Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,289 members, 7,807,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:15 AM

Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University (17061 Views)

Sexually Transmitted Degrees : 7 Things You Should Know / 7 Things All Parents Should Know Before Enrolling A Child In Nigerian Schools / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by 24hoursreporter: 4:58pm On Sep 09, 2018
The University is a different ball game entirely. As a matter of fact, things will be entirely different once you step into the campus environment. Most new students come onboard with the same secondary school mentality, thus end up having serious issues. Therefore this article will focus on the top 7 things to know before going to the University.

If you focus on this article, you will not have challenges as a new student in any University, home and abroad.

Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University

#1. There Are Countless Brilliant Students Out There

One of the things to Know before going to the University is acknowledging the fact that there are countless students out there. That you were the best in your secondary doesn’t mean that you will be the best in your University.

So, bear in mind that you may not be among the best 100 students. But if you are hardworking, you will definitely be among the best.

#2. Never Discriminate Against Anybody

Ordinarily, the University houses people from different culture, religion, and ethnic groups. As a rule, never discriminate against anybody in any higher institution.

Treat people nicely with respect and try to learn from their culture, ethnic group, and more importantly religion. After all, no knowledge is waste.

#3. You Make Your Own Choice

At the University, you have to make your own choice. While it is very good to be free, it also has its negative side. As a matter of fact, freedom of choice has made many new students go astray in the University.

So, make your choice wisely, because this could either make or mar you in the University.

#4. Never Forget Your Primary Reason Of Being In School

One of the most important things to know before going to the University is your primary purpose. There are several distractions on campus that most students easily lose focus.

While it is good to involve in social activities on campus, never do that at the expense of your studies. At all time, your studies must be your top priority and never allow anything to replace this.

Whenever you class clashes with a social function on campus, always consider your studies first. This is because all your effort in the University will be as good as useless if you can’t get your result at the end of the day.

#5. Never Forget Your Family

Your family is everything, never forget them while in school. As a matter of fact, try to call them and discuss school stress with them. This will definitely ease your stress and gives you the motivation to study harder.

#6. Don’t Go Home Too Frequently

As a rule, don’t go home too frequently except it is extremely necessary. This is an area most people get it wrong. In fact, this is one of the most important things to know before going to the University.

Focus more on your studies and travel during holidays, except it is exceptionally necessary to be at home.

#7. Learn To Cook A Few Simple Meal

This is with no doubt one of the things to know before going to the University. Your days on campus will be hell if you don’t know how to cook.

So, learn how to cook noodles, spaghetti, and some other simple meals. This will definitely help in the long run.

Source: http://www.24hoursreporter.com/2018/09/09/top-7-things-to-know-before-going-to-the-university/

13 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by BigbamoAYO(m): 4:59pm On Sep 09, 2018
Nice one, FTC of da day, Dedicated to my humble self,

9 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Abbey2sam(m): 7:04am On Sep 10, 2018
It's a confirmation that no matter how good you think you are, there's someone better

# be humble and learn

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Tokziby: 7:04am On Sep 10, 2018
Times have changed and u surely need to add to it.

The most important thing to note is that, the University will not make u rich or get u employed just by good grades but finding a way to practicalize ur discipline.
If u are an auto/mechanical engineer, work with mechanics during hols or spare time, accountant move closer to the auditors or accounting company, civil engr go to sites, computer science go comp village or any computer school, lawyers work for free with Chambers etc and if u are studying courses like sociology, psychology and all those course that has no relevance in Nigeria, kindly learn a trade or two.

So that by the time u are done, u are able to stand on ur own or have an extra edge in the extremely over saturated labour market.

The university should be a place where they teach u practical knowledge of what u need to survive in the real life world, but in Nigeria it's a place where they show u theoretical knowledge with outdated books.

The only people that gets automatic employment are doctors. And it's because all they do is practicals on live patients and corpses.
Hence, whatever u do, get out there and get the relevant practical knowledge.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by tinnah(f): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2018
Who university EPP?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by olajebu(m): 7:05am On Sep 10, 2018
The same university people go to and end up being jobless and poor .

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by DAntivirus: 7:05am On Sep 10, 2018
#8. Don't take it personal when the carryover starts rolling in, its simply your souvenir grin

15 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Vikkoh(m): 7:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Ok! Lemme book this space! For the FIRST TIME! I'm among the F(IV)TC, If you know, YOU KNOW!
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by nony43(m): 7:06am On Sep 10, 2018
Learn to leave girls alone

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by holywahala19(m): 7:07am On Sep 10, 2018
angry
poor folks and their disturbance.
Poor mentality.
What's the name of the modafuc..ker university let me buy it and turn it to my poultry farm.
Nonsense.

I'm rich friends.
I live in Trafford.
I drive Lamborghini.
I'm richer than Bill gates.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Nobody: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2018
PARTY HARD
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Thickcok01: 7:07am On Sep 10, 2018
Sweet sweet p**sy in my uni those days. I transfer hiv to about 11 girls those days sha ooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by frankotele(m): 7:08am On Sep 10, 2018
Most especially, Learn with every available resourses simple tricks on How to Woo a gurl, cus after school u would stil need that knowledge.
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by drey69(m): 7:09am On Sep 10, 2018
LECTURERS ARE LECTURERS especially in public universities. A for me, B for God BS

There's no first place award, be the best of yourself and that's it.

Finally, University is overrated. Use your head

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Doerstech(m): 7:12am On Sep 10, 2018
Good points..

One other thing to know or do once you're in there is to start your own business...

Start it no matter how small....

Start now ...start today and not tomorrow.

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by geunik(m): 7:14am On Sep 10, 2018
tinnah:
Who university EPP?
Davido with his 30billion went to school
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2018
grin grin grin

Unilag sweet dye grin

Those fresh puuna gals go dey make you cum almost on a daily basis grin

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by ednut1(m): 7:17am On Sep 10, 2018
geunik:

which school The one he was the only student for d course lol

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by anochuko01(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2018
geunik:
before or after the 30b?

3 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by ybalogs(m): 7:19am On Sep 10, 2018
Good morning all

Its a great day

Today is the Start of the school session in many schools. Therefore it's time to pay fees, do business and improve lives.

Its also a time to pray. Please spare a prayer for our school system

1. Pray that our schools are protected. No breach this year
2. Pray that learning will be impactful and effective. That education achievement will be significant and obvious

3. Pray for all stakeholders... Teachers, headteachers, care givers, support staff, school owners. That they will be focussed

4. Pray for parents. For finances to pay fees. For wisdom to devote time to support their children's education

5. Pray for government. Particularly for all the government officials in education who don't seem to know what to do.

6. Pray for Leah Sharibu, the chibok girls. Let's pray that never again will such happen

7. Pray that we shall all be alive with our children to celebrate the end of this session in joy, health and bliss.

Its a season for your child to blossom in school. Fear not, your child is a genius

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:20am On Sep 10, 2018
grin

No mind that one. him no Sabi anything.
person wey no attend lectures. dem just give am certificate grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by anochuko01(m): 7:21am On Sep 10, 2018
success depends on your own creativity...

school is to brush up that creativity....

certificate is to show that your creativity has been brushed up....

so, don't goan pursue certificate and leaving your inbuilt talent.

7 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Nobody: 7:22am On Sep 10, 2018
Amazing points

Check my signature
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by oyonu(m): 7:23am On Sep 10, 2018
Most important thing is learn a skill or handwork before going to the university

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 7:25am On Sep 10, 2018
ednut1:
which school The one he was the only student for d course lol

Davido wey no attend lectures at all. Dem just give am certificate. Just like wetin dey happen with his NYSC charade. grin grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by geunik(m): 7:31am On Sep 10, 2018
anochuko01:

before or after the 30b?
After. He has been singing before he went to school. He is only serving now
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by blingxx(m): 7:35am On Sep 10, 2018
holywahala19:
angry
poor folks and their disturbance.
Poor mentality.
What's the name of the modafuc..ker university let me buy it and turn it to my poultry farm.
Nonsense.

I'm rich friends.
I live in Trafford.
I drive Lamborghini.
I'm richer than Bill gates.

you again.... undecided
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 10, 2018
olajebu:
The same university people go to and end up being jobless and poor .
You've forgotten the countless millions that have been made millionaire, become citizens of better countries, build houses in great locations, send their children abroad for great education just because of good university certificates. University degree are still respected all over the world

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by Nobody: 7:39am On Sep 10, 2018
tinnah:
Who university EPP?
Me. It helped me. Not only money but my character, new nationality etc

2 Likes

Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by holywahala19(m): 7:44am On Sep 10, 2018
blingxx:

you again.... undecided
Did you just smell the Euros Don't worry. Is me smelling cash!

Trafford rich guy. Lamborghini. Richer than BillGates
Re: Top 7 Things To Know Before Going To The University by sarcasticdude(m): 7:49am On Sep 10, 2018
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lecturers Shortage Hits Universities, ASUU Blames Japa, IPPIS / Polytechnic Lecturers Begin Strike February 25 / Outstanding Fees! Delta State First Class Scholarship Students Stranded Abroad

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.