Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,387 members, 7,781,108 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 09:05 AM

Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? - Art, Graphics & Video - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? (24597 Views)

I Designed This With My Lumia 520--not Photoshop Or Corel!!!! / Photoshop And Corel Draw Tutorials Class / If You Want To Learn Photoshop Or Corel Draw Please Indicate. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 12:51am On Jan 06, 2006
Can anybody tell me which one is better out of this two graphics packages, i am used to corel photo paint and i can do and undo on it, i have adobe photoshop also but i dont use it that much. Some people are saying adobe photoshop is the best but i dont really know what is special about it cos i have it and i dont know the difference, infact i prefer corel photo paint 100%.
If anybody knows about graphics, you can participate in this thread
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by hotangel2(f): 3:47am On Jan 06, 2006
I hear more about Adobe Photoshop. I have never heard about the "corel photo shop".

Well, KC uses one for all her graphics and those designs she does.. And i also downloaded the same one. It's Jasc Paint Shop Pro. Don't know if that'll be helpful tho. (depends on wat u wanna do).
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 3:50am On Jan 06, 2006
I dont think you know about graphics hot-angel, i want people who know corel photopaint and adobe photoshop, so that they can compare and contrast.
If i show you works i have done with corel, you will know corel photo paint is sick
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by hotangel2(f): 3:51am On Jan 06, 2006
That's why i said i dunno if wat i said would be helpful.. Apparently.. it isnt. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 6:53am On Jan 06, 2006
i make graphics but i don't use those two , i use Paint Shop Pro , but i'm going to try the corel soon ... let me see your graphics.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 7:12am On Jan 06, 2006
I don't have a solid designs on my system now, but i will make one and show you guys, i know of paint shop too and i have used it b4 but i still believe in Corel Photo paint, maybe because i am addicted to it.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 7:25am On Jan 06, 2006
Okayyy , you can go to my post , Seun's Christmas Gift from me , under Chatterbox i have some of my graphics on there
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 7:49am On Jan 06, 2006
I saw it, a good work. You need to go and get corel photo paint, though, it is not easy to use. All is fine, if you know how to work on a package, go for it and get the best out of it
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 8:15am On Jan 06, 2006
Thanks , and where did you Download it at , im sure i should be able to figure it out myself , like i did on PSP. wink
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 8:18am On Jan 06, 2006
you can go to www.corel.com to get more info,you can just download the trial version of version 12. If you downlaod it, you will have more package that comes with like corel draw12, corel trace, corel RAVE etc
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by hotangel2(f): 8:19am On Jan 06, 2006
I guess y'all are speaking in languages u now understand. cheesy KC... glitter tag?
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 06, 2006
is it free?

hot-angel i dont know you , dont tlk to me ever again , youve made me mad.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by hotangel2(f): 8:20am On Jan 06, 2006
cry
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 8:28am On Jan 06, 2006
you can download the trial version for 30days
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 06, 2006
i see , ill download it when i go to bed , thanks
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Chxta(m): 9:06am On Jan 06, 2006
Nice review of both here.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by nferyn(m): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2006
Feature wise both will do
colour accuracy over different products and output formats: choose Photoshop
Price: Photo Paint
Standard in the Graphics industry: Photoshop
UI: Photoshop
Leaning cureve: don't know, guess Photo Paint is easier to start with
Productivity: Photoshop (scriptable, extensible to the extreme)

Caution: This applies to Photoshop 6 and PhotoPaint at that time, haven't really worked extensively with the newer versions)
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 3:08am On Jan 07, 2006
Though this one was prepared in corel draw but i it's still ok for you to have an idea of how it works. corel draw is just a vector package while corel photo paint is a bitmap/picture package. I would have uploaded some that i did on photopaint but there are for commercial purposes and some are pictures of some people also which i cant reveal until i get permission

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by charlisco(m): 4:46pm On Jan 09, 2006
It is great to hear u guys here using photopaint, i just taught that it is out of place when it come to the use of graphic application. In my own part, i donot see much difference between photoshop and photopaint apart from the tubes effect that photoshop has, i have used photopaint more than photoshop. Photoshop is too tedious (difficult) to start up with, when you want to give an effect to an image you have to click so many menus.
To me i prefer using photopaint it is very friendly, i can used it to manupulate/edit images even to the extent of forging of result, sorry for saying that, but just telling you how easy i worked with it than photopshop.

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Chxta(m): 6:59pm On Jan 09, 2006
Photoshop at the end of the day
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by 2nde(m): 3:29pm On Jan 10, 2006
@ charlisto: yeah, you are correct, i have used it to forge many things, i know i am a bad guy in that but i am now born again
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by charlisco(m): 12:26pm On Jan 16, 2006
who is interested in learning photopaint should mail me i will send him/her a big supprise,"ebook-tutorial" I am doing this 4 just for photopaint loving fans
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Seye(m): 5:28pm On Jan 17, 2006
I have been privledge to use both and I can say it anywhere that Adobe Photoshop is better. Im saying this because i do a lot of print designs. Corel photopaint is a quick way out when you are working on Corel draw but it doesnt present the colours right. Try and do a project on Photopaint and do a similar project on Photoshop then print and compare which is sharper and which represent the colours the way you want it.

I also find Photoshop tools very easy when you need to do some Photo manipulations. Its simply superb.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Maxflame(m): 12:51am On Feb 13, 2006
They can't be compared at all. Photoshop is the industry preffered design tool and the only corel product compared to it is corel painter X. Check this link out for cool artwork www.cgtalk.com
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by grafikdon: 8:11pm On May 29, 2007
Very easy. . . ADOBE PHOTOSHOP.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by gdi(m): 10:22am On Jun 01, 2007
simple, Photoshop is far better than corel "anything". I have used corel products for about 5yrs and photoshop too, so i know they can't be compared. just sit with photoshop, determined to get the best out of it, and you will find its easier to learn and use. wink

1 Like

Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by gidig(m): 2:28pm On Jun 01, 2007
I think it is all a question of perspective. I have just finished a project using Corel draw. Photoshop seem to be the industry standard. It has been my experieance that if you are going to be working on images mainly, it is advisable you go on photoshop amd them try tp bring your image back to Corel if possible.

Also, much of what you do relies on other industry related tools like a pantone caliberator or similar tools if you will be working on prints. Colours, as they appear on the monitor-even using photoshop- can be very deceptive.A good print colur value guide will help solve that problem.

Photoshop is too techie and predetermined for the users. Corel more or less allows you to use your initiative. If you are more techie than creative, you will complain about the lack of extreme details that corel has in comparison with Photoshop. In the end however, it is your creativity that counts and not the software. I see these packages as canvas-you are the one who has to do the painting. This is where photoshop advocates miss it;they spend ages on the 'effects' that photoshop has and forget that it is the concept that drives design not the other way round.

summary: Will go for photoshop anyday. But if you are good in Corel, you can export your images to photoishop for treatment. As per clarity of print, get a good guide and check your colours values per CMYK.Just many routes to the same destination.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Rodent: 3:51pm On Jun 01, 2007
Photoshop is the industry standard,
it might not matter that much in NG where more or less anything goes, however one would be kidding themselves if they wanted to work in the graphics sector in the states, UK or europe without Photoshop skills. It just wont happen,
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by gidig(m): 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2007
@Rodent,

I totally agree with you and as you must have seen in my post, Photoshop is it but  we must not reduce these softwares to football teams we support. In the end -and this is my point- it is how they are used to achieve design or creative purposes that matter. I  know people who are so creative they'd shock you with what they can do with even the most unimaginative of software. Yes, photoshop is the global standard but in every of those design agency-and Nigeria agencies are affiliated to quite a few- the end is the creative productivity. No software will solve and idea or creative problem.

I personally use photoshop for images and colour when necessary but no client or colleague has ever questioned my creativity, which really is the crux of the matter and the only reason why clients are satisfied!
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by Rodent: 6:24pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ gidig
well spoken, tis not the software that maketh the man but the creativity within,
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by richylaw(m): 5:42pm On Jun 05, 2007
Of course the answer is straight forward. ADOBE PHOTOSHOP.
Photopaint is okay and has absolutely close functions to photoshop, but due to the more acceptance of photoshop in the industry it tends to have more add-ons and plug ins, thereby getting more attention and development. It's durability to flow along with its production mates , the likes of illustrator or more complex after effects,premier and indesign makes it a base tool to actualise flawless graphics for the web, special effects production etc and even fake three dimensional images.
Re: Adobe Photoshop Or Corel Photo Paint, Which One Is Better? by charlisco(m): 11:44am On Jun 17, 2007
Is this topic still alive, I vote for photo paint, its part of me,
but, it seems that not everybody really knows if photopaint is even in their system, as long as you hve coreldraw installed in ur system, corelphotopaint is already there,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Etuk Unyime Draws Udom Emmanuel With Made In Akwa Ibom Pencil / Please Rate My Recent Business Card Design / 5 Guys Take Same Picture For 30years.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.