Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,858 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:52 PM

Kwara State Vs Kastina State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kwara State Vs Kastina State. (1263 Views)

Nine Oil Producing State Vs Multidimensional Poverty - Statisense / Video And Pictures From PDP Campaign Rally In Kankara LGA, Kastina State / Breaking! Police Arrest IPOB ESN Gunman In Kastina State Northern Nigeria-pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by pol23: 12:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Amidst every word of the mouth that Saraki Crippled Kwara state (mostly being chant by people who've never being there before)
Doing a little research and lets How many State in Nigeria can actually stand heads up with Kwara.

STATE IGR 2017 IGR 2016 GROWTH IN IGR %

LAGOS
N333,967,978,880.44 N302,425,091,964.78

RIVERS
N89,484,983,409.10 N85,287,038,971.02

DELTA
N51,888,005,338.33 N44,057,915,472.72

KWARA
N19,637,873,512.22 N17,253,829,559.51

CROSS RIVER
N18,104,562,225.62 N14,776,808,331.83

ONDO
N10,927,871,479.76 N8,684,406,578.63

SOKOTO
N9,018,844,307.29 N4,545,765,527.76

JIGAWA
N6,650,200,980.11 N3,535,349,908.61

NIGER
N6,517,939,033.07 N5,881,584,409.47

OSUN
N6,486,524,226.45 N8,884,756,040.35

KATSINA
N6,029,850,857.76 N5,545,900,833.33

ZAMFARA
N6,023,994,930.94 N4,777,169,537.80

TARABA
N5,764,251,233.85 N5,895,538,974.32

The above Figures only say One thing...KWARA IS DOING MORE THAN FINE AMONG IT PEERS...that's not the best they can be.. but when you all say He (Saraki) squandered the whole Kwara state...don't forget Kwara is not Lagos,neither do they have Oil or sea port...Yet Kwara is doing better than 90 % of any state in any region.
Stop the hate!
Kwara State can conveniently buy Kastina State.
Happy sunday.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Obainoneandonly(m): 12:37pm On Sep 09, 2018
we get the message bro,una get money pass dem
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Integrator1: 1:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
I do really wonder where all these kids are sprouting from What you posted up there clearly shows your level of illiteracy, stupidity... typical ipod I must confess.

People been affected directly are pinpointing the backwardness, undeveloped, the state is. All you could is come up with IGR??

Does that elevate poverty? Brings good road network? Or pays SALARY when being mismanaged by the crook and this unfortunate governor?
You need collect refund from your teachers as they did a bad job on you.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by pol23: 2:10pm On Sep 09, 2018
Integrator1:
I do really wonder where all these kids are sprouting from What you posted up there clearly shows your level of illiteracy, stupidity... typical ipod I must confess.

People been affected directly are pinpointing the backwardness, undeveloped, the state is. All you could is come up with IGR??

Does that elevate poverty? Brings good road network? Or pays SALARY when being mismanaged by the crook and this unfortunate governor?
You need collect refund from your teachers as they did a bad job on you.
Mr Literate.
Where do you think IGR comes from?
From the tree or a pool sand.
A state must be well managed before its IGR can climb that high...
Call me Ipob or Ipod...
What place Lagos above other state in Nigeria.... Federal government invested in Lagos and hand over the investment to the state government with just little management Lagos will survive... ( a kid like you can assume I'm hating on Lagos... I live there but Originally from Ibadan).
Asking me how does IGR elevate (alleviate) poverty shows your level of reasoning.
Why was Lagos Immune to recession ( just Google and you'll clearly see Lagosians were not affected like others)... The answer is simple... The IGR is a whole lot of money which flows around within the state... when you sell corn in Lagos you'll be richer than Yam seller in Kwara state and when you sell groundnut in Kwara you will be richer than a meat seller in Kastina state.... The purchasing power makes your item sells faster....
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Integrator1: 2:29pm On Sep 09, 2018
pol23:

Mr Literate.
Call me Ipob or Ipod...
What place Lagos above other state in Nigeria.... Federal government invested in Lagos and hand over the investment to the state government with just little management Lagos will survive... ( a kid like you can assume I'm hating on Lagos... I live there but Originally from Ibadan).
Asking me how does IGR elevate (alleviate) poverty shows your level of reasoning.
Why was Lagos Immune to recession ( just Google and you'll clearly see Lagosians were not affected like others)... The answer is simple... The IGR is a whole lot of money which flows around within the state... when you sell corn in Lagos you'll be richer than Yam seller in Kwara state and when you sell groundnut in Kwara you will be richer than a meat seller in Kastina state.... The purchasing power makes your item sells faster....

You clearly have comprehension issues and at the same time low iQ. ( Pun intended) Hope you know?

IGR effectiveness does not have to do with management, cos the word management has several definitions, each depending on how you view it?
Higher IGR simply shows how effective and efficient your tax collectors, accrued with revenue ventures.

Now lemme educate you, Lagos state has the numbers (adults) in terms either working ( federal parastatals, state workers et private entities) couple with a whole lotta companies, businesses ( shops, examples, Tb square, trade fair et all) who must pay task. All these accrued together generated the largesse of sums (IGR) logos generates. The meaning of IGR is internally generated revenue not money circulating kido.

Reason why lagos state yam seller would earn more seeking yam so base on demand and supply? Hope you remember that? Et other economic factors coupled.

Now back to kwara, most Kwarans are government workers and federal workers which aids in accruing their IGR cos of task per head. Why majorly in the north their are mostly vast in business at others. You don't expect these states to be at par with in Lagos with what I have started above.

Emphasis is on mismanagement by this thieves, what have they done with the IGR and allocation collected each month?

Hope you pick one or two outta all these and update your medulla, it will be of help. No need thanking me, you are welcome.
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by pol23: 2:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Integrator1:

You clearly have comprehension issues and at the same time low iQ. ( Pun intended) Hope you know?

IGR effectiveness does not have to do with management, cos the word management has several definitions, each depending on how you view it?
Higher IGR simply shows how effective and efficient your tax collectors, accrued with revenue ventures.

Now lemme educate you, Lagos state has the numbers (adults) in terms either working ( federal parastatals, state workers et private entities) couple with a whole lotta companies, businesses ( shops, examples, Tb square, trade fair et all) who must pay task. All these accrued together generated the largesse of sums (IGR) logos generates. The meaning of IGR is internally generated revenue not money circulating kido.

Reason why lagos state yam seller would earn more seeking yam so base on demand and supply? Hope you remember that? Et other economic factors coupled.

Now back to kwara, most Kwarans are government workers and federal workers which aids in accruing their IGR cos of task per head. Why majorly in the north their are mostly vast in business at others. You don't expect these states to be at par with in Lagos with what I have started above.

Emphasis is on mismanagement by this thieves, what have they done with the IGR and allocation collected each month?

Hope you pick one or two outta all these and update your medulla, it will be of help. No need thanking me, you are welcome.
Mr high IQ.
If you could take a minute to read what you wrote up here,the answer is in between.
I skipped several things which I'm sure you know,one of which is the IGR ( internal generated revenue)..where does it comes from like you said..from Tax and few other coperation and investment owns by the state government.
Who do the government Tax..everybody ,from direct and indirect tax (VAT)
Why does a high IGR shows government effort?
1.Surely you can't collect tax from someone you haven't emoloyed.
2.private workers won't be in your state if you haven't provide a good atmosphere to accommodate the company.
3.doing the extra thing to get those company in your state.
4.if IGR isn't a proper way to show government efficiency,...why can't Kastina or Ekiti Start raking in that much money since its all about taxation.
5.you can't collect Tax from the Salary you're not paying.

Why I said IGR is the money circulating in the Economy.
Where else does all those money goes to...yes within the state for different project.

Who are the beneficiaries of the IGR.
The residence and the company in the State....Lagos IGR is so much that Ogun state is benefiting...people working in Lagos and living In Ogun... maybe not through direct tax... but you're bringing in Lagos money to their state. .it's Empowerment.

There are state where you will be selling one tuber of Yam for 500 Naira and you might sell less than 20 daily... In Lagos you will sell the same size for 1k and sell 50 or more (the truth is you'll spend the money the way it comes too)

Head and tail of this while story is that IGR is a good and direct indicator to score a Government.

If security fails....the IGR drops...company go run ,even indigent go run.
If social amenities fails..IGR go drop.
Bad road Network...IGR go drop.
Bad policy...IGR drop...
My learned and abusive brother,I assumed I have convinced you enough that IGR is a good indicator and that Saraki wasn't a total bad egg during his time as the Governor (I know there might be few corruption case against him, but do you any Nigerian Politician without stain?)

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Cajal(m): 3:13pm On Sep 09, 2018
pol23:

Mr Literate.
Call me Ipob or Ipod...
....the most unfortunate things ever happened to the people of kwara is saraki junior
The father was far better....
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Nedfed(m): 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
Lemme spray mat here
Just here to read comments
If diaris no EPL today atleast sum people can also entertained me grin
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Ayennah: 3:20pm On Sep 09, 2018
I think a visit to kwara and one on one conversation with kwarans will end this argument. Revenue collection is managed by contractors who hire hoodlums thereby giving residents no option than to pay even when it is unreasonable.
Point 2, the pricd of some items have been doubled due to unreasonable direct taxation. For example, a load of sharp sand changed from 3500 to 7000 due to heavy tax imposed by government.
High IGR does not in any way indicate that the economy is good, we have to look at macro economic variables such as unemployment, e.t.c. the standard of living in kwara is very low Saraki has done nothing for kwara, you can praise him all you want, but the greatest calamity that can befall any man is when he start decieving himself

1 Like

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Dreamkiller: 3:27pm On Sep 09, 2018
It kind of bothers me when someone supporting saraki wil be branded an ipob or ipob, when saraki is a yorubaman from the middlebelt with fulani blood and a hausa name. I hope you look at the nigerian map and see where kwara is located then find location of the south east in that same map too so you can see how foolish you have become.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Ojiofor: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
Is Osun,Oyo,Ekiti and Ondo in anyway better than Kwara state?
I want to know the reason Thief Tinubu supporters are vilifying Saraki since he dumped Muslim Brotherhood of blood party.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Calers: 3:35pm On Sep 09, 2018
God punish fatal and sarakiller
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by shox(m): 3:43pm On Sep 09, 2018
pol23:
..Yet Kwara is doing better than 90 % of any state in any region.
Stop the hate!
Kwara State can conveniently buy Kastina State.
Happy sunday.
Am so sure you've not being to Kwara state before
You can't just be sitting Down somewhere and be supporting mediocrity
Shame on you
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by Integrator1: 3:44pm On Sep 09, 2018
pol23:

Mr high IQ.
If you could take a minute to read what you wrote up here,the answer is in between.
I skipped several things which I'm sure you know,one of which is the IGR ( internal generated revenue)..where does it comes from like you said..from Tax and few other coperation and investment owns by the state government.
Who do the government Tax..everybody ,from direct and indirect tax (VAT)
Why does a high IGR shows government effort?
1.Surely you can't collect tax from someone you haven't emoloyed.
2.private workers won't be in your state if you haven't provide a good atmosphere to accommodate the company.
3.doing the extra thing to get those company in your state.
4.if IGR isn't a proper way to show government efficiency,...why can't Kastina or Ekiti Start raking in that much money since its all about taxation.
5.you can't collect Tax from the Salary you're not paying.

Why I said IGR is the money circulating in the Economy.
Where else does all those money goes to...yes within the state for different project.

Who are the beneficiaries of the IGR.
The residence and the company in the State....Lagos IGR is so much that Ogun state is benefiting...people working in Lagos and living In Ogun... maybe not through direct tax... but you're bringing in Lagos money to their state. .it's Empowerment.

You read my post and only picked little, citizenry benefits from IGR through amenities, infrastructure, Et all like you said. But none is available in Kwara state, private entities is close to none, except federal and state workers.

Before you move a commodity into lagos state, for sale you must pay, even before entering lagos, you'd have seen those tax collectors running towards your car.

Proximity of Ogun to lagos state has greatly helped in improving their IGR, Agbara a typical example.

There are state where you will be selling one tuber of Yam for 500 Naira and you might sell less than 20 daily... In Lagos you will sell the same size for 1k and sell 50 or more (the truth is you'll spend the money the way it comes too)

Then most easterners busnessing in lagos wouldn't have mansions back home? Though you'd spend more and also make many more.

Head and tail of this while story is that IGR is a good and direct indicator to score a Government.

My emphasis is on this point above, you can only use IGR to judge a state government on commensurate level of IGR to performance in basic, infrastructure and ammonites provision. Not on money exchanging hands. Go to south East for example, Anambra and Abia, see the money in circulation though still not generating up to Kwara IGR. So would you TemmE Kwara is better than Anambra? Or Akwa-ibom cos they generate more largesse sums in terms of IGR?
Definitely you point is vague and void in that aspect.

If security fails....the IGR drops...company go run ,even indigent go run.
If social amenities fails..IGR go drop.
Bad road Network...IGR go drop.
Bad policy...IGR drop...

Though borno is insecured right now, what about their IGR? Still above some states? Isn't it?
Go to Kwara state and see bad roads only exception maybe ilorin, move to Offa, erinle, osi to kogi, Kwara north and see what bad roads is?

I'd like you to mention few infrastructure in Kwara et private companies yiu talking about?

The IGR is mostly from workers et little business men, banks a few.

My learned and abusive brother,I assumed I have convinced you enough that IGR is a good indicator and that Saraki wasn't a total bad egg during his time as the Governor (I know there might be few corruption case against him, but do you any Nigerian Politician without stain?)
Re: Kwara State Vs Kastina State. by pol23: 6:23pm On Sep 09, 2018
[quote author=Integrator1 post=71046659][/quote]

Multi Billion private company in Kwara state are very few.... but more than the numbers in 90 % of the state in Any Region.
To mention a few.
Tuyil Pharmaceutical.
Dangote Flour.
Kam Steel industry.
International Tobacco.
Forgo Battery.

In soutwest...only Lagos and Ogun are doing better than Kwara.....Oyo state has lost the glory...Thanks to Akala and Ajimobi.

Let's stop the hate.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2019 Presidency: Northern Leaders Dump Buhari, React To Aisha’s Claim Of ‘two Pe / Stunt Man Wows Commuters Around 5a.m, Today In V.I, Lagos / PDP Over Confidence In South-South And South-East Will Shock Them

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.