Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,866 members, 7,802,788 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here (107586 Views)

Nigerian Girl In Russia Talks About Life In Russia, Racism And What Life Is Like / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by maternal: 4:18pm On Sep 11, 2018
benpedro:
An average Mexican values his family so much. He always want to stay close to his extended family no matter what. They're happy even with the little money they have so far they can enjoy it with their family members. Unfortunately, Canada is very far away from home than the US. Furthermore, the language barrier. In US, there is a Latin population which is not obtainable in Canada where you have to speak either English or French. However, this is changing. Some Mexicans are now moving to Canada instead of the US. Just recently I was approached by a language academy here in Mexico to travel and teach English to a Mexican community in Canada

They just can't afford it. Forget all that family narrative. Plus the U.S is closer and more convenient.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:21pm On Sep 11, 2018
maternal:

They can travel without a Visa to Canada. But they have to go through Canadian immigration on Mexican soil before being allowed to get on the plane. Most are not permitted entry into Canada though for obvious reason.
Where did you get that from? Mexicans traveling by road to the Canada do not need any prior notice before crossing to Canada. And the ones traveling by air only needs an ETA online. So where did you get the going through Canadian immigration on Mexican soil from?

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:24pm On Sep 11, 2018
maternal:

They just can't afford it. Forget all that family narrative. Plus the U.S is closer and more convenient.
There you go again

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by cydophobia(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
Thanks Bro..
benpedro:
I'm sorry bro but I don't want to say what I don't know. I have a friend who works in the IT firm, he is here on nairaland. I'd prefer he comes here to answer the question. However, the last time I talked to him, he told me they contracted him from Mexico to go work in the United States for some weeks and was paid lots of money.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 4:30pm On Sep 11, 2018
femmoy:

from ur post, it shows that visa is required to visit the US. why arguing bro?
I can't remember ever saying Mexicans don't need visa to the US. However, they don't need visa to Canada.

12 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by veramani31: 4:42pm On Sep 11, 2018
benpedro:
I can't remember ever saying Mexicans don't need visa to the US. However, they don't need visa to Canada.

Bro nice job. How about studies? Do they teach in English or just Spanish?

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Obicoin: 5:04pm On Sep 11, 2018

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by dguyindcorner(m): 5:05pm On Sep 11, 2018
benpedro:
OK my brothers and sisters. I knew I had to leave Nigeria immediately I learnt Buhari had won the presidential election that year March 2015. I immediately applied for a Mexican visa and fortunately they granted me the visa. This month will make it my third year here in Mexico and glory be to God, I'm in the process of becoming a Mexican naturalised citizen. I admit, Mexico can never be compared to developed countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia or the Schengen area, however Mexico is miles ahead of Nigeria. When being compared to Mexico, I'm afraid to say this 'Nigeria is a shithole'. I would like to help some Nigerians visit or even start a life here.Ask me any question about Mexico and I will be eager to reply.

God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by SkinnyNigga: 7:17pm On Sep 11, 2018
benpedro:

I don't know about the cost presently. But you can make your research. I processed my visa myself and it didn't cost more than 12,000 as at that time
what type of visa did you apply for?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by NONNYG: 7:34pm On Sep 11, 2018
SkinnyNigga:
what type of visa did you apply for?
just 4 pages, pls read

17 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by SkinnyNigga: 8:26pm On Sep 11, 2018
NONNYG:
just 4 pages, pls read
done.. Thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by ChristoBam: 12:17am On Sep 12, 2018
benpedro:
Please do you know any Nigerian that travelled to Mexico for undergraduate studies?? If yes, how did he/she achieve that?
I'm asking because it seems all universities in Mexico uses Spanish as language of instruction

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Ojiofor: 12:45am On Sep 12, 2018
BedLam:
Lol. I was gonna say the same thing. Nigerians wey never travel before, see small clean road and steady light, them say na heaven.
Op , answer her questions abeg.

Funny Mexicans do some of the shitty jobs in the USA and op is saying that things are good.
And What's op doing in Mexico, you got there on a Visa, clearly you can't work there unless you de push..
If you know, you know.

A place with constant light is better than a place without light.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by iwanvisityankee: 10:14am On Sep 12, 2018
@OP, i have a mexican gf whom i met online and she has been asking me to come over but i'm kind of afraid due to all kinds of bad news i have heard about mexico, also where i am working now i earn about 300k monthly (not in Nigeria). do you think i will earn more over there and also she wants us to get married and from there i will get mexican citizenship. pls i need your advise, thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Taofeekdboy(m): 10:47am On Sep 12, 2018
iwanvisityankee:
@OP, i have a mexican gf whom i met online and she has been asking me to come over but i'm kind of afraid due to all kinds of bad news i have heard about mexico, also where i am working now i earn about 300k monthly (not in Nigeria). do you think i will earn more over there and also she wants us to get married and from there i will get mexican citizenship. pls i need your advise, thanks
sorry to interrupt/interfere your personal life, I think you are better off with the salary you are earning right now than for you to go where there is uncertainty, don’t get me wrong, what I’m saying is that you are doing something now and earning a living and where you are targeting of moving to now is uncertain because you will have to start all over there again.

20 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by udocity2: 12:15pm On Sep 12, 2018
An average Mexican values his family so much. He always want to stay close to his extended family no matter what. They're happy even with the little money they have so far they can enjoy it with their family members. Unfortunately, Canada is very far away from home than the US. Furthermore, the language barrier. In US, there is a Latin population which is not obtainable in Canada where you have to speak either English or French. However, this is changing. Some Mexicans are now moving to Canada instead of the US. Just recently I was approached by a language academy here in Mexico to travel and teach English to a Mexican community in Canada

pls op ,manual job pays who much?
can I use de manual job to take good care of my family here in naija and have saving too? pls ur answer will be appreciated tanks

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by dennel(m): 12:54pm On Sep 12, 2018
Good job there op... God bless you!

I have a question...
Communication is key* n reading from all you've said so far* I realise Mexicans re striving towards knowing how to read write n speak good English now. However, what re the challenges faced by immigrants who couldn't speak or understand Spanish and how bad is it!

Like what re the chances of survival there like a normal hustler without bn an English teacher...

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by drakeli: 2:19pm On Sep 12, 2018
I agree with the op 100%. If anyone asked why are Mexicans fleeing to the US? I am in the US and based on my own opinion and experience. Virtually all Mexicans and South America’s fleeing across the US boarder don’t have good education. Hence they find it difficult to survive in Mexico doing menial jobs when doing the same menial jobs in the US gives them an edge. The Op is educated. He teaches English in a good school according to him. This is what gave him an edge over Mexicans because it’s very hard to see a Mexican that speaks English unless he grew up in the US or has been there a long time. Most of them don’t speak English. Hence the reason he is doing well in the same Mexico that uneducated Mexicans are running away from.

On a warning note. There’s no pathway to legalization for people crossing the boarder from Mexico into the US. Don’t be tempted to follow that path, because you will be illegal in the US for the rest of your life. If you like, marry 100 US citizens. No legalization for you because you jumped the boarder.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 10:12pm On Sep 12, 2018
udocity2:

pls op ,manual job pays who much?
can I use de manual job to take good care of my family here in naija and have saving too? pls ur answer will be appreciated tanks

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by biztip: 5:58am On Sep 13, 2018
following
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by GdexFolami(m): 5:11pm On Sep 14, 2018
Following too
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Godsmercy01: 10:12am On Sep 15, 2018
benpedro:
OK my brothers and sisters. I knew I had to leave Nigeria immediately I learnt Buhari had won the presidential election that year March 2015. I immediately applied for a Mexican visa and fortunately they granted me the visa. This month will make it my third year here in Mexico and glory be to God, I'm in the process of becoming a Mexican naturalised citizen. I admit, Mexico can never be compared to developed countries such as the USA, Canada, Australia or the Schengen area, however Mexico is miles ahead of Nigeria. When being compared to Mexico, I'm afraid to say this 'Nigeria is a shithole'. I would like to help some Nigerians visit or even start a life here.Ask me any question about Mexico and I will be eager to reply.

Hi bro, I really appreciate you for taking time to give out helpful information about Mexico and I also salute you for taking that step which you are glad your generation will appreciate and I pray your heart desires shall continue to be granted.

MY QUESTIONS

Can English Language be taught in Mexico without the TEFL or TESOL training certification and how do you communicate with the student since they speak and understand Spanish?

How much does the TEFL training cost in Mexico and how much does it cost to learn Spanish Language?

God Bless.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by xtraline: 11:12am On Sep 15, 2018
Hello, I am new here. Kindly request advice from the experienced here.

I just received my invitation letter & I want to apply for a B2 usa visa by Sept. 2018 month end. Plan travelling by January 2019 by God grace.

Please advice, can I apply with my int'l passport as it expires by April 2020, and the passport valid time remaining will be less than 2 years by that time ?

Will the usa Embassy not say my int'l passport remaining valid date is less than 2 years & it can't carry the regular 2 years visa, please advice?

thanks
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:29pm On Sep 15, 2018
Godsmercy01:

Hi bro, I really appreciate you for taking time to give out helpful information about Mexico and I also salute you for taking that step which you are glad your generation will appreciate and I pray your heart desires shall continue to be granted.

MY QUESTIONS

Can English Language be taught in Mexico without the TEFL or TESOL training certification and how do you communicate with the student since they speak and understand Spanish?

How much does the TEFL training cost in Mexico and how much does it cost to learn Spanish Language?
God Bless.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2018
xtraline:
Hello, I am new here. Kindly request advice from the experienced here.

I just received my invitation letter & I want to apply for a B2 usa visa by Sept. 2018 month end. Plan travelling by January 2019 by God grace.

Please advice, can I apply with my int'l passport as it expires by April 2020, and the passport valid time remaining will be less than 2 years by that time ?

Will the usa Embassy not say my int'l passport remaining valid date is less than 2 years & it can't carry the regular 2 years visa, please advice?

thanks
wrong thread

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Oskydaniellyyy: 2:49pm On Sep 15, 2018
benpedro:
I'm sorry my sister but please try not to give your opinions simply based on how you feel or what you've heard others say. First, Mexico can never be compared to the United States but when compared to Nigeria, it is heaven. All of us won't go to the USA. And hey, I live in the borderland and have a 2years US B1/B2 visa stamped on my passport yet I've never spent a night in the USA.
Also, at the bold, why do Nigerians bomb themselves in churches and mosques? Why do Nigerians use people for rituals and mine their skulls? Why do Nigerians do internet fraud? Or better why do Africans still go around their villages butt naked?..... You get my drift? All of this permutations are borne out of ignorance. Don't generalize. Don't say Mexicans smuggle themselves to the USA when it's just a minority of them that do so. Also know that most people trying to cross into the US border illegally are originally not Mexicans but from other Latin American countries

Dont mind some people , entry level graduate in Nigeria is 80k on the average , people are struggling in Nigeria and why do you think we have all the problems in Nigeria ranging from poverty , sea crossing to Europe, money rituals , no light , poor salary . The rural people and uneducated in Mexico are the one crossing the border. Mind you Mexico has more than 30 billionaires in dollars not naira.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Oskydaniellyyy: 2:58pm On Sep 15, 2018
maternal:

Mexico is richer than Nigeria in many aspects of life, what are you talking about .nigerians should learn how to read beyond nigerians

6 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:07pm On Sep 15, 2018
sambroose:
Pls bro, I sent you a pm.... I think I need to leave Nigeria.
sorry bro, I don't do pm. Ask your questions here.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by Pesb(m): 9:31pm On Sep 15, 2018
How can a married man (MBA HOLDER) relocate to Mexico.....from Type of Visa to Arrival to Securing Job to settling to down as a permanent residence or citizen.

Why did you go to Belize to process those documents that requires you to stay legal

What kind of jobs are available in Monterrey, Mexico city and Guadalajara as an English speaker

Can one apply for language school in Mexico to learn Spanish

What other Businesses can one in the aforementioned cities with 5000 USD?

Is it possible to learn and grab a passable Knowledge of Spanish online If yes! Any recommended online resource??

Which of the cities in Mexico can be likened to Lagos and Abuja

Are there Pentecostal churches over there?

Is there any benefit if a Nigerian gives birth in Mexico like citizenship by birth and other privileges

Thanks alot benpedro for this thread you created.....its blessing people already.

Thumbs up
Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by benpedro(m): 5:32am On Sep 16, 2018
Pesb:
How can a married man (MBA HOLDER) relocate to Mexico.....from Type of Visa to Arrival to Securing Job to settling to down as a permanent residence or citizen.

Why did you go to Belize to process those documents that requires you to stay legal

What kind of jobs are available in Monterrey, Mexico city and Guadalajara as an English speaker

Can one apply for language school in Mexico to learn Spanish

What other Businesses can one in the aforementioned cities with 5000 USD?

Is it possible to learn and grab a passable Knowledge of Spanish online If yes! Any recommended online resource??

Which of the cities in Mexico can be likened to Lagos and Abuja

Are there Pentecostal churches over there?

Is there any benefit if a Nigerian gives birth in Mexico like citizenship by birth and other privileges

Thanks alot benpedro for this thread you created.....its blessing people already.

Thumbs up

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Living In Mexico. Ask Me Any Question About Life Here by uchman(m): 7:10am On Sep 16, 2018
Benpedro,

Please I want you to explain this better for me.

I imports used Auto parts and used cars too....

Do you know if mexico is a good place to buy used cars and used automatically and send to Nigeria like those guys that live in US.

What type of cars do they drive?

Can one buy used cars cheaper over there?

Do you have idea of shipping to Nigeria?

Do you have Nigerian owned Cargo companies that can help with shipping?

Can I find others that deals on Auto parts out there too I.e Nigerians?

Apologize for all the questions...

E be like say the questions much

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (32) (Reply)

Lagos Plane Crash: List Of Passengers & Survivors / A Town In Anambra State Were Snakes Visits People...(pictured) / This Is The Oyedepo Hangar They Plan To Demolish

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.