Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,892 members, 7,806,599 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Information On Yankari Games Reserve - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Information On Yankari Games Reserve (10952 Views)

Tourism: Forget Dubai,london; Visit Yankari — Bauchi Gov / Omo Shasha Oluwa Forest Reserve (Pictures) / Yankari Games Reserve (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Information On Yankari Games Reserve by symbianDON(m): 12:17pm On Jul 01, 2010
please house, can anyone who has traveled to yankari games reserve recently avail me of information about the park? i require information on availability of hotel accommodation and price range, guided tours and other pieces of information you may consider relevant. again, is this the right time in the year to visit? i can't seem to find satisfactory info using google. thanks.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by damine: 12:41pm On Jul 05, 2010
Was there October last year. If you wanna enjoy the safari, i'll advise you go during the dry season when the vegetation isnt in full bloom. When i went, all i saw were the baboons, a couple of waterbuck, wiled guineafowls and warthogs. They have accommodation, i can't remember exactly how much but i know it wasnt more than N10, 000 a nite. I didnt spend the nite there, went back to my friend's place in Bauchi.

Hope this helps.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by symbianDON(m): 11:30pm On Jul 05, 2010
thanks damine.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by nwadinma(f): 11:53am On Jul 07, 2010
This is not the best time to go to yankari. The best time is during the dry season cos that is when you would be able to see so many animals and be safe too cos you are going to their territory. Except you want to just use the warm spring and see baboons only.

There is no need to worry about accommodation cos i know they have more space than they have visitors.
The range is not high when compared to hotels.

It is a nice place and you can really get to see so many animals like Lions, Elephants etc when you you go during the dry season.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by snthesis(m): 11:58am On Jul 07, 2010
nwadinma:

This is not the best time to go to yankari. The best time is during the dry season cos that is when you would be able to see so many animals and be safe too cos you are going to their territory. Except you want to just use the warm spring and see baboons only.

There is no need to worry about accommodation cos i know they have more space than they have visitors.
The range is not high when compared to hotels.

It is a nice place and you can really get to see so many animals like Lions, Elephants etc when you you go during the dry season.

interesting!- another place i need to visit
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by chelseabmw(m): 4:11pm On Jul 07, 2010
i will love to visit this place
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by activities: 5:48pm On Jul 07, 2010
Be prepared to run incase the animals starts chasing you.
Lol
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by holotee(m): 5:58pm On Jul 07, 2010
the entrance

Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by holotee(m): 6:04pm On Jul 07, 2010
warm springs area

Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by EmeritusP(m): 11:47pm On Jul 07, 2010
waoh, this is a nice place that i'll luv to visit very soon.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by 3seriez(m): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2010
I was there six years ago. I Remember taking a swim in the warm spring and unexpected visitors (Baboons) came to join us. We had to leave d spring and watch in amazement. Na dem b landlord 4 d place. They were everywhere. Plus d elelphants, lions, exotic birds etc. Really beautiful place. Good 4 relaxing n forgetting 9ja's problems. bt dnt leave ur property carelessly, d baboons might find it interesting. Enjoy,
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Outstrip(f): 4:09am On Jul 08, 2010
Are the animals roaming free?
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by 3seriez(m): 4:13am On Jul 08, 2010
Yes they are. Dats why its a game reserve. But not to worry, d dangerous ones are deep inside the reserve, far from human human occupants.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Outstrip(f): 4:34am On Jul 08, 2010
3seriez:

Yes they are. Dats why its a game reserve. But not to worry, d dangerous ones are deep inside the reserve, far from human human occupants.

Na una know. My hand no dey
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by shanda(m): 8:23am On Jul 08, 2010
I plan to go there next year. How much will it cost me if I'm going to stay for a week ?
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by 2sleek2NV(m): 8:32am On Jul 08, 2010
[quote ]
[quote][/quote]

Na wa o! animals roaming free esp. LION and you say there is nothing to worry?
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by symbianDON(m): 4:46pm On Jul 08, 2010
i actually would be going there on honeymoon with my newly wedded wife. from the posts here i know we ll have a real swell time even if it's only the baboons we eventually get to see. i guess it will be worth going there. thanks guys. i keep you all posted grin grin
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by surveycash(m): 4:44pm On Jul 09, 2010
Yankari is a beautiful place to be. I have been there 4 times. They have the wiki warm spring, accommodation, restaurants, a small museum and the safari. There are over 52 species on animals there including the lion, elephant, leopard, antelopes (I saw this live).

The most friendly are the baboons which have become domesticated cohabiting with humans but they are smart thieves. If you keep your food carelessly, they will hijack it. Last time I was there, a baboon was in serious pusuit of a lady just to snatch her bottle of fanta but it's fun.

The most interesting is the wiki warm spring which is cool in the day and warm at night. In facct, it is the reason why most people go to Yankari. The accommodation ranges from N2,500 students' bed space to N45, 500.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by funmi2010: 5:36pm On Jul 09, 2010
Interesting!!
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by PupetMasta(m): 6:43pm On Jul 09, 2010
I was there in January, it was fun, apart from the animals and the warm spring, there are the caves that all connect internally. According to the tour guide it was used during the time of slave trade and war.

The baboons could get wild sometime, During one of my stay at the reserve we were robbed of our food by a gang of baboons, they opened the window, the small ones came in and started passing the food to the big ones outside. . They were not even scared of the kids playing in the sitting room. They even tried challenging the women.

The place is very nice and you will enjoy it, just make sure u go with a bug repellent cos of the tse tse flies in the jungle.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by hotbizStan: 7:43am On Jul 10, 2010
(Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve).

I  searched and got Yakari's phone number from www.tourismhotspotnigeria.com , that was a search under Bauchi state for where to stay. Yet, at that time when i called phone line,  the guy at the end of the phone told me that there is no network coverage over yankari, therefore no phone line. But that he is a staff and a receptionist at Yankari  and you can only get his phone line when he finishes work at the Game Reserve and returns to  Bauchi town every day. It really sounded as a real secluded holiday place to be.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Glidia: 1:13pm On Jan 30, 2011
Nice game update
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Thanuja: 7:37am On May 04, 2011
good game sharing ,
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Thanuja: 12:28pm On May 05, 2011
Its interesting sharing ,
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by mma199: 10:28am On Dec 26, 2013
For booking and other info on Yankari Email patlimited2012@gmail.com.
Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Gbemigaraccoon: 3:37am On Feb 27, 2016
Sharing some pictures from Yankari Game reserve, Bauchi, Still here wondering if such beauty and taste of royalty lies in the north... Just some place quite far but absolutely worth the long drive from the gate to the reception... Nice accomodation ranging from the less expensive hotel accommodations to the student hostel... But Brother when I talk about less expensive, it still cost a little above an average Nigerian income though, so be quite prepared to visit this place as a tourist... No ATMs, No POS... So it's strictly cash only which is obviously against the cashless policy, I bet they are used to political visit... Dear reader, Can Dansuki have an ATM card??... "NO"
Less I forget the very interesting topic, It still cost 1k5 for gatefee to the environment and 8k to visit the safari... 5h for wiki but I bet it was my best experience there, warm pool for me during the day as it was Harmattan period... And after so much fun, I met some lovely couples right there, a dubious taxi driver and few friends... It's really worth it most expecially if it's your first time in the north... Please go by flight to Bauchi or Jos and travel back by road... There's a lot to unlock in that but this is just about Yankari for now... Ooh... The dry rivers... ooh!!!

Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by Schwartz: 11:25am On Feb 27, 2016
Aww I still have fond memories of Yankari. Visited when I was in primary school. Like 18 years ago. I remember the spring filled with many whites and thier kids. Then the north was very safe. No boko haram, no kidnapping. The food was intercontinental. Every race could eat from the restaurant. I will never forget the baboons lipsrsealed. They stole our chin chin from our car and were eating it right in front of us.
I would love to experience Yankari again.

2 Likes

Re: Information On Yankari Games Reserve by caesaraba(m): 5:02pm On Jun 09, 2016
Schwartz:
Aww I still have fond memories of Yankari. Visited when I was in primary school. Like 18 years ago. I remember the spring filled with many whites and thier kids. Then the north was very safe. No boko haram, no kidnapping. The food was intercontinental. Every race could eat from the restaurant. I will never forget the baboons lipsrsealed. They stole our chin chin from our car and were eating it right in front of us.
I would love to experience Yankari again.

Hahaha, exactly! Those baboons are criminals. Silly me was busy feeding them bread until they struck. Lol. Planning a trip there later in the year. Do you have an idea how much a night costs in there? Cheapest abeg....as I usually spend almost all my time at their bar there.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling To Cameroon This December / Impact Of Apapa Gridlock On The Economy / Azman Air Halts Flights To Kaduna After Gun Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.