Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,868 members, 7,802,799 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:50 PM

Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? (6616 Views)

China’s Car Brand, Aiways U5 All Electric SUV Is Set To Debut In Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 11:32am On Sep 07, 2018
Guys am looking to buy a car soon and I such a huge music lover, I have had the opportunity to listen to some sound stereo systems on various car brands like Mercedes and Toyota, though have not been too impressed. So I want to know from experience which car brand or maybe model has the best stereo sound?
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 11:42am On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:
Guys am looking to buy a car soon and I such a huge music lover, I have had the opportunity to listen to some sound stereo systems on various car brands like Mercedes and Toyota, though have not been too impressed. So I want to know from experience which car brand or maybe model has the best stereo sound?

op...quote me anywhere,,,honda accord to me has the best sound system..damn....my eod sound system is off the roof..even my former babyboy sound system beats that of toyota camry muscle....all the honda accord i have seen from 1998 upwards have a sound system second to none...

13 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:43am On Sep 07, 2018
you should focus on buying the BEST CAR for you, and whether it has the best stereo or not is (IMHO) irrelevant... buying a great sound system for your car (if it hasnt got it already) will ALWAYS be cheaper than buying another car. music is just an "accessory" and what you should 1st focus on is safety/engine/cost/comfort/driveability etc

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
I think I should be the one deciding on my preferences, or don't you think so?
MrBrownJay1:
you should focus on buying the BEST CAR for you, and whether it has the best stereo or not is (IMHO) irrelevant... buying a great sound system for your car (if it hasnt got it already) will ALWAYS be cheaper than buying another car. music is just an "accessory" and what you should 1st focus on is safety/engine/cost/comfort/driveability etc

20 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
Ya I have had the opportunity to listen to a Honda pilot stereo sound system before, the EQ to me seemed really balanced, not a case of excess tweets as seen or heard in some Toyota I have heard
captainking:

op...quote me anywhere,,,honda accord to me has the best sound system..damn....my eod sound system is off the roof..even my former babyboy sound system beats that of toyota camry muscle....all the honda accord i have seen from 1998 upwards have a sound system second to none...

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by phrancys001(m): 12:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
People sef! Since you know that why bringing it up on a public platform

8 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
Know what exactly I don't get you
phrancys001:
People sef! Since you know that why bringing it up on a public platform

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 12:19pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:
Ya I have had the opportunity to listen to a Honda pilot stereo sound system before, the EQ to me seemed really balanced, not a case of excess tweets as seen or heard in some Toyota I have heard
exactly....balanced sound with great bass...i dont like toyota cos of their poor sound...try listening to eod sound system...its like honda has surround sound effect or so

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:26pm On Sep 07, 2018
I would keep that in mind. Let me see if I can get more votes for honda in other to decide. Eod is one vehicle I fancy too especially because it's cheaper than most other brands in its category. Now coupled with the fact you claim it has a good sound system it just might be a catch
captainking:
exactly....balanced sound with great bass...i dont like toyota cos of their poor sound...try listening to eod sound system...its like honda has surround sound effect or so
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by captainking(m): 12:56pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:
I would keep that in mind. Let me see if I can get more votes for honda in other to decide. Eod is one vehicle I fancy too especially because it's cheaper than most other brands in its category. Now coupled with the fact you claim it has a good sound system it just might be a catch
look for anyone and check out he sound system bro,,
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by mejai(m): 2:32pm On Sep 07, 2018
2008 Honda accord carries a sub woofer.

the day I washed an R350 Benz at my leisure time, d sound was ike an earthquake. windows (house) were vibrating. Volume wasn't at highest
. doors were slightly opened.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by austin4real(m): 2:37pm On Sep 07, 2018
Lexus has a good surround sound system, if you can get an XLE Toyota with the JBL sound you won’t regret. I’m using a Honda Accord 07 (DC), I’m very disappointed with the sound so I’m quite surprised pple are praising the Honda EOD sound system...

6 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by ekene101: 4:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
EOD is bomb,sound system is bae. Not a fan of Honda though.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by timifakay(m): 4:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:

Yes, but you sought for opinions though you know this.
By the way, it's easier to create the sound system that fits you in any car than to create the perfect performance car.

IMO the best stock sound system I experienced was in a GL450 I think.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by dasphinx1(m): 4:34pm On Sep 07, 2018
mejai:
2008 Honda accord carries a sub woofer.

Not all the trim models for an 08 Accord comes with a subwoofer, only the EX, EX-L and EX-L with navigation trims does. The DX(base) trims comes with a basic 6 speaker system.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 7:25pm On Sep 07, 2018
How good is the nissan bose stereo system? I hear a lot of praise about on car reviews on YouTube but I have not had a chance to listen to it

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by enijoshez: 8:39pm On Sep 07, 2018
@op, a lot of cars have good sound system. What you need to understand is that the base model of alot of cars carry ordinary stereo system, that's why you noticed those light and unimpressive sounds you talked about. Look for cars with full options spec; JBL sound systems for some Toyota's, Hammer kardon, Bang & Oluseng, Bose Stereo sound systems for most Mercedes Benz cars and also German cars in general. You can't go wrong with such sound systems ever! What ever brand and model of car you want, the sound system you get depends largely on the trim(spec) you buy.

11 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:

U should try out the audio system on Acura TL. That's some premium ELS audio system. The audio on Honda Accord and pilot are not premium, so if those ones blew u away I wonder what u would feel when u listen to the premium audio in an Acura. Then u also need to go listen to JBL audio on some Toyotas or mark and Levinson on Lexus.

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
austin4real:
Lexus has a good surround sound system, if you can get an XLE Toyota with the JBL sound you won’t regret. I’m using a Honda Accord 07 (DC), I’m very disappointed with the sound so I’m quite surprised pple are praising the Honda EOD sound system...

I'm just surprised myself. It's obvious people thinking the EOD had a good sound system have not actually listened to a good sound system in a car. Eod has a basic sound system, no sub woofer sef. The only difference between ex and lx audio system is that one is 6 loader while the other is single loader. The sound is the same.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by hayjayman(m): 9:42pm On Sep 07, 2018
Nixxxx:

You ask for people opinion here and someone gave you his own, and you replied with this, ehn?!! You have a very poor upbringing and poorly trained. If to say nr me you gave this reply, the response you will get will make you regret the side of the bed you woke up to this morning...

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:27am On Sep 08, 2018
You made alot of sense I have been in a lexus 330 it was not a base level I did not enjoy the jbl that much I have to say that it packs a lot of tweet and didn't have that sweet spot very discomforting to the ear when it was extremely loud. Because I am very sound sensitive as a music lover
enijoshez:
@op, a lot of cars have good sound system. What you need to understand is that the base model of alot of cars carry ordinary stereo system, that's why you noticed those light and unimpressive sounds you talked about. Look for cars with full options spec; JBL sound systems for some Toyota's, Hammer kardon, Bang & Oluseng, Bose Stereo sound systems for most Mercedes Benz cars and also German cars in general. You can't go wrong with such sound systems ever! What ever brand and model of car you want, the sound system you get depends largely on the trim(spec) you buy.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 12:31am On Sep 08, 2018
Yes my friend the guy is an over sabi jor I specifically asked for advice on car stereo and not any other thing so his suggestion was irrelevant because it was not what asked for
hayjayman:

You ask for people opinion here and someone gave you his own, and you replied with this, ehn?!! You have a very poor upbringing and poorly trained. If to say nr me you gave this reply, the response you will get will make you regret the side of the bed you woke up to this morning...

5 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by YorubaEmir: 12:42am On Sep 08, 2018
Nixxxx:
Yes my friend the guy is an over sabi jor I specifically asked for advice on car stereo and not any other thing so his suggestion was irrelevant because it was not what asked for

Mehn your reply was very rude to someone who humbly replied your question no matter how 'stupid' you think he sounded.

1 Like

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by ivoryhouse(m): 12:59am On Sep 08, 2018
Like someone said, focus on the car, the sound system is just an accessory which you can get for a few thousands. There are a lot of after market sound systems you can get, that is when your ride is running well, WHEN! You won't be jamming when your car packs up by the road side, will you? grin

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 9:21am On Sep 08, 2018
But of course I would not buy a dead car with the best sound system, is that not rather too obvious. You fail to understand that there so many reasons why people buy a car, it's not always about how good economically or otherwise the car is. Sincerely speaking there is no sense in actually fitting a car with a non stock stereo system if you have actually taking your time to go for a car with a good sound system. So please let's stick to the topic of giving advice on car brands with good sound systems based on experience, and not advice on the durability or quality of the car I should be the one to decide that. I just need the car to pass the sound test first
ivoryhouse:
Like someone said, focus on the car, the sound system is just an accessory which you can get for a few thousands. There are a lot of after market sound systems you can get, that is when your ride is running well, WHEN! You won't be jamming when your car packs up by the road side, will you? grin

4 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by timifakay(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2018
hayjayman:

Him blood dey hot.

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by timifakay(m): 10:04am On Sep 08, 2018
Lemme buy your market since you have decided you know all because you are in the car market for the very first time.

Nixxxx:
But of course I would not buy a dead car with the best sound system, is that not rather too obvious.

This is under probability as people like you end up buying cars on their last lap with faults well hidden under lots of cosmetics and accessories. Marketed by hawkers/dealers who have been in the sales of cars before you started making money/ saving up.

You fail to understand that there so many reasons why people buy a car, it's not always about how good economically or otherwise the car is.

The primary purpose of any car is to safely take people and goods from one point to the other. Comfort level is dependent on how much owner can afford at point of purchase and to keep it top notch.

Sincerely speaking there is no sense in actually fitting a car with a non stock stereo system if you have actually taking your time to go for a car with a good sound system.

You say this because you think you are more sensible than the manufacturers who create different trim levels and even leave option for buyers to select specific preferred accessories?
Vehicle tuning and upgrade is an industry, a booming one.

So please let's stick to the topic of giving advice on car brands with good sound systems based on experience, and not advice on the durability or quality of the car I should be the one to decide that. I just need the car to pass the sound test first

From examples of cars you've been in, You don't sound like one who can afford cars that come stock with the best sound systems you dream of.

Nixxxx:
You made alot of sense I have been in a lexus 330 it was not a base level I did not enjoy the jbl that much I have to say that it packs a lot of tweet and didn't have that sweet spot very discomforting to the ear when it was extremely loud. Because I am very sound sensitive as a music lover

By the way, was that stereo well tuned?

Nixxxx:

Production of the 2 cars you sited as examples stopped over 10 years ago. (I don't even know if you are talking about ES330 or RX330 Lexus)
Wanting best sound system without properly stating model.

Banky3w, chukel, computerglobal, Diportivo, Egunmogaji, erico2k2, Gazzuzz, Hon Musa, Ipfreely, Kingreign, LeJeun3, Mayor2013, nurey, Obekediamondfuto, Princetom1, Radautoworks, thebigkendo.
Another Dancok in the making.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by AutoElectNG: 10:16am On Sep 08, 2018
Nixxxx:

If you know what I know about sound systems unless it is a top of the range luxury vehicle, buy a good car and then buy an excellent hifi sound system to replace the stock audio system, after researching options within your budget, even the stock speakers will need to go, not just the head unit and the amplifier

Start your research here :

Sample Manufacturer https://www.sony.com/electronics/car-audio-hi-res-audio and here

Audiophile resource https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2prUYaRE8u8/learn/budget-friendly-car-audio-set-up.html

You are not alone(another nairalander) https://www.nairaland.com/3979868/creating-perfect-car-audio-sound

This is coming from a music aficionado who spared no expense to enjoy the ultimate high fidelity sound

2 Likes

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by Nixxxx(m): 1:39pm On Sep 08, 2018
Thanks for your contribution, my fear about replacing the stock sound system came about in my previous car I did fit or tried fitting a pioneer sound system in the car and in the process made some changes to fit the speakers because they were bigger than the stock that change I made later cursed some serious damage to the car because it affected the mechanics from performing some tasks. Since then I personally do like fitting my cars with materials or materials that are not built for it most times they do not exactly fit the custom personnel have to end up improvising which lead to the cusmetic damage of the car
AutoElectNG:

If you know what I know about sound systems unless it is a top of the range luxury vehicle, buy a good car and then buy an excellent hifi sound system to replace the stock audio system, after researching options within your budget, even the stock speakers will need to go, not just the head unit and the amplifier

Start your research here :

Sample Manufacturer https://www.sony.com/electronics/car-audio-hi-res-audio and here

Audiophile resource https://www.crutchfield.com/S-2prUYaRE8u8/learn/budget-friendly-car-audio-set-up.html

You are not alone(another nairalander) https://www.nairaland.com/3979868/creating-perfect-car-audio-sound

This is coming from a music aficionado who spared no expense to enjoy the ultimate high fidelity sound

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by AutoElectNG: 2:01pm On Sep 08, 2018
Nixxxx:
Thanks for your contribution, my fear about replacing the stock sound system came about in my previous car I did fit or tried fitting a pioneer sound system in the car and in the process made some changes to fit the speakers because they were bigger than the stock that change I made later cursed some serious damage to the car because it affected the mechanics from performing some tasks. Since then I personally do like fitting my cars with materials or materials that are not built for it most times they do not exactly fit the custom personnel have to end up improvising which lead to the cusmetic damage of the car

Read this https://www.nairaland.com/4584712/need-car-battery-draining-itself/3#69011751

Done right you don't need to modify anything....also modifications should not destroy functionality....it is all about the standards the technician prefers to align with

When you decide on a car...I can guide you....music is indeed food to the soul

Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:06pm On Sep 08, 2018
Bose on some Acuras are fine. Bass is a bit lacking, though.
Bang and Olufsen on Audi's are great.
JBL on base Lexus trims are great, and Mark Levinsons are even better!
Harman Kardon on MB's also sound pretty fookin good.

Generally speaking, if you want great sound, you have to go luxury. Lexus, Acura, Mercedes, Audi, and some Infiniti models have great sound systems.

Either that or you can find a Toyota or Honda with a premium stereo option.
Re: Which Car Brand Has The Best Stereo Sound System? by chibjohn(m): 3:17pm On Sep 08, 2018
I use a 2005 Honda accord lx which has a very impressive sound system for a vehicle of its class. If can afford the luxury Lexus, Benz and acuras buy them cos the come with good systems. If you want a low budget car with a good sound system then Honda EOD is your car.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

DIY: P0873 On 04 MDX 4th Clutch Transmission Fluid Pressure Switch / What Are The Issues With Nissan X-trail / I'll Never Touch Toyota Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.