Stats: 3,150,125 members, 7,807,402 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:09 PM

What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha (19401 Views)

2023: Why Is Buhari Not Campaigning For Tinubu The Way Obasanjo Did For Yaradua? / Buhari Should Deal With Incoming National Assembly Like Obasanjo Did –Sagay / What Obasanjo Said About Atiku In 2015 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by midolian(m): 7:52am On Sep 09, 2018
A former lawmaker representing the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Senator Khairat Abdulrazaq-Gwadabe, has revealed what former President Olusegun Obasanjo did to her for begging him not to run for second term in office.

According to her, Obasanjo made sure that she did not return to the Senate for spearheading the move to remove him as President in 2003.

Speaking with Vanguard, the lawmaker who later defected to the All Nigerian Peoples Party, ANPP, from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, said she had to abandon her second term bid because plans were concluded to kick her out during PDP primaries.

She said, “I did not technically lose the primary in 2003. There was a lot of agitation from the National Assembly for the impeachment of President Olusegun Obasanjo at the time and we were the people pushing for it because we felt that he was unconstitutional in some of his actions. Every law, particularly the Appropriation Act, was always flouted.

“We worked hard to put things in place and he messed it up. Anytime he came to do his budget presentation or the state of the nation address, you will find that whatever he said never tallied with the budgeting.

“For instance, you can’t say your thrust is agriculture and then you are giving less than N100 billion to agriculture.

“You can’t tell me that your thrust is health and you are giving more money to defence. So, whatever you are saying in the state of the nation address must tally with what you have presented to us.

“So, largely, we now look at your address and say ‘this is where he wants to go and we will help him get there’.

“We tinker with the budget in a manner that will reflect the direction that he wants to go. But when it comes to implementation, he will now become selective as to which ministry he is going to give funds.

“If you don’t get money, you can’t do anything. We said, ‘no, if we continue the process this way, we are going to get to a point where some of us that want to see Nigeria do well will not achieve our aim.

“This second term he is seeking, let us ask him not to go’. So, we were called to a conference – all the appointees, ambassadors and legislators of the PDP – at the Yar’Adua Centre.

“Audu Ogbeh was Chairman of the party at the time, and they selected people to speak and people spoke. I came up and summarized what every speaker had said.

“I said we were all going round in circles. ‘Mr. Chairman, please let us beg Gen. Olusegun Obasanjo not to run for second term in the interest of the country and in the interest of the party’.

“There was a big round of applause. They forgot that he was seated there. I think somebody reminded me that he’s Chief Olusegun Obasanjo. I responded and said ‘I appreciate that you would rather call him chief.

“But for a man to say he is going to give up his life and serve his nation, I think he needs to be honoured and he served his nation and rose to the highest level you can give a man in the military, General.

“I think we should honour him by addressing him as General Olusegun Obasanjo. He is a chief in just a small community in Nigeria. But he has risen to the highest level as a General and Commander-in-Chief of the army. So, I repeat, I am talking about our President, General Olusegun Obasanjo’.

“Everybody clapped for me and then the Chairman asked me to go and sit down. I sat and that was the nail.

“So, when it came to the time for primaries, I said I won’t give them that pleasure of not seeking re-election, that I will go and that if people asked me in future why didn’t I go for a second term, I could tell them why.

“I’m a fighter, they will hit me but I won’t go out of the way. That is what happened. They just didn’t want me to return. At some point you moved.”

http://dailypost.ng/2018/09/09/obasanjo-begging-not-run-second-term-senator-khairat/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Kingosytex(m): 7:56am On Sep 09, 2018
the earthworm slips into the soil but cannot penetrate the rock when it comes in contact with it.
you dont mess with OBJ,he is deadly

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by midolian(m): 7:58am On Sep 09, 2018
Kingosytex:
the earthworm slips into the soil but cannot penetrate the rock when it comes in contact with it.
He is just a desperate and greedy man presently forming elder statesman

39 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by fk002: 8:12am On Sep 09, 2018
OBJ is not a Man of his words.

He should just retire politics just like his mates Gowon, Abdulsalam,

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Afamed: 8:20am On Sep 09, 2018
To the gaffer he believes he knows it all.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Teacher1776(m): 8:23am On Sep 09, 2018
Obasanjor an ex-military president who took over power from a military head of state. It would be unreasonable to expect him to be a perfect democrat. But then he handed over power to an educationist, a Yaradua, who was later succeeded by a Jonathan. Democratic ideals were gradually gaining ground. Elections were gradually becoming free and fair. A card reader was introduced to authenticate voters. An incumbent president lost and conceded defeat while votes were still being tallied. It was a moment of pride for a nation exhibiting maturity.
Power was handed over to a Buhari who made several bogus pre-election promises, including a zero tolerance for corruption, dispensing fuel at 40 naira per litre, constructing more refineries, massive infrastructural development, a dollar exchanging for one dollar amongst others. Today, almost 4 years after assuming office, nothing tangible is being done, except massive borrowing, plunging the country in debts which can't be repaid in the next 20 years, and the same pre-election slogans of PDP being corrupt and milking the country dry. But meanwhile, these "so called corrupt" PDP members are being wooed day and nights with corruption -induced offers, to defect to the APC.
If you all are asleep to the reality of things, you better wake up. APC does not have our interest at heart. It is mainly concerned about power and control of resources.
Their ineffectiveness stinks a million miles away. I would rather vote for a PDP which has learnt its lessons than for an APC which is not even willing to learn at all...

63 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Janaanu: 8:27am On Sep 09, 2018
Kingosytex:

True talk! Unfortunately for Obj, he has come in contact with PMB. In a few months time, he will be permanently retired and be dumped into the archives of Nigerian history.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by 9jayes: 8:42am On Sep 09, 2018
Obasanjo is an idol

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by jaxxy(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2018
Why wud u beg a performing, healthy and visionary president not to run for 2nd term in the 1st place. He wasn’t perfect because it was a young democracy nevertheless he set a pace that is yet to be surpassed

Did u state any valid reasons why he shud not run? Like has been stated with Buhari.

This woman makes no sense. Atleast based on the points she raised.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by bivanJohnaliuz(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2018
OBASANJo mother is a monkey, his father is a HANDSOME GORILLA
. . . No wonder d dude lookx lyk CHIMPAZEE
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Abfinest007(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2018
obj is a dirty dictator n he does not have forgiveness

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:43am On Sep 09, 2018
It is well. That's Nigeria politics.
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by hardywaltz(m): 8:45am On Sep 09, 2018
Teacher1776:
Obasanjor an ex-military president who took over power from a military head of state. It would be unreasonable to expect him to be a perfect democrat. But then he handed over power to an educationist, a Yaradua, who was later succeeded by a Jonathan. Democratic ideals were gradually gaining ground. Elections were gradually becoming free and fair. A card reader was introduced to authenticate voters. An incumbent president lost and conceded defeat while votes were still being tallied. It was a moment of pride for a nation exhibiting maturity.
Power was handed over to a Buhari who made several bogus pre-election promises, including a zero tolerance for corruption, dispensing fuel at 40 naira per litre, constructing more refineries, massive infrastructural development, a dollar exchanging for one dollar amongst others. Today, almost 4 years after assuming office, nothing tangible is being done, except massive borrowing, plunging the country in debts which can't be repaid in the next 20 years, and the same pre-election slogans of PDP being corrupt and milking the country dry. But meanwhile, these "so called corrupt" PDP members are being wooed day and nights with corruption -induced offers, to defect to the APC.
If you all are asleep to the reality of things, you better wake up. APC does not have our interest at heart. It is mainly concerned about power and control of resources.
Their ineffectiveness stinks a million miles away. I would rather vote for a PDP which has learnt its lessons than for an APC which is not even willing to learn at all...

It's like u are living in a dream land.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by NobodyKnows(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2018
Story story.
Sai baba till 2023

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by DEHVEHLOP(m): 8:46am On Sep 09, 2018
Igbo amaka grin
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Bodude504: 8:46am On Sep 09, 2018
That obj his another something else
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Consultville(m): 8:47am On Sep 09, 2018
I can just inagine how Obasanjo will be looking that the woman that day. In his mind, he will be saying so, na you sabi talk abi.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by budusky05(m): 8:49am On Sep 09, 2018
Same old fools who did nothing but killed the future of this nation.
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Metuh: 8:49am On Sep 09, 2018
Obasanjo is evil.
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by adadike(f): 8:50am On Sep 09, 2018
U all are d same. u might even do worse if you are in his shoes. u are all birds of a feather!
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by JudasNaCarrot: 8:50am On Sep 09, 2018
Hater!

You started what you can't finish,Stupid woman....

OBJ remains the best President Nigeria have ever produced. Some of you don't like him because of his toughness and blunt nature. He kicks you in the ass if you mess with him.

He's not like the lifeless one who have never written a book or made any intellectual presentation.....a stark illiterate!

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Teacher1776(m): 8:54am On Sep 09, 2018
hardywaltz:

It's like u are living in a dream land.
In the past three years? Yes. But am fully awake now...

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Nobody: 8:56am On Sep 09, 2018
You want obasanjo to forgo his second term bid but you can't forgo your return to national assembly?

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 09, 2018
You and obasanjo are the same thing: you both will not forgo your reelection and you both are ready to do anything to remain in power, hence you decamp when you sense no return ticket
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Modarun(m): 9:00am On Sep 09, 2018
Teacher1776:

God bless you my dear brother. As you can see they are now using every and any thing to attack OBJ for telling them the truth. What theyvfail to realize is that OBJ has done his thing and is now in the past. Is OBj contesting? How comes every good we have gained is now reversed? I weep for Nigeria.

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by bigpicture001: 9:15am On Sep 09, 2018
what's dt fool talking about....if I recall, OBJ increased lectures salary 3 times in his tenure, OBJ made every good ranking officer of the army,navyairfore and police own a car in his huge car loan drive...a peugeot 307. OBJ crested the solid mineral department in d FG and due process office which even the present govt depends on for it activities. he created a ceiling for profits by contractors in the federal govt award of contracts

OBJ, resonated all 1st generation teaching hospital then to world standard nd no body had continued till date for the second generation teaching hospitals. OBJ created the efcc,which is now the last resort to political criminal convictions. OBJ, liberalised the oil sector and hence ppl like ifesnyi ubah,otedola and co. could emerge billionare.,obj banned the national sanitation day and made it a state by state affair. obj created the 13% derivation re- allocation to the niger - delta as a way of gratitude for being the source of the resources..

OBJ liberalised the telecom sector as well as the broadcasting sector also the tertiary education sector. OBJ liquidated he defunct nigeria sir ways and started a joint vector with a private firm call virgin Atlantic with naija to gain so much from.

obj, created nd stated the long process of unbundling,nepa to phcn. obj..mafe the most aggressively strive at responding to power problem by buy a whooping 13 thermal power plant which his fake enemies has politicised. he installed more than half of them nd even fashola has still not purchase even one till date.

al obj's second tenure monitored never ever joined pdp,they were technocrats. I could go on and on and on.. so dt u guyz would realise that man is naija's best leader ever. if he had gotten a 3rd term,like he wanted,dou unconstitutional, naija would hv been a better place. he gave hope to hundreds of thousands who wouldn't hv gone to skl cuz of over crowding of higher institution to get a chance at national open varsity, nd made himself the model by registration nd actually schooling there....
remember he was not an economist,byt achieved so much...all thanks to who the APC I'd criticizing ( Dr Okonjo iweala) .....

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by captianfreeman(m): 9:24am On Sep 09, 2018
I am not a fan of Obasanjo , but I think it is preposterous to advice someone to jettison a privilege that has been granted by the laws of the land. .

Continue licking your wounds.That serves you right !

Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by Awoleesu(m): 9:25am On Sep 09, 2018
Abfinest007:
obj is a dirty dictator n he does not have forgiveness
Soldiers generally don't forgive...
Re: What Obasanjo Did To Me For Begging Him Not To Run For Second Term – Senator Kha by DSDLIVEREPORT: 9:25am On Sep 09, 2018
bivanJohnaliuz:
OBASANJo mother is a monkey, his father is a HANDSOME GORILLA
. . . No wonder d dude lookx lyk CHIMPAZEE
Are u describing your parents? Alaileko . Why can't u just criticise him objectively?

Jonathan’s Romance With APC Triggers Anxiety In PDP / Christiane Amanpour To Interview President Jonathan Tonight / John Oyegun's Daughter, Eniyemamwen, Weds In Lagos

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81