Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,511 members, 7,808,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:20 PM

Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This (37450 Views)

Treason: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts To Lai Mohammed's Comments On Obi, Datti / #EndSARS: Moe Odele's Passport Seized At The Airport. Oby Ezekwesili Reacts / Oby Ezekwesili Reacts As Nigerians Attack Her For Attending World Economic Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Walelavender(m): 12:21pm On Sep 07, 2018
jomoh:

No one is a fool here and they recognize the fact that one has to be weary of the Chinese loan but here are the real point the guy made to counter your Aunty you’re so much willing to lick her behind.

1. The only pitfall with Chinese loans is when you’re unable to pay back they takeover the project as their own(has happened in some other African countries) however, the infrastructure has been put in place and they won’t remove it.

2. The West don’t care if you use the loan for the purpose it is meant for. They don’t care if the money is embezzled or not. That is why they keep giving loans to corrupt regime of GEJ because they more you embezzle the more you’re unable to pay and the more enslaved you become.

3. The Chinese don’t deal with thieves, they put their money where their mouth is and make sure the loans are used for the purpose they’re meant for.

4. This is the most dangerous part of the western loan. The Chinese don’t require the government to retrench its civil Servants when they default or are unable to pay up. The West on the other hand as part of its loan conditions will require the government to retrench Ita civil servants.

The bottom line is that, everyone recognize that China is not Santa Claus but their intention is far more genuine and open than the west’s. Even the west recognize this and they fear China taking over but with lesser or no intention to enslave that is why they’ve being in a panick mode since the China-Africa summit.

They know their milking cows are about to be set free. If not when was the last time a British PM or a German chancellor or French President visited Africa let alone in the same year.

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for Africa, their leader(the US) is under the leadership of a mad man.
Brilliant analysis. Very apt. I love this
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by 1kingwriter: 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
I am an investor and a business man.
Instead of taking a loan @ 43.5% in 12 years, I will opt for the same amount at 47.5% in 38 years.

No wonder many Nigerians are better salary earners than successful investors.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Jammiedammyboi: 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
Almaiga:
This is how they behave Online, they discredit every good thing Buhari does. This woman has been wailing since Baba refused to appoint her in his administration.
With her big mouth like Trailer tire, that serves her right.

Obi Ekwesele and IPOB right now. grin grin
datz incredible ...am just laghin here ooo
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Enice(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
knowledgeable:

My brother, Igbos are blessed uniquely....they lead in Education, well travelled(importing & exporting all around the world), and this is no chest beating bro.

Now to get back to the point. All this global institutional recognized extraordinary woman was trying to educate you fools is to think strategically and to understand aspect of Chinese loans that might not be too pleasant because she has first hand experience. It doesn't come across to me that she is defending the bretten wood institution , but rather comparing attributes between Chinese loans/Western loans. Every African including elites like her in Africa understand, Africa may be entering into her golden age because of China involvement in Africa including how they package their loans in Africa........and yet debt burden that may finally strangle Africa may just be behind the horizon. This is not a good time in Africa to talk tribal politics(especially Igbo/Yoruba) because you've approach a cross road.
this here is trash. Where was this advise when OBJ was negotiating loan from China in 2006?
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by patrick89(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
All the zombies should look and see where their future is headed ..

You have been played by chinko

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Barzinime(m): 1:25pm On Sep 07, 2018
You just said something so disgusting..
China doesnt need the west for anything, they are self sufficient and the west realized it.
OBY is just a western puppet trying to advocate on their behalf cos china has taken over the African market when they were busy destroying the Mid-East and causing confusion in Asia
SIRTee15:

I phone is not made in China, rather it's assemble in china....
The brain work behind the concept n design is in silicon valley.....
Chinese economy is based on mass production n cheap labour.....
That's why everybody love to manufacture in china because it's cheap ...
Let's wait for the days of automation n 3-D printing, let's see if China will be able to sustain it's economic growth despite the above....
Destroying/distorting market price of products by selling way below production cost to undercut your competitors is negative economy....
Look at what they did with steel n solar panel....
This is the main reason most African countries can't even embark on any manufacturing capacity...
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by knowledgeable: 1:27pm On Sep 07, 2018
jomoh:

No one is a fool here and they recognize the fact that one has to be weary of the Chinese loan but here are the real point the guy made to counter your Aunty you’re so much willing to lick her behind.

1. The only pitfall with Chinese loans is when you’re unable to pay back they takeover the project as their own(has happened in some other African countries) however, the infrastructure has been put in place and they won’t remove it.

2. The West don’t care if you use the loan for the purpose it is meant for. They don’t care if the money is embezzled or not. That is why they keep giving loans to corrupt regime of GEJ because they more you embezzle the more you’re unable to pay and the more enslaved you become.

3. The Chinese don’t deal with thieves, they put their money where their mouth is and make sure the loans are used for the purpose they’re meant for.

4. This is the most dangerous part of the western loan. The Chinese don’t require the government to retrench its civil Servants when they default or are unable to pay up. The West on the other hand as part of its loan conditions will require the government to retrench Ita civil servants.

The bottom line is that, everyone recognize that China is not Santa Claus but their intention is far more genuine and open than the west’s. Even the west recognize this and they fear China taking over but with lesser or no intention to enslave that is why they’ve being in a panick mode since the China-Africa summit.

They know their milking cows are about to be set free. If not when was the last time a British PM or a German chancellor or French President visited Africa let alone in the same year.

Unfortunately for them and fortunately for Africa, their leader(the US) is under the leadership of a mad man.

I am on the same page with every thing you said, and I think she might be on the same page with you as well. The fuss here is that the young man made it seems like she is defending the Bretton woods institutions loans to be better than the Chinese loan which every living African including herself know better. As a typical Yoruba man went further to inject tribalism into it.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by piagetskinner(m): 1:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
me I don't even know what they are talking about...never liked economics..i sha know that oby became silent after the guys plenty grammar
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by knowledgeable: 1:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
ashjay001:

Yeah! Tribal politics, issa nono!

What do u expect someone that has worked for a brettonwoods institution n makes her living from contacts, related to them?

All d loans we've received from them, from eons ago, where are d commensurate infrastructures?

If something bad, e bad!

I still insist she is not defending them, but the Yoruba guy make it seems so and injected Igbo/Yoruba diatribe in it.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by knowledgeable: 1:35pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ovamboland:

She's a professional no doubt, but to you she must be right because she's ibo.
You couldn't even raise any point why what she said is the correct position of things. But as far as you are concerned she's right because it's Oby.

No no & no. The yoruba young man concluded, she was trying to defame Buhari as a typical Igbo she is.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by deebrain(m): 1:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Matured and informed Mr. Unfortunately, such is scarce in Nairaland.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by mandate12: 1:44pm On Sep 07, 2018
papalsbuIl:
even abokii that cannot read is applauding the twitter bastard

Haha.. I swear. Illiteracy is a big disease. First thing a normal person should do is to check that over sabi guy's antecedents and check Oby's. Quite simple.
Dude is Tryna use wat he sees in books to compare real life experiences.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by GetCofOProperty: 1:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
deomelo:
Oby is basically a twitter troll and just like the other trolls and anti Nigerian elements, they always come up with ignorant rubbish and misinformation to justify their trolling ways with and to satisfy her troll followers.

God Bless that young man for lecturing that twitter troll.
This is too much attack of a kind of battery on a former FG minister.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Lot13(m): 2:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
madridsta007:

Adeosun that is discrediting Buhari and his anti-corruption agenda, basically giving him the middle finger with a forged “Oluwole” NYSC certificate is Igbo abi?
Adeosun is doing a lot better than the agents of Bretton woods in the previous government and in the next few years, the positive effect of her performance will be clear even for the blind to see.

1 Like

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by sorepco(m): 2:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
Some of us r trying to learn from that somoye guy. Please dont bring that tribal rubbish here. You saw him debate her and knock her out without insulting or demeaning her.
I think i better join twitter where intelligent matured people converge....

Sirjamo:
I know that Dr Oby knew that Chinese loans are far better than that of the IMF and World Bank, she was just looking for a way to discredit the Buhari government. Typical Igbo
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by madridsta007(m): 2:28pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lot13:
Adeosun is doing a lot better than the agents of Bretton woods in the previous government and in the next few years, the positive effect of her performance will be clear even for the blind to see.

Forgery is Still forgery.
I bet you can not got to a hospital and allow yours child to be attended to by a “doctor” with a forged certificate.

I don’t know you, but I’m certain you wouldn’t. You value that child. Obviously, you do not value the nation, under the direction of a finance minister with a forged certificate, but that is fine. No one would blame you. Even the President doesn’t value the nation that’s why he spends more time in London than Nigeria!.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by studentofTruth: 2:46pm On Sep 07, 2018
[quote author=sorepco post=70987720]Some of us r trying to learn from that somoye guy. Please dont bring that tribal rubbish here. You saw him debate her and knock her out without insulting or demeaning her.

[/quot

knocked her out? The Somoye guy wasn't making any financial sense at all. Financial fallacy. Read some comments above and get educated if you want to.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by revolt(m): 2:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
studentofTruth:

You made sense. Similar to what Obj did in Telecom. No rocket science. Nigeria ain't ready yet. when they are, we will know
its truly sad out leaders are clueless. Very sad. This isn't rocket science .
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by studentofTruth: 2:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
sorepco:
Some of us r trying to learn from that somoye guy. Please dont bring that tribal rubbish here. You saw him debate her and knock her out without insulting or demeaning her.

You may start with this. There other intelligent comments up there too.

It's funny to see Nigerians applaud this Somoye guy simply because they felt mesmerized by the figures he's throwing. I know Nigerians hate mathematics and figures but at least common sense and basic principle would make the obvious more obvious.
Admittedly, lack of political conditionalities and supervision (if true) of utilization of the loans is a good thing. But that's just about the only good thing about Chinese loans BASED ON THE FIGURES POSTED IN THIS ARGUMENT. The key features of a good loan shows that IDA is a far better option than the Chinese loans.
The primary features of "better" loan lie in the INTEREST RATE and DURATION OF PAYMENT.
1.INTEREST RATE: Chinese 2-3 (or 3.6)%; IDA 1.25%. which is better? IDA of course. If you doubt it, I would ask you a question: if you're taking a loan would you go for a higher interest rate? I bet you won't.
2. Duration of payment: Chinese 12years, IDA 38years. which is better? IDA of course. In your personal loan I'm sure you prefer longer duration for easy payment.
NOW THE ARITHMETIC FIGURES.
He calculated a total Interest rate for Chinese loans for 12years as 43.2% (3.6x12).
Then IDA loan for 38years as 47.5% (1.25x38). If FG can payoff Chinese loans in 12 years, nothing stops them from paying off IDA loan in 12 years (NOBODY SAYS YOU CAN'T OFFSET YOUR LOAN EARLIER). Based on his calculation of "total interest rate", IDA loan for 12 years gives 15% (1.25x12). So by his own calculation, given the same duration of payment, IDA is still by far the "BETTER LOAN".
If this is your personal loan, I'm 100% certain you will prefer a loan that gives you CHEAPER INTEREST RATE and LONGER DURATION. (Even the Chinese if they can, would take IDA loan and lend it to Africa @Chinese rate and make some profit for themselves.....this is how banks make money if you know). I don't see how this appears like rocket science because it's on twitter but I understand Nigerians and basic mathematics are enemies.
NB: His calculated figures are FUNDAMENTALLY FAULTY as Yearly Interest is calculated from Balance for each Year and not from initial capital. So his arithmetically calculated total INTEREST RATE is misleading. Total interest rate of what, original capital? Absurd. But I don't want to delve into that for now unless someone asks for it. I'm sure that's why Madam Oby left him alone with his glorified ignorance well exposed on twitter.
Ignorance is a disease. Ignorance you're unaware of is incurable.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by slivertongue: 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2018
NONE
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Ojiofor: 3:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
blackpanda:
Don't blame ezekwesili. She is Igbo after all. She can't help her self from stupid ignorant comments

When she joined ranks with extremists to kick out GEJ few years ago you didn't call her Igbo.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by meccuno: 3:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
studentofTruth:

It's funny to see Nigerians applaud this Somoye guy simply because they felt mesmerized by the figures he's throwing. I know Nigerians hate mathematics and figures but at least common sense and basic principle would make the obvious more obvious.

Admittedly, lack of political conditionalities and supervision (if true) of utilization of the loans is a good thing. But that's just about the only good thing about Chinese loans BASED ON THE FIGURES POSTED IN THIS ARGUMENT. The key features of a good loan shows that IDA is a far better option than the Chinese loans.

The primary features of "better" loan lie in the INTEREST RATE and DURATION OF PAYMENT.

1.INTEREST RATE: Chinese 2-3 (or 3.6)%; IDA 1.25%. which is better? IDA of course. If you doubt it, I would ask you a question: if you're taking a loan would you go for a higher interest rate? I bet you won't.

2. Duration of payment: Chinese 12years, IDA 38years. which is better? IDA of course. In your personal loan I'm sure you prefer longer duration for easy payment.

NOW THE ARITHMETIC FIGURES.
He calculated a total Interest rate for Chinese loans for 12years as 43.2% (3.6x12).
Then IDA loan for 38years as 47.5% (1.25x38). If FG can payoff Chinese loans in 12 years, nothing stops them from paying off IDA loan in 12 years (NOBODY SAYS YOU CAN'T OFFSET YOUR LOAN EARLIER). Based on his calculation of "total interest rate", IDA loan for 12 years gives 15% (1.25x12). So by his own calculation, given the same duration of payment, IDA is still by far the "BETTER LOAN".
If this is your personal loan, I'm 100% certain you will prefer a loan that gives you CHEAPER INTEREST RATE and LONGER DURATION. (Even the Chinese if they can, would take IDA loan and lend it to Africa @Chinese rate and make some profit for themselves.....this is how banks make money if you know). I don't see how this appears like rocket science because it's on twitter but I understand Nigerians and basic mathematics are enemies.

NB: His calculated figures are FUNDAMENTALLY FAULTY as Yearly Interest is calculated from Balance for each Year and not from initial capital. So his arithmetically calculated total INTEREST RATE is misleading. Total interest rate of what, original capital? Absurd. But I don't want to delve into that for now unless someone asks for it. I'm sure that's why Madam Oby left him alone with his glorified ignorance well exposed on twitter.

i only posted the whole discussion so people would see. i read his comments and i wonder were he schooled her.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by meccuno: 4:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
mandate12:

Haha.. I swear. Illiteracy is a big disease. First thing a normal person should do is to check that over sabi guy's antecedents and check Oby's. Quite simple.
Dude is Tryna use wat he sees in books to compare real life experiences.
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by deomelo: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
jomoh:

Taking out loans is never any country's best move, but doing so to grow, build and upgrade infrastructure is pretty much standard everywhere, the only pitfall is when you are unable to pay back when you are irresponsible and corrupt when you mismanaged the loans and soon.

In our case today under the current administration, they have specific projects attached to each loan requirement and the Chinese, not only demand that you justify and the attached project, they also expect you to first put some skin in the game by committing your own funds in form of counterpart funding to show that you are serious and fully committed unlike before when past administrations borrow, loot, embezzle and abandon, there's no room for all that today and this is what's driving the looters crazy because there are zero looting opportunities.

Oby and OBJ her Boss looted $20 billion power funds and gave us nothing but continued darkness in return.

Oby/ OBJ, PDP and Jona accumulated the largest revenue in the history of Nigeria, I mean hundreds of billions, but they stole everything and left nothing but thousands of abandoned projects all over Nigeria, still unstable electricity, bad and death trap roads, no bridges, lousy health care system, horrible schools and education system and so on.

....but guess what, they also borrowed billions on top of everything they looted.

Jona borrowed from his first day in office till the last week he spent in office, he was even borrowing hundreds of billions to pay workers salaries till may 2015, the same month he left office.

Fact is, I trust PMB with our money and every kobo loan.

2 Likes

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by blackpanda: 4:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ojiofor:

When she joined ranks with extremists to kick out GEJ few years ago you didn't call her Igbo.

As i recall, Ezekwesili was also not a fan of APC. She chastised and embarassed them when invited to their conference
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by deomelo: 4:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
[s]
patrick89:
All the zombies should look and see where their future is headed ..

You have been played by chinko
[/s]

Zombie calling other people zombie.

Nigeria is not Zambia.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by deomelo: 4:29pm On Sep 07, 2018
Oby came out swinging and blowing facts all over the place, but when asked to show facts to support her rant against then FG, but like many ignorant and bubble head people arguing without facts, they shift and deflect.'

The woman basically came up short, she asked the man to ask the FG for facts when in fact the Oby made the baseless claim in the first place.

If you are going to attack and make such claims, common sense dictates that you at least have your facts lined up and ready to back up your claims with facts, like showing us specifically what Nigeria borrowed including the terms, payment details and default clauses.

Obviously, the woman spewed rubbish on twitter based made up rubbish.

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by Almaiga: 4:33pm On Sep 07, 2018
Glink2018:

You fall my hands...

You can see somoye's chat. So intelligent..

You come here come dey abuse a person that is not equal to u in all aspects of life.

See his grammar sef.... Educated-illiterate.

E pain am. grin

Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by studentofTruth: 4:48pm On Sep 07, 2018
deomelo:
Oby came out swinging and blowing facts all over the place, but when asked to show facts to support her rant against then FG, but like many ignorant and bubble head people arguing without facts, they shift and deflect.'

The woman basically came up short, she asked the man to ask the FG for facts when in fact the Oby made the baseless claim in the first place.

If you are going to attack and make such claims, common sense dictates that you at least have your facts lined up and ready to back up your claims with facts, like showing us specifically what Nigeria borrowed including the terms, payment details and default clauses.

Obviously, the woman spewed rubbish on twitter based made up rubbish.

My dear the guy's assertions are Financial Fallacy. I'm sure that's why Madam Oby left him alone. The figures the guy was throwing and his conclusions makes no Financial sense. If He majored in a finance related area, whoever taught him must have been ashamed of what he said there. Mrs Oby leaving him alone is what any person that understand finance would have done in that situation.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by bfire(m): 4:50pm On Sep 07, 2018
Why are our youths like this now?

The woman assertion is why we need to comprehend
our own economic path. We don't need to subject our
future or development on the loans China is giving.

That's the koko; not the arithmetic of these contrasting
loans.

Succinctly put, China developed of their own plan without
been subjected to any indirect development of their inf-
actructures.
Re: Chinese Loans: Oby Ezekwesili Reacts On Twitter But Got This by chris31(m): 4:57pm On Sep 07, 2018
Sirjamo:
I know that Dr Oby knew that Chinese loans are far better than that of the IMF and World Bank, she was just looking for a way to discredit the Buhari government. Typical Igbo
She is now Typical Igbo bah?
When she was leading BBOG organisation discrediting GEJ administration & supporting APC she was not Typical Igbo then
I don't no what to even call u
Anyway two people no dey mad at same time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Viral Kogi Salary Screenshots: Transaction References Show It’s False / Buratai And His Wives Own Dubai Property - Sahara Reporters / Abacha Lost His Life To Filipino Doctors Not Indian Prostitutes – Gen. Ovadje

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.