Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,414 members, 7,808,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation (31257 Views)

Earth Tremor Rock Akure City,Ondo State / Earth Tremor: Hydrologists Speak On Possibility Of Earthquake In Nigeria / Why Earth Tremor Occurred In Abuja – FEMA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by solpat(m): 6:59am On Sep 07, 2018
Useless and backward government angry
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by fabianiyobosa(m): 7:01am On Sep 07, 2018
BabbanBura:

This is an insult to dem geophysicists, geologists and environmental scientists

See them geologist people feeling fly, abeg e, they were blasting rocks and nothing more. It happened again this morning. Twice sef. Nor be only tremors

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Quincykay: 7:03am On Sep 07, 2018
I'm in Maitama. Been feeling this for 3 days. Largest one was 6:11am this morning. Something actually feel in the living room. Yesterday was about 15 of them.

The day before, I felt 4. Don't know if there were more as I was out of town.

As at this morning, since I was woken up by the massive one at 6:11am, there have been about 5.

I haven't noticed a pattern to say it's man made (blasting). Although I haven't felt any between 12am and 6am both days. So maybe? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

From talking to all my friends and family that live in the area, mpape seems to be where is strongest.

It happened while I was talking to someone in bannex and we both felt it at the same time. But mine in maitama was stronger.

Farmers market area felt it too. But not Guzape.

I putting this info up so we can try to figure it out ourselves as govt seems to be guessing too. So any relivant info should please added.

Please no need for Buhari and Jesus to be mentioned. Just saying oh. No be fight.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Awaja(m): 7:07am On Sep 07, 2018
Sudden this sudden that,The gods are angry,coz buhari is acting like a God.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by docadams: 7:08am On Sep 07, 2018
Meeloreh:
In case it was real earth tremor, how many Nigerians are well trained to detect, predict or tackle such. I'm just wondering

Tremors are not predicted, they are detected. Otherwise, the authorities won't be getting caught unawares every time even in developed climes.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by JuanDeDios: 7:10am On Sep 07, 2018
Firefire:
Explanation watery and full of 'maybe' maybe.

Maybe Buhary will not contest in 2019. Maybe?
That's what I noticed. I hope this is an initial statement. MAYBE a proper scientific investigation is being carried out.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by tiredoflife(m): 7:10am On Sep 07, 2018
slivertongue:
FGN should do d needful. they sud stop d quarry activities in mpape,
kubwa etc

Anything that generates taxes and brings employment can't be stopped
Did they stop oil exploration in the Niger delta even after the damage to the environment
So forget it cool

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Firefire(m): 7:11am On Sep 07, 2018
JuanDeDios:

That's what I noticed. I hope this is an initial statement. MAYBE a proper scientific investigation is being carried out.

MAYBE!

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Lomprico2: 7:12am On Sep 07, 2018
If natural disaster join the unnatural disasters we are already facing!! Hmmmm!

But I bliv d gods are angry with our nation. Haba!
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Quincykay: 7:14am On Sep 07, 2018
7:13am. Another big one. Maitama.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by MightySparrow: 7:19am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:
This is coming probably almost 48 hours after the initial reports made the rounds online.

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters. We would have all perished and dwelling in the belly of the earth before a state of emergency or an alert will be issued.

May God continue to hide us under the shadows of his wings, because as we can see, we are left to our own vices.

Enjoy my siggy
The natural disaster of black race is bad leadership. it is worse than tremor, trunami, etc.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Collinchini(m): 7:19am On Sep 07, 2018
Another one just happened again, making it twice this morning alone.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Quincykay: 7:20am On Sep 07, 2018
I haven't noticed a pattern to say it's man made (blasting). Although I haven't felt any between 12am and 6am both days. So maybe? Please let me know if I'm wrong.

To my earlier point. Neighbors felt it at night as well.

Another massive one as I type now.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Nobody: 7:28am On Sep 07, 2018
gaby:
This is coming probably almost 48 hours after the initial reports made the rounds online.

God knows why he had deliberately shielded us from major disasters. We would have all perished and dwelling in the belly of the earth before a state of emergency or an alert will be issued.

May God continue to hide us under the shadows of his wings, because as we can see, we are left to our own vices.

Enjoy my siggy

Wrong!

No country on earth is shielded from disasters. Not one.

God is Lord of all the earth. I'll tell you a couple of major disasters we've had, and still currently have:

1. Corrupt politicians.
2. Wicked, evil, deceitful pastors who have not fed the sheep. This is actually worse than physical famine.
3. We import things we ordinarily can produce in Nigeria, and the border authorities turn a blind eye to all the smuggling of banned products. That, my friend, is a curse.
4. We, as a people, by and large, find it difficult to obey simple rules like traffic lights, speed limits and so on.
5. Our young people do not want to read and engage their minds. All they want to do is listen to Davido, Tiwa, Wizzy, and so on, who only sing trash music.
6. Yearly floods that destroy houses and farmlands.
7. Accidents - like the recent tanker explosion on Lagos-Ibadan expressway.
8. And the list goes on and on.

In my opinion, I'd rather be in a country like Japan, with all the so-called natural disasters, than be in a country like Nigeria, who is dying by slow poison!

My 2 kobo.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by foreshore(m): 7:29am On Sep 07, 2018
NIGERIAJAGAJAGA:
God will save us

From Buhari and his Co-horts

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by modik(m): 7:30am On Sep 07, 2018
backnbeta:
Naija and campaign after election syndrome! Other countries send out warning before wahala, naija agencies send theirs after! I hope they have evacuation plans and all, in case of emergency.

All thanks to APC. We are now ahead of world standard of emergency management

Lol
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by emmie14: 7:31am On Sep 07, 2018
Goodluck Jonathan caused it.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by NwaliE01: 7:34am On Sep 07, 2018
FEMA, in statement, said the tremor maybe a sign of seismic movement within the earth and said “it could also be caused by a sudden break along lines which result in sudden release of energy that makes the ground to shake.

The statement was signed by FEMA Director General of, Mr. Abbas Idriss.
Maybe; see how they are playing with our lives.
They are not even sure what led to the quake.
I don't know when we would at least take a step forward from where we are right now

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Emusan(m): 7:35am On Sep 07, 2018
LordReed:
A massive one just occurred 5mins ago.

We can even feel it in Kubwa here.

If I'm not in Abuja I might think you're lying.

3 Likes

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by vicfy(m): 7:38am On Sep 07, 2018
We don't need assumptions. Why should FEMA be the ones to issue statements on Seismic activities when we have the Nigerian Geologic Survey.

2 Likes

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by olanshi: 7:39am On Sep 07, 2018
In Nigeria �� you are on your own (OYO).

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by cherriex(f): 7:43am On Sep 07, 2018
Neoteny:
Can't be an earthquake. We're not on any tectonic fault lines. Most likely quarry blast.

The government info seems so uncertain and uninformed. As usual.

What a country!

It can't be quarry, I felt it this morning, and I am in kado estate, never heard any quarry blast around here, besides its not a sound, it's a shaking nd am upstairs yet felt it. Am actually scared.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Emusan(m): 7:44am On Sep 07, 2018
Neoteny:
Can't be an earthquake. We're not on any tectonic fault lines. Most likely quarry blast.

The government info seems so uncertain and uninformed. As usual.

What a country!

Will you keep quiet? Which kin quarry blast? Is it today they have been blasting rocks in Abuja?

How come the one that happened this morning was felt all the way from Kubwa? I guess only you know how far Kubwa is to mpape

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by cherriex(f): 7:46am On Sep 07, 2018
Quincykay:
I'm in Maitama. Been feeling this for 3 days. Largest one was 6:11am this morning. Something actually feel in the living room. Yesterday was about 15 of them.

The day before, I felt 4. Don't know if there were more as I was out of town.

As at this morning, since I was woken up by the massive one at 6:11am, there have been about 5.

From talking to all my friends and family that live in the area, mpape seems to be where is strongest.

It happened while I was talking to someone in bannex and we both felt it at the same time. But mine in maitama was stronger.

Farmers market area felt it too. But not Guzape.

I putting this info up so we can try to figure it out ourselves as govt seems to be guessing too. So any relivant info should please added.

Please no need for Buhari and Jesus to be mentioned. Just saying oh. No be fight.

I am in kado estate, didn't believe all these until I actually felt it this morning, note that no quarry around here ever.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Emusan(m): 7:47am On Sep 07, 2018
cherriex:

It can't be quarry, I felt it this morning, and I am in kado estate, never heard any quarry blast around here, besides its not a sound, it's a shaking nd am upstairs yet felt it. Am actually scared.

Don't mind the dude, that's how they sit in there comfort zone and being using their keypad to analysis what they don't know.

Something that we in Kubwa felt even my window vibrated.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by SmilingMary(m): 7:49am On Sep 07, 2018
From My Brother In Abuja

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Teacher1776(m): 7:50am On Sep 07, 2018
wolesmile:

Can you see your life?
So countries where earthquakes, landslides and other earth related disasters occur wan their citizens ahead, and yet they record so much casualties when these disasters occur. Is movement within the earth crust the same thing with a weather related disaster?

For your information, it is actually possible to warn people years ahead if there is a likelihood of earthquake or tremors in an area.
You may read the article below to learn more about it.

www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/698736/new-york-city-earthquake-warning-risk-shaking-buildings-emergency

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Realname: 7:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Meeloreh:
In case it was real earth tremor, how many Nigerians are well trained to detect, predict or tackle such. I'm just wondering

Zero

Nigeria is like a barn of pigs without a sherpherd
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by LordReed(m): 7:51am On Sep 07, 2018
Emusan:

We can even feel it in Kubwa here.

If I'm not in Abuja I might think you're lying.

I have felt and heard over 10 since then.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Quincykay: 7:53am On Sep 07, 2018
From the little I know, engineers don't like blasting in the rain, because of the detonation cap (trigger) gets wet, it can cause a failed blast. That's a big deal because now you have undetonated explosives on your active site.

I have noticed the tremors during rain as it's been raining a lot in Abuja.

I know there are other methods to blast in the wet sha. Just sharing.

1 Like

Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Tonytonex(m): 7:54am On Sep 07, 2018
Explanation ko, assumption ni.
Re: Abuja Earth Tremor: FG Offers Explanation by Mizwisdom(f): 7:55am On Sep 07, 2018
chukxie:

Seriously, do we have any functioning, up-to-date agency for meteorologists and seismologists in Nigeria? I'm laughing in Chinese grin. We are in God's hands in Nigeria.

Lol, yes we do. Do you live in Nigeria? How do you expect airlines to function without one haha

www.nimet.gov.ng

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Leopard Entered A School In India & Mauled 6 [video] / Strange Rat With Vampire Teeth (Pictures) / 10 Fascinating Facts About The Moon You Probably May Not Know!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.