Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,306 members, 7,808,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 AM

Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? (690 Views)

Wike Lauds Supreme Court For Stopping Currency Swap Deadline / Court Stops Buhari, CBN, Others From Suspending Currency Swap Policy / Currency Swap: Gbajabiamila Threatens Warrant Of Arrest Against Emefiele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 12:53pm On Sep 10, 2018
Since the China/Nigeria currency deal/swap I have waited to see a slight change in exchange rate but what I see everyday is Naira losing more value or remained stagnant. Please someone should enlighten me on how to measure the impact or is this another scam?
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by iammo(m): 1:20pm On Sep 10, 2018
Linzo:
Since the China/Nigeria currency deal/swap I have waited to see a slight change in exchange rate but what I see everyday is Naira losing more value or remained stagnant. Please someone should enlighten me on how to measure the impact or is this another scam?

its only $2.5bn worth of yuan (16bn rmb) that CBN got from Peoples bank of china and total trade volume between Nigeria and China is $13.8bn a year, this can't really have drastic impact, as not all nigerian traders can access the Chinese currency from CBN only few people that qualifies for it if what you want to import is only CBN approved list.

In reality if you still want to travel to china, you would be wise to get yourself your dollars from an aboki, because your chances of getting Yuan from CBN may be slim
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 1:29pm On Sep 10, 2018
iammo:

its only $2.5bn worth of yuan (16bn rmb) that CBN got from Peoples bank of china and total trade volume between Nigeria and China is $13.8bn a year, this can't really have drastic impact, as not all nigerian traders can access the Chinese currency from CBN only few people that qualifies for it if what you want to import is only CBN approved list.

In reality if you still want to travel to china, you would be wise to get yourself your dollars from an aboki, because your chances of getting Yuan from CBN may be slim
So you mean the deal will not force exchange rate of Naira to appreciate against the dollar? And price of common commodities will not fall?
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by deomelo: 1:31pm On Sep 10, 2018
Another ipob and anti Nigerian lamentation thread.

Next>>>>>>>

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by iammo(m): 1:38pm On Sep 10, 2018
Linzo:

So you mean the deal will not force exchange rate of Naira to appreciate against the dollar? And price of common commodities will not fall?
no it wouldn't, has we need dollar complete the $2.5bn (CBN swap deal) - $13.8bn (total yearly trade)= $11.3bn (trade deficit). besides we need dollars for all of our other trades with other countries like Japan(cars) Dubai(tourism/shopping) India ( medical tourism) UK/US (education) Germany(Cars, construction and machinery). However it would slightly give convenience to few lucky traders that access it from CBN.
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 1:50pm On Sep 10, 2018
iammo:

no it wouldn't, has we need dollar complete the $2.5bn (CBN swap deal) - $13.8bn (total yearly trade)= $11.3bn (trade deficit). besides we need dollars for all of our other trades with other countries like Japan(cars) Dubai(tourism/shopping) India ( medical tourism) UK/US (education) Germany(Cars, construction and machinery). However it would slightly give convenience to few lucky traders that access it from CBN.
Hmmmmm you just weaken my moral because I shifted certain international payments I needed to make to December believing on this deal, that it will weaken dollar to atleast N150/$
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
So in it give no significant impact na?
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by osazeeblue01: 4:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Linzo:

Nigerians are in a wrong hands.
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 9:12pm On Sep 10, 2018
osazeeblue01:

Nigerians are in a wrong hands.
Bro you're right
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Softhands(m): 3:13pm On Sep 14, 2018
Contact me if you need RMB... don't go and be stressing yourself too much.
iammo:

Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by Linzo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 07, 2018
We are waiting
Re: Where Is Impact Of China Currency Swap/deal? by gabng(m): 1:23am On Oct 08, 2018
Approach your bank if you are in need of RMB (Yuan)

Stop lamenting in something you have not made any effort to access.

(1) (Reply)

Pdp Introduced Rigging To Nigeria, I Feel No Petty for them / Osunrerun Election: What To Expect From Nigeria Presidential Election 2019 / Nigeria Senate President Bukola Saraki Speaks Onā€˜stepping Down' For Atiku Abuba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.