Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,134 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man - Crime (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man (47026 Views)

American Police Officer Shoots At Man After Mistaking Sound Of Acorn For Gunshot / Bauchi Man Shoots And Kills Wife After Mistaking Her For His Son (Photos) / Doctor Removes Herdsman’s Kidney In Adamawa After Mistaking It For Tumour (photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Dbigname: 5:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
I weep for my Niggaz over there.

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by pacespot(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2018
ednut1:
and whites are not being killed Or are blacks not killing blacks too In 2015 number of pple killed by cops in usa was 1388. 40% was white. Y does no one scream about that

Look at this one, what is the population of whites compared to blacks in America, over 80% of Americans are whites, with police brutality at 40% for whites, that should tell you something.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ACE1010: 6:11pm On Sep 10, 2018
EmagNig:
A white Texas police officer who entered an apartment mistaking it for her own and shot dead the black man who lived there was arrested on manslaughter charges.

Officer Amber Guyger with the Dallas Police Department was arrested Sunday and booked into the county jail, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.

At the end of her shift and still in uniform, Guyger entered the apartment in a complex near downtown Dallas late Thursday and shot the black man who she thought was an intruder, police said.

Minutes after shooting she called emergency services and told responding officers that she thought she had entered her own apartment.

The victim, an African-American, was identified as Botham Shem Jean, 26, an immigrant from the Caribbean island nation of Saint Lucia.

Jean had graduated from a private Christian college in the state of Arkansas in 2016 and had since been working at the accounting firm PricewaterhouseCoopers in Dallas.

According to the Dallas Morning News, Guyger got off on the wrong floor of the building complex and approached an apartment exactly one floor above her own.

The door was unlocked and the lights were off and when Guyger saw a figure moving in the dark she pulled out her pistol and opened fire thinking it was an intruder, the newspaper reported.

Dallas police said that Guyger, 30, has been with the department for four years. Local reports said she was involved in an earlier shooting in May 2017.

The Dallas-Fort Worth NBC affiliate reported that Guyger was released late Sunday on a $300,000 bail.

Dallas Police Chief U. Renee Hall took the unusual step of handing the case over to the Texas Rangers — a division of the Department of Public Safety — to “eliminate the appearance of any potential bias”, police said in a statement.

“On behalf of the Dallas Police Department, we are continuing to pray for Mr. Jean’s family, and ask that the community remain patient as this investigation is conducted,” Hall said.

Hall, who is African-American, became the city’s first female police chief in September 2017.

Jean’s mother Allison Jean, earlier told NBC News that the incident “feels like a nightmare”.

Her son “was in no wrong place at any wrong time. He was in his sanctuary, in the place where he called home. He didn’t deserve this,” she told NBC.

https://lailasnews.com/white-female-cop-enters-home-mistaking-it-for-her-own-kills-black-man/

These white thrash are annoying and bloody racist ... Why charged her for manslaughter while it is clear to every reasonable eye that it's a murder case?? Imagine if the killer was a black person !! He or she would have been hanged emotionally before the physical hangman..... cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ACE1010: 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Netanyahu1:
The whole story is yet to come out. I'm sure this is a crime of passion this lady thinks she can get out of it cause she's a cop. For those screaming racism , hush already. I have seen more black on black hate in Nigeria than white on black in America. Before you call someone racist look Your self in the mirror.

Bring the mirrow nau?? Smh
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by magzey: 6:19pm On Sep 10, 2018
white men and lying are 5&6

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by troublemakea(m): 6:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
ogbonti:

It is too early for all these, the case has not been tried, she still may get the death penalty, stop whipping up sentiments here. This case is not a sprint. It is a marathon, book this space. This is Texas we are talking about, I am 99% sure, she will have a date with deathrow!

are you blind or just hving comprehension problem to see she was charged fr man slaughter not MURDER! ! there's possibility she's released

and alas she ws granted a sum of $300, 000 bail

stop fking arnd when guys re fuming dang

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by virago(f): 6:27pm On Sep 10, 2018
SarcasticGenius:
angry angry
It's hard to put this down to anything other than being trigger happy. Those playing the race card and saying that this is evidence of systematic racism are overlooking the fact that the Head of Police who is this woman's boss also happens to be a black woman as well. It's a tragedy and she's going to be well punished for her crime, but let's not make it into something that it isn't.

So was it her boss who gave her the order to shoot him or what are you saying

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by troublemakea(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
maluyi77:
She knows the guy so she's a suspect

please bro what chat app is that....wana read people's comment and possibly create a thread

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by troublemakea(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2018
bizzibodi:
Useless white bitch even if u site some1 in yur house,can't u pfucking call d cop?

are you blind to read she's a cop herself undecided

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by planetx: 6:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
Just read the comments here regarding this story and go to a black American website and read the comments on the same story and you will understand how widely different is the attitude of Africans especially Nigerians to white racism and that of American descendants of chattel slavery.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
troublemakea:
This is smtin I so much hate abou America. .

smone wud kill someone coz he/she is depressed
Kill coz u thought wrong
Kill bcoz someone broke ur heart
Kill coz u thought ts ws ur house e.t.c

and the culprit wud be allowed to go scout free by paying bail instead of suffering fr ur crimes or killed to

it's really so annoying what kinda justice operate there angry
yea the cop is obviously depressed and must have taken alcohol or hard drugs.

i dunno why the police keep recruiting drunkards and drug abusers. these particular group of people
are serious environmental hazards that must be tackled.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Oluwademilade: 7:06pm On Sep 10, 2018
She's lying

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by kabukabu50(m): 7:28pm On Sep 10, 2018
A lot of misinformation posted here.

There are pictures of them together on FB. Clearly this is a case of romance gone wrong.

The building where he lives uses chip cards for entrance. No way her chip card would open his door without him letting her in willingly.

Cmon guys, get the facts right.

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by BENEAMATA: 8:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
R . I . P to the dead , what a way to go . Let that bumbling idiot they call president a . K . a mr' lively one' now call the deceased mother and explain to her in details what a SHITHOLE COUNTRY is and why that term doesn't fit the muderous country that killed her son in his prime . Spit on your demonic , selfrighteous system ! Such a vibrant young man , what a sad loss .
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by vezycash(m): 8:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
If there was no prior bad blood between the both of them before, it looks like an honest mistake.

Just imagine this scenario. A Nigerian soldier gets by 1am, tired from work only to find someone in his apartment.

The real issue here isn't racism. American police is simply upgrading to SARS level. Shoot first, ask questions later. These days, any remotely threatening situation is treated with the highest possible force.

In fact, it'll shock you to know that a police guy was sacked for talking to someone with a gun instead of shooting (for engendering his own life and the lives of other police guys). Whereas someone who shot and killed unnecessarily was placed on paid suspension pending investigation (i.e. when news would get tired of the matter). After that, killer police resumed duty.

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by authority2006(m): 9:37pm On Sep 10, 2018
The door was unlocked and the lights were off and when Guyger saw a figure moving in the dark she pulled out her pistol and opened fire

They are already giving reason why the victim caused his own death forgetting that he was inside his own apartment. Funny people

2 Likes

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Horus(m): 10:05pm On Sep 10, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xeh1ENJFvjk

Dallas texas police officer shoots black man in apartment
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Horus(m): 9:09am On Sep 11, 2018
Quidquopro:

She was charged with manslaughter. Can you imagine

She should be charged with Murder

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Quidquopro: 9:13am On Sep 11, 2018
Horus:

She should be charged with Murder

Exactly

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Solo84(m): 9:54am On Sep 11, 2018
Did you read my post well at all?

Horus:

It is her who entered the apartement of the black man, did you read the story?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 11, 2018
Netanyahu1:
Without the race card, some people don't have a life. Without the race card , how can democrats stay relevant among black community. You have to give the people their opium.

The ignorance that your post and ednut's reek of is major darling (I have been reading the other's self hating and crassly ignorant posts elsewhere, I think it is why I am responding to this nothingness)
I actually do not know where to start educating you from cry
Intelligence is the ability to delearn/unlearn, relearn and learn when necessary
If you are white, do you (natural selection at play), if you are black, then I am mightily sorry for you
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by bizzibodi(m): 1:38pm On Sep 11, 2018
I
troublemakea:

are you blind to read she's a cop herself undecided

Are u dumb 2 know that cops can call 4 backup?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Nobody: 1:40pm On Sep 11, 2018
merahki:

The ignorance that your post and ednut's reek of is major darling (I have been reading the other's self hating and crassly ignorant posts elsewhere, I think it is why I am responding to this nothingness)
I actually do not know where to start educating you from cry
Intelligence is the ability to delearn/unlearn, relarn and learn when necessary
If you are white, do you (natural selection at play), if you are black, then I am mightily sorry for you
Cheers

Educating me? I like learning things I don't know as since ignorance is a burden to wisdom .

I don't really know what your point is , but the one thing that captured my attention is the (self hate) comment. To that I will say to you that a mad man that continues to praise and self love himself is never gonna get help, because he loves himself so much that he does not even know he is crazy.

Until black people in America look at themselves individually and ask what is wrong with me? they are going to continue to wallow in ( group think syndrome) and continue in their slavery to the democratic party.

For Nigerians, is it not ironic that they all frown and scream racism in one accord with black Americans, yet they line up at the US embassy to come to the same country they criticize.

Mr man take a hard look at yourself in the mirror.
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by Evangkatsoulis: 4:39pm On Sep 11, 2018
Horus:

Maybe the judge felt guilty after the 1st case?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by troublemakea(m): 5:31pm On Sep 11, 2018
bizzibodi:
I
Are u dumb 2 know that cops can call 4 backup?

are you foolish to see she happened to see just a movement I.e just a person in the said house so why waste back up fuel undecided
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ogbonti: 7:14pm On Sep 11, 2018
troublemakea:

are you blind or just hving comprehension problem to see she was charged fr man slaughter not MURDER! ! there's possibility she's released

and alas she ws granted a sum of $300, 000 bail

stop fking arnd when guys re fuming dang

shut up id 0t. why are u always cursing? are u so dissatisfied with life that you curse all the time? must everyone agree with you? do you know how the justice system work? you are a blo ody a$s wi pe ? so you have passed judgement already without a jury that it is 300k right? you a re a BIG FO OL
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by troublemakea(m): 2:37am On Sep 12, 2018
ogbonti:

shut up id 0t. why are u always cursing? are u so dissatisfied with life that you curse all the time? must everyone agree with you? do you know how the justice system work? you are a blo ody a$s wi pe ? so you have passed judgement already without a jury that it is 300k right? you a re a BIG FO OL

why all this blunders

are you this dissatisfied with life undecided
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by ogbonti: 2:07pm On Sep 12, 2018
troublemakea:

why all this blunders

are you this dissatisfied with life undecided

aww my apologies, I should have read your name, "troublemakea" even your name in your profile is wrongly spelt. your name answers it all. I DONT HAVE TIME FOR RUBBISH, bye!
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by bizzibodi(m): 2:26pm On Sep 14, 2018
troublemakea:

are you foolish to see she happened to see just a movement I.e just a person in the said house so why waste back up fuel undecided
For yur foolish mind u see somebody in yur "house" without even seeing him face,or asking him what u doing in ma house?u just shoot him because u have a gun?
Re: Texas Policewoman Enters Home Mistaking It For Her Own & Kills Black Man by bizzibodi(m): 8:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
troublemakea:

Odee!movement in another person house?may a trigger happy SARS miss his house or an armed robber house 4 yours.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Names And Photos Of The Victims Of Owo Massacre / Indonesian Men Beaten With Cane 100 Times For Having Sex With Underage Girls / Graduate Shot Dead In Osogbo By Hoodlums Who Looted His Boss' Properties (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.