Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,767 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:32 PM

Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC (17176 Views)

Biafra: Ipob’s Nnamdi Kanu Formally Announces Formation Of Eastern Security Netw / #osundecides2018: INEC Formally Announces Results — LIVE-UPDATES / Osundecides2018: INEC Formally Announces Results — LIVE-UPDATES (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by abc115: 11:56pm On Sep 08, 2018
A former governor of Kano State, Ibrahim Shekarau, has formally defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress.
Mr Shekarau declared his much anticipated defection at a meeting with loyalists held at his Mundubawa avenue residence on Saturday.
He said he decided to leave PDP due to the injustice the national leadership of the party meted against the state leadership of the PDP.
Mr Shekarau said the main reason for taking this decision is due to the concession of 51 per cent of the party’s leadership structure from state to ward level to a presidential aspirant, Rabiu Kwankwaso, who recently decamped to the party.
Mr Shekarau defected along with the dissolved state executive vice chairman, Ibrahim KT; state secretary, Auwalu Danzabuwa and state women leader, Hajiya Riga.
Others who decamped with him served on his cabinet when he was governor, including some gubernatorial aspirants under the PDP.
Prominent among these aspirants are: Mustapha Maimansaleta, Bashir Ishaq, Muhammad Bello, Sarki Labaran and Garba Yusuf.
PREMIUM TIMES observed that a gubernatorial candidate, Salihu Takai, who Mr Shekarau supported in 2011 and 2015 and about 40 out of the 44 local government chairmen of the PDP in the state were not present during the formal declaration.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/282902-shekarau-formally-announced-defection-to-apc.html

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by babyfaceafrica: 12:12am On Sep 09, 2018
same old people

3 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Racoon(m): 12:53am On Sep 09, 2018
Kwankwaso<-------------->Shekarau.
If you know Le Chatelier's principle in Chemistry (Ababio) then you know whats up.

32 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by coolscott(m): 4:36am On Sep 09, 2018
A big loss to the pdp.
I like Shekarau.
He probably could not stand the thugishness of Kwankwaso
and Wike obviously felt they needed a Kwankwaso to withstand the expected violence
in the 2019 elections.

21 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by capatainrambo: 4:49am On Sep 09, 2018
weightless politician

apc would have preferred kwankwanso.

but pdp has him.

shekarau is more like a liability. as it is now

kwankwanso is shekarau's bogeyman. always chasing him.I

37 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by EwuOjota: 4:50am On Sep 09, 2018
Good news.

Saraki is a goner.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by QuotaSystem: 4:51am On Sep 09, 2018
Ex- Governor Shekarau (2 terms) + Present Governor Ganduje (serving Governor) vs Kwankwaso

Plus the sheer political sagacity of Oshiobaba??

Haba this bullying is too much na.

APC is Kano and Kano is APC!

Buhari till 2023 Amaka cool

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by princeSammyz: 4:51am On Sep 09, 2018
Interest rules them all. He was made a better offer!
Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by tatibillion: 4:51am On Sep 09, 2018
Shekarau, shekau. Smh
Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Praktikals(m): 4:52am On Sep 09, 2018
Thats the last nail in the cofin of Kwakwanso's political career.

20 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by PassingShot(m): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2018
What Shekarau defection has done to PDP is to make their loss worse than it was meant to be. Not that they all werenot headed for a trashing anyway.

The worst defeat awaits PDP in 2019.

45 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by SamuelAnyawu(m): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2018
undecided undecided

What Happens in Kano stays in Kano.

Senator Samuel Anyanwu aka Sam Daddy for Governor Imo 2019

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by hope4nigeria(m): 4:54am On Sep 09, 2018
capatainrambo:
weightless politician

but pdp has him.

shekarau should go and meet his twin brother in Zambiza

3 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by BUSHHUNTER: 4:58am On Sep 09, 2018
The way nairaland and some lazy Nigerian youths focus on Kano politicians ehn

2 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by gift01: 4:59am On Sep 09, 2018
Senator Shekarau loading... President Kwankwaso loading

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by contigiency(m): 5:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Buhari's second tenure becoming obvious every single day.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by jonathanOz: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2018
These days in Nigeria, every rumour turns out true

1 Like

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by ReplyKING: 5:01am On Sep 09, 2018
APC as a party is made up of educated and intelligent politicians. If you are from south-west, you will know how APC roll.

I was wondering why Saraki and Kwankwaso can't exercise patience till after 2023 before contesting under APC. Why are they eager to get what doesn't belong to them presently?

APC never forgive. When you betray them, they will kill you politically. I have witnessed their politics since the days of AD.

APC is just like a cult. You either dine with them and play the game of politics together or you betray and get killed politically.

Kwankwaso will loose Presidential election (Primary or General) and he will loose his seat at National assembly.

Saraki, APC will choose his sister has their candidate to face saraki.. I don't see Saraki returning to the National Assembly again.

Tambuwal, this man's story will teach a lot of people lesson.

63 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by dbynonetwork: 5:04am On Sep 09, 2018
It shall never be well with APC and PDP.........

GOOD MORNING NIGERIA....... HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Sweetcollins: 5:05am On Sep 09, 2018
What difference or economic significance does it make...carry Evans the kidnapper go America or carry the AJ's car snatchers come Nigeria their mission remains ...THIEFING...
Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by dbynonetwork: 5:06am On Sep 09, 2018
And the cycle continues...... I wonder when Nigeria would move forward...

2 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by QuotaSystem: 5:10am On Sep 09, 2018
contigiency:
Buhari's second tenure becoming obvious every single day.

PDP's 16 years of FAILURE to provide basics like power, roads, rails, quality education etc must never be repeated in this Nation's history.

Never again will we allow the ASUU strike & Boko Haram party lead us again.

From North to South, West to 5%

Hurricane Buhari is taking over, one city at at time cheesy.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by nurusystem(m): 5:11am On Sep 09, 2018
I sympathise with PDP this 2019 they will be expose more than before. many PDP will fail woefully.
I am feeling it coming
Sai baba warrior return for 2019
4+4= progressive osibanjo 2019 ibuhari 2019

whether you like it or not.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Reader530(m): 5:16am On Sep 09, 2018
nurusystem:
I sympathise with PDP this 2019 they will be expose more than before. many PDP will fail woefully.
I am feeling it coming
Sai baba warrior return for 2019
4+4= progressive osibanjo 2019 ibuhari 2019

whether you like it or not.
Shekarau is Shekau's brother. Welcome to APC, your sins are forgiven.
Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Nobody: 5:24am On Sep 09, 2018
capatainrambo:
weightless politician

but pdp has him.

Apc and pdp are both the same in my opinion but for you to say the defection of a prominent politician like Shekarau holds no weight makes me want to question your honesty and possibly, your sanity.
You should learn to concede defeat in silence.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by capatainrambo: 5:27am On Sep 09, 2018
nipastella:
Apc and pdp are both the same in my opinion but for you to say the defection of a prominent politician like Shekarau holds no weight makes me question your honestly and possibly, your sanity.
You should learn to concede defeat in silence.
e dey do me somehow if zombie dey quote me.

madam abeg dey go

3 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by drey69(m): 5:34am On Sep 09, 2018
Reader530:
Shekarau is Shekau's brother. Welcome to APC, your sins are forgiven.

4 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by Roger3D(m): 5:37am On Sep 09, 2018
We will punish PDP in the next election for what they did to this country for 16 years. Bastards

20 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by HAH: 5:37am On Sep 09, 2018
So everywhere kwankwaso goes if Shekarau is there he leave the place ? Kwankwaso went to APC he ran away and now kwankwaso went back to PDP he ran again leaving even his presidential ambitions.

Cowards die many times

5 Likes

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by oladele00(m): 5:45am On Sep 09, 2018
Welcome back home sir.... PMB today, tomorrow and forevermore

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shekarau Formally Announces Defection To APC by seguno2: 5:47am On Sep 09, 2018
abc115:
PREMIUM TIMES observed that a gubernatorial candidate, Salihu Takai, who Mr Shekarau supported in 2011 and 2015 and about 40 out of the 44 local government chairmen of the PDP in the state were not present during the formal declaration.

Interesting observation.
What does that mean for Buhari and APC

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku Tackles Tinubu For Not Helping APC Avert Economic Crisis / Police Barrack In Ibadan Selling Fuel Gutted By Fire (Video) / IPOB Bans Ohanaeze Indefinitely From South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.