Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,281 members, 7,807,942 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire (10122 Views)

Will You Date Someone That Doesn’t Believe On The Existence Of God? / Why Young People Don't Like Going To Church - Olamide Obire / What Are You Hearing In Your Local Church, Life Or Death? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jnrbayano(m): 8:47am On Oct 18, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Which Bible verse says you must obey Jesus by doing works before you have eternal life?

You are just dropping your unbiblical opinion.

You are all over the place and actually the chief culprit of the umbilical gang.

That guy made it simple for your kind with that simple and straight to the point explanation. I'm not surprised you are yet to understand this cos I don't underestimate the power of the devil to blind.

I have encountered you before here (nairaland religion section) and I'm sure that time I committed your change of heart only by the power of the Holy Spirit on the previous post of mine here.

Claim to have faith in Jesus from thy kingdom come and fail to obey the word of God, you will never be saved

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 12:51pm On Oct 18, 2018
jnrbayano:

You are all over the place and actually the chief culprit of the umbilical gang.

That guy made it simple for your kind with that simple and straight to the point explanation. I'm not surprised you are yet to understand this cos I don't underestimate the power of the devil to blind.

I have encountered you before here (nairaland religion section) and I'm sure that time I committed your change of heart only by the power of the Holy Spirit on the previous post of mine here.

Claim to have faith in Jesus from thy kingdom come and fail to obey the word of God, you will never be saved

Your last sentence... which Bible verse supports that?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
Which Bible verse says you musty obey Jesus by doing works before you have eternal life?

You are just dropping your unbiblical opinion.
If you really have knowledge of the word of God, you should know if what I told you was true or not and not wait for me quote the Bible first for you to believe. For if that's just what you want, then you don't need me, for even Satan can do that for you quote the written word with a wrong interpretation as he did to Jesus and you would believe him.

But if you truly want to know the truth humble yourself as a little child before God and he would reveal the truth to you. When Jesus came to the earth how many times did he quote the written word of God or the Law and the Prophets yet he was speaking truth that even exceeded what was obtainable in the Law and the Prophets. But you can see the extent to which his teachings were rejected by people that sound like you.

Now you are here now because it has been documented you will be the first quoting it but do you truly think if you were one of those in those days that you would have accepted it? I can envision you rebuffing Jesus then and speaking like you are now, and saying to him, "you are just giving us your unscriptural opinion quote the scriptures otherwise I would not believe you".

But there were those that didn't need him to be quoting scriptures up and down for them to believe that he was saying the truth. And they are the ones that were privileged to be entrusted with truth that we now have with us today. You think it's by biblical opinion then stay at the level you are but if you really want to know the truth humble yourself very crucial and ask God to reveal it to you for these things are hidden and except God reveals them to you, you would be chasing shadows like the Pharisees who knew all the scriptural letters but didn't know the truth, and that's a worst case because you need that truth for your salvation.

It's not by knowing the letters my brother but the truth for that's where the freedom lies. You can still ask me if this is my unbiblical opinion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 10:02pm On Oct 18, 2018
jesusjnr:
If you really have knowledge of the word of God, you should know if what I told you was true or not and not wait for me quote the Bible first for you to believe. For if that's just what you want, then you don't need me, for even Satan can do that for you quote the written word with a wrong interpretation as he did to Jesus and you would believe him.

But if you truly want to know the truth humble yourself as a little child before God and he would reveal the truth to you. When Jesus came to the earth how many times did he quote the written word of God or the Law and the Prophets yet he was speaking truth that even exceeded what was obtainable in the Law and the Prophets. But you can see the extent to which his teachings were rejected by people that sound like you.

Now you are here now because it has been documented you will be the first quoting it but do you truly think if you were one of those in those days that you would have accepted it? I can envision you rebuffing Jesus then and speaking like you are now, and saying to him, "you are just giving us your unscriptural opinion quote the scriptures otherwise I would not believe you".

But there were those that didn't need him to be quoting scriptures up and down for them to believe that he was saying the truth. And they are the ones that were privileged to be entrusted with truth that we now have with us today. You think it's by biblical opinion then stay at the level you are but if you really want to know the truth humble yourself very crucial and ask God to reveal it to you for these things are hidden and except God reveals them to you, you would be chasing shadows like the Pharisees who knew all the scriptural letters but didn't know the truth, and that's a worst case because you need that truth for your salvation.

It's not by knowing the letters my brother but the truth for that's where the freedom lies. You can still ask me if this is my unbiblical opinion.
I asked a simple question, yet look at the long epistle you gave as a reply without actually answering my question.

You actually think you are Jesus. Jesus quoted scriptures to prove his teachings. Even when He didn't, He really had no need because He was the WORD of God. That's why his words made sense.

I simply asked you to back up your claim with Bible scriptures, but all you could do is say Jesus hardly did such, so you don't need to as well.

That means your words are not grounded in the Bible. Jesus words are so grounded that they became the Bible. We already have the Bible, so yours can never be taken as one. If your words don't have biblical backings, then they are false.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by paxonel(m): 10:33pm On Oct 18, 2018
jnrbayano:

one big devil called ignorance is right inside you making this statement, thank God you didnt succeed deceiving many christians but only few like your type .

Who are you to say someone is not saved without any scripture backing your statement, are you God who recommend the bible?

May be you are making references from some kind of babalawo or juju but certainly, not from the bible .

Whosoever believes in christ is saved, just believe thats all.
Period!!

There is nothing you can do to change that if you like jump let head touch the clouds it change nothing.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 10:44pm On Oct 18, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
I asked a simple question, yet look at the long epistle you gave as a reply without actually answering my question.

You actually think you are Jesus. Jesus quoted scriptures to prove his teachings. Even when He didn't, He really had no need because He was the WORD of God. That's why his words made sense.

I simply asked you to back up your claim with Bible scriptures, but all you could do is say Jesus hardly did such, so you don't need to as well.

That means your words are not grounded in the Bible. Jesus words are so grounded that they became the Bible. We already have the Bible, so yours can never be taken as one. If your words don't have biblical backings, then they are false.
I'm not going to give what's holy to the dogs or cast my pearls before the swine because they won't know the value of it. I have several proofs of what you asked for in the words of Jesus that you said are so grounded but i'm not going to waste them on you!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jnrbayano(m): 11:43pm On Oct 18, 2018
jesusjnr:
I'm not going to give what's holy to the dogs or cast my pearls before the swine because they won't know the value of it. I several proofs of what you asked for in the words of Jesus that you said are so grounded but i'm not going to waste them on you!

Wise choice bro
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 3:34am On Oct 19, 2018
jesusjnr:
I'm not going to give what's holy to the dogs or cast my pearls before the swine because they won't know the value of it. I have several proofs of what you asked for in the words of Jesus that you said are so grounded but i'm not going to waste them on you!
That's a shame on you. You are actually a disgrace to whatever you claim to stand for. Just admit that you can't give what you don't have. If you truly have it, you would be glad to share it not for my sake but for the sake of other readers of this thread. But since you don't have anything to offer, you rather hide behind "I can't give food to the dogs".

You are a shame.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 3:36am On Oct 19, 2018
jnrbayano:

Wise choice bro
A dumb choice. He can't give what he doesnt have.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 4:44am On Oct 19, 2018
jnrbayano:

Wise choice bro
God bless you bro. I already took note of you from the onset. Thanks for being able to spot and acknowledge the truth despite not knowing who the source is.

All i can say is that God really cares about us because you wouldn't believe the kind of embarrassment God just saved me.

For what you called wise choice was not actually mine but God that forced it upon me. Imagine wasting such heavenly treasures on such a person.

Credit must go to who it is truly due. Father thank you for you just saved my back. I couldn't understand why you would allow what i had typed for hours upon hours to just disappear but you proved that you knew better than i do. I was wrong, you were right.

And it happened just as i said, that you didn't want the person i was sending it to receive the message. Now i know why. And so the credit of the wise choice my friend said i made must go back to you.

Forgive me bro for that but i know you'll understand. Keep it up!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 5:29am On Oct 19, 2018
[s]
paxonel:
one big devil called ignorance is right inside you making this statement, thank God you didnt succeed deceiving many christians but only few like your type .

Who are you to say someone is not saved without any scripture backing your statement, are you God who recommend the bible?

May be you are making references from some kind of babalawo or juju but certainly, not from the bible .

Whosoever believes in christ is saved, just believe thats all.
Period!!

There is nothing you can do to change that if you like jump let head touch the clouds it change nothing.
[/s] Yeah right! believe in him without keeping his words.

Even the devils can do can do better than that! For they believed he was the son of God and obeyed his words when he commanded them to come out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 5:40am On Oct 19, 2018
alBHAGDADI:
That's a shame on you. You are actually a disgrace to whatever you claim to stand for. Just admit that you can't give what you don't have. If you truly have it, you would be glad to share it not for my sake but for the sake of other readers of this thread. But since you don't have anything to offer, you rather hide behind "I can't give food to the dogs".

You are a shame.
lipsrsealed NEXT!!!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jnrbayano(m): 7:11am On Oct 19, 2018
jesusjnr:
God bless you bro. I already took note of you from the onset. Thanks for being able to spot and acknowledge the truth despite not knowing who the source is.

All i can say is that God really cares about us because you wouldn't believe the kind of embarrassment God just saved me.

For what you called wise choice was not actually mine but God that forced it upon me. Imagine wasting such heavenly treasures on such a person.

Credit must go to who it is truly due. Father thank you for you just saved my back. I couldn't understand why you would allow what i had typed for hours upon hours to just disappear but you proved that you knew better than i do. I was wrong, you were right.

And it happened just as i said, that you didn't want the person i was sending it to receive the message. Now i know why. And so the credit of the wise choice my friend said i made must go back to you.

Forgive me bro for that but i know you'll understand. Keep it up!

Thanks dear one. May the almighty God continue to reward you with more wisdom. May he also continue to give us the strength to obey his words which are life and eternal.

You are a very humble fellow and God loves humility

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by paxonel(m): 8:46am On Oct 19, 2018
jesusjnr:
[s]Yeah right! believe in him without keeping his words.

Even the devils can do can do better than that! For they believed he was the son of God and obeyed his words when he commanded them to come out. [/s]
very wrong analogy, you dont know what you are saying.

Believers are humans who have flesh, the devil you are talking about is spirit and does not have flesh.

What is spirit is spirit and what is flesh is flesh.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And to crown it all,

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh(who is not an unbeliever of christ), but after the Spirit.(believing in christ).

You are quick to say keeping his words.
Keeping his words is never the same thing as keeping the law.

Keeping the law though is very good, but as good as the law is, it is walking after the flesh without christ.
But the moment anyone believes in christ whether he can keep the law or not,automatically he has kept his words and he is walking after the spirit and he is justified like that .

The word of God is not trying on your own to be good, your righteosness is like fithy rag before him.

The word of God is just believe in christ and be saved thats all and nothing else.

bush preacher, you should be ashamed of yourself and go hide your face grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 19, 2018
paxonel:
very wrong analogy, you dont know what you are saying.

Believers are humans who have flesh, the devil you are talking about is spirit and does not have flesh.

What is spirit is spirit and what is flesh is flesh.

John 3:6 That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.

And to crown it all,

Romans 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh(who is not an unbeliever of christ), but after the Spirit.(believing in christ).

You are quick to say keeping his words.
Keeping his words is never the same thing as keeping the law.

Keeping the law though is very good, but as good as the law is, it is walking after the flesh without christ.
But the moment anyone believes in christ whether he can keep the law or not,automatically he has kept his words and he is walking after the spirit and he is justified like that .

The word of God is not trying on your own to be good, your righteosness is like fithy rag before him.

The word of God is just believe in christ and be saved thats all and nothing else.

bush preacher, you should be ashamed of yourself and go hide your face grin
But did you seriously go through what you just wrote? You think it's just about just copying scriptures without first having a clear message but a confused one.

First you said believers have flesh and that Satan was a spirit and doesn't have flesh.

And then what is spirit is spirit and what is flesh

And then displayed your ignorance of the truth by quoting the words of Jesus to try and justify your initial comments:

And then in your own words said, "and to crown it all",

In other words you that started with believers having flesh and not being like Satan who is a spirit, is crowning it up with the message that the believers who you say are flesh are trying to be spirit which Satan is. And yet you say that you don't have have to keep the words of the spirit.

Spirits keep the word of God even the evil spirits like Satan, and he will not want you to know this. The only difference is that while to those in heaven it is the rule, To Satan and his companions it is the exception that is they only do it when they have to, that why they are in hell.

So to not join them there in hell you have to not just keep it, but keep it more than they do there in hell, and make it the rule in your life as it is in heaven.

That's why Jesus said: "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." For the will of God is the word of his Kingdom.

He that hath ear, let him hear.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by paxonel(m): 6:01pm On Oct 19, 2018
jesusjnr:
But did you seriously go through what you just wrote? You think it's just about just copying scriptures without first having a clear message but a confused one.
so far what you have written bellow did not bring a clear message of the scripture i quoted are you not confused by making this statement like that in the first place?
I had expected that since i did not not have a clear message then you should have come with a superior message better than mine but you didnt.
Therefore you failed worefully.

First you said believers have flesh and that Satan was a spirit and doesn't have flesh.
i was absolutely correct saying this, dont try to go againt it except you are very confused

And then what is spirit is spirit and what is flesh

And then displayed your ignorance of the truth
you have not landed with any truth yet, which truth are you talking about?
by quoting the words of Jesus to try and justify your initial comments:
may be if you had provided any truth, that alone may have rendered my initial comment unjustifiable(since you think you are better than Jesus), but you failed worefully

And then in your own words said, "and to crown it all",

tell me that disbelieving in christ is not the same thing as walking after the flesh and believing in christ is not the same thing as walking after the spirit. Use scriptures to back it lets see.
This is the only way you will be proven not to fail worefully grin

In other words you that started with believers having flesh and not being like Satan who is a spirit, is crowning it up with the message that the believers who you say are flesh are trying to be spirit
it seems you dont know the difference between simile and metaphor.
Did i tell you that christians were trying to be spirit?
At what point in my statement did i say so?

Christians walking after the spirit or being spiritually minded by simply believing in christ does not necessarily imply that they are spirit themselves or trying to be spirits

Spirits keep the word of God even the evil spirits like Satan, and he will not want you to know this. The only difference is that while to those in heaven it is the rule, To Satan and his companions it is the exception that is they only do it when they have to, that why they are in hell.
i dont know whether what you are saying here is true or not, but learn not to say things about spirits without any scriptural backing it makes you sound unsincere.

So to not join them there in hell you have to not just keep it, but keep it more than they do there in hell, and make it the rule in your life as it is in heaven.

That's why Jesus said: "thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven." For the will of God is the word of his Kingdom.

He that hath ear, let him hear.
hmmmm! grin grin grin
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 11:20pm On Oct 19, 2018
paxonel:
so far what you have written bellow did not bring a clear message of the scripture i quoted...(since you think you are better than Jesus),
Really? since i think i'm better than Jesus? Never for Jesus is my master and i am just his servant. And it's to his credit that yet unknown, i'm more respected in the spirit world-heaven and in hell-than most of those you already know in the church. The reason is because of my obedience of the words of the spirit that he gave to us. For that's the only way we can be born again and become spirits like him and hence be able to enter into the kingdom, for the kingdom of God is only meant for spirits never any flesh, hence as a flesh you must become a spirit otherwise you would never be able to enter in. So that's what Jesus meant by saying, so it's not about quoting but first obeying it, and then if you must quote him make sure you do it in the right interpretation, or you won't be any different from Satan who also does that.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by alBHAGDADI: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2018
jesusjnr:
[s][/s] Yeah right! believe in him without keeping his words.

Even the devils can do can do better than that! For they believed he was the son of God and obeyed his words when he commanded them to come out.

"Then they asked him, 'What must we do to do the works of God?' Jesus answered them, 'This is the work of God, that you believe in him whom he has sent'" (John 6:28-29).
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 21, 2018
Jesus said: "Therefore
whosoever heareth
these sayings of
mine, and doeth
them, I will liken him
unto a wise man, which built his house
upon a rock: And the rain
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
it fell not: for it was founded upon a
rock. And every one that
heareth these
sayings of mine, and
doeth them not, shall
be likened unto a
foolish man, which built his house upon
the sand: And the rain
descended, and the
floods came, and the
winds blew, and beat
upon that house; and
it fell: and great was the fall of it."
Mt 7:24-27.(KJV). A word is enough for the wise.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by elijahkayode(m): 4:05pm On Aug 01, 2019
tallfish145:
Jesus (prophet Isa) is not God and can never save you from doom. Believe in one Infinite and supernatural God and obey his commandment, then you will be saved.

Holy spirit is God & separate from God
Jesus is God & separate from God
Angel of God who showed himself to Moses is God & separate from God.

Humanity (me & u) without Christ Animal
Humanity (me & u) with Christ Sons of God (image of the Almighty God)
You Muslim are being judged by the law right now (Islam without believe in Christ is bloodthirsty)

Reality Fact
1. Iran (Muslim country) no 1 sponsor of terror in the world world
2. Jamal kashoggi inocent journalist was killed in the Muslim world
3. Radical islam from Iran want to take over Nigeria
4. 50% of Muslim countries are ravaged by war & disasters (innocent lives are being killed on a daily basis)
5. Shittes
6. Boko haram
7. Radical islam kidnapped 300 Nigerian (chibok) girls oldest of the girl is (20) yes old

& lots of others

what more do we need to see before we know only Jesus can saved
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by NewsOnline: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2019
God bless you Jigazz. I pray that you experience more of God's saving Grace (undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour) as you continue to not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Paul who wrote that he was not ashamed of the gospel and whose writing many commentators are twisting here as they are twisting yours was also falsely accused of preaching that it is okay to sin because of Grace. Be happy. You are in good company. Blessed are you when you are persecuted for Christ's sake.

Many people interpret not being ashamed of the gospel of Christ as being bold enough to preach inside bus but even Satan can preach inside bus as he is doing with your accusers here and even behind church pulpits. Satan's doctrine is no different from the one with which he used to deceive Eve in Eden: that you can be godly (be like God) by human striving at doing something (keeping the law which gives the knowledge of good and evil.) If you look carefully, this is the same doctrine that those who claim to be for Christ but are opposing the truth that you posted are believing. They think that they can achieve a smidgen of good (godliness) by their human effort (arm of flesh) at obeying the letter that kills! They are like Peter who implied that Christ was wrong when Christ told him about his then upcoming denials, so confident in their ability to keep the law and live a godly life (be like God.)They look at some sins and like Peter did, think along the lines of "I can never do that." They pride themselves in their ability to obey the law that God's word says condemns all who try! Like Peter did before his eyes were opened to his utter need for God's saving Grace, they imply that God's word must be wrong when He says the arm of flesh will fail. They are yet to see how lacking in humility they are with their pride in the arm of flesh to obey the law and cannot see their utter need for Christ's salvation from sin and death! Believer, let's not be found trusting in the arm of flesh to make us righteous like God when Christ died for this same purpose.

A common refrain of even some churchgoers to the truth of God's Grace is:

"So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?”

Beloved of God, beware of preachers of this doctrine of demons that equates righteousness in Christ with lawlessness and committing sins with reckless abandon. Matthew 1:21 tells us what Christ came to do:

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Christ Himself tells us in (John 6:43-46) what He is doing in the life of every believer:

“Jesus said, “Don’t bicker among yourselves over Me. You’re not in charge here. The Father who sent Me is in charge. He draws people to Me—that’s the only way you’ll ever come. Only then do I do My work, putting people together, setting them on their feet, ready for the End."”

Beloved of God, how can these two things - being saved from sins/put together by Christ and continuing to live in sin - how can they co-exist? How can the blind receive sight from Christ and continue to be blind? Believers, run from any pastor that posits this kind of horrid antichrist argument that says that righteousness in Christ is licence to commit sin. What a horrid antichrist doctrine it is. Let's take our blessed brains to church: Titus 2:14 tells us what Christ came to do:

"He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Also see Matthew 1:21-"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

Being in Christ without living in triumph over sin and death is much more impossible than being submerged under water naked without getting wet. Godliness, every fruit of the Spirit and right living is the "wet." In Christ, we are not under Law but under Grace-

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under grace." Romans 6:14.

This verse is the message of the cross; Christ's message. But many preach it backwards and say that sin will have dominion over you if you follow Grace or that Grace children just want to wallow in sin. There is a reason for this foolish and antichrist talk as we see in 1 Corinthians 1:18-

"For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God."

The message of the cross is all about salvation by God's Grace (undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour,) including salvation from sins and every curse. Beloved of God, God's Grace is a Person. His name is Jesus Christ. Titus 2:11 says of Him:

"God’s marvelous grace has manifested in person, bringing salvation for everyone."

Verse 14 of the same Titus 2 says: "He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

How can one continue to live in sin when he has Christ (God's Grace) who came to free us from every kind of sin, no matter how vile, as his Saviour? Only antichrists preach that Grace (Christ Himself!) will cause people to sin.

How can God who sent His own beloved Son to save us from our sins sanction living in sin? This is as ridiculous as going to a hospital treat cancer and then the Physician in charge of your well-being (who happens to be your Father that would give his life for you in a heartbeat) allows you to ingest and wallow in more carcinogens (sin) so that the penalty of your wallowing (death) can follow. Let's take our blessed brains to church. Not every gathering in God's name is the “assembly of the brethren.”

Christ is Saviour. He saves from the cancer of sin and the death that follows. For all who believe in Jesus Christ, God the Righteous Judge sees us as righteous, "even though we are guilty of many sins"- Romans 5:16-

"And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins.”

It is because of those sins that He came to die- to save us from them all. So how on earth can a believer continue to wallow in sin? Any churchgoer with this false reasoning simply does not believe in Jesus Christ - that He saves from sins. Beloved of God, beware of “spiritual wickedness in high places” pastors whose trade is describing the truth of Grace (God's word!) as “blasphemy”/“license to sin.” Such point out sin and ungodliness in man and then promote the attainment of righteousness/godliness (be like God) by human effort aka the arm of flesh. This is the same seemingly good but deathly false doctrine that Satan used to deceive Eve in Eden. It is the way that seems right to a man but its end is the way of death. It is the broad road that leads to destruction.

We often forget that people on the broad road want to enter the realm of heaven's kingdom. They're not people who do not care about God or where they will spend eternity. Just like the people that Christ was addressing as He taught the Sermon on the Mount where the reference is from, they go to church to hear the Word. They're just on the wrong path- they look to their own strength and will-power (arm of flesh) to obey the law in order to be sin-free, right with God and have eternal life and thus have been cut off from Christ (Galatians 5:4.)

Peddlers of this false doctrine that equates righteousness in Christ with license to sin never point you to Jesus Christ the Tree of Life who gave His life to make us godly/righteous in God's sight (Romans 5:9) and to free us from every kind of sin (Titus 2:14) They preach that God's abundance of Grace and His gift of righteousness to us in Christ are license to sin. But God's word says differently. His word says receiving His abundance of Grace and His gift of Righteousness to us in Christ is the Way to live in triumph over sin and death:

"And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. 17 For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ." Romans 5:16-17.

Believe Right and you will Live Right.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 12:52pm On Sep 21, 2019
deebrain:
Jesus Christ is 150% God Almighty.
Can you bring forward Bible verses to back up your submission ?
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by NewsOnline: 12:56pm On Sep 21, 2019
God bless you Jigazz. Believers, let's take our blessed brains to church. Antichrists respond to God's saving Grace with false and horrid arguments such as: "So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?”

Antichrists preach that warped and false message that equates believing in Jesus with committing sins with reckless abandon. Titus 2:14 tells us why Christ came to die:

"He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds.”

He came to free us from even those sins in Revelation 21:8 for which some “men of God” threaten the flock with hell fire:

"8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death."

Christ came to save us from perishing both here on earth and in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone; that we might “not perish but have eternal life.”

Sometimes, when we hear Revelation 21:8 quoted in many places of worship, it is usually in the context of “You’d better stop... (fill in the blank with any of the sins above) and come to Christ or else God will punish you and you will burn in hell.” Those who are already trying hard to overcome their sins and addictions get weighed down and depressed as they can see no hope of Salvation, even from the sins that hold them captive. Beloved of God, beware of preachers of such doctrine of demons. Matthew 1:21 tells us what Christ came to do:

"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

This is Grace- undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour. See what Romans 5:9 says of how God sees all who believe in Jesus:

"And there is still much more to say of His unfailing love for us! For through the blood of Jesus we have heard the powerful declaration, “You are now righteous in My sight.” And because of the sacrifice of Jesus, you will never experience the wrath of God."

A common refrain of even some churchgoers to this truth of Grace is:

"So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?”

Beloved of God, beware of preachers of this doctrine of demons that equates righteousness in Christ with lawlessness and committing sins with reckless abandon. Matthew 1:21 tells us what Christ came to do:

Christ Himself tells us in (John 6:43-46) what He is doing in the life of every believer:

“Jesus said, “Don’t bicker among yourselves over Me. You’re not in charge here. The Father who sent Me is in charge. He draws people to Me—that’s the only way you’ll ever come. Only then do I do My work, putting people together, setting them on their feet, ready for the End."”

Beloved of God, how can these two things - being saved from sins/put together by Christ and continuing to live in sin - how can they co-exist? How can the blind receive sight from Christ and continue to be blind? Believers, run from any pastor or churchgoer that posits this kind of horrid antichrist argument that says that righteousness in Christ is licence to commit sin. What a horrid antichrist doctrine it is. Let's take our blessed brains to church: Titus 2:14 tells us what Christ came to do:

"He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

Also see Matthew 1:21-"And she will bring forth a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus, for He will save His people from their sins.”

See the Amplified Classic version: "She will bear a Son, and you shall call His name Jesus [the Greek form of the Hebrew Joshua, which means Savior], for He will save His people from their sins [that is, prevent them from failing and missing the true end and scope of life, which is God]."

How then can these two things - being saved from sins by Christ and continuing to live in sin - how can they co-exist? How can you who have Christ who saves from sins (Matt. 1:21) as your Saviour continue to live in sin?

Those who push this argument of “Christians continuing to wallow in blatant or covert sin after being joined to Christ who saves from sins" that is so lacking in God's Wisdom (Christ Himself) imply that Christ cannot accomplish His work as Saviour from sins in the life of the sinner who utterly depends on Him for salvation, even salvation from sins (Matt. 1:21.) They are NOT believers in Christ who is Saviour from sin and death. They are mere churchgoers. They were never saved, even saved from sins by Christ to begin with, even though they are calling Christ "Lord, Lord." They are their own saviour from sins. Christ never knew them. Hence thi

You will find that it is this same "so you are saying that we can sin anyhow because of Grace" promoters that preach that believers whom Christ came to save from sins can lose their salvation. These ones were never saved to begin with. Their human effort at obedience (arm of flesh that will fail) is their saviour from sins. This is why they believe that they can lose a salvation that they never had to begin with. They do not see Christ as Saviour from sins. They are their own saviour. Unfortunately, their best efforts at abstinence from sins and living a godly life are like a menstrual rag in God's sight (Isaiah 64:6) and can never make anyone righteous in God's sight (Romans 3:19-20.)

This false argument of "So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?” belies the fact that its promoters trust in their strength to make them godly (be like God) as Eve was deceived into doing. Such see themselves as their own saviour from sins and ungodliness. This is the very definition of unbelief in Jesus Christ. Beloved of God, let's not be found here. If you hold this wrong belief, you're reading this because our heavenly Father wants you to stop your silly efforts to save yourself and know and believe His Love and saving Grace- Christ Himself.

Churchgoing hypocrites and antichrists are the ones that always bring up this kind of oxymoronic and horrid "So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?" argument. Such act like they are the only ones that loathe sin/desire godliness and that everybody except them is just itching to commit sins.

To think that all sinners enjoy their sins and don't want to give them up is akin to thinking that Peter enjoyed denying Jesus and could not wait for another opportunity to deny Jesus. Or that Judas was gleefully looking forward to another opportunity to betray Christ. What do we think is the major cause of depression and suicide even among non-believers? It is guilt for sins, fear, anxiety, hopelessness and sorrow in the heart for sins aka not measuring up to particular standards - no different from what happened to the depressed and suicidal Judas who was full of remorse, blamed himself for his sin and looked to himself for salvation through his futile attempt at making things right. The word "sin" is translated from the Greek word Hamartia- literally "miss the mark."

All of mankind have sinned. Many are like Peter- beginning with good intentions, self-confident in their sin-loathing, never thinking that they could do what they did, falling flat on their faces (because the arm of flesh will fail) and afterwards, feeling great remorse.

Others are like Judas whom "Satan entered." See Luke 22- “3 Then Satan entered Judas, surnamed Iscariot, who was numbered among the twelve. 4 So he went his way and conferred with the chief priests and captains, how he might betray Him to them. 5 And they were glad, and agreed to give him money. 6 So he promised and sought opportunity to betray Him to them in the absence of the multitude.”

To all the beloved of God who are always positing this baseless argument of "So you are saying once we are saved, because the righteousness of Christ covers us we should continue in sin?" and think that everybody but them wants to go on sinning sprees: you are not the only one that hates sin. As they say in my country, “it is condition that bent crayfish” for many: the reason why we are not committing particular sins is because God did not allow us to get tempted beyond what we can bear ()There is no good in man of himself. Man's will-power to withstand temptation (after boasting that “I can never do that" as Peter did) is utterly useless. See this in .

We all need God's saving Grace who saves from sins. Like Peter, we will all fall flat on our faces if it was up to us and our useless human strength (arm of flesh) to remain standing if Satan came to sift like wheat. But like Peter before he denied Christ, many boast in their strength to overcome sin and do the right thing because God's restraining hand has not allowed them to get tempted beyond what they can bear (1 Corinthians 10:11-13)

The arm of flesh (human strength/effort at being godly aka be like God) will fail. If it were not for God's mercy, all of mankind would crumple into the sins-ridden mass of flesh that man is of himself when Satan comes a-sifting.

When the scales of Satan's grip falls from the eyes of many, they realise their sin and are remorseful. No matter how it got to go astray, whether like Peter who thought he would never do something like that or like Judas whom Satan entered, what the lost sheep who are living in sin/under the accusation and the guilt of sins need is not more rules and regulations about abstinence from sins and being godly by human strength aka keeping the letter (law) that kills. What the helpless sinner needs is super(hyper)-abounding Grace: Jesus Christ the Good Shepherd and Saviour who saves from sins.

God sent Jesus Christ to save us from our sins. But like Eve who tried to be godly (be like God) by using her human strength, some people deceive themselves by believing that they can do the right thing (keep the law and be sinless in order to be good like God) by their human strength (arm of flesh.) Also like Peter who boasted and knew 100% that he would not deny Christ but fell flat on his face three times, some think that some sins are beneath them. Believer, let's not be found here. Many have no idea that the reason why we are not mass murderers is because God did not allow Satan to load us with a trial that we cannot handle. We all need God's saving Grace 100% in every facet of life.

Being in Christ without living in triumph over sin and death is much more impossible than being submerged under water naked without getting wet. Godliness, every fruit of the Spirit and right living is the "wet." In Christ, we are not under Law but under Grace-

"For sin shall not have dominion over you for you are not under law but under grace." Romans 6:14.

This verse is the message of the cross; Christ's message. But many preach it backwards and say that sin will have dominion over you if you follow Grace or that Grace children just want to wallow in sin. There is a reason for this foolish and antichrist talk as we see in 1 Corinthians 1:18-

"For the message of the cross is foolishness [absurd and illogical] to those who are perishing and spiritually dead [because they reject it], but to us who are being saved [by God’s grace] it is [the manifestation of] the power of God."

The message of the cross is all about salvation by God's Grace (undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour,) including salvation from sins and every curse. Beloved of God, God's Grace is a Person. His name is Jesus Christ. Titus 2:11 says of Him:

"God’s marvelous grace has manifested in person, bringing salvation for everyone."

Verse 14 of the same Titus 2 says: "He gave His life to free us from every kind of sin, to cleanse us, and to make us His very own people, totally committed to doing good deeds."

How can one continue to live in sin when he has Christ (God's Grace) who came to free us from every kind of sin, no matter how vile, as his Saviour? Only antichrists preach that Grace (Christ Himself!) will cause people to sin.

How can God who sent His own beloved Son to save us from our sins sanction living in sin? This is as ridiculous as going to a hospital treat cancer and then the Physician in charge of your well-being (who happens to be your Father that would give his life for you in a heartbeat) allows you to ingest and wallow in more carcinogens (sin) so that the penalty of your wallowing (death) can follow. Let's take our blessed brains to church. Not every gathering in God's name is the “assembly of the brethren.”

Christ is Saviour. He saves from the cancer of sin and the death that follows. For all who believe in Jesus Christ, God the Righteous Judge sees us as righteous, "even though we are guilty of many sins"- Romans 5:16-

"And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins.”

It is because of those sins that He came to die- to save us from them all. So how on earth can a believer continue to wallow in sin? Any churchgoer with this false reasoning simply does not believe in Jesus Christ - that He saves from sins. Beloved of God, beware of “spiritual wickedness in high places” pastors whose trade is describing the truth of Grace (God's word!) as “blasphemy”/“license to sin.” Such point out sin and ungodliness in man and then promote the attainment of righteousness/godliness (be like God) by human effort aka the arm of flesh. This is the same seemingly good but deathly false doctrine that Satan used to deceive Eve in Eden. It is the way that seems right to a man but its end is the way of death. It is the broad road that leads to destruction.

We often forget that people on the broad road want to enter the realm of heaven's kingdom. They're not people who do not care about God or where they will spend eternity. Just like the people that Christ was addressing as He taught the Sermon on the Mount where the reference is from, they go to church to hear the Word. They're just on the wrong path- they look to their own strength and will-power (arm of flesh) to obey the law in order to be sin-free, right with God and have eternal life and thus have been cut off from Christ (Galatians 5:4.)

Peddlers of this false doctrine that equates righteousness in Christ with license to sin never point you to Jesus Christ the Tree of Life who gave His life to make us godly/righteous in God's sight (Romans 5:9) and to free us from every kind of sin (Titus 2:14) They preach that God's abundance of Grace and His gift of righteousness to us in Christ are license to sin. But God's word says differently. His word says receiving His abundance of Grace and His gift of Righteousness to us in Christ is the Way to live in triumph over sin and death:

"And the result of God’s gracious gift is very different from the result of that one man’s sin. For Adam’s sin led to condemnation, but God’s free gift leads to our being made right with God, even though we are guilty of many sins. 17 For the sin of this one man, Adam, caused death to rule over many. But even greater is God’s wonderful grace and His gift of righteousness, for all who receive it will live in triumph over sin and death through this one Man, Jesus Christ." Romans 5:16-17.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:00pm On Sep 21, 2019
Chinachriss:
It's very saddening that most people that commented above didn't understand or even read what the op posted.

OP, stop preaching heresy. You were just beating about the bush. You couldn't even explicitly defend your tosh teaching.

You can not be in Christ and continue sinning. That's the truth. You are telling people to just be complacent and continue their lives cos Jesus will pardon their weakness. Like seriously?

Examine all those that followed Jesus or came in contact with Jesus, there was a huge difference. They did not return to their former lifestyle.

Jesus said if you love me, keep my commandments. It's not any hu!an effort but by the action of the holy spirit of God dwelling in us, we shun sin.

If you like, keep on living in sin and claiming you believe in Jesus. E go clear you for eyes when you will miss the rapture.
Seconded !
I don't just get how people that claim to be saved & sanctified will still feel it's normal to sin & God will overlook your sins .
Devilish doctrine !
Eternal security is the most devilish doctrine in the Christendom !
Ezekiel 3:20 made it very clear that any righteous man that continue in sins,and don't seek the face of God or turn from his/her iniquities,she/her is damned ,even after knowing the gospel of light.
So also many Bible verses emphasised the importance of continue fellowship with God & disgust for sins by a sincerely saved & sanctified believer.
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 21, 2019
alBHAGDADI:
You are the bloody heretic who needs to be rebuked tonight.

You clearly did not read the OP before jumping in with your lies from the pit of hell. Do you really believe you can live without sin? I don't know you from Adam but I can bet that you have sinned this month without even knowing. This makes you a candidate of hell fire. Let me show you.

Do you have a vehicle or you take public transportation?
Do you buy gala and bottled water in traffic?
Do you throw the emptied bottled out of the vehicle?

I believe your answers are YES.

Do you know that the plastic bottle blocks drainages there leading to flood that destroys lives and properties? Your action has rendered many homeless and dead. Yet you keep on living without knowing you have sinned until you end up in hell fire. Can you see that you cannot escape sin by yourself?

You need to believe in Jesus as the only one to save you from sin. Once you do that, you can never miss heaven. Yes, you might sin once in a while but those sins can't prevent you from heaven. because you are saved already.
You're the bloody heretic here !
What's the essence of sanctification in a believer's life after salvation if sinning won't be a hindrance to entering the kingdom of God ?

What's the essence of the Holy spirit that guides ,directs & dwells on a sanctified believer is sinning is normal before God after you're saved ?

God eyes can never behold iniquities,not even from the greatest saints & preachers since the creation of the universe .
God is no respecter of man,the very soul that sin shall die !
Ezekiel 3:20 is what I will leave you with ,you heretic !
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Nobody: 1:14pm On Sep 21, 2019
Sleekfingers:
Jesus this, Jesus that...when will some brainless Nigerians get brain...

Clowns everywhere
You that got brain,can you just list your achievement on the growth & development of Nigeria so far ?
Nigeria as a whole is even too big,in your community, what breakthrough have you made ,since you got brains ?

I am very much interested in your discovery (ies),since you got a brain!
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 8:12am On Sep 22, 2019
NewsOnline:
God bless you Jigazz. I pray that you experience more of God's saving Grace (undeserved, unearned, unmerited favour) as you continue to not be ashamed of the gospel of Christ. Paul who wrote that he was not ashamed of the gospel and whose writing many commentators are twisting here as they are twisting yours was also falsely accused of preaching that it is okay to sin because of Grace. Be happy. You are in good company. Blessed are you when you are persecuted for Christ's sake.

Many people interpret not being ashamed of the gospel of Christ as being bold enough to preach inside bus but even Satan can preach inside bus as he is doing with your accusers here and even behind church pulpits. Satan's doctrine is no different from the one with which he used to deceive Eve in Eden: that you can be godly (be like God) by human striving at doing something (keeping the law which gives the knowledge of good and evil.) If you look carefully, this is the same doctrine that those who claim to be for Christ but are opposing the truth that you posted are believing. They think that they can achieve a smidgen of good (godliness) by their human effort (arm of flesh) at obeying the letter that kills! They are like Peter who implied that Christ was wrong when Christ told him about his then upcoming denials, so confident in their ability to keep the law and live a godly life (be like God.)They look at some sins and like Peter did, think along the lines of "I can never do that." They pride themselves in their ability to obey the law that God's word says condemns all who try! Like Peter did before his eyes were opened to his utter need for God's saving Grace, they imply that God's word must be wrong when He says the arm of flesh will fail. They are yet to see how lacking in humility they are with their pride in the arm of flesh to obey the law and cannot see their utter need for Christ's salvation from sin and death! Believer, let's not be found trusting in the arm of flesh to make us righteous like God when Christ died for this same purpose.

A common refrain of even some churchgoers to the truth of God's Grace is:

Beloved of God, how can these two things - being saved from sins/put together by Christ and continuing to live in sin - how can they co-exist? How can the blind receive sight from Christ and continue to be blind? Believers, run from any pastor that posits this kind of horrid antichrist argument that says that righteousness in Christ is licence to commit sin. What a horrid antichrist doctrine it is. Let's take our blessed brains to church: Titus 2:14 tells us what Christ came to do:

Believe Right and you will Live Right.
Wow!! This is a detailed explanation and nothing but the whole truth!! Thank you so much my brother..
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 11:24pm On Apr 25, 2021
Lord Jesus
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 6:35am On Apr 26, 2021
Morning
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 12:46pm On Apr 26, 2021
Great
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by Clementoons: 3:15pm On Apr 26, 2021
You need to know him first through salvation because you can't jump into conclusion , reason because, you can't say that i believe in him and then you have sins within you, it is just as if you have a needle in your eyes and then you sees one of your friend having a pin in his own eyes, firstly remove your needle in your eyes before you can access that of your friend.
So therefore, you ought to know JESUS at salvation and then start believing for you to know him better after that you need to have geniuene trust in him and his word. Above all, to enjoy his fulness of his gracious blessing and his manifestation of his unfailing promises , plus a smooth relationship with him, you need to trust and obey his commandments and tell others about him. Shalom
Re: What Does It Mean To Believe On The Lord Jesus Christ? - Olamide Obire by jiggaz(m): 9:33am On Dec 27, 2021
Lord Jesus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Dr Sign Fireman : "get Money" Anointing / Eating Amala, Is This Biblical? / Adeseye Senfuye's Church Begins Special Empowerment For Ogun Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 182
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.