Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,634 members, 7,801,829 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Problem With Transmission - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Problem With Transmission (1968 Views)

Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / What Is The Use Of Neutral Gear In An Automatic Transmission Car? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 11:43pm On Sep 07, 2018
Pls fellow Nairalanders, I just observe that my Camry 99 gear sometimes don't respond while in motion. It happens once in a while. Once it happens, the speedometer reading on the dashboard will also go off. I will have to park by the way side and switch of the engine and probably wait for sometime before it picks. At time when I touch the fuse and relay on the bunnet and start the engine, it will pick too. Am really confused. What could be the cause?
Re: Problem With Transmission by pennylover11(m): 3:54am On Sep 08, 2018
Scan the car for codes .my guess could be sensor
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 10:14pm On Sep 12, 2018
Still expecting suggestions from the gurus in the house
Re: Problem With Transmission by AutosageNaija: 9:38am On Sep 13, 2018
Check out these 4 Ways To Show Some Love To Your Automatic Transmission [url]here [https://www.autosage.ng/4-ways-to-show-some-love-to-your-automatic-transmission/]
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 5:03am On Oct 24, 2018
Cc: Gazzuzz

Pls help
Re: Problem With Transmission by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:12am On Oct 24, 2018
stanlotion:
Pls fellow Nairalanders, I just observe that my Camry 99 gear sometimes don't respond while in motion. It happens once in a while. Once it happens, the speedometer reading on the dashboard will also go off. I will have to park by the way side and switch of the engine and probably wait for sometime before it picks. At time when I touch the fuse and relay on the bunnet and start the engine, it will pick too. Am really confused. What could be the cause?

possible cluster failure or vss failure or both
Re: Problem With Transmission by Bhorlargy(m): 11:20am On Nov 10, 2018
Change d instrument cluster, it's d culprit
Re: Problem With Transmission by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:58pm On Nov 10, 2018
Bhorlargy:
Change d instrument cluster, it's d culprit

not necessarily but a probable cause....

if u understand the dynamics of how the cluster can cause this then u wouldnt just advise to change the cluster.....

sometimes it's the vss, usually located on the gearbox....

some other rare conditions
both!

sometimes it's as simple as a fuse sef!
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 4:28pm On Nov 17, 2018
Have changed the vss, everything seems normal but when I parked under intense sun/ heat for some time, it happened again when I started the engine.
Re: Problem With Transmission by mayor2013: 8:57pm On Nov 17, 2018
stanlotion:
Have changed the vss, everything seems normal but when I parked under intense sun/ heat for some time, it happened again when I started the engine.

Cluster failure
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 4:58am On Dec 07, 2018
Pls can it be fixed?
Re: Problem With Transmission by obekediamondfuto(m): 8:19am On Dec 07, 2018
stanlotion:
Pls can it be fixed?
cluster (dashboard) failure
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 10:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

cluster (dashboard) failure
So it is outright replacement then
Re: Problem With Transmission by obekediamondfuto(m): 10:31pm On Dec 10, 2018
stanlotion:

So it is outright replacement then

looks a lot like it oh BRO....

before u do this, confirm all fuses and relays are connected properly.... sometimes it could be as simple as this

cc ugreat's

come and see another one

1 Like

Re: Problem With Transmission by Maskedtitan: 7:26am On Dec 11, 2018
obekediamondfuto:

not necessarily but a probable cause....

if u understand the dynamics of how the cluster can cause this then u wouldnt just advise to change the cluster.....

sometimes it's the vss, usually located on the gearbox....

some other rare conditions
both!

sometimes it's as simple as a fuse sef!
You nailed it.
Re: Problem With Transmission by stanlotion(m): 7:49am On Dec 26, 2018
Finally changed the instrument cluster. Its been so far so good. Thanks to u all. What could I have done without u guys. Merry Xmas.
Re: Problem With Transmission by Bhorlargy(m): 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2018
Congratulations broda, I told u earlier, had similar issue 2 wit my Camry 99 some months ago, I almost change d complete gear after changing virtually everything lyk VSS etc, until I was enlightened on Nairaland to change d instrument cluster, my electrician was reluctant to d idea, but I told him dats wat i want to do, he was surprised as d car became perfectly owk.

(1) (Reply)

4 Reasons Why Your Headlight Is Dim / 10 Most Funny Names Nigerians Give Cars / Nigerians At Risk : Japanese Radioactive Cars In The Market By Chika Ezeanya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.