Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,936 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:44 AM

I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates (16997 Views)

Hoodlums Chop Off Man’s Penis In Imo / Son Attempts To Chop Off His Mother's Private Part Over Adultery / Assassins Chop Off The Fingers Of Funke Owoseeni's Husband For Protecting Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Magichand: 5:55pm On Sep 06, 2018
A News agency recently took a trip to Gwoza, a community in Borno State to speak with children who witnessed the brutality of the dreaded Boko Haram firsthand, and compiled a report.

The field is wide and scorching under dry midday heat. Dozens of children kick up the sand underneath their sandals.
Their shrieks echo as they roll their heads back in carefree laughter. They're playing, but not with toys or balls.

They are playing a game called "Boko Haram versus soja (soldier)".
They scamper around screaming, "shoot!" , ramming their fingers into each other's bodies. Their pointed fingertips are supposed to be the barrels of rifles or blade of swords.
They are pretending to kill each other. Some "die" , falling over like felled trees.

One child collapses with his hand pressed over his heart as imaginary blood gushes out.
A tall boy jumps over the "dead" body and runs into another with a yellow t-shirt, who aims straight for his head.

"Boom!" the boy shouts, a gunshot.
This is playtime at a private primary school organised by a local NGO called Education Must Continue Initiative (EMCI) in Yola, the capital of Adamawa state in northeastern Nigeria.

All of the children are now displaced after fleeing their home communities to escape from Boko Haram.

'I saw Boko Haram chop my grandfather's head'
These children have seen the brutality of the armed group firsthand.
"Boko Haram, I see them use knife, chop my grandfather's head," said Ibrahim Daniel, a 13-year-old boy from Gwoza in neighbouring Borno State.

Gwoza was, and is still, a notorious hideout for the fighters. Boko Haram captured the town of nearly 300,000, in August 2014, and declared it the headquarters of what it called its Islamic Caliphate.
The group's black flags were mounted around the town and underneath them, Boko Haram members executed anyone who failed to obey their rules, dumping corpses in wells and streams.

Hundreds hid in the Gwoza Hills, a set of rocky outcrops on the northeastern end of the volcanic Mandara Mountains that straddle the Nigerian-Cameroonian border.
The Nigerian army flushed Boko Haram out of Gwoza nine months later, but Daniel is still too afraid to go back.
"The Boko Haram is something that you won't like to see,"

the young teenager says in a gruff voice.
Speaking in Nigerian slang English, he continues: "I'd like to be a soldier because anything that them [Boko Haram] do, I'd like to do back to them. If me, I see them, me I go carry them. Me I kill am."
The other kids huddle around Daniel, laughing at his last remark about killing Boko Haram. Many of them want to become soldiers, too.
They have seen the fighters invade their villages and they want revenge.

"I can help government. I can help my parents with being soja," says Chinda John in the same slang, sitting beside Daniel.

More below:

https://zenithnaija.com/i-saw-boko-haram-chop-off-my-grandfathers-head-13-year-old-survivor-narrates/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by amaniro: 5:57pm On Sep 06, 2018
Emotional trauma which will affect him till stupor until he gets a therapy. Pathetic

18 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by FlintGuevara(m): 6:02pm On Sep 06, 2018
Disheartening.

5 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by blackboy(m): 6:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Genocide
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by danny56: 6:08pm On Sep 06, 2018
They have finally taught him how to be a man using his girlfriend. Later they will tell him to join...

Boko Haram won't end in Nigeria untill all Nigeria current leaders die.

17 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by ritylove(f): 7:23pm On Sep 06, 2018
And the federal govt be decieving us that boko haram has being defeated

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by cassidy1996(m): 7:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
ritylove:
forget Buhari and his children. Hello pretty!

2 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by jumpandpas(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
Buhari is a DEAD COW.

11 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Paidrooll(m): 9:05pm On Sep 06, 2018
CHAI
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Segunade10: 9:06pm On Sep 06, 2018
There Is Something Really Weird Happening With Wizkid Lately

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVhr1_D5P0s
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by BIXYBABE: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
k
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Emu4life(m): 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
Datz Bad

4 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Oceannaagent: 9:07pm On Sep 06, 2018
The trauma this little girl must be going through cry cry
She has seen it all
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Demmzy15(m): 9:12pm On Sep 06, 2018
Left to me, I wish all Boko members should be executed the same way they kill their victims. Their heads should fall through Saudi type of execution!

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by HolyClement001(m): 9:13pm On Sep 06, 2018
this is terrible..what is country we live in

1 Like

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by fpeter(f): 9:15pm On Sep 06, 2018
amaniro:
Emotional trauma which will affect him till stupor until he gets a therapy. Pathetic

Therapy for 9ja?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Demmzy15(m): 9:17pm On Sep 06, 2018
jumpandpas:
Buhari is a DEAD COW.
And what makes you think it wasn't under Jonathan the man was killed? In fact, you and Jonathan are donkeys, assuming he acted during its early stages, it wouldn't have degenerated into this menace.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by DBossNG(m): 9:19pm On Sep 06, 2018
oga o
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by toye440: 9:24pm On Sep 06, 2018
Allahakbar
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Jflex07(m): 9:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
ritylove:
Why you being snobbish?
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Nobody: 9:42pm On Sep 06, 2018
continue killing Christians in disguise grin grin grin
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by ritylove(f): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
Jflex07:
Why you being snobbish?
how i dont get
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by micflo28(m): 9:43pm On Sep 06, 2018
Boko haram is as a result of continued, non stop poor leadership. I dont even blame the terrorist nor the victims. The government intentionally impoverished us so to intimidate us into cowing to their caprices and whims. They use us to achieve their ideal plan of continued exploitation. Such would have been the case of Niger delta but for Umar Musa Yaradua of blessed memory.

1 Like

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by SamuelAnyawu(m): 9:51pm On Sep 06, 2018
grin I Spent Six Months there in 2017.

Different wards: Ajari,Bulabuli,Emir's Palace,Gwoza Wakane, etc grin grin

Now enjoying Gamboru Ngala grin cheesy

I go write book about my adventure here since 2016 till date.

Contunue resting my Humanitarian Benue brother Yawe Son i lost in Rann, Kala Balge embarassed

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by akiOYIBO: 10:01pm On Sep 06, 2018
Ibrahim Daniel, Chinda John both christians. Boko Haram is supposed to be terrorist organisation not christian genocide organisation.
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by slivertongue: 10:03pm On Sep 06, 2018
boko haram can not kill christianity in Borno state. the more they try the more the gospel covers d state

3 Likes

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by IamPlato(m): 10:22pm On Sep 06, 2018
ritylove:
how i dont get

You Are Ignorin His Toastin Skills grin

1 Like

Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by geadom: 10:27pm On Sep 06, 2018
They will never go free
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Ugosample(m): 10:28pm On Sep 06, 2018
SamuelAnyawu:
grin I Spent Six Months there in 2017.

Different wards: Ajari,Bulabuli,Emir's Palace,Gwoza Wakane, etc grin grin

Now enjoying Gamboru Ngala grin cheesy

I go write book about my adventure here since 2016 till date.

Contunue resting my Humanitarian Benue brother Yawe Son i lost in Rann, Kala Balge embarassed

nice

what's the situation currently in the state?
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by israelmao(m): 10:29pm On Sep 06, 2018
Seed sown today has a multiplier effect tomorrow.
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by TheLogicalMind(m): 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Re: I Saw Boko Haram Chop-off My Grandfather's Head - 13-year-old Survivor Narrates by Sharpshooota: 10:32pm On Sep 06, 2018
Boko Haram are Muslims

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Arrest Ogun Teenager For Killing Friend Over Umbrella, N200 / LASEMA Rescues Man Who Tried To Commit Suicide By Jumping To His Death / Gunmen Kill Ex-Policeman’s Parents, Wife And Kids

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.