Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,741 members, 7,806,020 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God (6060 Views)

Why Did Christ Teachings Emphasize Works Of Righteousness And Not Grace? / Difference Between Righteousness And Holiness / What Does Bible Mean By "The Righteousness That Exceeds That Of The Pharisees?" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:38pm On Nov 19, 2018
The only way in which the just can live is to believe in God, namely, to accept the remission of sins and blessings, which God has given us. We can be sanctified and remain righteous, while eternally depending on His righteousness, which we received from God, and live eternal lives by our faiths in Him. Our lives depend on the faith in God. So the Bible says that the just shall live by faith.

We are sanctified by faith and maintain God’s righteousness by having faith and living by it. Even though the flesh is not righteous, it is foolish to try to be sanctified incrementally because it is impossible. We can live only when we receive God’s aid by believing Him to be our God, our Lord, and our Shepherd. So the Apostle Paul says, “The just shall live by faith,’ quoting it from Habakkuk of the Old Testament. He also says, “For in it (the gospel) is the righteousness of God revealed.”

What is the righteousness of God? Is it the same as the righteousness of human beings? Does reducing sins little by little sanctify us? Are we perfect because we don’t sin anymore after believing in Jesus or by having faith? Only in the gospel, the righteousness of God is revealed and it only sanctifies us perfectly through the remission of sins because we can never be righteous with the flesh.

“For in it is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith.” This means that we become righteous only by faith. The just live by having faith in God after becoming righteous. The just become righteous, maintaining God’s righteousness and receiving all His blessings through faith.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:53pm On Nov 20, 2018
We must live by faith

To live by faith is like that. A human being’s will crumbles more easily than a sandcastle, no matter how strong it may be. He/she would say, “I will do this and that, Lord.” However, the flesh cannot do it. We live by faith in the Lord and the word of the redemption from sin and the law, after receiving the remission of sins. Does the flesh change to be good-natured, tall and smart if we lead lives of faith for a long time? Never. So, to live by faith is to absolutely believe in God.

We become righteous by having absolute faith in the gospel and live by receiving all of God’s blessings through our faiths in Him. The just shall live by faith. That is, we live by our faith in God. Do you believe this? ─Yes.─ Do you happen to have too many expectations from your flesh? Do you think, ‘I expect only about 20%, my flesh is still good in this part, though my flesh is not right in other parts’? However, the Bible says that the just shall live by faith. God says that one cannot live by the flesh; not even 0.1%. Do you have a mind to keep the faith until the Lord comes again by not sinning, and by having an expectation of the flesh even a little bit?

We are righteous by the faith in Jesus, in spite of how many sins we may have committed. We are sinners in the flesh no matter how good we may be, if we don’t believe in Jesus. We become sanctified when we believe in Jesus 100%, but we become sinners when we don’t believe in Him 100%. Is God pleased no matter how fewer sins we may commit? Does it please God if we are righteous through the flesh?
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by live4dgospel(m): 5:42pm On Nov 21, 2018
The Righteousness of God, the Fulfillment of the Righteous Requirement of the Law
http://www.bjnewlife.org/english/bstudy/sermons_126_romans.php

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:25pm On Nov 24, 2018
THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD MADE US RIGHTEOUS

Let’s see Roman 3:1-8. “What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: ‘That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You are judged.’ But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? And why not say, ‘Let us do evil that good may come? as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just” (Romans 3:1-8 ).
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:06pm On Nov 27, 2018
The Apostle Paul said, “But if our unrighteousness demonstrate the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unrighteous who inflicts wrath?” Is God unrighteous and
wrong if He saves a human being whose flesh sins until he/she dies with His grace?

What the Apostle Paul asked in return to those who had brought him into ridicule means, “The more our weakness become manifested, the greater the righteousness of God that saves us form all our sins will be.” The Apostle Paul speaks to those who wonder how a human being who sins throughout his/her life can become sanctified. He says that human weakness is to reveal the righteousness of God.

Human beings, whose flesh cannot help but to sin until their dying breaths, demonstrate the greatness of God’s righteousness through their weakness. God’s righteousness means nothing if one can be righteous with his/her own efforts along with His righteousness; if one can be saved 97% by God’s help and by 3% of his/her own efforts. Paul says that God alone perfectly saved those who continue sinning until death through Jesus. So, our unrighteousness reveals the riches of God’s righteousness. The flesh cannot help sinning everyday until it dies; it is not able to be perfect for even a day.

The fact that Jesus perfectly saved these imperfect sinners from their sins reveals the righteousness of God much more. So, the Apostle Paul says, “And why not say, ‘Let us do evil that good may come’?─as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just” (Romans 3:8 ). Can we become righteous by the flesh?

Can our flesh become perfect after receiving the forgiveness of sins? The flesh cannot. Can you and I, leaving all the other people of the world out of the question, become righteous by the flesh? ─No.─ But has the Lord perfectly saved us or not? ─Yes.─ The Lord has perfectly saved us from all our sins. Are we with sin if we believe in Jesus with our hearts? ─No.─ We have no sin however unrighteous we may be.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:55pm On Nov 29, 2018
The Lord said, “Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to you, do not swear at all: neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne; nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes,’ and your ‘No,’ ‘No.’ For whatever is more than these is from the evil one” (Matthew 5:33-37).

Swearing itself is a sin because you cannot keep what you swear. So neither swear nor take a pledge to do something later. Just believe in His words, and then you will live. You can become righteous if you believe in His righteousness and the Lord will help you if you believe in Him. There are so many illusions. We have the criterion of the flesh and judge according to it because we have flesh. Therefore, there is a judge within us who is not associated with the faith in God’s word. There are two judges within us. One is oneself and the other is Jesus. So both of them try to reign within us. We tend to make the laws of the flesh and judge with it because we have flesh. The flesh tells us, “You are good even if you continue to sin. I will approve you to be righteous even if your flesh is not 100% righteous.” The judge of the flesh always gives you good marks.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:50am On Dec 03, 2018
DEAR FRIENDS,

Due to book shortages, the NLM workers has been unable to distribute any book for few weeks, but the books are currently available. So if you desire to have a copy of the FREE gospel books sent to you, then simply send your details; NAME, NUMBER AND ADDRESS TO 08135683431. The books are usually sent through post office or transport services and when it arrives to your location, the workers will call you to come and collect it. YOU ARE NOT TO PAY A DIME TO ANYONE AT ALL. Both the books and delivery are done absolutely FREE of charge.

MAY GOD BLESS US ALL.

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 11:11pm On Dec 03, 2018
However, the judge of God’s righteousness requires us to be100% sinless. He is holy. We can become righteous only by receiving the remission of sins by faith. Therefore, believers in His TRUE gospel have already reached God’s righteousness.

We have already become righteous. Those who believe in God really live. They are blessed with God’s help. The just shall live by faith. This means that unbelievers and those who live by the flesh cannot live. I’m telling you just a small part of the big picture. I am repeatedly telling you and explaining the meaning in detail, just as we boil bones over and over again until the soup turns white.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:07pm On Dec 07, 2018
We need faith

It is important to know the Bible, but how much we believe in it is more important. Some people only believe in God’s Creation in the Scriptures. Some people believe both that God created the heavens and the earth and that Jesus only washed away original sin. They believe that their daily sins should be washed away everyday. They make their own judgments according to the law of the flesh. How much do we believe? The just shall live by faith. To become righteous and to live can be possible only by faith.

From the beginning to the end, we need faith in God. So how much do you believe? Do you happen to measure yourself as you please, captured in carnal thoughts, thinking, ‘I am quite alright, my flesh is good’ or ‘I’m too weak to believe in God’? Do you happen to score yourself, giving yourself 80% today and 95% the next day, but only 5% on certain days, thinking, ‘It would have been better if I had not been born.’ Do you think like that? ─Yes.─ So do I.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 6:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
I am seriously like that sometimes. Even when I am relieving myself, I think, “It would have been better if I had not believed in the Lord and known Him. It seems to get harder to lead a devout life by faith. It has been terrible up until now. I am in a dilemma to see the future and to recollect the past. I am praiseworthy to have led a life of faith somehow until now. But I will not be able to walk with You well from now on, Lord. How sensitive to sin I became since I’ve known You. Many thoughts and criterions have come out of me since I’ve known You. I have barely followed you, Lord, not exactly knowing You. But now, I have no self-confidence to follow You anymore. Why? Because I know God is holy and perfect. Ah! Lord, I can’t follow you anymore. I have no confidence.”

Therefore, God tells us to live by faith because He knows us well. He says, “You must MAINTAIN BEING RIGHTEOUS and remain blessed by FAITH. All your sins were passed onto Jesus Christ through His BAPTISM. You always sin when I reflect your flesh on the law. So admit that you cannot help sinning. Did your Savior take away all your sins or not? ─Yes, He did.─ Were all your sins passed onto your Savior or not? ─Yes.─ Then do you have sin or not? ─No.─ Did the Lord save you or not? ─Yes.─ Then cloudy and dark days will turn into sunny day like the words in the hymn: “There’s Sunshine in My Soul Today.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:13pm On Dec 17, 2018
WE CAN ’T BECOME SINNERS AGAIN

It may be hopeless when we think of the future, but it’s sunny and bright when we look at the Lord with faith. Therefore, God says that the just shall live by faith. Do you believe this? ─Yes.─ We are saved by faith and also live by it.

Who do we believe in? We live by believing in God. Only the just can live by faith. Do you believe that? ─Yes.─ Can you maintain God’s righteousness by training the flesh well? ─No.─ Does the righteousness of God become invalid when the flesh does evil? Do we become sinners again? ─No.─

The Apostle Paul said in Galatians 2:18, “For if I build again those things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor.” A person who believes that all his/her sins were transferred to Jesus Christ through baptism and that He was judged on the Cross for him/her can never become a sinner again. A person who does not deny Jesus becomes sanctified at once and sinless because all his/her sins were passed onto Him and he/she can never be a sinner again. Have you got it? ─Yes.─ God, who saved us, is always our Lord and our Father. God always helps us and is with us to the end of the world. That is the reason He says, “Live by faith. I will help you if you believe in Me. Angels will serve you, who are born again.” Angels are the servants between God and us. They tell the Lord everything about us. God made us His children. We were sinners by nature. We can never become righteous by the deeds of the flesh, but we have become righteous by FAITH.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 11:22am On Dec 19, 2018
Only the just live by faith. The word ‘ONLY ’ means that nobody EXCEPT the just can live by faith. Then, what about sinners? Sinners cannot live by faith. Do you live by faith now? We must live by faith. It takes a long time to learn true faith. What we must realize is that we live when we believe in God and die when we don’t believe in God. We must realize that it is the fate of the just to live by faith.

Birds have wings, but if they don’t use them, they will be caught and killed by beasts that roam the earth. Therefore, the just are destined to live by faith. God has fated the just to live by faith. If they fail to live by faith, their spirits will die.

The life of a Christian and the true path begins with faith. How are the just able to readjust into society after being born again of water and the Spirit? We must know that the only way is for us to live by faith. Do you understand? It’s life to the just. Without faith, we die and have no power to cope with hardships. If a person, who neither lives by faith nor uses faith, undergoes hardships, then he/she will die in the end.

When one has faith in God and confesses, “Lord, I believe in You,” then one can live, even if he/she is incompetent and weak. He/she can live because of the faith in God. God helps the person and works as much as he/she believes in Him.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:23pm On Dec 22, 2018
SALVATION FROM SINS ONLY BY FAITH

< Romans 3:1-8 >
“What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much in every way! Chiefly because to them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not! Indeed, let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: ‘That You may be justified in Your words, And may overcome when You are judged.’ But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say? Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not! For then how will God judge the world? For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? And why not say, ‘Let us do evil that good may come’?─as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just.

1 Like

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 12:00pm On Dec 24, 2018
Romans 3:9-20

What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. As it is written: ‘There is none righteous, no, not one; There is none who understands; There is none who seeks after God. They have all turned aside; They have together become unprofitable; There is none who does good, no, not one. Their throat is an open tomb; With their tongues they have practiced deceit; The poison of asps is under their lips; Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness. Their feet are swift to shed blood;

Destruction and misery are in their ways; And the way of peace they have not known. THERE is NO FEAR of GOD BEFORE THEIR EYES.’ Now we know that whatever the law says, it says to those who are under the law, that every mouth may be stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God. THEREFORE BY THE DEEDS OF THE LAW NO FLESH WILL BE JUSTIFIED in HIS SIGHT, for by the law is the knowledge of sin.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2018
Romans 3: 21-31

But now the righteousness of God apart from the law is revealed, being witnessed by the Law and the Prophets, even the righteousness of God, through faith in Jesus Christ, to all and on all who believe. For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had PASSED OVER the sins that were previously committed, to demonstrate at the present time His righteousness, that He might be just and the justifier of the one who has FAITH in Jesus.

Where is BOASTING then? It is EXCLUDED. By what law? Of works? No, but by the LAW of FAITH. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith apart from the deeds of the law. Or is He the God of the Jews only? Is He not also the God of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also, since there is one God who will justify the circumcised by faith and the uncircumcised through faith. Do we then make void the law through faith? Certainly not! On the contrary, we establish the law.”

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2018
People’s unbelief cannot make the salvation of God without effect .

The Apostle Paul says that the fulfillment of the law and the redemption of God’s grace are not given to us through our deeds, but through FAITH. We are saved from our sins and become righteous through the salvation of God. “What advantage then has the Jew, or what is the profit of circumcision? Much every way! Chiefly to them were committed the oracles of God. For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not!” (Romans 3:1-4)

The advantage of the Jew is that the word of God was committed to them. They lived while hearing His word from their ancestors. Because God committed them His word and it was handed down through them, they thought they were better than the Gentiles. However, the Bible says that God deserted the Jews because they did not believe Jesus who had delivered them from their sins.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 6:45pm On Dec 30, 2018
Paul says, “For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not!” People’s unbelief can’t make the salvation of God without effect. “The faithfulness of God” means “the sincerity of God.” He means that God’s sincerity and the salvation from sins cannot become invalid even though Jews do not believe it. The word of God’s promise that He saves whoever believes is not canceled even if they may not believe it. The Gentiles will believe if the Jews do not believe.

God says that whoever believes will be saved from sins. Therefore, God deserted the Jews because they did not believe that the word of truth was accomplished according to God’s promise, even if God committed them His word.

The Apostle Paul’s assertion is as follows: God gave the gift of salvation to all humanities. God says that He promised it in the Old Testament and accomplished it by sending Jesus Christ, His only begotten Son, to the world. Some people believe the gospel of God, but others don’t. So, whoever believes is blessed of being God’s child, just as He promised. And the blessings of God are not canceled out no matter how many people do not believe.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 7:58pm On Dec 31, 2018
Whoever believes the truth can receive His great love

Whoever hears the word of truth and believes in it can receive God’s great love, but unbelievers claim that God is a liar. In fact, God accomplished His promise, yet unbelievers are excluded from God’s salvation because they do not believe in the GRACE of the remission of sins. Paul says, “Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect? Certainly not!” God promised once and faithfully gave the gift of His salvation and glory to all people. What does the Bible say the gift of God is?

The Bible says that God, the Father, sent His beloved Son and gave the grace to become His children to those who believe in the remission of sins through His Son. Even before the foundation of the world, He planed that He would give all human beings the glory of becoming His children and the salvation from sin through His righteousness. And He fulfilled this faithfully. Therefore, believers are blessed according to God’s word, but unbelievers are judged according to it. It is very proper for unbelievers to go to hell.

God established a law so that we can be saved by the faith in His Word. He also says that the faithfulness of God will never be without effect, even though people do not believe. We are blessed by accepting the faithfulness of God’s salvation. God says, “Let God be true but every man a liar. As it is written: ‘That You may be justified in Your words, and may overcome when You are judged’” (Romans 3:4).
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:15pm On Jan 03, 2019
WE ARE SAVED BY THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD

The Apostle Paul says that human beings cannot be righteous and are caught in the snare of sins. The Lord saved such sinners from their sins and loved them. We are in need of His perfect love because we cannot avoid sinning everyday. We were saved only by Jesus’ absolute love, His free grace, and the gift of salvation through Jesus Christ.

The Apostle Paul says that his being saved is owed to God’s righteousness. What God did to save all sinners from their sins shows His righteousness. Paul says that believing in the gospel saved him. The righteousness of God is revealed in the gospel of the water and the Spirit. Our salvation depends on the righteous act God had done for us.

Therefore, sinners are saved from all their sins by faith. Those who are not born again think that they should be good so that they may enter the Kingdom of Heaven. Paul does not mean that we may do evil things on purpose, but people wind up going to hell because they try to do good deeds without receiving the righteousness of God. They must repent to be converted and believe in the salvation God gave them in order to escape from going to hell.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:40pm On Jan 04, 2019
Who can do good deeds in front of God? There is none. Then how can a sinner be truly delivered from all his/her sins? He/she MUST CHANGE his/her OWN THOUGHTS. The Apostle Paul says that he was saved by faith. But what do people think? People think that they can be saved by doing good things. That’s why they cannot be delivered.

Those who are saved from their sins by believing in Jesus and have the perfect remission of sins, boast only of God’s righteousness and let it be exalted. However, those who are not born again, though they believe in Jesus, think that they can enter the Kingdom of Heaven by doing good deeds, and will go to hell if they don’t do good deeds. THEIR FAITHS ARE WRONG.

The faith of the Apostle Paul is the same as that of the born again. Those who are not born again, though they think they believe in Jesus, have wrong faiths because they try to add their deeds onto their faiths. We are not saved by adding our virtuous deeds onto our faiths, but by believing in the righteousness of God: the baptism of Jesus and His death on the Cross.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 12:24pm On Jan 07, 2019
THE RIGHTEOUS CANNOT SIN ON PURPOSE

“But if our unrighteousness demonstrates the righteousness of God, what shall we say?” The Bible says that our unrighteousness demonstrates only the righteousness of God and His love. The Bible also says, “For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner? And why not say, ‘Let us do evil that good may come’?─as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just” (Romans 3:7-8 ).

Unbelievers’ names are written in the Book of Judgment and they will be cast into the lake of fire. So, they must repent to be converted and believe the salvation accomplished by the water and the blood. The Apostle Paul says, “Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? (I speak as a man.) Certainly not.” People refute, saying, “Isn’t it unjust for God to inflict wrath on unbelievers and send them to hell just because they don’t believe that Jesus already saved them from their sins?” But Paul says, “Is God unjust who inflicts wrath? It is fair for unbelievers to go to hell because they don’t believe the truth. God is not unjust.” Romans 3:7 states, “For if the truth of God has increased through my lie to His glory, why am I also still judged as a sinner?”

Then people may say, “What? Will you sin on purpose because you have the remission of sins? You will lie more because you are saved by the righteousness of God. Will you sin more on purpose?” But the Bible says that they act in such ways with evil hearts, neither knowing God’s salvation nor believing in His love.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Therefore, Paul says that the truthfulness of God has abounded to His glory, owing to our sinfulness and lies. But people confuted against Paul with their own THOUGHTS, saying, “You may commit more sins if you believe that you are SAVED BY FAITH WITHOUT DEEDS.”

It is not true that people sin only by the will to sin. They cannot avoid sinning because they were born as sinners. It is natural for an apple tree to bring forth apples. The Bible says that it is also natural for a human being who is born sinful to continue sinning. The Lord saved such sinners with His righteousness, and they can be delivered only by accepting the salvation of the Lord. “And why not say, ‘Let us do evil that good may come’ ─as we are slanderously reported and as some affirm that we say. Their condemnation is just”(Romans 3:8 ). Those who are under the deception of false teachers while assuming they believe in Jesus think in this way.

The Epistle to Romans was written by the Apostle Paul about 2,000 years ago. Many people at that time thought this way, just as today’s unbelievers do. False believers think just as the unbelievers at the time of Paul did, saying, ‘Will you purposely sin more if you have the remission of sins, are sinless, and know that your future sins are forgiven?’ Unbelievers act according to the FAITHLESS THOUGHTS of the flesh. They cannot enter the truth of God’s salvation because of their false thoughts of the flesh.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 3:56pm On Jan 11, 2019
Of course, even the righteous still sin after they received the remission of sins, but there is a limit. The Bible says that sinners continue sinning because they don’t realize they are committing a sin and don’t know it to be a sin before they are born again of water and the Spirit. However, the Bible says that the righteous cannot sin recklessly because they are under God’s reign.

Some people told the Apostle Paul, “Don’t you do evil things so that good may come because God saved you from all your sins? You’d better do more evil deeds for the righteousness of God to be revealed more.” Paul says that their damnation is just. He means that it is right for them to be judged and go to hell. Why? Because they do not depend on faith, but on their deeds.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 10:55pm On Jan 16, 2019
THE RIGHTEOUSNESS OF GOD NEVER BECOMES INVALID

The Apostle Paul says, “For what if some did not believe? Will their unbelief make the faithfulness of God without effect?” Will their unbelief make the salvation of God without effect just because they don’t believe in God’s salvation? People are saved if they believe, but they lose the grace of the remission of sins if they don’t believe. The righteousness of God stands fast. Do you understand? Those who go to hell volunteer to go to hell because they chose not to believe.

The works of God and the grace of salvation from sin never become invalid. They stand fast. The salvation of the Lord has no relation with human efforts, based on the deeds of the law. It is in relation only to believers. Believers are saved according to God’s truth, but unbelievers will go to hell because they are not saved by rejecting His truth. God sent “a stumbling stone and a rock of offense” (Isaiah 8:14).

Whoever believes in Jesus is made righteous and has eternal life, however wicked he/she may be. Whoever doesn’t believe in Jesus will go to hell because of the wages of sin, however good he/she may be. Jesus is a stone of stumbling and a rock of offense to those who don’t believe in the forgiveness of sins.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:49pm On Jan 18, 2019
THERE IS NO RIGHTEOUS PERSON WHO HAS SIN

The Apostle Paul talks about the faith to salvation to those who pretend to be good, so people regard Romans as the word of God that tells about faith. Some people wonder about those who identify themselves as the righteous. In fact, those whose sins are forgiven by Jesus are RIGHTEOUS because all their sins are forgiven. “Jesus is faithful” means “He faithfully saved sinners from their sins.”

Some people say that they are ‘delivered’ sinners, but there cannot be such people before God. How can a person still be a sinner after he/she has been delivered from sin? We are saved if Jesus saved us and are sinners if Jesus did not save us. There is no “MIDDLE ” in salvation. Is there a righteous person who has sin? There is no righteous person who has sin. The person is a sinner if he/she has sin, but righteous and sinless if he/she believes in Jesus. How can we settle the problem of daily and future sins? People think that they are inevitable sinners because they sin everyday and will sin until they die. However, we are made RIGHTEOUS by BELIEVING in the GOSPEL that says Jesus took away the sins of the world, including future sins, at the Jordan River and was crucified. “A righteous person who has sin” does not make any sense.

Is it reasonable to think that a person is still in debt though he/she already paid his/her debts? Let’s suppose that there once was a man who had a lot of money, but his son fell into a bad habit of buying candies on credit at all the stores of the town everyday as he grew up. However, his rich father had paid enough money that exceeded his son’s life long debts to every store in advance, he could never be a debtor even though he enjoyed eating candies everyday without paying money until he die.

The Lord saved us with the righteousness of taking our sins onto Him once and for all in the Jordan River. He perfectly saved all of us. Therefore, we can never become sinners again, however weak we may be. God says that we are made righteous if we don’t deny what He did.

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2019
People can neither believe the gospel nor be born again with carnal minds Christians who identify themselves as ‘DELIVERED ’ SINNERS think with carnal minds. To be spiritually minded is to believe in God’s word. The carnal mind is a human mind. It’s HUMAN WISDOM. The flesh cannot help sinning, but we can become righteous by believing in the baptism and the Cross of Jesus. The Bible says that we can never become righteous and sanctified by trying not to sin.

Can one enter the Kingdom of Heaven by becoming a holy person who never sins again after believing in Jesus? Or is it possible only by the salvation once for all? Are sinners actually made to be righteous by the grace of the remission of sins? It is impossible for you to be righteous with your carnal mind. The flesh never can become righteous. The flesh always wants something to eat whenever it feels hungry.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:51am On Jan 30, 2019
It is impossible for the flesh to be sanctified because the flesh has lusts and desires. Because of that, we are made righteous only by believing in the water and the blood of Jesus. Can we enter the Kingdom of Heaven by not sinning anymore and cleansing ourselves as pure as snow? It is prideful thinking for a human being, who has the lusts and passions of the flesh, to become sanctified by avoiding to sin. It is impossible.

People can neither believe in the gospel nor be born again because they think about faith with carnal minds. Jesus said, “That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit” (John 3:6). It is impossible to become righteous with a carnal mind. You may also think it is impossible because you will sin tomorrow, even though how thoroughly you repent and believe in Jesus until today. You may think, ‘How can I say I am without sin when I continue sinning even now?’ Is it possible for you to become righteous if you think carnally, as the flesh does? It is impossible to become sanctified with the flesh.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 11:13pm On Feb 03, 2019
HOWEVER, GOD CAN MAKE US RIGHTEOUS

However, God can perfectly save us even if a human being can’t. God can cleanse our consciences and make us confess that we are righteous and that He is our Father and our Savior. You have to know that faith begins from believing in the true word with your heart. It begins with the word of the truth. We are made righteous by believing in the true word with our hearts. We can never be made righteous by the deeds of the flesh.

However, those who are not born again cannot freethemselves from their own thoughts because they are locked in their thoughts. They can never say they are righteous because they think with carnal minds. On the contrary, faith by which we can say we are righteous begins with knowing the truth of God’s word. If you really want to be born again, you can surely be born again only by hearing the true word through a concretely born again person because the Spirit in the born again saint pleases to work with the truth and “searches all things, yes, the deep things of God” (1 Corinthians 2:10).

People can be born again when they hear the word of God through the righteous because the Spirit dwells within the righteous, who have been born again. I want you to bear it in mind. You have to meet the righteous, who are born again, if you want to receive the grace of being born again.

Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by theoriginalgood: 8:37am On Feb 06, 2019
orisa37:
Understand these Words. Righteousness of God is God Himself. Humans are not Righteous but made Selfish.

Humans are certainly not righteous at all. Why is it that all humans die someday? Even the Christians say “Jesus” died, but not: “God” died. In the Bible, Mark 10:18 says only God is truly good. I can believe this because all humans die and God does not. Humans are beings. God is a being. One dies, the other doesn’t. If you’re honest with yourself, you’ll know you’re not really a good being. Otherwise, you’ll never die. It’s undeniable. Then it should be no surprise to know that humanity is on the verge of extinction; there’s a war between Good and evil behind the scenes. Goodness should have just deleted evil at the beginning, but strangely, evil has enough power to prevent its immediate death. This is why humanity STILL exists today. But by definition, good is stronger than evil; Goodness will win the war and finally vanquish humanity after striking ENOUGH killer blows to evil.

Now, how come humans don’t exist in a perfect abode like what you could call Heaven? A place where there is only peace, one is always strong and healthy, no hatred, no dishonesty, no filth etc.

You are what you create! God is only good and thus cannot create anything that isn’t good. It is known that existence is full of many infirmities and rubbish. Who created those? Definitely not God! This therefore means that humans are actually all the sin, evil, bad, wrong, flaws etc in existence. Yes, there is a human out there who embodies bad breath, initials: BB = Barry Borden, who embodies body odor, initials: BO = Benjamin Oliver, who embodies weakness, initials: WN = Winifred Newton etc.

Good is stronger than evil, therefore God cannot be limited and is already omnipotent and omniscient. He can do absolutely anything good, but there is no such thing as purifying humanity. Making a change to a being means changing identity. Purging humanity would mean deleting the old identity of sin, and somehow creating a new one of purity. That deletion means death. They call it sinner, but that sinner is actually a sin itself!

The fact that humans die means humanity is not good. Accept it. Therefore there’s a higher power ensuring that existence will one day be purified. Too bad no one here will be there!
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:36am On Feb 08, 2019
Abraham begot Ishmael and Isaac. Ishmael was born of a bondwoman. Ishmael was already 14 years old when Isaac was born. Ishmael persecuted Isaac, who was born by a freewoman. Who actually had the right of succession? Isaac, who was born by the freewoman Sarah, had the right of succession. Isaac had the right of succession and was approved even though Ishmael was older and stronger in the flesh than Isaac was. Why? Isaac was born after the word of God.

Faith that is established by human thought is like a sandcastle. People can be born again only when they learn the truth of God’s word and believe it. “What then? Are we better than they? Not at all. For we have previously charged both Jews and Greeks that they are all under sin. As it is written: ‘There is none righteous, no, not one’” (Romans 3:9-10).

What do these passages mean? Do the passages indicate the state of human beings BEFORE being born again or AFTER being born again? We were all sinners before we were born again. “There is none righteous” was the state of human beings BEFORE Jesus blotted out all the sins of the world.
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 9:58am On Feb 12, 2019
One can never become sanctified without believing in Jesus. The word “gradual sanctification” came from idol worshippers of the heathen religions. The Bible says, “There is none righteous, no, not one.” How can one become sanctified by training oneself? A human being cannot become righteous by himself/herself. There is no one who will become righteous or who became righteous by oneself. There is no one who is sinless by his/her efforts. It is possible only by the FAITH in God’s word. The Bible says, “There is none who understands; there is none who seeks after God” (Romans 3:11).
Re: Human Righteousness And The Righteousness Of God by estheragha: 8:51am On Mar 20, 2019
They have all turned aside “They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable” (Romans 3:12). Is a human being useful in front of God? A human being is useless before God. All those who are not born again yet are useless in front of God.

Don’t they point fingers at heaven while fighting and cursing against God, resenting Him for not sending rain even thought they are all created by Him? “They have all turned aside; they have together become unprofitable,” said God. How can a person who has sin in his/her heart glorify God? How can sinners, who cannot settle their problems of sin, praise the Lord? How can a sinner praise the Lord? Sinners cannot give glory to God.

Praise ministry prevails these days. Sinners used to write the lyrics to gospel songs, quoting the Scriptures in Revelations. “Blessing and honor and glory and power be to Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, forever and ever!” (Revelation 5:13) The Lord is worthy to be praised of course, but only the righteous can praise God. Do you think that God accepts the praises of sinners with joy?

Sinners’ praises are like Cain’s offering. Their praises are vain and are sung toward an empty sky, even though they think they praise the Lord. Why? Because God does not rejoice over them. God never hears sinners’ prayers (Isaiah 59:1-2).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Is God Wicked For Doing This? / Winners Chapel Preacher Beats Muslim Lady For Refusing To Accept Christ / The Smartest Muslim In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.