Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,269 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:46 PM

Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too (3240 Views)

Senator Uche Chukwumerije Is Dead / Senator Chukwumerije is Dead? / Nigeria Is A Failed State At 52- Senator Chukwumerije (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Onlytruth(m): 3:16am On Jul 02, 2010
[size=16pt]Chukwumerije, Onyechere quit PPA[/size]

From AMOS DUNIA, Abuja
Friday, July 02, 2010

Senator Uche Chukwumerije representing Abia North Senatorial District yesterday in Abuja announced the withdrawal of his membership from the Progressive Peoples Alliance (PPA). The National Publicity Secretary of the PPA, Ben Onyechere also announced his resignation in a letter sent to the National Chairman, Mr. Larry Esin.

This was even as the national headquarters of the party expressed disappointment at the action of Senator Chukwumerije. Mr. Esin, told Daily Sun in an interview that the party had succeeded in sending a strong message that it had reinforced discipline within the party, stressing that he had no regret whatsoever over the letter he wrote to Governor Theodore Orji, Senator Chukwumerije and the Chairman of the Board of Trustees, Dr. Orji Kalu bordering on matters that affect the people of Abia State.

Esin further said contrary to the allegation by Senator Chukwumerije to the effect that he was dictated to by the chairman of Board of Trustees to issue him with a query, he did not issue any query but wrote the affected elected officers and the BoT chairman the same letter of invitation as a party, urging them to clear some grey areas.

According to Mr. Esin; “When the chairman of our Board of Trustees got his own letter, he was initially annoyed over it and called me to withdraw it and I said that I would rather resign than to withdraw the letters and he later accepted and appeared before the National Working Committee of the party.

“Senator Chukwumerije did the same and I don’t know why he is complaining now. Chukwumerije that we know is not a democrat. He believes only in his own point of view and does not believe in what is called superior argument.
The party cannot continue to have people that think they are too big to be talked to or bigger than the party.”

The PPA national chairman further said if he had wanted, he could have kept quiet over happenings in Abia State and only go to the governor every month to get patronage but he chose to respond to the cries of the people who were suffering from non-payment of salaries, decayed infrastructure and serious security crisis that was getting out of hand.

The PPA national chairman further said it was appalling for the same people, who benefitted from the struggle embarked upon by the chairman of the Board of Trustees of the party to continue to make unfounded allegations of interference in the affairs of the party and the government of Abia State, adding that those allegations were put before Dr. Kalu who urged anyone with proof of his interference in the government of Governor Orji to come out and prove such.

“As a party, Dr. Orji Kalu does not interfere in our activities. He challenged the Abia governor to come out and tell the world if he (Dr. Kalu) had interest in any of the companies doing business with the state government and yet no one had said anything towards that except unfounded rumours.”

However, Senator Chukwumerije who is the only Senator on the platform of the PPA attributed his decision to quit the party to the recent travails that led to his being issued a query by the party’s national leadership.
Senator Chukwumerije explained that the detonator to his resignation from the PPA was the “proconsular issue of a query” and the reading of riot act to Abia State governor, which, he noted, was purportedly by PPA’s national chairman.

He noted that the choice of medium used and the query issued him was in itself a most eloquent comment on the quality of democratic spirit and level of interaction in a body that prides itself as a political party. According to Senator Chukwumerije; “It must be an interesting subject of study to students of Nigeria’s political parties that the long smouldering tension in the gilded cage described as PPA has escalated to the point of explosion.”

He further described the query by the national chairman of PPA as a perfect case of teleguide, adding that the decoy of including two others, the chairman of Board of Trustees of the party and himself, in the firing range of the volley of queries was to give an impression of even handed approach to party problems, saying, however, that the thin disguise was unhelpful.

The Abia State senator also noted that the query (to him) was, orchestrated by some unnamed owners of the PPA, who are re-positioning the party for the forthcoming elections, adding that the query was the first step calculated, to apportion blame and nail him for the real and imagined failures of PPA Abia State Government.
Senator Chukwumerije, who said he was leaving the PPA out of disillusionment, explained that his next political move would be subjected to the views of his constituents.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/july/02/national-02-07-2010-009.htm
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by EzeUche(m): 3:18am On Jul 02, 2010
Yay! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

APGA be my new party.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Onlytruth(m): 3:19am On Jul 02, 2010
I have TONNES of respect for this senator. He is an Ezigbo nwa (good son) of Igboland. I would follow him to anywhere. cool cool
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by basktmout: 9:59am On Jul 02, 2010
What is ojukwu's secret of political success?meen!
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by stormm: 10:37am On Jul 02, 2010
Onlytruth:

I have TONNES of respect for this senator. He is an Ezigbo nwa (good son) of Igboland. I would follow him to anywhere. cool cool

Are u serious? This is the same man that almost threw Nigeria into another civil war under Abacha.
Follow him anywhere? at your own peril. The Igbos do confound me anyday.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by metalgong5(m): 10:47am On Jul 02, 2010
stormm:

Are u serious? This is the same man that almost threw Nigeria into another civil war under Abacha.

So how did he almost threw Nigeria into a civil war? . . . I guess you are speaking out of ignnorance.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 11:18am On Jul 02, 2010
Sorry, no disrespect, but the Igbos appear to me as the most politically naive of the three major tribes in Nigeria.

It all too evident, even on N/L
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by metalgong5(m): 11:39am On Jul 02, 2010
ilugunboy:

Sorry, no disrespect, but the Igbos appear to me as the most politically naive of the three major tribes in Nigeria.

It all too evident, even on N/L

My friend, there is no action that shows more politically naivete than the sit on the fence tactic and AMALA politics which Yoruba people are known for.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by favouredjb(f): 11:40am On Jul 02, 2010
illugun you want to start wahala on this thread o,,have forgotten metal gong is here,dnt let him start attacking us ngbatis or wateva he calls  yorubas
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by favouredjb(f): 11:41am On Jul 02, 2010
metal-gong:

My friend, there is no action that shows more politically naivete than the sit on the fence tactic and[b] AMALA politics which Yoruba people are known [/b] for.
as if i knew, smh
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 02, 2010
My friend, there is no action that shows more politically naivete than the sit on the fence tactic and AMALA politics which Yoruba people are known for.

See what am talking about. Very naive way of thinking. tongue. The Amala politics you refers to has been given them a lot of leverage in the Nigeria political equation lately. While your own act of sitting UNDER the fence has been sliding you down the ladder continuously.

APGA and now PPA. Outside Igboland, those parties name hardly ring bell.

illugun you want to start wahala on this thread o,,have forgotten metal gong is here,dnt let him start attacking us ngbatis or wateva he calls  yorubas

I promise you no wahala as long as they keep it civil.

PS: My opinion. OUK still remains the most politically astute politician on the scene from Igboland. Forget the colouration of his politics.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by CarlosVent(m): 12:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
apga is getting more wings nw
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by EzeUche(m): 12:48pm On Jul 02, 2010
Yorubas get out of here. I will not tolerate any Yoruba commenting on my home state politics. Frankly, I would not allow any Igbo who is not from my home state comment on this issue unless they know Abia very well.

All I can say is that these politicians need watch OUK. This man is one sneaky man. He knowns Abia State very well.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^why nah! grin grin why you dey vex like that today.

Another politically naive Igbo N/Lander. angry

Oya sorry, take back your biscuit and run back to mama tongue

Just one clarification. Is Chukwumerije an Ngwa/Ukwa or Bende man?. Just checking out.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by EzeUche(m): 12:59pm On Jul 02, 2010
ilugunboy:

^^^why nah! grin grin why you dey vex like that today.

Another politically naive Igbo N/Lander. angry

Oya sorry, take back your biscuit and run back to mama tongue

Who are you calling politcally naive? From what in my post is naive? Good Lord you basically said the same thing I said. Is it because I told you Yoruba to worry about the affairs of your own region?

Opportunistic Yoruba are the ones who are naive and this is well known. Nothing but slaves to the Hausa-Fulani. Everyone else laughs at you.

Only the Igbo are truly free. No one dares ventures into Alaigbo and start some wahala like what is happening in Lagos.

Biko enough with your nonsense and worry about the do or die politics of your people. If this was in yorubaland, politicians would be turning up dead. At least our politicians don't kill each other, just kidnap them.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jul 02, 2010
^^^ we may not be best of friends, but at least type my tribe's name properly. It Yor[b]u[/b]ba, and not Yoruba.

Chukwumerije should be prepared to lose his Senate for quitting the party that sent him to the senate.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 1:11pm On Jul 02, 2010
Who are you calling politcally naive? From what in my post is naive? Good Lord you basically said the same thing I said. Is it because I told you Yoruba to worry about the affairs of your own region?

Opportunistic Yoruba are the ones who are naive and this is well known. Nothing but slaves to the Hausa-Fulani. Everyone else laughs at you.

Only the Igbo are truly free. No one dares ventures into Alaigbo and start some wahala like what is happening in Lagos.

Biko enough with your nonsense and worry about the do or die politics of your people. If this was in yorubaland, politicians would be turning up dead. At least our politicians don't kill each other, just kidnap them

With the way you are rambling away here, you would soon be competing with Becomerich for incoherence.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by dolu2007(m): 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2010
How many of their candidates are ruling now?

Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by otukpo(f): 1:33pm On Jul 02, 2010
It is called Freedom of Association.

PPA is obviously a wrong place to be for a progressive.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by confetti(f): 1:37pm On Jul 02, 2010
I really dont understand how someone gets elected on a particular party platform to resign from the party without resigning his position.
What sort of politics is this? Please somebody should educate me.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jul 02, 2010
Yorubas get out of here. I will not tolerate any Yoruba commenting on my home state politics. Frankly, I would not allow any Igbo who is not from my home state comment on this issue unless they know Abia very well.

You are very dumb for that statement. Carry your "home state politics" away from Nairaland and go and continue the discussion on Abianland forum. Very silly indeed.! angry

Who the shtye are you to give condition on who should comment on a topic on Nairaland and who should not.

Your behaviour on N/L these days is becoming anti-social and I would not be surprise if you get the big stick soon.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by ReachRich(m): 2:35pm On Jul 02, 2010
OUK is is not somebody u can play with and runaway.I believe he'll do everything within his powers to regain the state gov seat in ppa next yr.This he can do by fielding an Ngwa man for gov probably d present Dep Gov,Chris Akomas.Tru
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Acidosis(m): 2:40pm On Jul 02, 2010
I DON'T CARE!
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by seanet02: 3:57pm On Jul 02, 2010
@igbos, there you all go again, starting wars you can never win, did i hear one of you said 'hausa dare not try that in igbo land' rubbish, where were you in the civil war when you were being raped, maimed, tortured and killed by the heartless northerners, we the YORUBAS dont just fight like that. Hausa knows our capability, they have tried it in the past and failed.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by deluxecad(m): 5:02pm On Jul 02, 2010
This is what I've been praying to God about since. Set the cult against themselves and let them cut themselves with every bit of weapon they still have in their arsenal-libel, blackmail, Okija juju, kidnapping, and any other form of defamatory tool they can lay their hands on.

Let hell break loose! Abia State shall live and exist true to it's motto: God's Own State.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by houvest: 5:03pm On Jul 02, 2010
I was really suyrprised when somebody with integrity like Chukwumerije went to bed with an unpredictable folk like OUK. Guess he is waking up from a very bad dream.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Mkpotu(m): 5:19pm On Jul 02, 2010
I like Chukwumerije, he is an objective and responsible politician. His kind of persons are rare and I believe this decision he made must have been a calculated one and no regrets, most probably there is no internal democracy in PPA just like what a lot of people suffered in PDP, ANPP & AC.

I wish him well, a respectable Senator.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Onlytruth(m): 6:00pm On Jul 02, 2010
stormm:

So, did Nigeria go into a civil war?
The man is one of the FEW Igbo politicians who really understands Nigerian politics.
If we replaced 30% of Igbo politicians with the Chukwumerije character and intelligence in 2003, Igbo would not have lost any grounds in this evil game called Nigerian politics.

Like I said before, I would follow Chukwumerije to anywhere. cool
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by basktmout: 6:52pm On Jul 02, 2010
lly dont understand how someone gets elected on a particular party platform to resign from the party without resigning his position.What sort of politics is this? Please somebody should educate me.

Let your education star from when tinubu left AD to join AC
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by mensdept: 6:57pm On Jul 02, 2010
basktmout:

lly dont understand how someone gets elected on a particular party platform to resign from the party without resigning his position.What sort of politics is this? Please somebody should educate me.

Let your education star from when tinubu left AD to join AC

You don't have to resign your seat.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by EzeUche(m): 8:05pm On Jul 02, 2010
ilugun it took you three replies to answer my one post. Go sit down mehn. You just embarrassed yourself.
Re: Senator Chukwumerije Quits PPA Too by Kc3000: 3:08am On Jul 03, 2010
Oh my goodness, why did the idiot Ilugunboy have to insert his ethnic bigotry into this matter. Is this the first time someone has quit his/her political party in Nigeria??

(1) (2) (Reply)

Which States Have Free Education? / Blast: Police Hold Zaria Cleric Albani / Senate Passes ₦4.8T For 2012 Budget

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.