential elections of next year ,would go a long way in determining what % of votes buhari gets.The NK issue,python dance,the austere economy and fear of herdsmen are mitigating against his potential votes in the SE (although if he doles out the kind of cash Apc did at ekiti,anything is possible).Let me end by pointing out that abias present gov is the ist that has been defended by many abians on Nairaland. Uche ogah would have given ovi a run for his money,but is see him falling victim to sterotyping (being a member of Apc).Wish he is the apga flag bearer.

1 Like

Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by ObaOloye: 5:32am On Sep 07, 2018
amaniro:
Some of you don't know Abia politics so shut up. He is going to loose to ikpeazu and 2023 might be a good time for him but not now

Where has Abia politics got you now?? Abia state is just full of praise singers, ass lickers and cock suckers. Whoever is in power is wonderful like God even when the people benefit absolutely nothing. A governor comes into power and compensates with contracts to sell emblem and have thugs under you on the road harassing motorists or in the neighborhood harassing businesses. Nothing else happens there and the worstbpart is how comfortable you people are with it.
The governor is not the problem with Abia state, its people like you that our problem. God have mercy on you all. Go to Ebonyi. Go to Enugu. Even IMO that's close. See if you're doing yourself any good whatsoever.
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by 400billionman: 8:53am On Sep 07, 2018
LadyExcellency:

Dr Ikeazu is by far better than Ogbonnaya Onu hence I want to know your assessment of Ikeazu as per resources available to the State.

Will Uche Oga use his money or excessive borrowing to develop Abia State?
Uche Ogah is not a pretender like most politicians and he is a good manager of resources and former banker
Re: 2019: Uche Ogah Formally Declares For Abia Governorship Race by 400billionman: 9:03am On Sep 07, 2018
WritePal:
It's a pity the kind of mindset of people who aspire to hold public office in Nigeria. They really don't care about the masses. Who would have thought that Uche Ogah who's owing Master Gas workers with families 11 months salary wants to be a governor? My friend works at their Abule Egba admin office/depot. I also once worked for Dr. Animashaun, who is a former health commissioner in Kwara State and it was the first time I was owed closed to 3 months salary after graduation. He didn't care a hoot, meanwhile he was holidaying with his family in the USA and sending all his kids to US universities as his Nigerian workers on small salaries went to work on empty stomachs. Owing salaries is no big deal to them!

You see, there's a kind of diabolic mindset of people who have either tasted power/politics in Nigeria, are at the corridors of power/politics or have held some active positions in any SUG. Their conscience is dead. They can spend millions on campaigns, bedding "small girls with big gods", buying the latest Cadillac and limousines, but they see the masses as less than humans. Only a revolution will save Nigeria. No former politician or aspiring politician down to the SUG level (that's often the breeding ground) should be a part of government. All things must be new.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Support Group Holds ‘One-Million-Man-March’ For Tinubu In Kogi (Pictures) / Is Betta Edu The Most Visible Political Women's Leader? / Tragedy Averted As Train Derails In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.