Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,672 members, 7,801,937 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:26 AM

Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan (23083 Views)

APC Crediting Voters With N10,000 Online In Exchange For Their Data - FIJ / Seasonal ‘romance’: How Politicians Deceive Voters With Fake Lifestyles (pics) / Kano Rerun: Thugs Chase Away Voters With Dangerous Weapons (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 12:51pm On Sep 07, 2018
Oby Ezekwesili, former Minister of Education and co-convener of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement, has accused the Federal Government of "deliberately corrupting the elections in Osun" by launching the Trader Moni venture in the state three weeks before its scheduled governorship elections.
In a widely publicised event, Vice-President Yemi Osinbajo, on September 3, 2018, had launched the programme, which targeted 30,000 traders in Osun.
According to information from the programme's Twitter handle, Trader Moni is a "Federal Government empowerment scheme to help alleviate poverty in Nigeria by empowering traders and artisans".
The Federal Government budgeted N300,000,000 to "empower" traders in Osun, and the loan is expected to be repaid within six months, after which the traders can access higher amounts.
However, Ezekwesili berated the timing of the launch in Osun, stating that "such behaviour after the grand corrupting of voters in Ekiti is reprehensible".
SahareReporters had reported that for traders to access the N10,000 loan, they had to provide evidence of having registered for the Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs). http://saharareporters.com/2018/09/07/ezekwesili-hits-fg-deliberately-corrupting-osun-voters-n10000-business-loan

19 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 12:52pm On Sep 07, 2018
A tweet via Ezekwesili's handle read: "The Federal Government either failed to be Ethically Circumspect or in fact Deliberately decided to CORRUPT the Elections in Osun by handing out Cash to Traders JUST BEFORE the State Elections. Such behavior after the Grand Corrupting of Voters in Ekiti is REPREHENSIBLE."
The Federal Government either failed to be Ethically Circumspect or in fact Deliberately decided to CORRUPT the Elections in Osun by handing out Cash to Traders JUST BEFORE the State Elections.
Such behavior after the Grand Corrupting of Voters in Ekiti is REPREHENSIBLE👎🏾
— Oby Ezekwesili (@obyezeks) September 7, 2018

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 12:54pm On Sep 07, 2018
Na to collect the money and votes for my conscience. no one can buy my conscience. Atigbon ni ipinle osun oooooo. A o go Mon. Imole de okunkun parada ni ipinle osun.

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 12:58pm On Sep 07, 2018
Osinbanjo as acclaimed pastor have failed Christainity by allowing himself to be used for such act. why can't they gave out #100k loan for the peasants farmers and others. why? we are rich and more educated in this nation that someone can cajoled us with their fake promises and lies. we don tired.

97 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 12:59pm On Sep 07, 2018
It is insane, it is nothing but vote buying.

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:00pm On Sep 07, 2018
I prefer this type of “corruption” to Dasuki type where the whole money went to few privileged individuals

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:02pm On Sep 07, 2018
the same people who promised change are now introducing vote buying. Some days to election you now remember to empower people with 10k. Very disgusting. what I'm angry about is that we have graduates roaming around the streets , but still they will never empowered them for dreams to come through, but came out with another idea of votes buying their conscience. people are much aware of their tactics. you make us to be angry, and you are still buying our conscience with #10k, Atigbon ni ipinle osun now.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:
I prefer this type of “corruption” to Dasuki type where the whole money went to few privileged individuals
This is the kind of reply that you will be reading when their children are all benefiting from it. I'm highly disappointed from this reply. since 2015, you keep blaming the past administration, still buhari government hasn't achieved half of what good luck Jonathan have achieved in the government. blame calling can't solve issues here.

161 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:05pm On Sep 07, 2018
dukie25:
It is insane, it is nothing but vote buying.

What did you call this back then ??

The truth you guys in PDP have no moral standing to accuse anyone of voters inducement, because you actually did worse and took voters corruption to a whole new level, I’m a living witness to what happened in 2015.

29 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:06pm On Sep 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
This is the kind of reply that you will be reading when their children are all benefiting from it. I'm highly disappointed from this reply. since 2015, you keep blaming the past administration, still buhari government hasn't achieved half of what good luck Jonathan have achieved in the government. blame calling can't solve issues here.

Like my reply above, I will take some other people criticism more serious, definitely not your type.

The truth is our democracy is not yet that developed that elections will strictly be based on issues and not other considerations.

You can deny that as much as you want..that is your concern

11 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:07pm On Sep 07, 2018
However, Ezekwesili berated the timing of the launch in Osun, stating that "such behaviour after the grand corrupting of voters in Ekiti is reprehensible"

Osun election is just weeks away then you share N10,000 to voters disguised as loan. They did same thing in Ekiti, but that one was blatant.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by mrbaba18(m): 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
Osinbanjo is a disgrace 2 Christianity

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by RurouniKenshin: 1:08pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

The truth you guys in PDP have no moral standing to accuse anyone of voters inducement, because you actually did worse and took voters corruption to a whole new level, I’m a living witness to what happened in 2015.
So it's payback time abi? cheesy

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
[s]
gurnam:
[/s]

Never knew there was good corruption and bad corruption. Thought you people were fighting corruption? Mr Integrity my as. ss.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:09pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

this was done during the pdp presidential primary election in 2014, giving money to various political parties is much. both the Apc and pdp and other parties do that. so your propaganda here will never hold any water. we Don mature for your like. next one.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:10pm On Sep 07, 2018
RurouniKenshin:
So it's payback time abi? cheesy

Not really, it’s just to point out some hypocrisy in some comments here about pontificating and grandstanding as if what is happening is strange to them

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:11pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

Those people are now being celebrated in APC.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by AroleOduduwa(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

Hypocrite

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

Like my reply above, I will take some other people criticism more serious, definitely not your type.

The truth is our democracy is not yet that developed that elections will strictly be based on issues and not other considerations.

You can deny that as much as you want..that is your concern
you hold that your statement to your self. our democracy is ripe to demonstrate decorum to our behavior. everyone is condemning it to its totality,you are here saying the otherwise. I will inform you here that alot of people collect it but you can never take their conscience from them. the conscience is sacrosanct.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:12pm On Sep 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
this was done during the pdp presidential primary election in 2014, giving money to various political parties is much. both the Apc and pdp and other parties do that. so your propaganda here will never hold any water. we Don mature for your like. next one.

So if your party did it and you didn’t question the morality then, why are you now questioning this Trader Moni initiative

Calling you an hypocrite is putting it mildly

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
dukie25:

Those people are now being celebrated in APC.
their members are saint.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:13pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

Not really, it’s just to point out some hypocrisy in some comments here about pontificating and grandstanding as if what is happening is strange to them
But APC are the ones doing the grandstanding, harping on the fact they're fighting corruption. What sort of corruption fight is this?

11 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
Buhari thought all Nigerians are zombies

For the past 3 years he has being collecting billions for his own feeding allowance as if the market he patronized is in Heaven

Few days to the election in Osun, he started sharing N10,000 undecided

He keeps sharing poverty anywhere he goes!

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:14pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

So if your party do it and you don’t question the morality then, why are you now question this Trader Moni initiative

Calling you an hypocrite is putting it mildly
each and everyone condemn it then. what Mrs ezekwesili is saying here is that VP Osinbajo is encouraging votes buying with his act of trade moni method.

15 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:15pm On Sep 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
you hold that your statement to your self. our democracy is ripe to demonstrate decorum to our behavior. everyone is condemning it to its totality,you are here saying the otherwise. I will inform you here that alot of people collect it but you can never take their conscience from them. the conscience is sacrosanct.

Just the way your party is inducing voters in Osun but nobody disturbs us here with whining. The most important like you rightly said if for voters to be in a position to vote their conscience regardless of the monetary enticement by ALL parties

2 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:16pm On Sep 07, 2018
Johnnyessence:
each and everyone condemn it then. what Mrs ezekwesili is saying here is that VP Osinbajo is encouraging votes buying with his act of trade moni method.

Let me see where you condemnation is back then

So the one presently going on in abuja is also votes buying?

You guys just want to have a ready made excuse for your imminent defeat and disgrace in Osun grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:18pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

Just the way your party is inducing voters in Osun but nobody disturbs is here with whining. The most important like you rightly said if for voters to be in a position to vote their conscience regardless of the monetary enrichment by ALL parties

You should just admit that APC is not fighting any corruption, the notion that they are is what is annoying.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by Johnnyessence(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

You guys just want to have a ready made excuse for your imminent defeat and disgrace in Osun grin
APC has noting on ground to campaign there either sharing money or inducing people with stupid loans.

8 Likes

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by madridguy(m): 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
shocked
Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by gurnam: 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
dukie25:

But APC are the ones doing the grandstanding, harping on the fact they're fighting corruption. What sort of corruption fight is this?

I only conceded to you on the issue of trader Moni as voters enticement for the sake of argument not that I agreed to it as votes buying

Votes buying can only happen on Election Day not when election is still weeks away

1 Like

Re: Ezekwesili Hits FG For 'deliberately Corrupting Osun Voters' With N10k Loan by dukie25: 1:20pm On Sep 07, 2018
gurnam:

The one going on in Abuja is for face saving after the outcry regarding Osun. They would never had gone to Abuja if not for the criticism.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Osibanjo Meets Kukah, Abdulsalami At The Villa - Punch / I Was Not Ambushed By Herdsmen - Kayode Ajulo / Ondo Commissioner Alleges Forgery Of Akeredolu’s Signature On Official Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.