Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,849 members, 7,802,716 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' (21536 Views)

Peter Obi Congratulates Chinonso Eche And Victor Kipo On Guinness World Records / Soludo Gives Scholarship To 5 Times Guinness World Record Holder Chinonso Eche / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by iwithnessnews: 3:42pm On Sep 10, 2018
Imo 2019: Nwosu remains my choice, says Okorocha
NWOSU

..Says not aware Eche is running for gov

As APC denies Uzodinma membership

Stanley Uzoaru,Owerri

Contrary to claims that Governor Rochas okorocha of Imo State, is reconsidering shifting his support for his Chief of Staff and son-in-law, Uche Nwosu, to succeed him in office on the platform of the All Progressives Congress(APC), the governor has rather maintained that he is still solidly behind him.

It was alleged that governor Okorocha, in a bid to hearken to the popular voices in the state against his support for Nwosu, had opted for the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Mr. George Eche, who allegedly got the governor’s nod to obtain interest and nomination form to contest for the same position with Nwosu under the same party.

But in a press statement credited to his Chief Press Secretary, Sam Onwuemeodo, the governor denied asking Eche to contest for top seat, insisting that he is not aware of the SSG’s gubernatorial aspiration.

According to the statement “And if Mr. Eche is actually contesting the governorship, he is doing so as an Imo man or as a Nigerian exercising his constitutional rights and that has nothing to do with the governor.”

The statement further reads “Before now, what Mr. Eche had told the governor was that he was going to contest the House of Representatives for Aboh Mbaise/Ngor Okpala Federal Constituency, and if he has changed his mind for another position, the governor does not know.

“It is also important to advise Mr. Eche to stop further dropping of the governor’s name. If he has decided to Ccontest for the governorship of thes, he should do so without dropping the governor’s name.”

And whether he is under any pressure to drop Nwosu for another aspirant, Okorocha noted in the statement, “For the sake of emphasis, the governor is not under any pressure over the governorship bid of Chief Uche Nwosu.

“Nwosu has collected his nomination forms, and will face APC delegates for the primary and if he wins the primary, he will face Imo electorate in the election proper. And if Imo people elect him to be their governor, so shall it be.

“That is to say, Uche Nwosu’s fate over the governorship of the state will be decided by the Almighty God first, then APC delegates for the primary and Imo people at the main election. So, the issue of the governor being under pressure over Nwosu’s governorship aspiration is neither here nor there”

Meanwhile , the state’s chairman of APC, Daniel Nwafor, has maintained that the party is only aware of one gubernatorial aspirant so far that has purchase the party’s interest and nomination form, and that he is Nwosu.

Briefing journalists, on Monday, at the party secretariat, in Owerri, Nwafor maintained that Eche was yet to intimate the party of his interest to run for the governorship seat under APC.

Similarly, the Nwafor recognised ecxecutive of the party has warned Sen. Hope Uzodinma to stop parading himself as a member of the APC, stressing that he (Uzodinma) is yet to be recognised at the ward and local government level of the party.

According to Nwafor, “Hope Uzodinma is not a member of APC , the ward chairman of Omuma where he came from has not informed us that he has registered with them, likewise the LG chairmen, even Hope has not declared on the floor of the senate”

Nwafor also warned Uzodinma against parading himself as the leader of the party in the state, maintaining that the party has only one leader in the person of Governor Okorocha.

The state Local Government chairman of APC, Jerry Madubueze, also denied Uzodinma as a registered member of the area.

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/sunnewsonline.com/imo-2019-nwosu-remains-my-choice-says-okorocha/amp/

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Nobody: 3:44pm On Sep 10, 2018
Lolzzzzz

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by CROWNWEALTH019(m): 3:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
grin

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 10, 2018
Juliusmalema:
Lolzzzzz
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by slivertongue: 3:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
A house divided against itself shall surely fall

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Nbote(m): 4:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Even d Etche guy must b high on pepper or a descendant of Lie Muhammed.. Even a deaf mute and a blind man knows Rochas is pushing grooming his in-laws to take over d Imo govt house

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by emeijeh(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
Therefore, no statue for him in Owerri

When Okorocha sees Eche

53 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Firefire(m): 4:21pm On Sep 10, 2018
APC is indeed a JOKE!

15 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Firefire(m): 4:22pm On Sep 10, 2018
slivertongue:
A house divided against itself shall surely fall

Things FALL APART!

5 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Naijaguy12345(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Is this news ?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by BruncleZuma: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hehehehe

This guy is just hilarious...
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by aguiyi2: 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Imo people,what crime did you commit to attract Okorocha as punishment?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Oluwaseyi456(m): 4:23pm On Sep 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by gen2briz(m): 4:24pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hidden agenda
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Bibors(m): 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
Like father like son.
The I am not aware spirit of PMB has entered Rocha's.

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by YurFatHer: 4:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
now that u r aware, wetin we go do

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 10, 2018
OKorocha and TRAMADOL, inseparable

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by maestroferdi: 4:27pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hope Uzodinma has to be very dumb judging by his actions recently...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Akinola119: 4:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
hmmm
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by yomi96(m): 4:36pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hope Uzodinma how market

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Shortyy(f): 4:39pm On Sep 10, 2018
Please we don't need anything related to Rochas in Imo state!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by 2truthfulguy: 4:45pm On Sep 10, 2018
Hello nairalanders. I really need your advise please.
Concerning the MSME programm that was organised in all states. I happen to visitt one in Oyo State but to my surprise, I found all that they request go totally away from whaat the told us at the programm.
They requested for too many thigs as if to send us away. The worst being request to pay 10% of the total load being reqursted for, to be paid upfront. As we all know that there is scamming everywhere even Nigerians are beng scammed by their goverments.( GNLD, MMM etc are good examples. These people operated in Nigeria with the conecnt of the government).
Thus after providing qualaterals as suretee for loan of =N=10,000,000. You still pay =N=1,000,000 ufront. And for =N=5,000,000 loan, you still pay =N=500,000. Please is there anybody who can witness haven benefited as I fear I may lose the money.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Gkemz: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Everybody who has worked close to Rochas is coming out for one post. From deputy governor, Chief of staff and now SSG

6 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by 9japarrot: 4:48pm On Sep 10, 2018
Eberibe so you want to say you are not aware of this?

shocked

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by hypazmedia: 4:49pm On Sep 10, 2018
Shortyy:
Please we don't need anything related to Rochas in Imo state!

Loud it

1 Like

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Edoziesmart(m): 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2018
So his inlaw is the one he chooses to contest for the governorship candidate eeh kwa?

This man had finally turned Imo state government to his family business. Is hightime the imolite gather hands together now that it is still early and send APC packing from their state.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Lawalemi(m): 5:02pm On Sep 10, 2018
All his lieutenants are gradually stepping away from him
Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by Abagworo(m): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2018
Okorocha is the most advanced and sophisticated politician in Igboland.

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by slyopez(m): 5:25pm On Sep 10, 2018
He's not only supporting his son in-law (Uche Nwosu) for the Guber position, he's also pushing for his 2nd son in-law (Evan Enwerem's son) that only paid bride price last Saturday to go as a running mate to Uche Nwosu.
Imolites don suffer.

4 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by udo2018: 5:30pm On Sep 10, 2018
Selfishness and greediness will surely lead to his doom..

2 Likes

Re: Okorocha: 'George Eche My SSG Running For Governor? I'm Not Aware' by DrMuzungu(m): 5:47pm On Sep 10, 2018
ROACHASS!!!!!!!!

Sit down and listen, sonny!!!

You have damaged Imo state more than all governors before you, more than even that rat Ohakim! Whatever cr@p happens to you, whoever stabs you in the back from your own people, you deserve every bit of it!!!

Have a nice day, roach-ass!

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Malami Hires American Firms To Plant Pro-Buhari Oped In US Papers- Premium Times / Abba Kyari: We've Been Vindicated - Southeast Youths On Arrest Of Super Cop / Eko Bridge Fire Outbreak: Lagos Gives Squatters 48 Hours To Vacate Area

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.