Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,975 members, 7,806,846 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:01 AM

Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? (11969 Views)

Do All Things Really Come From GOD? / Does "In The Name Of Jesus" Really Work? / How To Answer The Question "Where Did Jesus Say, 'I Am God, Worship Me''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:00pm On Sep 09, 2018
musicwriter:

Again, all the above saviors lived thousands of years before Jesus, they were all born by a virgin before Jesus, they all had 12 disciples before Jesus, they were all killed by enemies before Jesus, they all resurrected from the dead before Jesus, they all ascended into heaven before Jesus. Your Jesus myth is not even an original myth. Your Jesus story was copied from an earlier myth.

Who told you they didn't promise to return? When the Spanish conquistadors arrived Mexico in the 1840's, the Aztecs were waiting for the return of their risen savior Quilxecotl. The Spanish conquered the Aztecs so easily because they thought Quelxecotl has returned!!. This is how you'll be enslaved easily if any white man hang a spaceship in the sky, blow a trumpet and ask you to enter.

For further information, kindly google those names and make your own research. Jesus is satan!. There's no redemption in him. You redeem yourself by uncovering the lies told you by Europeans. You save yourself by uncovering the lies.

Your research is like very faulty. Study each of those and you will know none of them are of God of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob and of them could make the kind of claim Jesus made of Himself and none of them lived like Jesus. Each and everyone of those guys lived his selfish hedonistic life and died off. None of those guys claimed ressurection let alone Ascension. none of those guys had any pre-information about them and None claimed to come again to judge the living and the dead.
Moreover you're now shifting ground. From Jesus never existed to there's other individuals unique characters that existed.
I have added Buhari of Nigeria. ....the Nigerian messiah that's saving Nigeria from corruption. Seem you're not a patriot.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
Jesus was written into existence by Eusebius the first master Christian forger much like Harry Potter or spider man was written into existence.. All literature..
The messiah promised the jews was coming to usher in an era of Peace, the new convenant was a convenant of everlasting peace not of death for sin.. There was already a solution to the problem of sin in the old testament. ( all that was required was sincere and genuine repentance and God will remember your sins no more) no human sacrifice is required or necessary..
The gospel stories comes from ancient tales about marduk, but marduk did not die as there was no need to.
The God of the old testament is consciousness..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
neonly:

Salvation pastor
I no dey preach to anybody oo. Am just concerned about my own well being here. Trying to reconcile with the stup*id lies someone told me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
ollah2:

Why don't they attack Moses?
Why don't they attack David?
Why don't they attack Abraham?
Why don't they attack Solomon?
Why don't attack the God that instructed these guys to kill and continue killing ?
Why don't they attack the God that protected Cain who killed Abel and married his sister?
Why don't attack the God that blessed Cain's son with a city despite the crimes of Cain?
Why do they seek the blessings of Abraham despite all what he did?
Why do they seek the blessings of Isaac despite being a phedophile?
Why don't they call Isaac a phedophile?
Why do they seek for his blessings instead?

What do you mean attack God? Apart from Cain, you didn't state the crimes of others.
Moreover I can't remember anywhere in Koran that Mohammed acknowledged his wrongdoings and pleaded for forgiveness as David and Solomon did. Or Do you imply that Allah asked Mohammed to live the way he did?
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by Truthsbitter: 7:16pm On Sep 09, 2018
To place final judgement on fools.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by ollah2: 7:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

What do you mean attack God? Apart from Cain, you didn't state the crimes of others.

Why do Christians attack Allah?
Why do Christians attack Muhammed?

What did Muhammed do that the aforelisted people didn't do? Why Attack Muhammed and exonerate others?

What did Allah do that the Christian God didn't do? Why attack Allah and exonerate the Christian God ?
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
ollah2:

Why do Christians attack Allah?
Why do Christians attack Muhammed?

What did Muhammed do that the aforelisted people didn't do? Why Attack Muhammed and exonerate others?

What did Allah do that the Christian God didn't do? Why attack Allah and exonerate the Christian God ?

Do Christians attack Allah? Never knew. Only know that some people can't imagine Mohammed as a role model.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by ollah2: 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

Do Christians attack Allah? Never knew. Only know that some people can't imagine Mohammed as a role model.

Ohh I see, as usual tables are turned.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
sonmvayina:
Jesus was written into existence by Eusebius the first master Christian forger much like Harry Potter or spider man was written into existence.. All literature..
The messiah promised the jews was coming to usher in an era of Peace, the new convenant was a convenant of everlasting peace not of death for sin.. There was already a solution to the problem of sin in the old testament. ( all that was required was sincere and genuine repentance and God will remember your sins no more) no human sacrifice is required or necessary..
The gospel stories comes from ancient tales about marduk, but marduk did not die as there was no need to.
The God of the old testament is consciousness..

You didn't read old testament my dear. Every part of the old testament was pointing to the promise of Yeshua. The Jews acknowledged this as well.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by musicwriter(m): 7:28pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

Your research is like very faulty. Study each of those and you will know none of them are of God of Abraham, Isaac or Jacob and of them could make the kind of claim Jesus made of Himself and none of them lived like Jesus. Each and everyone of those guys lived his selfish hedonistic life and died off. None of those guys claimed ressurection let alone Ascension. none of those guys had any pre-information about them and None claimed to come again to judge the living and the dead.
Moreover you're now shifting ground. From Jesus never existed to there's other individuals unique characters that existed.
I have added Buhari of Nigeria. ....the Nigerian messiah that's saving Nigeria from corruption. Seem you're not a patriot.

There was no Ibraham that god spoke to!. These are myths!. Jewish scholars are now coming out to say their god is a myth.

Book:

A History of God- By Karen Armstrong.

If you read the above book, you'll learn how your old testament god evolved.

[img]http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/r/racerel/j_books/rel020_small.jpg[/img]
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:32pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

Muhammad not a role model?
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by fineboynl(m): 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

Can you quote relevant old testament verses

Hidden in Deuteronomy is yet another prophecy about the Messiah; it predicts the way in which the Savior would die and the length of time he would remain on the cross.
Deuteronomy 21:22–23 says that God cursed any man executed for breaking one of God’s commands. His body hanging on a pole was a public display of judgment. Jesus took on this curse for all of humanity when he died on the “cross” (1 Peter 2:24), fulfilling the prophecy in Deuteronomy 21:23. The apostle Paul reiterates this concept in Galatians 3:13.
Deuteronomy 21:23 also commanded that the offender’s body not be left on the pole overnight, and as we know from the Gospels, Jesus’ body was taken down and placed into the tomb before nightfall (see Matthew 27:57–60; Mark 15:42–46).
Taken from “ How Is Jesus’ Death Foretold in Deuteronomy 21:23? ” from the NIV Case for Christ Study Bible (used by permission).
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:33pm On Sep 09, 2018
ollah2:

Ohh I see, as usual tables are turned.
Was that not my first statement that you initially quoted?
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:34pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

You didn't read old testament my dear. Every part of the old testament was pointing to the promise of Yeshua. The Jews acknowledged this as well.

Quote the relevant old testament passages... Or Jewish historical records
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
fineboynl:

Hidden in Deuteronomy is yet another prophecy about the Messiah; it predicts the way in which the Savior would die and the length of time he would remain on the cross.
Deuteronomy 21:22–23 says that God cursed any man executed for breaking one of God’s commands. His body hanging on a pole was a public display of judgment. Jesus took on this curse for all of humanity when he died on the “cross” (1 Peter 2:24), fulfilling the prophecy in Deuteronomy 21:23. The apostle Paul reiterates this concept in Galatians 3:13.
Deuteronomy 21:23 also commanded that the offender’s body not be left on the pole overnight, and as we know from the Gospels, Jesus’ body was taken down and placed into the tomb before nightfall (see Matthew 27:57–60; Mark 15:42–46).
Taken from “ How Is Jesus’ Death Foretold in Deuteronomy 21:23? ” from the NIV Case for Christ Study Bible (used by permission).

my dear go and read old testament well. God will open your eyes.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:36pm On Sep 09, 2018
fineboynl:

I can't make heads or tails on this your post.. Please can you be more explicit..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by fineboynl(m): 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

my dear go and read old testament well. God will open your eyes.
in what contest?/
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

Quote the relevant old testament passages... Or Jewish historical records

my dear go and read the old testament well. God will open your eyes. They're so numerous that if I delve into it, I won't leave here this night.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 7:38pm On Sep 09, 2018
fineboynl:
in what contest?/
sorry. it wasn't for you.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by fineboynl(m): 7:39pm On Sep 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

I can't make heads or tails on this your post.. Please can you be more explicit..

Bible Prophecy: Zechariah 11:12 says, "I told them, 'If you think it best, give me my pay; but if not, keep it.' So they paid me thirty pieces of silver."

Fulfillment: Matthew 26:14-16 says, "Then one of the Twelve - the one called Judas Iscariot - went to the chief priests and asked, 'What are you willing to give me if I hand him over to you?' So they counted out for him thirty silver coins

Bible Prophecy: Psalm 22:7-8 says, "All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads: 'He trusts in the LORD; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him.'"

Fulfillment: Matthew 27:41-44 says, "In the same way the chief priests, the teachers of the law and the elders mocked him. 'He saved others,' they said, 'but he can't save himself! He's the King of Israel! Let him come down now from the cross, and we will believe in him. He trusts in God. Let God rescue him now if he wants him, for he said, I am the Son of God.' In the same way the robbers who were crucified with him also heaped insults on him."

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 7:42pm On Sep 09, 2018
fineboynl:

There was already a solution to the problem of sin in the old testament, so the jews where not waiting for a Messiah that will sacrifice himself for sin, the much awaited messiah was coming to usher in an era of Peace.. Isaiah 2... Read it and understand it well..
God does not condone human sacrifice..

The whole jesus story is roman in origin, not Jewish.. They Romans just added their scripture at the end of the Jewish Tanakh to insult God just as Daniel prophesied in Dan7 :25.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by fineboynl(m): 7:54pm On Sep 09, 2018
sonmvayina:

There was already a solution to the problem of sin in the old testament, so the jews where not waiting for a Messiah that will sacrifice himself for sin, the much awaited messiah was coming to usher in an era of Peace.. Isaiah 2... Read it and understand it well..
God does not condone human sacrifice..

The whole jesus story is roman in origin, not Jewish.. They Romans just added their scripture at the end of the Jewish Tanakh to insult God just as Daniel prophesied in Dan7 :25.
I like would love debate with you. but before we Begin the argument I would like to know your faith. which faith you belong to?
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 8:02pm On Sep 09, 2018
musicwriter:

There was no Ibraham that god spoke to!. These are myths!. Jewish scholars are now coming out to say their god is a myth.

Book:

A History of God- By Karen Armstrong.

If you read the above book, you'll learn how your old testament god evolved.

[img]http://ebooks.library.cornell.edu/r/racerel/j_books/rel020_small.jpg[/img]

An opinion of a disgruntled fellow won't override over 4000 years old Torah.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by musicwriter(m): 8:11pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

An opinion of a disgruntled fellow won't override over 4000 years old Torah.

Of course, it's only when a former believer do his research and stop believing the myth that he suddenly become a disgruntled person. Religion is not based on history, its just a "belief" no fact required.

See you later.

1 Like

Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by neonly: 8:21pm On Sep 09, 2018
Souless0:

I no dey preach to anybody oo. Am just concerned about my own well being here. Trying to reconcile with the stup*id lies someone told me.

D Lord is yur strength
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 9:18pm On Sep 09, 2018
fineboynl:
I like would love debate with you. but before we Begin the argument I would like to know your faith. which faith you belong to?

I have Knowledge of God, I don't subscribe to faith... I am igbo from delta State.. And follow igbo traditional religion.. Or omenani.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 9:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

my dear go and read the old testament well. God will open your eyes. They're so numerous that if I delve into it, I won't leave here this night.

Quote one or 2 and show me how it is a prophesy of the coming messiah and how it relates to jesus..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 9:56pm On Sep 09, 2018
studentofTruth:

Yes, I agree, but the messiah is not jesus, the messiah was coming to usher in an era of Peace and he will be a king in an earthly Kingdom.. He will have at least one son who will succeed his father and will be the Prince of Peace.. The jews don't have the idea of God mating with human as part of their belief, that is Greek /roman ideology..
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 3:45pm On Sep 15, 2018
sonmvayina:

Yes, I agree, but the messiah is not jesus, the messiah was coming to usher in an era of Peace and he will be a king in an earthly Kingdom.. He will have at least one son who will succeed his father and will be the Prince of Peace.. The jews don't have the idea of God mating with human as part of their belief, that is Greek /roman ideology..

Isaiah must be either a roman or Greek then. Go read your old testament man.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by studentofTruth: 3:50pm On Sep 15, 2018
musicwriter:

Of course, it's only when a former believer do his research and stop believing the myth that he suddenly become a disgruntled person. Religion is not based on history, its just a "belief" no fact required.

See you later.

Really? There can't be history without religion. The history of any people, is the history of their way of life and beliefs.... religion is an inherent part of that way of life. Saying religion has no history is the height of your confusion.
Re: Why Did Jesus Really Come To The Earth? by sonmvayina(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2018
studentofTruth:

Isaiah must be either a roman or Greek then. Go read your old testament man.

Quote the relevant old testament passages here, let me set you straight..

Isaiah 11

Ezekiel 37:24-25
Ezekiel 34:23-24

Hosea 3:5

Jeremiah 23, 31, 33

Those are the passages dealing with the messiah go and check if Jesus fulfilled any one.. Then come back and we will have a proper chat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Pastors Ought To Do With Tithe Money / 40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes / I Now Believe Religion and our mentality Is Hindering Nigeria Progress.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.